X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcyon Space | Heaven Hangar 5

Finally back on her ship, Bryn took some tools and handed them to Runa "Have fun with the engine and feel free to do anything you like on it" She said expecting a smile from the redhead, but received a confused look

"Howbdo you trust me so easily? I could sabotage it or steal something from it" asked the engineer as they entered the battered ship. The bioroid shrugged saying "You have the air of curiousness and sincerity, and also gave me the benefit of doubt when I needed help with my arm, so if I trusted you with my body, a ship seems like nothing"

Runa smiled and then blushed with some lqughter "Guess you are right, but I still have to check you out.. For scientific purposes" she countered. Bryn smiled at that "You are a fast learner with the silver tongue little one, but back on track, how does it looks over there?" she asked. Opening the electric box and working on the wiring.

The redhead already had black taints of oil and grease on her body as she was flat on her back while working with the engine "It is ok for short trecks, but needs some work on the pressure, the readings I got from the core show faint leaks so a sealing is a priority there" she said and threw damaged pieces as if they were nothing.

"The hull needs some polishing too and hole is still a danger.." muttered the bioroid looking at it "Well, let's work with you" she picked up the welding tool and the necessary materials to repair it.
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Alcyon Space | Space Station
      BGM: Ghost in the Shell SAC OST: Run Rabbit Junk (1:00 to 2:22) https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=60&v=aAn_wyzdxgQ

As Phenom finished his plate, he sped over to the buffet for more food, adding a third and fourth plate to his collection, his face showing signs of competitiveness as well. He damn sure wasn't about to be out-eaten in front of Lachesis. It was clear that simply being around her caused Phenom's stoic and professional disposition to fade almost entirely. He returned to the table and began inhaling his newly acquired meal.

"And with me, you know, it's just a matter of speeding up my metabolism." Phenom said, cramming a slice of ham down his throat.

"Whatever you say, Phen. You've always had lousy table manners anyway." Lachesis retorted.

As the Saiyan and the Guardian Angel continued to return to the buffet for more food over and over, the Angels simply stared on in utter shock. Never before had someone ever rivaled Phenom's legendary appetite. More and more Angels started gathering around the Mess Hall as Phenom and Bardock took turns attempting to out-eat each other.

Alcyon CY-044 | Colony Square

Gaspard turned away from the family and moved towards the part of the colony that was within the mountain, hoping to find whoever was in charge of this colony. He saw the streets begin to fill with some action of whatever police force these people had. They bustled around, checking other houses. Gaspard continued on his way until he came to a rather official looking building. He walked up and knocked on the door.

"Hello, mon amie, my name is Gaspard! I'm here to help! Is there anyone inside?"
      Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
      "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Alcyon Space | Space Station

As Bardock was halfway done with his 3 large current plates of food, he looked over only to see Phenom with another couple plates of food. Seeing this Bardock began chowing down even faster as he was quickly beginning to finish his current plates of food. In fact it didn't take long for him to finish, and once he was finished he quickly ran back to the buffet for more food, this time coming back to the table with several plates and bowls of food. A stack of 1 plate in each hand, one plate balancing on each forearm, and one plate of food balancing nicely on each shoulder. Once at the table he sat down while carefully yet quickly placing each of his six plates on the table. Thankfully he hadn't spilt any food onto the floor or table due to some practice regarding carrying so much plates of food back where he came from.

Now with more food on the table, Bardock quickly began eating without much signs of slowing down. It was like there were two black holes fighting each other in who could consume more food. The look on Bardock's face was one of true burning passion as he continued to challenge Phenom into their current eating competition. If this doesn't stop soon, then the Mess Hall might run out of food for the time being.

Alcyon CY-044 | Colony Square

Meanwhile, Dave was still in his office. Freaking out and still a little dazed about the recent earthquake. However while he was trying to straighten things up in a panic, he stopped and turned towards his door as he heard a knock, followed by someone introducing themselves as Gaspard. Hearing this, Dave quickly responded.

"Gaspard? That sounds like a name a guard would have! Get your ass in here cause the door is OPEN!" Dave yelled in a panicked, if not slightly disturbed/psychotic tone.

