Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planet Dua - Mirror Sea - Isle of Spirits
    Manor of Eternity - Sanctuary of Light Access Hall

As John followed behind Mima, the note caught John off guard as it suddenly flew into his face, sticking to his visor. John, now surprised, quickly pulled his left hand off of his gun and swiftly swiped the note from his helmet.

"You're getting slow, John.", Cortana said, teasing John.

John simply gave a small grunt of agitation at the remark. He could not believe that he was caught off guard by a simple piece of paper, and Cortana probably wouldn't let him live it down so easily. He would have to be more vigilant next time. After a moment, John looked down at the note and read what was written on it.

"The stars remaining in the sky tell how much time remains?"* "Fear Nothing?" What did the note mean by that? John knew that there was something odd about the message. The "fear Nothing" had the "n" capitalized, meaning that the message was not encouraging the reader to be brave, it was telling the reader to fear.. Nothing. What it meant by that, John didn't know. As for the first message above, that was even more cryptic than "fear Nothing". What did it mean about time running out? Something told John that this message was important, but without context, he was only left with questions.
    Last edited by S121; 02-03-2015, 04:48 PM.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Isle of Spirits

"It's either more cryptic bullshit, which this island seems have have in spades, or it's in a context we're not seeing. Or it's literal. Who knows with this goddamn island?" Mima said, shrugging a little.

"Just tell me when we're ready to move. Keep pace as best you can. I can scout for traps since, well, it probably wouldn't affect me much, considering my... form." Mima explained.

Crash Site

SiMo saw Ethan move through the door as it began to shut again. A red tracer laser was sighted through the dark. Super Heavy. SiMo dashed backwards through the huge door as it sealed behind the two. beyond the door was a wall, with a small metal door far smaller than one would expect for such a door to seal.

"Through here is core control. I will initiate what we need, and then we can get out through an emergency exit. Persay." SiMo explained.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

John continued to stare at the note as Mima spoke. From what John could tell, Mima's guess was as good as his. It was only when Cortana spoke when John finally took his focus off of the note.

"A penny for your thoughts?", Cortana asked John.

John wanted to talk with Cortana about the note and perhaps even find out what it meant, but they could do that later. Right now, they had other things to worry about, such as getting out of this Manor and into orbit.

"When we're in orbit.", John said to Cortana before putting the note away inside one of his storage compartments and readying his gun.

"Let's move.", John said to the group as he followed Mima.

Crash Site - Nevaaras

Ethan landed with a hard thud as he hit the ground feet first, but other than that, Ethan seemed perfectly fine, perfectly content with the mission at hand.

"Sounds easy enough. What do I need to do?", Ethan asked SiMo.
        Last edited by S121; 02-03-2015, 04:49 PM.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Nevaaras CY-001

As the sound of explosions from Megumi's Rock Cannon blasting against Astraea's shield echoed throughout the area, Tommy still morphed as the White Ranger finally stood up after getting stunned by Astraea's strike to his armor. Standing up Tommy took a deep breath as he was quickly recovering from Astreaea's attack. Looking forward, he saw what was going on between the two.

"Oh no this is bad!" He proclaimed as he quickly reached for his trusty blade Saba. As he did he held it so that the blade was pointing down at the ground, and the White Tigger head at the bottom of the blade's hilt was pointing up. Aiming carefully at Astraea's back he fired a small weak laser from the eyes of the tigger head on his blade to stun Astraea.

Comment

Isle of Spirits

To say she was bored was an understatement, Mara looked at the place as she followed the others, "I wonder what happened, since what we have gathered is true, then we are at the last moments of this universe`s lifespan" She commented

"Unless any of you have a time traveling device, we are basically screwed"
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

John listened to Mara as she stated her thoughts on what the paper said and ever so slightly turned his head to look at Mara.

"We don't know that yet. All of our guesses are pure conjecture based solely on what this paper says. Until we have more intel, we cannot make any accurate assumptions.", John said to Mara, albeit in a somewhat cold and unfeeling manner.

"I'm gonna have to side with The Chief on this one. The universe still has at least 85 trillion years left before it will begin to show the signs of Heat Death.", Cortana added.

While Cortana agreed with John's reasoning, she believed his delivery needed a little work. Cortana may have been used to the usual tone in John's voice when he was focused, but that didn't mean everyone else was. With that in mind, Cortana privately sent Mara a transmission.

"Don't take it to heart if Chief sounds cold or unfriendly. He just has a hard time speaking to others how we normally would."
              Last edited by S121; 02-03-2015, 04:49 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

"Still, we got to put the possible cards on the public, whatever is happening is already strange enough to the point of being calm in this strange place" Mara continued while taking the odd doll "And this guy surely has answers that will bring more questions"

Suddenly hearing the AI´s voice in her head gave a shiver to the bioroid "I forgot that feeling of a tiny voice in my head, but anyways, your boyfriend´s attitude isn´t surprising, aged armor, tactical in everything, always on the duty, your typical soldier" she spoke to Cortana through the connection.
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

John simply turned his head back to where the group was walking to and remained silent. To John, there really wasn't much more to say.

Meanwhile, Cortana couldn't help but laugh when Mara said "boyfriend". Cortana may have wisecracked and joked about John and her being in a romantic relationship over the years, but it was truly a first to hear someone else make one of those jokes for once.

