Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcyon Space | Space Station "Heaven" Interior
    BGM: EVE OST: Red Glowing Dust https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iKA2wJp97s

"Lachesis, get off the poor guy. He's a warrior, he's probably uncomfortable." Phenom said as they continued to ascend.

"Uh... Sorry, Bardock." Lachesis said with a slight humph. She retracted her hug and reestablished a more refined posture, as they were drawing very near the Lords.

I hope you dont think we're looking for your sympathy, Bardock" Phenom said, "We're merely trying to empathize with you. Youre absolutely correct. We are extremely lucky. I wonder, however, how long our luck will last..."

The elevator rang out with a rather digital ding, notifying them that they had reached their destination. High above the Atrium was the Lords Lookout.

Lords Lookout
    BGM: XenoGears: One who Bares Fangs At God (Smooth McGroove) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YzHAkgRFZY

Phenom turned back towards the door and stepped out into a wide open room filled with monitors and holographic displays. A voice rang out.

"Enter, Guardian Angel Phenom Ortus and Guardian Angel Lachesis Montgomery." it said

"It appears the Angels have brought a guest with them. Is this the... 'Bardock'... of which your report spoke?" said another.

"To bring him to our Lookout is utterly irresponsible! What were you thinking!?" said a third.

"Now, now, their report clearly states that Bardock is more than capable of destroying planets. I'm sure a space station is nothing to him." said a fourth.

"Besides that, to even bring an outsider to Heaven... the Major must have been very impressed, and trusts him fully. I place my faith in his judgement." said a final voice.

"Yes, sirs, this is Bardock. And you are correct. I trust him completely." Phenom responded.

Lachesis began wandering around as she often did when visiting the Lords. "When are you guys gonna stop playing 'Big Bad Ominous Voices?' I told you we were bringing him with us. Just come out and introduce yourselves!"

A collective sigh could be heard from the back of the room. Lachesis was the only Angel who ever spoke so boldly to the Lords, and was also the only one with no patience for their particular dramatic flair.

"Literally everyone on this station has seen your faces. No use hiding them and acting all scary and junk."

"She's right, I suppose." said the first voice. Following his admittance, shuffling feet could be heard approaching. A few seconds later, five older men appeared, clad in something akin to Military Dress Uniforms. They collectively bowed their heads in greeting to the three.

"These are the leaders of our organization, Bardock." Phenom said, holding out his hand.
    Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
    "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Getting closer to the tower, correction, towers, the bioroid now felt something bad in her stomach "This isn´t right, there is something bad in those towers" she said as they landed to the closest building to the black towers. Runa now could see the blackened windows and had many guesses "They don´t seem like anything close to something industrial, and there is nothing that makes them as a sort of monument, it feels like we are in front of a cemetery"

"Bryn just nodded and then her eyes widened "Wait, if those towers house corpses.." Her mind was already counting the windows if they were in fact coffins. "There are thousands of windows.." Runa was already using the building´s wall to go down followed by the bioroid as she landed and looked for a person until spotting a male "Excuse me, but what houses those towers?" she asked in a friendly manner, but her mind was scared for the possible answer.
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

The Angel looked up at the towers when the girl asked him about the towers.

"Oh, those monoliths... they don't house anything... least not anymore. Those used to be the quarters that housed our military. They're pretty empty nowadays."

Comment

As a response to Phenom's comment about them not asking for any sympathy, Bardock rolled his eyes, this time not saying anything. In fact he was rather quiet for most the entire time remaining in the elevator, only speaking up once the elevator reached it's destination.

"Bout damn time..." Bardock said surprisingly out of context, almost as though the entire conversation inside the elevator just... never happened...

Lords Lookout

As the elevator doors opened Bardock stepped out shortly behind Phenom and Lachesis. The room that they had entered was definitely large, and almost foreboding... especially with all those monitors and holographic displays. Reminds him of most of the communications towers back on his home planet that were used to communicate with Frieza and his army. That fact alone made him a bit more nervous. However the rather ominous voices that began chatting away caught him off guard, but thanks to the broken silence he managed to calm himself back down.

