X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Base 1

The reddish brown haired began walking towards Takoizu and into the light.

"Because... I used to work with your parents."

Comment

Base 1 - Future | Night

Takoizu didn't really know what to say about the man's sudden revelation. Takoizu remembered faces pretty well, and the was beginning to remember this man's face, but she still didn't know his name.

"What's your name?", Takoizu asked in a slightly calmer tone, still keeping the gun trained on the man, but easing her aiming stance by a little.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Base 1

"My name... Is Otori Inozuka" he said, revealing his face. His expression was soul crushing to any normal man, and feared by soldiers. His eyes were a blunt mixture of cold blood and the ultimate form of sadness.

Comment

Base 1 - Future | Night

Takoizu slowly lowered her gun and placed it back on her magnetic holster. This man seemed to be telling the truth, and based on his facial expressions, he did not want to fight. It almost looked like he was on his way to death's doorstep already.

"What plan were you talking about earlier?", Takoizu asked Otori.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Base 1

Otori simply handed the files.

"You came for these, correct? You'll find everything here..."

Comment

ACO Helicopter - Russia | Day

"Kingdom Hearts Characters." He said almost in a matter-of-fact tone. "They're a group that existed in the game and exist here now. Even their castle was from the game. 'The Castle That Never Was' or something like that..." He shrugged. "Other than that, ya would need to look at their files for more."

Banished Library - Gensokyo | Day

"Too late for what?" Shulk asked as he grasped John's hand. "What's down here?"
              Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-23-2013, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Almost nothing. Cole had never heard of this Kingdom Hearts or of the organisation. It appeared that Cole was going to have to ask other people when he would arrive in London.
                Cole promptly noticed that the girl, Flandre, was moving around. She was regaining consciousness. This could result in one of two things:
                Either she would remember what had happened back in the castle and would attack Cole. Or she was going to peacefully awaken and not act as a threat towards Cole and the others.
                Cole hoped that the latter would occur.
                "Hey, I think Flan-Flandre is about to wake up." Cole hastily and nervously spoke up towards the ACO members.
                Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Skies over the US

At this point, the white streak of energy was now visible in the sky of the entire US, from Maine down to California, where it seemed to be getting bigger and bigger.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

At this point in time, John realized that Shulk was never told about why they were down here in the first place.

"A book that's going to save our friend.", John said to Shulk.

"I'm going to assume that as a member of the SCAE, you will have Characters on file, maybe even us. The reason we're down here is because our friend, Yukka Kazami, is going to die if we don't get that book. Yuuka is a Youkai, and because of that, she is more dependent on her spiritual energy than humans are. Yuuka's soul was damaged when we revived her after an incident called the "Devourer Incident", and ever since then, she's been getting weaker and weaker to the point that she's now fading away, physically fading away. That book has the location of The Associate, and if we can find him, then we can get the location of the Soul Vault. Once there, we need to bring the missing piece of her soul back to her and unify both pieces. If we don't, then she's going to disappear.", John explained to Shulk in a solemn tone, with the smallest traces of sadness underneath.

Based on the tone John explained the situation to Shulk, it was clear that their mission was incredibly important to him.

Base 1 - Future | Night

Takoizu was happy to have the files, but she still wanted to know what Otori had planned. Was it bad?

"What did you have planned? If you thought a Spartan came here to stop you, then it has to be important. You already mentioned it, so there's not turning back now.", Takoizu calmly said to Otori after receiving the files.

Outside Rena's Apartment - Santa Cruz - California | Night

Isaac stepped out of the snake's mouth and whipped his arms out in front of himself.

"Ugh. Next time, can we please travel my way? I don't like to be covered in snake spit. Do you like to be coated in snake spit?", Isaac asked Lujuria.

As Isaac talked to Lujuria, he failed to notice the object in the sky.
                    sigpic

Comment

Base 1

"My plans... I'll tell you. But first, let me ask you this: do you know what it's like to be truly human? One amongst your friends, all of whom are characters?"

Comment

Base 1 - Future | Night

Takoizu found his question to be.. strange. He was asking a Half-Youkai Spartan whether or not she knew what it was like to be truly human. In a physical sense, she was never human to begin with. One could argue that she was human in the sense of being superhuman, but that argument would not work here. Of course, there was also being human in the other sense, having one's humanity, the human condition, feeling.

