Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eternal Galaxy: Phoenix - Intermission

OOC

Use Eternal Galaxy Phoenix OOC Board for this

Essentially, this is a place to construct the parts of EG: Phoenix that would occur after the current parts in it. This will be used so that things can happen without me in this RP but then come the day I return from my absence, We can tie up loose ends in the actual IC and merge in things from this into it accordingly.

TL;DR
    Continue RPing for EG: Phoenix here while the main RP is on hold, then later when it is not on hold we can then work on merging parts created here into it so that it fits with things and then we continue again in the main thread.

I'll post these details in the OOC's OP so as to keep track of it.

IC

((Collaborate to generate scenarios that would occur after the current scenes in EG: Phoenix. Use this to play out those scenes and then later after the 4 month hold we'll work on merging them into EG: Phoenix properly.))

(I suppose I'll start. Just gonna make some references to stuff we've planned out in mumble, Cucoo)

Shrine of Seasons | Main Hall
    BGM: Code Geass R2 OST: Boy from Britannia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtxNw8Rs8Ds

As Phenom and the others finally returned to the Main Hall of the Shrine of Seasons, Phenom looked to the main entrance. There was no sunlight peeking through as there was when he had initially entered the temple. There were no birds chirping, and no trees rustling in the wind. There was only silence and darkness. Night had come, yet tremors from the earthquake continued to ripple through the ground. They were fortunate to have survived the collapse of the Shrine of Winter. Phenom closed his eyes as he approached the large door that served as the main entrance.

"I suppose I can't blame the world for being silent after such an earthquake..." he said to himself. The event reminded him a bit of the day the Earth tore itself apart.

Phenom began to push the door open, revealing Alcyon's disheveled surface. He turned to face the others, a small frown making its way across his face as he reflected on the loss of Nyctores to that... thing. He turned back to the outdoors, placing his fingers against his headset. "Lachesis..."

"Yeah, Phen?"

"Extraction."

"Of course. Sending out a ticket now. A dropship should reach the surface in 10 minutes."

"Thanks. Out." Phenom finished. He turned to the others once more. "I'm returning to my base. I suppose I trust all of you enough to extend an invitation. If you would like to come along, say so."
    Last edited by Kilelicus; 05-05-2015, 11:18 PM.
    Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
    "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Shrine of Seasons | Main Hall

It had been a rather long, and surprisingly... difficult and slightly depressing trip through that Shrine. Bardock had managed to learn a few things about this strange world he is in, but also some stuff about his temporary allies. In fact he isn't as disgruntled or annoyed by having worked with Runa, Bryn, and Phenom earlier. Though despite his slight new respect for the others, something quite... surprisingly depressing had happened... The loss of that little Shadow gir. Her death hadn't really rattled or shaken Bardock, but watching her die by the hands of... whatever that thing was, was something that such a little girl like that Nyctores girl should have suffered from. It was a shame that she died... Bardock was sort of beginning to get used to her.

Bardock's expression didn't show any signs of depression on what had happened though, despite all that had happened inside the Shrine, he's more relieved to finally be outside. Before he stepped out of the shrine he let out a slightly exhausted sigh as he was beginning to feel tired and hungry as well, but also partly to shift focus onto something else.

"Finally. Feels nice to be back outside of those damn ruins..." Bardock spoke as he noticed Phenom's rather depressed expression. So it seems that Phenom was also quite saddened about losing Nyctores. Bardock had also noticed the rather planet's surface from the large earthquake that happened earlier had indeed caused quite a bit of damage. That though wasn't all too surprising to Bardock.

Before Bardock could say anything though, he heard Phenom speak up to Bardock, Bryn, and Runa. Apparently Phenom trusts Bardock and the others to come with him to his base. That really didn't interest Bardock much, but having remembered noticing how fast Phenom was moving earlier in the shrine, did make Bardock want to take up his offer just so he could see what else Phenom could possibly do... Aside from that but this would probably also be a good way to no just get off this planet, but also get some food.