Bardock just sat there and listened as everyone talked about him, how he was an outsider, and how powerful he was depicted as from Phenom's report among the other things they talked about before finally 5 men dressed in Military Dress Uniforms that to Bardock looked rather... odd. Thankfully Bardock didn't really focus on that, instead he just looked at them a little confused, but mostly just curious about this room and these men. "I uh... yeah hi..." Was all that Bardock could muster as he just analyzed the men who didn't look all that special aside from their oddly fancy outfits compared to others he saw in Heaven. Yet they also did have a sense of... authority to them as well.

Comment

Runa visibly relaxed at that "Oh thank you.. and sorry, we were having some guesses about it and were worried if it was a sort of cemetery there" she apologized to Angel and felt a hand on her shoulder. The redhead looked at the bioroid who also was now calm again. "Well, a problem got solved before it even began, right?" she asked and received a faint nod as an answer "now we can go and find our new friends"

"I guess we could go to the center of the station, it looks like where the big guys gather" Bryn suggested and they headed there "It would have been a cataclismic disaster if those towers had bodies inside of them" she said quiet enough just for the redhead to hear "I know, those creatures are fast and adaptive, if they would have managed to get so much genetic material, they would have an enormous advantage" Runa spoke thinking on how far more diverse the hive minded virus would become.
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Alcyon Space | Space Station "Heaven" Interior | Lords Lookout
              BGM: XenoGears: One who Bares Fangs At God (Smooth McGroove) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YzHAkgRFZY

"So let's get on to the debrief, huh? Phen and I have been up forever now, and we're pooped."

"Ah, very well then." The first Lord said. He tapped on a table a few times and a visual display of the Shrine of Seasons and its telemetry appeared in a hologram.

"So this was the Shrine of Seasons, Hmm? Rather impressive architecture, if I do say so myself. I'm sure there were all manner of nasty surprises in store for you, Major?" Said the fourth Lord.

"Correct. As per our report, there was a guardian of sorts in the labyrinth that we traversed. Additionally, there was some sort of alien lifeform that took the body of the small shadow girl that I called 'Nyctores.'" Phenom responded.

"Ah, the umbra that lost her identity. Tragic... Perhaps if we were here before her people were attacked, we could have saved some lives. Shame..." said the second Lord.

"We will look further into these... 'Nihiliods,' Major. In the meantime, however, there's another planet we've been monitoring some strange activity on. We'll be entering its orbit in a few days, and when we arrive, you'll be deployed to investigate. The helmsman has already set course and we'll be on our way as soon as our deployed Angels are retrieved. Since you've had a long day, we'll keep this rather brief and send you on your ways now." The first Lord said, gesturing towards the door. "We'll be in touch with you, Major, as well as you, Captain. Bardock, should we have them accompany you to the Legion Barracks? I'm sure you must be as exhausted as they are after today's events."

Alcyon CY-044 | Colony Government Building

Gaspard simply looked down at the documents in confusion. This had to have been his strangest deployment in his entire career in the organization. He decided it would be best to make his way to the Security office. When he arrived, he knocked on the door and called out. "Hello? My name is Gaspard! I was sent here by your leader with documents!"
              Last edited by Kilelicus; 05-18-2015, 03:45 PM.

Comment

As Phenom had debriefed the details on what happened within the Shrine on Alcyon, Bardock just found himself just... standing there as he quite literally did not have much to contribute as Phenom handled everything perfectly. For a moment Bardock even began to wonder why he came up here in the first place. However before he could do anything at all he found the debriefing over and done with as Phenom and Lachesis made their way back to the elevator. That was also when one of the Lord's had asked him if he was exhausted or not. Upon being asked this Bardock regained his more calm and stern stance as he replied.

"I... no sir. I'd rather like to know if there was a place to well... train?"

Alcyon CY-044 | Colony Government Building

As Gaspard knocked on the door, calling out that the Chief had sent him. The door immediately flung open, with one of the Security Officers standing there in the doorway, standing tall over Gaspard by at least a foot. "The Chief did something stupid again didn't he? Or are you here because of the recent earthquake's? If it's the latter then I'll be honestly surprised." The officer replied as he looked down at Gaspard.

