X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nevaaras

The two heard the ruckus and rushed outside. They encountered Megumi, struck with shock and slight fear.

"Should we interfere?" Asked Jim.

Morice stood for a second, wondering.

"... I'll ask."

"What?!" Jim said in awe. "What the hell is this?! When the hell do you ever 'ask' to fight?!"

"It would be a waste of my energy, but then again it would prove beneficial to wasting time. After all, we have hours to kill."

Morice turned in the general direction of the two women.

"Hey! Should we interfere?!" He asked.

Comment

Nevaaras CY-001

When Morice and Jim came outside to investigate what happened Megumi quickly turned her attention to them.

"This involves me and only me! No one else should interfere!" Megumi said in a harsh tone as she the blue flame appeared over her eye again. The look on her face went from fear and shock to a fierce one. One that a hardened warrior would have. Megumi then slowly approached Astraea who was still on the ground... Megumi was ready to strike Astraea with her sword... with the intent to kill.
      Last edited by SUSTIC; 04-18-2014, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Nevaaras CY-001

Astraea still laid there on the ground dazed from her fall. However she quickly sat up and rubbed her head.

"Owie that really hurt..." She said to herself as she looked up and noticed that Megumi was right above her with her sword drawn. "Eep!!!" Astraea yelled as she quickly grabbed her sword the Chrysoar and shield above her head to protect her from Megumi's attack, all the while quickly activating the Aegis Shield Frontal's barrier system.

Comment

Sanctuary of Light

"..." Aurora was silent for a moment. "...The condition in which the galaxy once was must be the same in order to replicate the creation of the species which inhabited it. If the certain conditions are not met, the process will not start. If there is an obstacle to this end then it will be removed. If there is not, then no action will be taken."
          A strange look that seemed both angry and sad flashed across her face. "...If you oppose, then you are an obstacle." The words seemed forced as though she was trying to stop herself from saying them. "All... obstacles... must be removed."

Nevaaras Headquarters - Nevaaras CY-001 - Miranda's Office

Grey crossed his arms with his head tipped forward in almost deep thought. "...There are ancient mechanisms in the galaxy that serve as a means to restore it should it 'die.' Prior to today, everyone was colonizing the husk of the galaxy while it was in a dormant state. Someone or something brought it out of this dormant state. Therefore, the processes in which the Galaxy will attempt to recreate conditions on all the planets will start." He turned slightly to look at Miranda. "Any terraforming and structures will be the first thing this process targets." He then uncrossed his arms and spoke in a solemn tone. "...Including this colony."

Comment

Planet Dua - Mirror Sea - Isle of Spirits
            Manor of Eternity - Sanctuary of Light

John lightly shook his head as he looked down at the ground in front of him. It was clear to John that there was nothing to be done for Aurora. She was not able to see any other choice, other than to destroy everything in the galaxy. If that was the case, then John had to stop her. It was not safe for them to leave her in this state, and staying here was no better. They were getting nowhere by simply talking. It was time to act.

"I'm sorry Aurora, but that's not going to happen.", John said to Aurora in a calm, yet somewhat sad tone as he looked back up at her.

"Where's the computer? How can I gain access to it?", John asked.

Crash Site - Nevaaras

Ethan quietly grabbed the lighter back and out it away, not saying a single word. After all, Ethan did not want to alert any of the Infected inside the ship. Instead, Ethan simply nodded at SimO as he waited to move on.
            Last edited by S121; 04-19-2014, 12:08 AM.
            Originally posted by S121
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

Nevaaras

"See, she doesn't want it," said Jim.

"I guess so, yea alright! You two have fun, don't kill yourselves, I really don't care if you do, just don't stain the sand in blood!"

He turned to Jim. "Alright, let's go do something, I'm bored."

"Yes, sir," he replied. The two began walking to the crash site.

Comment

Right before Aurora could respond, the barrier that imprisoned her went pitch black and opaque.

The sound of armored footsteps could be heard approaching from the entranceway to the east wing of the Sanctuary.
                Then the voice of a man could be heard.
                "Access to the GAIA Computer is forbidden, as attempting to do so would require the removal of the barrier; the same barrier that restrains Aurora."
                A figure wearing black armor with a sword and shield walked into the room towards the black column that once was where Aurora was.

"Although she still has influence in the Galaxy, the barrier is still capable of restricting her. She cannot do any real harm as long as it remains." The Black Knight said as he turned to the group with his back to the barrier and his sword resting with the tip down and his shield held in front of it.