"I'll go with you. But as long as you have plenty of food there. I have had hardly anything to eat all day... or yesterday in fact."

Comment

Alcyon | Shrine of Seasons
        BGM: Code Geass R2 OST: Boy From Britannia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtxNw8Rs8Ds

Phenom glanced back at Bardock and nodded, "Plenty. Enough on board to feed millions for years..." he said with a slightly disappointed tone of voice. He had inadvertently reminded himself of the millions of Angel Legionnaires that had died before GaHDD left Earth Space. "And there are hydroponics, so we're self-sustaining."

"Phenom!" Lachesis's voice crackled through his headset.

"Yes?"

"While you're waiting, how about you compile all the data your terminal obtained while you were down there and send it back to me? I'll give the Lords our report."

"Will do." He said, promptly pressing and flicking his way through different displays on his hardlight terminal. He cocked his head backwards and began to speak. "I said I trust you three. That's not an easy feat." He then returned his attention to his terminal and spoke to Lachesis once more.

"There... data inbound. Also bringing back one combatant." Phenom finished before turning to the others once more. "Runa? Bryn? What will you do?"

Comment

Focusing on the scenery, Bryn just answered Phenom´s question "I came from another universse through a wormhole and already met unique people, discovered an ancient shrine, saw elements in humanoid forms and almost got a sample of those creatures" she closed her eyes remembering the girl and sighed "might as well go with you people, one galaxy gone is already mind taxing, I won´t let that happen to this one"

Runa looked at her battered SMG and worked on it "As Bryn said, there is a great danger growing in the depths of the galaxy and we are only four people excluding Phenom´s group" she smiled and looked at them "Corrupted monsters and fighting to protect civilizations, didn´t think I would be doing that again" she looked at her weapon again and loaded it "I´m in"
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

((Just dropping this here to start up one thing))
            The group on Dua finally reached the Pangaea Space Port on Duon, where they found Nemesis's mechanically dying form protecting MIMI who was in critical condition while being suspended in stasis as well as a Keystone. They recovered MIMI's mind and by her request, brought along the lifeless body of Nemesis. MIMI asked those willing to help to bring them to the Nexion System so that they could be repaired. Those that agreed to help her and her sister went onto the one remaining transport that was functional and proceeded through a Rift Gate to Sedes Imperii. There they navigated through the nebulous planet to where the floating city known as the Palace was supposed to be only to find nothing there. After decending to the aquatic core of the planet, they find the city floating there, with the lower levels submerged under water. MIMI asks if they can figure out a way to reach the R&D labs that are in the lower levels. Morpheus advises the group to restore power to the Palace in order to raise it out of the water.

The Palace is a massive city with a predominant singular structure that it was named after which seemed to flow seamlessly with the rest of it. Grand arches and ornate stained glass along with massive stretches that were decorated with Corlaviri glass. The Palace held many riches as well as technological wonders. It was the most advanced structure in the solar system and held the central database of the Galaxy: the Archives. It also was dominated by royal living quarters as well as a large throne room with a stained glass mural at the far end, which had the likeness of Aurora in it in the center, surrounded by several structures containing spherical jewels.

Comment

BGM: Code Geass R2 OST: Boy From Britannia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtxNw8Rs8Ds

Phenom looked to the sky, waiting for the dropship.

"I admire your resolve. You would make excellent soldiers. But for now..."

Phenom's voice was drowned out by the sound of a GaHDD dropship approaching the surface. When he realized it was near, he cut himself off. The ship looked similar to a flying crane with a box strapped firmly to its belly. The craft touched down and the door unsealed and slid open. An Angel inside spoke up over the sound of the crafts jets. "Major Ortus! Good to see you again! Lachesis told us you had one combatant coming with?"

"Make it three." Phenom responded.

"Understood sir! You three..." He called out pointing to Bardock, Runa, and Bryn, "Go ahead and climb inside! We'll take you to Heaven!"