Comment

"I have been wondering something" Runa spoke out of the blue as she and Bryn headed towards the main building "What if the Nihiloids can become independent from each other?" she asked the bioroid. "Imagine if one of them can actually get out of the hive mind"

Bryn thought about it and gave her opinion "It would be difficult and if it happened, the others would try to destroy the deserter, but if it manages to escape, then it would be an interesting asset to get on our side"

Spoiler:

Comment

The second lord held his finger up and responded quickly. "Yes, actually. There's a holodome that you can use. Major Ortus, why don't you show him to it?"

"Understood, sir." Phenom said from the elevator, "Come, Bardock. I'll show you to it."

As Phenom and Lachesis stepped back into the into the elevator, Lachesis leaned up against the glass and looked down at the city below.

Alcyon CY-004 | Security Station

"Erm... well... I'm actually here because of the Earthquake. It shook the entire planet, and my... employers had me sent here to make sure everyone was alright." Gaspard responded, handing the documents Dave gave him earlier to the security officer.

Comment

Alcyon Space | Space Station "Heaven" Interior | Elevator

Bardock nodded to the Lords in thanks for their info. "Thanks for everything." Bardock replied quite earnestly as he turned around and entered the elevator with Phenom and Lachesis. As he entered the elevator he turned to Phenom and Lachesis.

"So what are you two going to be doing after showing me this holodome?" Asked Bardock as he crossed his arms, leaning up against the glass with Lachesis. Though he wasn't facing towards the glass, rather facing Phenom and the door.

The Guard sighed in relief after hearing that it's about the Earthquake's. He was honestly afraid that Dave had done something horrible once again, as indicated by the expression on his face. "Oh thank god. I swear if it was because of something Dave had done I would so make his death look like an accident and blame some faulty wiring or something... I don't even know how that man had managed to become Colony Chief." Replied the guard as he took the paper from Gaspard. "Well anyways thanks for stopping by to check in with things. I'll assure you that everything will be fine and dandy within a few days at most."

Comment

Lachesis sighed slightly and spoke up. "I'm going to take a nice hot bath and go to bed... I haven't slept in my own bed in ninety-thousand years... Oh yeah, did we mention we came here from ninety-thousand years ago? Twenty-one.....Sixty-Seven, if I remember correctly?"

"Twenty-One-Fifty-Six." Phenom corrected.

"Close enough. Anyway, what are you going to do after you show Bardock to the Holodome, Phen?"

"I figured I'd sit in for an hour or so, then go to bed." Phenom responded. The elevator beeped and the door opened, revealing the Atrium once more. Lachesis stepped out and spun on her heel to Phenom and Bardock.

"You boys enjoy yourselves. Phenom, if you come back within the hour, keep me some company in the Commons? I'll have hot cocoa~! I figure I should relax and enjoy the downtime for a bit before going to bed."

Phenom nodded and Lachesis went on her way. The door closed and the elevator continued descending.

"It's about 30 floors below us." Phenom said, in reference to the holodome.

Gaspard nodded and looked around a bit. "Well... I suppose if there's nothing more needed of me..." He placed his fingers against his earpiece, "Jensen? C'est moi. I'm done down here. Would you be so kind as to send me an extraction, S'il vous plaît?"

Comment

"Ninety Thousand Years huh? That's a long time... Anyways later." Bardock said to Lachesis, finding it hard to say anything else really... Either way as the door to the elevator had closed, Bardock looked at Phenom for about a minute before turning away, it was almost like he was going to say something to Phenom but decided against it. Instead he just yawned ever so slightly as the elevator started again. Bardock would continue to remain silent throughout the rest of the elevator ride.

Comment

Phenom noticed Bardock about to say something, but he immediately cut himself off.

"Hmm? What is it?" Phenom asked. "It's a ways to the holodome, so ask what you want."

Comment

Upon hearing that Phenom noticed Bardock's brief glance towards him not even a minute ago, and the fact that Phenom is now asking Bardock what the Saiyan was going ask. At that very moment Bardock's eyes darted around almost nervously as he tried to come up with a question for Phenom.

"I uh... was going to ask about... your coat..." Bardock asked, trying to avoid having to ask his original question.

Comment

Phenom raised his eyebrows at the odd question. "My coat? Like any other coat. Some Kevlar thrown in for extra protection. What about your armor?"

Comment

Working...
                                X