Comment

Sanctuary of Light

"Okay, let me ask bluntly, if you don't mind. Who in the Blazing Hells are you?" Mima asked.

Crash Site

The door slid open, and SimO stepped through. The Piloting Deck was a mere shade of it's former self. Infested growths grew along the walls and spores hung in the air like Black Death. The dead bodies of the captain and crew were violently and horrendously ripped and torn to shreds. It looked like the bodies had been through a blender. Except for one. The captain himself. THe only injury the captain sustained was a large hole through his chest cavity. The captian's eyes blankly stared off into the distance. SimO pulled out a knife, getting down to the captain's level, and closing the eyes of the captain to be respectful, then jabbing a knfie through his head.

"Goodbye, Captain, it was a pleasure serving under you." SimO said quietly to himself. He stood back up, and turned to Ethan.

"This was the only place there could be survivors. Because there aren't any here, there are none at all. We need to extract the files from the ship and then detonate it." SimO explained.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

As soon as the unidentified knight walked into the room, John quickly spun around and had his M6D Magnum Pistol at the ready, just in case the person was hostile.

"Identify yourself.", John said to the man in a calm, serious tone, backing up what Mima had asked.

Crash Site - Nevaaras

Ethan watched as SimO said his final farewell to the captain of the ship and plunged the knife through his head to prevent infection. Ethan thought it as a little sad to see and hear SimO say goodbye to a person Ethan could only guess had all of the robot's respect, but what was done was done. What they had to do now was gather the data from the ship and destroy it to ensure this infection could not escape. After SimO spoke about gathering the data from the ship and detonating it, Ethan spoke.

"Where can we access the ship's data terminals? Do we need to activate the ship to access the data?", Ethan asked SimO.
                    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                    sigpic

Comment

"Who I am is of no concern to you or anyone else outside these walls. What I am, however..." The knight began, "...I am the last champion of the original ideals of this place. The last true Guardian of Time. Although Aurora was also a Guardian of Time, she has taken our goal to preserve the galaxy to a deadly extreme, as you are well aware by now..."

Comment

Crash Site

"Give me a moment." SimO said, as he went over to the ship's main console, typing faster then one could see, and readouts appeared on the screen in the forms of binary. It scrolled extrodanarily fast, and went through in about 3 seconds.

"I now have the data. The destruction sequence is however disconnected from this console, we will have to activate it manually by going to the core." SimO explained. "From there we can detonate the core and then leave before the ship does the same."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

after the Guardian spoke, John looked over to Aurora with his peripherals, then back to the Guardian. John didn't like the thouht of hsaaving an unidentified entity in his midst, but at least the Guardian was not hostile.

"Aurora is trying to wipe the galaxy, and we need to stop her. How do we get to the computer and shut off the protocol?", John asked the Guardian as he lowered his pistol and placed it back on his magnetic holster.

Crash Site - Nevaaras

After SimO informed Ethan about their next course of action, he could only wonder what kind of power system the ship used. Ethan knew a lot about power systems, and especially how to detonate them, thanks to his line of work. Depending on the power core, they would either have to follow a particular set of steps to detonate it, or remove fractions of the power source to ensure it didn't cause a larger explosion than was needed.

"So what kind of power source does this ship run on?", Ethan asked SimO.
                          sigpic

Comment

"As I said," the knight began, "To access the GAIA Computer you would need to remove the barrier, which I will not allow. Aurora cannot execute the Phoenix Code the same as it had been executed before. The barrier is preventing her. There is nothing you need to do."

Comment

John frowned inside of his helmet as the Guardian advised them to leave Aurora in her current state. To John, doing so was very unwise. For all they knew, there could be a point in time where the barrier would fail, and if that happened, everyone would be dead and the galaxy would follow the same pattern as before. John didn't know when, but he knew that it was only a matter of time, whether it was years from now, or billions, even trillions of years from now.

"We're not about to leave her in that state. It's unwise to leave an AI bent on wiping the galaxy in standby mode. We need to shut it down to be safe. Is there a way to access the GIA computer and shut down the program without physically interfacing with the computer?", John asked the Guardian.
                              sigpic

Comment

"If there was any means of accessing the GAIA Computer through the barrier, then the Phoenix Code would have been initialized again a long time ago." The guardian responded in a level tone. "Although previously, Aurora was able to utilize some functions of it prior, the barrier has since been modified to contain her indefinitely. The barrier has held for hundreds of trillions of years. I can assure you that it will not fall."

Comment

Working...
                                X