Phenom made his way over to the dropship, smoothly stepping up into the interior.

Comment

Pleased by the aspect that there will in fact be a good amount of food at their destination, Bardock was definitely going to join Phenom to this Heaven place. Without saying anything though, he just listened to Phenom speak back to Runa, and Bryn when suddenly Phenom's dropship had landed. The quick arrival of the dropship made Bardock smirk a little as right after the doors opened and Phenom entered, Bardock immediately followed suit, entering the ship right behind Phenom.

"Nice ship." Bardock simply commented as he entered the ship, and almost immediately began to examine the interior of Phenom's dropship.

Comment

Runa was examining the ship the moment it landed "Hm.. good engines and efective design.. maybe adding some solar panels here and here would increase the energy charging.." she kept thinking outloud and didn´t notice the bioroid picking her up who spoke "You can dissect the ship later, we got to first get their trust and then you can play around and making new inventions with them" she put the redhead inside the ship and looked at the "Angel"

"Be prepared to see an eager engineer trying to work on one of your ships, but don´t worry about any damage, it would get fixed or upgraded" the grin eyed woman said and felt a tug on her arm, Runa had a mischievous smile on her face who just said "remember our deal?" the bioroid couldn´t help but chuckle "later little one, not in front of innocent eyes" she said knowing she too had to do her part.
                  Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Alcyon | Inside the Dropship

"Aaaah, I see you have a fine eye for space-faring hardware, li'l miss!" Started the engineer on board the drop ship. "But I'm afraid you're mistaken! No number of solar panels will ever increase the charge of this puppy! She runs on 5 super charged Micro-Fission reactors, and we've fitted three separate capacitors for quick start up! If we want it to be more efficient, we'd have to harness a new energy source!"

"Speaking of which," Phenom quipped, "We may have such an opportunity in this age..."

"Oh that's right! I suppose we WERE floating through space for a couple dozen millenia. There must be some sort of technological advances around this place, wherever we are..." The engineer answered.

Phenom placed his fingers upon his headset once more, "How's that report coming, Lachesis?"

"It's all received, and I've forwarded it to the Lords."

"Excellent. See you soon."

The pilot called up from the front after Runa and Bryn boarded the ship. "Major Ortus! We good to go?"

"All in. Get us off this planet."

"Roger, Major!" The pilot complied, before setting the dropship on a course back to Heaven.

Comment

Hearing about energy resources, Runa had an idea "Maybe you don´t need to go further since most living beings adapt to new things, so it would be good to have a failsafe retro-manufactured energy source" she said tapping her chin while thinking "It can be for emergency procedures or when a powerful EMP fries the electric parts of the average engine or a radiation spike affects the fuel reserves" she continued

The drawback though is that it would be less efficient, but since it is too "old" for the attacker´s knowledge, it can be used as an advantage to exploit, same for weaponry, you can have all this technological energy beams, gravity force waves, etcetera, but a simple piece of rock on space can still destroy a frigate, a manual slingshot mechanism would be both the oddest and best surprise attack."

Spoiler:

Comment

BGM: Lost Planet 2 OST: Welcome to the jungle, boys! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpWyn_RohVE

From the cockpit, the pilot, an older man, presumably in his 50's, called back to the passengers, "Alright, kids! Hold onto your asses! This is gonna be a bumpy bus ride!"

The dropship began to lift off of the ground as Phenom grabbed a bracing bar above him. He preferred to fly standing up. Sitting down in flight made him airsick. As the dropship lurched forward, Phenom braced himself for the ship's acceleration. It always felt strange for him, being able to withstand sudden acceleration to hypersonic speeds on his own, but it being more difficult when he was in a vehicle.

The dropship's engines flared as the pilot whooped and hollered "Here we go, kids!" Suddenly he slammed the throttle forward and the dropship shot off at a slight incline, quickly gaining speed. As the craft screamed through Alcyon's skies, the engineer within spoke up.