"Hey! I'm the only one allowed to make jokes like that!", Cortana jokingly said to Mara through the transmission.
                  Last edited by S121; 02-03-2015, 04:50 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

"Ohh, so the electronic one has great humor?" Mara taunted enjoying the conversation with who seemed to be the only person with it, the soldier was obviously almost a mechanical humanoid, the couple were troubled with whatever was happening, which was understandable, and the spirit woman was sarcastic and neutral to anything.

"Since you seem to be the talkative of the duo, what are your thoughts on this? soldier boy won´t crack with my questions, but what do you think of this situation?" the bioroid asked as they headed to their destination

Spoiler:

Comment

If Cortana had a physical body, she would have been smiling. To her, it was nice to speak to Mara, as if they had been friends in the past. Perhaps they were friends in the past.

"I don't really know what to make of it. It's obvious that there's something much larger going on here, something we're not seeing, but what? Not a clue.", Cortana said to Mara.

"Despite all the fun we've been having here, it seems we all want to leave, but I also have one last thing to take care of.", Cortana added.
                      Last edited by S121; 02-03-2015, 04:50 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

"The biggest issue is that there is nothing to tell us about this place, time or dimension, only that woman of recently, and it was already confusing, then comes the fact that we specifically were selected to be alive for whatever or whoever this place is" The golden eyed woman commented now being serious.

Mara was honestly confused of why this group of people, herself included, were here, she did have some vague memory of meeting at least the armored soldier and the electronic woman, so maybe something happened while they were all together and got sucked into this situation in the past.

"Say.. maybe it is just me and I have something odd in my memory, but I have the hunch of meeting you people in the past, at least spartan boy and electronic girl, do you have something in your memories about something similar?" The white haired woman asked to the group

(forgot the shrine of seasons..)
                        Shrine of Seasons - Northern section

Following the rodent wasn´t so hard since the little menace, as Bryn called it, was making it "murping" sound almost every time it jumped around. The black haired bioroid would have enjoyed sending the creature through a rocket´s core and see what could have happened, but at least the little one had a direction.

Meanwhile Runa was looking at the shrine´s walls and noticed that there were marking depicting specific things "Hm.. I wonder what was the reason for this shrine to be build, it is divided in four zones and this one is getting colder as we go deeper" she commented.

Bryn gazed at the markings and gave her guess "Something related to the winter or cold temperatures, so if there are four zones.. maybe the seasons of a year?" she said as they kept going forward

Spoiler:

Comment

[IC] Eternal Galaxy: Phoenix

[for reference]

Manor of Eternity - Entrance Hall

The halls were ultimately devoid of any life, not even the Shadows of the Demonarc lessers disturbed it. The flames were still blue and darkness still prevailed. However, in the dim light a figure from before could be seen. The young man who the group encountered in the prior battle stood at the entrance. Unlike before, the dark aura surrounding him was no more.

Shrine of Seasons North B1
                          "Mhm~ So best be careful to not... Slip!" The girl zipped around the bridge as just a shadow, giggling as she left the room heading for the next floor down.

The Mus finally bounced down and came to an abrupt stop against the wall of the door leading to the room of the ice bridge. It gave one last murp before seemingly passing out.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-14-2015, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Reaching the little creature, Runa picked the mus and carefully put it in her pocket, she eyed her companion "It already helped us, we can give it some rest", Bryn only nodded not minding about it as she walked towards the door and put her hand on it.

Instantly feeling the cold temperature seeping to her skin, the bioroid pulled her palm out of the door´s reach "Looks like they didn´t joked around with this are being of the winter themes, its almost going to minus Celsius degrees in there" she warned while going at it again and tried to open it, it took a bit more of her strength since there was ice actually blocking the movement.

After putting enough strength, Bryn managed to open the door which led to what looked like a puzzle of the same element and there was someone else in there "Looks like we found our missing person" she commented to the redhead
                            Last edited by Kristia; 01-29-2015, 01:23 AM.

Spoiler:

Comment

Bardock continued to look at the room ahead of him as he attempted to slowly cross the ice bridge. As he was crossing the bridge though he stopped in his tracks as he heard a voice coming from behind him. Surprised and stunned, Bardock turned to look over his shoulder, and back at Bryn and Runa.

"What the- what are you two doing down here!?" Bardock said in a quiet, but still curiously angered voice as he looked at the two. Despite having only seen the two from back at the old base, he did recognize them... for the most part.

Alcyon Space - Reiya's Ship

As Add was doing relatively nothing on the ship while waiting for the ship to reach Alcyon, he had gotten caught off guard as he found himself being sent flying back, up some stairs, and into a wall.

This action had caught him off guard, and actually was quite painful.

"GAH!!! WHAT THE FUCKING HELL!?!?"

Comment

Bryn was about to make a comment about already meeting the soldier guy but stopped as she noticed that he tried to be as silent as possible while scolding them. With a calm and silent tone, the black haired woman answered "We received a signal from this place and came here, I suppose it wasn´t you who sent it"

Runa on the other hand was examining the place "Fragile looking bridge, enough stress might destroy it whether by weight or even sound, best strategy is to move as calmly as possible and be silent" she guessed and looked at Bardock "Whatever we have to say, let´s focus on the task, later we can talk about why we are here"

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X