Comment

Alcyon Space | Space Station "Heaven" Interior
          BGM: Ghost in the Shell SAC OST: Run Rabbit Junk (1:00 to 2:22) https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=60&v=aAn_wyzdxgQ

Phenom stood up straight and collected 6 plates of food and proclaimed proudly "Bardock, you are a formidable eater, but I have something you'll never have!"

He threw his food up in the air vanished, leaving an after image that began to fade from sight. As time passed, the food began vanishing from the air.

Lachesis simply planted her hand against her face before looking up at Bardock, the most sincere smile across her face. "I appreciate this, you know? This is the Phenom I know and love. Before he changed. I missed this version of him." she said.

Before long, Phenom was back on the ground, 6 cleaned off plates in hand. He set them down and took a bow, met with a number of claps from the onlooking Angels.

"Your move, Bardock."

Alcyon CY-044 | Colony Government Building

Gaspard opened the door and entered, finding a rather disheveled mayor's office within. "Um... Mon Amie, I am no guard. I'm simply an outsider, come to help. Are you okay?"

Comment

Bardock finished his plates of food and turned to Phenom, and upon witnessing Phenom's impressive feat, Bardock was nearly left speechless for a few seconds.

"I... uh... grrrrrRRRRAAAAAAGH!!" Bardock responded, obviously stunned at first, but his stunned expression turned to one of anger as he let out a loud battle cry as he let out a surge of energy that blew away the table they and plates of food that was on it. That was when Bardock quickly lunged at the Buffet table and began eating all the food he can straight from the buffet. It looked like he was a complete beast as his competitive spirit was at it's peak. In fact Bardock began to nearly go through half of what was left of the buffet before stopping and grabbing his throat. Bardock's competitive and beast-like expression had quickly changed to one of shock and... is his face turning blue!? Turns out that as Bardock was eating all the food in a frenzy, he had swallowed a turkey leg and had only bit it in two before trying to swallow, with one half of the turkey leg getting caught in his throat.

Bardock then turned to Phenom and Lachesis as he began gasping for air as his wind-pipe was clogged and began trying to perform the Heimlich maneuver on himself in hopes of dislodging the turkey leg from his throat. Thankfully just as he fell to his knees he managed to dislodge the turkey leg from his throat with one final jab at his own chest, resulting him in coughing up the broken turkey leg on the ground, and Bardock trying to catch his breath.

Dave just looked at Gaspard in a confused manner upon hearing Gaspard say 'Mon Amie'. It was clear that Dave either haven't heard the phrase before, or haven't heard it enough before.

"I'm sorry but I don't speak dog." Dave replied in a rather serious and deadpan tone, clearly ignoring Gaspard's comment about being here as an outsider trying to help with the colony. Whether Dave was purposefully ignoring most of what Gaspard said and only focusing on the French portion of Gaspard's comment, despite how little French Gaspard spoke.

Comment

Lachesis groaned as the eating competition ended, "Have you two stopped stuffing your faces yet?"

Phenom chuckled slightly and rubbed the back of his head. "Sorry, Lachesis." He said, holding out his hand to Bardock. "I like you, Bardock. I hope we can work together well in the future." He said.

"Good, now if you guys are done, the Lords called, Phen. They wanna speak with you."

"Well... I suppose we shouldn't keep them waiting. Bardock, this is a general debrief. If you'd like to come with, I suppose there's not much stopping you."

Gaspard scratched his head in confusion, "Sir, I am French... And, as I said, I'm here to help you colony recover from the earthquake."

Comment

A rather loud boom could be heard from the engine's exhausts as some smoke appeared followed by a smoke covered bioroid, her pale face was blackened by the smoke, but as she took her goggles off, her eyes and surroundings contrasted with the rest of her face "The seals are placed, but had to vent the energy out, forgot that the torch was active" she said getting out of the exhaust

Runa looked from the cocpit and burst out laughing at the appearance of her friend "With things like that, I have to question your proffesionalism at work" she jocked "The electrical wiring is done and the neural interface is repaired, it only needs to be tested"

"I will test that later, at the moment the more important parts are done, the secondary ones can be repaired by the ship, but for now I need a shower" the bioroid said entering the ship and heading to her quarters while the engineer kept looking around the ship fascinated by the things it had around
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Bardock looked up at Phenom as he had recovered from nearly choking to death. The Saiyan simply stared at Phenom for a minute before smirking as he grabbed Phenom's hand.