"So that earthquake that happened earlier really screwed up some of this planet," he started, "We've already deployed three Guardian Angels to the most heavily effected areas to secure any survivors. However, we're not so sure they won't come back empty-handed."

"Who's planetside?" Phenom asked over the roar of the engines outside, pressing a button on the ceiling. The doors to the dropship became transparent and at their height, one could see a number of fires burning in the distance. As the ship continued to accelerate towards Alcyon's exosphere, the number of visible fires grew larger and larger.

"Colonel Valli, Lieutenant Colonel Strelok and Major Gaspard, sir!"

"Boston, Kiev, and Paris.... hmm... They'll do fine. You three..." Phenom said, addressing Bardock, Runa, and Bryn, "I'm sure you have questions. They'll be answered when we arrive."
                        Last edited by Kilelicus; 05-08-2015, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Bryn did have a question that could be answered already "I do have an easy question for you, what do you people do? surely you aren´t some sort of biblical cult or something like that, right?" she asked with a neutral tone, there was no accusation or anything similar to that.

Spoiler:

Comment

(Fun Fact: In Phenom's Canon, GaHDD is so advanced, they are what sparked many modern religions. They are those "people from the sky." Yes. Heaven and GaHDD are that old. Also GaHDD arrived in this timeline by way of a fissure. They're not from the same Earth that belongs to this universe.)

Alcyon Stratosphere | Inside the Dropship

"Biblical cult?" The engineer responded, "Oh, you must be referring to our calling ourselves Angels and our base, Heaven. Well... ya see... our organization is pretty ancient. As in it predates most modern religions. Actually wait... how do you know about the Bible? The Earth exploded! There were no survivors, and GaHDD was the only organization that had mastered intra-galactic travel, with or without the use of cryogenic stasis."

Phenom's left eyebrow raised as he recalled Bryn's constant addressing of the labyrinth guardian as "The Minotaur" a blatant reference to Greek mythology, despite there being no way there were any survivors from the Earth's explosion besides themselves.

"She mentioned The Minotaur a number of times, as well... Tell me, Bryn. How do you know these things? Nobody survived Earth's destruction except for our organization." Phenom added.
                            Last edited by Kilelicus; 05-09-2015, 01:55 AM.

Comment

"Curiosity my friends" Bryn smiled faintly "I´m a person who seeks knowledge of things, and to obtain such thing I had to scavenge through eons of history, and with enough time I managed to get some from the Sol system with the third planet called Earth, Terra, Gaia, You name it" she continued and suddenly her eyes widened for a second "One moment" she said lifting her left arm and started pressing some buttons on her wrist accesory.

Alcyon - Colony

Bryn´s ship was still on its landing zone when its computers started working and the engines heating up, soon the ship floated on the place and moved towards space towards Bryn´s location

"Sorry for that, forgot my ship on the colony, if your people see a battered vessel flying without pilot, just let it land, I got precious books and other treasures that would be next to impossible to obtain again, but back on track" the bioroid started explaining

"Surely you have heard of radio waves signals, right? Those waves just keep moving through space and won´t stop until they reach an end and go back, which would be highly difficult since an "edge" in the universe is still yet to be found. So if you manage to obtain such signals and understand the language, you prett much can hear Earth´s life through a radio." the black haired woman said

"So you are both a scholar and a scientist? what else do you do?" Runa asked interested in what the woman had "I remember seeing many trinkets and oddities in your ship, and some of them looked like trash, no offense though"

"None taken, that trash could be what I use as bargain with other collectors, since they had what I wanted and I got something they liked. Books, datapads, machines, anything about Earth or the Sol system interested me, so I got to learn the lore of some of its cultures, it is impressive the quantity of language that planet had within each continent, and when humans went to space, so their cultures and treasures" Bryn finished her explanation

"If you want to, I can share some of the stuff I have for the sake of knowledge" she offered to Phenom and the engineer

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X