"There are many interpretations of 'being human.' For example, I'm not human in the physical sense, but I am in the abstract sense. Which one are you referring to?", Takoizu asked Otori.
                        sigpic

Comment

Base 1

"Characters are fascinating. They think so deeply. For me, though, it's a simple yes. There was only one other human I had a relationship with. That was my father. I hated him. I killed him because I thought what he was doing was wrong. I thought I was being a hero. But it's like Two-Face said in the dark knight. You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. It was on that day... That everything changed... For the worst."

Many years have passed, and Otori was starting to look much like his father... sitting on his chair at his house... alone...

"... so... this is how it ended...

everyone is gone... I had a mission... to send everyone back to their worlds... but I failed... but that's alright... they all had a good time here... they all died happy I guess...

but everyone's gone... even Shiki... some guardian I am... everyone's dead... And I wasn't there to stop it...

but why am I still here? Why am I not dead?...

Maybe... it's because in the end... I was the only real human... everyone else was data brought to life... it's... only logical...

... why... is it ... that I'm... starting to understand... what father was saying...

it's because he was right... he was right... I... understand now... father...

There is no place... For any alien species like characters... There will be those willing to use them...

... I... I want to create the army. That which was seen as evil... But instead to keep everyone together... To fight everyone else... It's them against the world...

I'm sorry... Shikieiki... I have to..."

"It was then that I used the money our family prospered to refound Neo-Yakuza. But then... If I were to become as evil as my father... I wanted my descendant to stop me... To carry on the will of the Inozukas. But the only person I ever loved was Shikieiki Yamaxanadu... And she's dead now. I have no one to carry out my -- our legacy... So my plans... Create my child using the last Horizon system... I took Shikieiki's ribbon. Turned it into code because that is how she was made: with the ribbon. Then, I surpassed my father by taking my blood -- my DNA -- and turned it into code. I used that to create my new son... He's already almost done. My plans are complete. And it is in his code... To eliminate me when the time is right. However, I knew that you had an equal chance of doing it yourself. So it is also in his code... To fight you. To see who is worthy. To see once and for all whether the Inozukas will continue... Or end at a character's hands. There was nothing that could be done to stop that day from coming... Just as there was no way to stop that bomb... The one that took her away from me..."

Otori let a tear escape.

Comment

Base 1 - Future | Night

Takoizu was silent for a moment and absorbed everything Otori said. Otori said that he created the son to kill him one day, but it was clear to Takoizu that Otori was lying to himself. He missed not only all the Characters he was friends with, he also deeply missed Shikieiki and could not let her go. Otori seemed to be on the brink of insanity, trying so desperately to hold on to the only person he loved by creating a son from her code and his blood. She didn't know why Otori wanted her to kill him. She didn't care about such things as being the leader of the Neo-Yakuza. In the end, everyone was still going to die, due to the Anti-magic Bomb. Not only that, but it seemed like he also blamed that bomb, the one that triggered this apocalyptic nightmare. With all that in mind, Takoizu spoke.

"What if I told you that I could change all that?", Takoizu asked Otori as she looked into his eyes.

"I can tell that you miss Shikieiki, and that you creating a son is more because you deeply miss her than because you want to continue your lineage. You want to at least see some part of her that is still there, still alive... Am I wrong?", Takoizu asked Otori in a calm, caring tone.
                            sigpic

Comment

"A book?" Shulk's eyes widened with realization. The vision...
                              "A book that can help heal the soul?" The hooded man quickly and silently kept within earshot of the two as they headed for the room with the vertical passage while darting between hiding places. "Now that would fetch a fair bit of coin..."

The man signaled silently for another to place a talisman on the girl that was slowly waking up. "She should still be weak from the battle, but we're taking a precaution. That Talisman should help seal her true power for now... but it won't hold for long." He then addressed the girl directly. "Hey, you alright? You had a rough day..."

Outside Rena's Apartment - Santa Cruz - California | Night

The man with the fedora and leather jacket was hiding in a distant bush, well out of visual range. He had specialized binoculars with a chip that highlighted Rena even through the building. He scanned the area and saw the snake and the man from the store as well as another woman. Then he noticed slight interference and looked skyward, seeing the meteor, or so he thought at first. "Ugh nothing is ever simple..." He said to himself in his mind.

Comment

Santa Cruz

The Huntress spotted the man sporting a fedora with her visor's many vision modes, and was about to fire a wrning shot when she noticed he looked up. The streak was then crashed down with a bi boom which could clearly be heard across the city, as a blue aura began to form around the crash site, which was directly into and through an old church which sat next to a huge graveyard. Car alarms went off all around the city. Then, screams began to occur as well, especially near both the church and nearby hospitals.

"Ah, shit." The Huntress whispered.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Working...
                                X