"Yeah well you gave me a good challenge... Surprised to see someone else to eat as much as a Saiyan. For me that's a normal breakfast." Bardock remarked with a chuckle as then Phenom was asked to go see the "Lord's". Bardock wasn't intending on going, but since Phenom managed to give him quite a bit of a challenge in their eating contest along with the fact that he has nothing better to do, Bardock simply nodded.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to go with you."
                  Last edited by SUSTIC; 05-12-2015, 06:14 PM.

Comment

As Bryn was cleaning herself, Runa decided to make some treasure hunting inside the ship, there were objects that varied from old tech stuff to ancient books that, in the redhead´s knowledge, would have become dust if they were from the time that the bioroid said they were from "How come you guys survived so many centuries and eons" she asked herself while carefully touching a book and since it didn´t disappear by her touch, she took it.

The engineer looked at the cover and smiled "I, Robot" she said "One of the core starts of robotics, even in this era, Asimov was the one who started it all" she continued looking at the book and found the famows three laws "You made the first step and look at what we got now" she read the book again.

Meanwhile, Bryn was cleaning the rest of the smoke as she looked at her mirror ("The scratches are fading and the injuries healing, good") she then looked at her fixd arm ("That still needs some polishing"), then the bioroid went for some fresh clothes, it was a black turtleneck and grey pants and a white coat. "Would you look at that Phds and other certificates.. just pieces of data for clearance, now I´m back at square one, or even zero in this new world" she spoke grimly, but then smiled "A new challenge and many tests to be done."

Spoiler:

Comment

BGM: EVE OST: Red Glowing Dust https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iKA2wJp97s

As Phenom and Lachesis led Bardock out of the Mess Hall and back into the Atrium, one could feel the air of lightheartedness around Phenom fade into solemnity once more. Lachesis, attempting to make conversation as they approached an elevator in the back of the room.

"So Bardock, you seem about as out of place as we are in this era. Mind if I ask what kind of place your home was?" She said, the elevator opening as if on cue. Phenom and Lachesis stepped inside and turned around to face the door, Phenom's hands behind his back.

Comment

As Bardock followed Lachesis and Phenom through the building he was being quiet as he analyzed his surroundings again. However Bardock's attention was quickly turned to Lachesis as once they entered the elevator, he heard her ask him what his home planet was like. To be honest... that made Bardock think a bit... mostly about his old allies. Other than the look on his face was a rather melancholy one.

"I wouldn't say much about it. Just imagine a planet filled with warriors like me. Many around my power, and just as many of far greater strength than I was. Saiyan's are warriors at heart, and always will be. Even though I'm probably one of the only few left in existence currently. We did have a standard hierarchy. The people of Planet Vegeta were ruled by King Vegeta. However above him was a monster... practically a demon... someone who was far stronger than even our strongest warriors on our planet. This... monster had us under constant watch. Unfortunately for us he must have gotten afraid of the potential power of the entire Saiyan race... and in turn decided to just wipe out all living Saiyan's. I tried to warn the rest of my people, but no one believed me. No one f***ing believed me..." Replied Bardock as the melancholy look on his face began to fade, and began to be replaced by a rather angered one. It was clear that talking about his planet, what it was like, and even what happened to it is a rather sensitive topic.

"I swear if I ever run into that bastard again I'll make him pay... even if it costs me my own damn life."

"Oh... well then. If you're going to help then why don't you start with... uh... geez everything is freaking automated these days that... OH WAIT I KNOW!!! Dave said as he quickly ran back around to his desk and began sifting through all the drawers in his desk before finally finding it. What 'it' was was some kind of form that was filled out with the words "IN CASE OF EMERGENCY"

"Okay here we go! I need you to take this to the Security Office 0-2A and hand this to one of the guys there. They told me not to do anything in situations like now, but I don't have the slightest clue as to why though. So yeah. Take this paper to the Security Office. Also they told me not to read it so I probably wouldn't read it either."

Comment

BGM: EVE OST: Red Glowing Dust https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iKA2wJp97s

Lachesis frowned as Bardock revealed exactly what happened to his planet. It saddened her to hear that his race was too proud to hear his words. It struck an even heavier chord with her to know that his planet was destroyed because of it. She knew the pain of watching a planet die all too well, and she could tell just talking about it was making him upset, so she tried to comfort him the best way she knew how. She threw her arms around him in a great hug as the elevator began to ascend.

"I'm sorry, Bardock." She said, the sadness in her voice more than apparent, "Everyone here knows how you feel."

Within a few moments, the elevator cleared the interior of Heaven, showing a number of towers climbing high above the Atrium.

"Do you see those dark towers, Bardock? Those towers used to house around Five-hundred-thousand Angels, each. Every single darkened window you see is a snuffed out life. All at the hands of one of our own." Phenom said, staring out at the dark cityscape before him.

"There's only about a thousand of us left. There used to be around 10 billion humans on the surface of the Earth." Lachesis added.

Gaspard simply took the documents in his hand, utterly confused by the man whom was supposedly in charge of this settlement. He seemed rather clueless, though.

"Erm... Monsieur... Maybe you can direct me to this security office? I am not from around here, après tout."
                          Last edited by Kilelicus; 05-14-2015, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Finished with her cleaning, Bryn got out of her quarters and noticed that the redhead was reading one of Asimov´s books "He would be amazed at how far robotics had gotten, but there have been many trials for it to be done" she said looking at herself. Runa nodded at that "Yeah, there have been errors, but there have been good improvements, with them" she closed the book and stretched her arms "How about we make a tour through this place?"

The bioroid nodded at that "Sure, let´s hope there is something good around, I´m tired of negativity, some happiness would be nice to have" she said as they got out of the ship and walked around the station

Spoiler:

Comment

As the elevator was going up Bardock began to calm down a bit after taking a few deep breaths. Lachesis's hug though did make him slightly uncomofortable judging by the very faint yet slight blush and uncomfortable expression coming over his rather stern look. Bardock wasn't useful by this type of affection in any shape, way or form. So it isn't surprising as to why her hugging him would make him uncomfortable. However he did try to hide it as the elevator reach a section in which they could see large towers which were eerily dark.

Hearing that there is only a thousand people on this Heaven colony made him feel a little conflicted. I mean he feels sorry for these people, but at the same time he feels like he has it worse... for crying out loud to his knowledge he is one of the only couple Saiyan's left. If not THE last Saiyan in the universe... As such Bardock didn't know how to really respond...

"Only a thousand left? Well I guess compared to me you guys are pretty lucky..." Bardock replied in a rather melancholy tone as he just simply looked at the dark towers in the distance...

As Dave was getting ready to tidy up his office he groaned when he realized that Gaspard was still here.

"Aaaaah... you're still here? It's just outside the building and two building's across from here. Now can you please leave? I need my 'alone' time!" Dave replied as he quite literally went up and pushed Gaspard out of the office before slamming the door shut on him.

"Okay now bye! Now where are those laxatives I had..." Dave yelled from inside the now locked office.

Comment

"This place is too neutral" Bryn commented as they walked around the station, for what she could see, everyone had a job to do and followed orders, it was like a military base, but with some.. humanity. Yet there was still the thing that she also noticed, there was too much formality around here "What would make it even "better" would be that they follow things like a cult"

Runa was also curious about the place, in fact she was counting the people on the station, for such a huge place, it had less inhabitants than she expected "There is too few people too, and what about that dark tower over there? I feel bad just by looking at it" she said pointing at the dark tower. The bioroid glanced at it and could guess what it was thanks to her enhanced view "It has thousands of blackened windows instead of solid walls, and they are too.. small too"

"How about we investigate it? care for making a little shortcut for us?" the redhead asked and the green eyed one nodded taking her portal gun. She aimed it to one of the buildingwalls near the roofs and then fired. The yellow gate appeared on it and then opened as the blue one was fired to a wall close to them "Ready for a jump?" she asked and received her answer as Runa ran towards it and made a big leap into it.

When the engineer appeared on the other gate she saw the actual heigt of the ground bellow her, a normal person would scream of fear, but hers was of excitement as she landed with a roll on the roof of the building she aimed for. She was followed by Bryn who already prepared for the next jump "An interesting way of testing gravity" she was already enjoying this tests

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X