X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underground ruins of Metro Station M7 | Moscow, Russia

Stukov continued his venture through the underground tunnels. There were the dead and the dying that were in the immediate view of Stukov, but he saw no survivors. Perhaps the tunnels are not home of the refugees... or perhaps they are all hiding, afraid of a Zerg being entering their sanctuary. He meant no harm, but he can't really persuade anyone with a get-up he has. He still had the dead girl Hannah; her weight feeling like a feather's with his augmented strength, as he continued traversing the tunnel.

He heard noises coming from the darkness of the tunnel. It sounded like a collapse or something, about a hundred yard or so away. Either it was the tunnel's collapse, which was highly unlikely due to the relative quietness of the noise, or it was someone, or something, rummaging through the ruin for supplies. If it was so, maybe they would know of the dead girl's parents' whereabouts. Renewed with hope, Stukov quickened his pace towards the source of the noise.

Chireiden | Gensokyo

Crossing the luxurious yet empty halls of the palace, Orin guided Koishi to the vast throne chamber. As always, Satori was sitting on the throne, combing a purring cat. Satori looked as melancholic as ever, even though she had a smile on her face. The cat meowed and pounced off towards Orin, which prompted Satori to look up to find Orin and Koishi entering the chamber.

"Satori-sama, Koishi came to visit you!" Orin cheerfully announced. Satori rose from the throne and walked down to stand at Koishi's eye level.

"Welcome back, Koishi." Satori coldly responded. "You being here means that you have finally grasped the understanding of your new power. Yes?"

Yakumo Estate | Gensokyo

"I only found out about this a week ago, like I said." Yukari answered John, almost anticipating a rebuke. "I don't know when... when they began. I couldn't access any document about the origins of their invasion."

Yukari looked nervous, shaky, still anxious, almost as if she was going to have another panic attack. "What do we do, John? I... "we", are hopelessly outnumbered and outpowered against those things."
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Slowly rising, Renamon used the Viperīs scope to see to what Nera felt in front of them, she made a quick look to her partner who only showed one finger telling there was only one living being while shaking her head, that meant that it was a Zerg.

The Digimon looked back at the possible location of whatever was there until she noticed two faint yellow dots in the darkness, from the height they were, it was probably a humanoid, she focused the weapon. It was a male because of the physique, and it was well preserved even though he was infected by the creatures, but something caught her attention, he was carrying a dead girl on his arms.
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Stukov arrived at what he perceived to be the location of the noise to find no one. Strange, he thought, as he looked around for a few seconds. There truly were none around here. What could've caused the noise?

"Perhaps just a collapse." Stukov dismissed his doubt and looked down towards a girl. "Не волнуйтесь, Hannah. I'll find your parents. If not, I'll at least provide a proper burial for you."

Stukov was about to take a step towards the deeper side of the cave until he smelled it. It smelled of meat. Live. Any other zerg unit would have rushed to the source of the smell and ravage the meat out of hunger. But Stukov was no ordinary Zerg. "I know you're around here." Stukov announced so that all three hiders can hear him. "Come out; I am not here to kill."
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Chereiden

Koishi looked nervous. "Uh, well, maybe, but I came here for something else, something important." She twiddled her fingers a little. "Uh, well, Gensokyo's sorta in danger again, and there's a chance it might not live through it."

Koishi seemed stressed, her mind an utter mess of rapid thoughts if Satori were to read it. "I just... I don't want anything to happen to you, to anybody here... " Tears were forming in Koishi's eyes as he wiped her face, keeping them out of her vision. "I don't want to lose anyone. I... I can't lose anyone. I don't know what I would do."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

To say they were surprised was an understatement, but all three of the survivors kept focused on the issue. In the end, only Renamon got on her feet, rifle still aiming at the man "Since you seem to be able to speak like a normal being, then you can understand our cautiousness to you, we can see you are a Zerg as a species, but" she gestured at the girl "Why do you carry that girl?" she asked
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Yakumo Estate | Gensokyo

John's shocked expression remained as he processed what Yukari had said, how she hid this entire disaster for an entire week. John thought about that for what seemed forever, contemplating what they could have done within the span of that single week. They could have stopped this from progressing further if they knew sooner. If Yukari had not hidden the truth from everyone else, they could have at least saved some people, but now it was too late. The entire world was quite possibly barren of life, and in their place were these.. creatures.

It was faint and barely noticeable, but if Yukari paid attention, she could see a set of emotions ever-so-slightly reveal themselves across his face within a single instant; betrayal and anger. After that single, subtle moment, John looked almost emotionless as he stood back up from leaning over, turned around, and began to leave the room.

"I'll figure it out.", John said to Yukari, almost coldly and emotionlessly to her as he left the room.

John wanted to reprimand her for her hiding such a thing from everyone, no, he felt like he was going to yell at her. He felt the need to, but knew that it was the wrong way to go about this. He wanted to at least ask her why she even thought that hiding this was such a good idea at the time, why she felt that need to keep such an important thing a secret when people were dying by the hour. He wanted to know why she couldn't even trust him enough to tell him about it. He knew that asking such questions would only ignite the anger within him, so he felt that the best thing to do was to entirely remove himself from the situation. He may have understood what was going on, but he still needed time to think, to process what was happening, what he was going to do next.

After a few seconds, John was already walking out the door of the house in search of a place where he could remain in solitude.
              Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Chireiden | Gensokyo

The sudden outburst of emotion made Satori stagger back a step. While Orin was fidgeting around, not knowing what to do, Satori remained calm. She knew that the best thing to do is to let Koishi release all of her emotions, THEN comfort her. As Koishi's crying died down a bit, Satori reached out and embraced her sister.

"I am so thankful to have an understanding sister like you." Satori said softly as she let Koishi relax in her embrace. "Thank you, for letting me know of the upcoming danger."

After giving Koishi a warm hug, Satori turned to Orin. "Rin, bring Utsuho. We must hear more about this threat Koishi is talking about."

"Alright!" Orin nodded and quickly paced out of the palace, first in human form then into cat form.

Stukov scanned the surrounding. The fox lady looked like she will attack at any moment of hostility. Which was good, since Stukov wasn't planning on showing any sort of hostility. She asked about the girl in his arms.

"I may appear as Zerg, but I have the heart of a human. I never agreed with the Overmind's plan to overtake this planet; but the Swarm is the only army that are capable of thwarting the greater threat... the hybrids... the Dark and Terrible One." Stukov enigmatically said. "Secretly, I carry off deceased humans to give them proper burial or find their loved ones. I have to do this in secrecy, for the Swarm frown at my action of mercy towards what they consider my enemies. Tell me, have you seen this girl's parents? Do you at least know her?"

Yakumo Estate | Gensokyo

As soon as John left the house, Yukari broke down. She was too stressed out, too anxious, to do anything else but collapse and cry. The end was nigh; and not even her husband would support her.

Yukari cried for another few minutes... but crying and rebuking herself isn't going to get her anywhere. At least some Youkai would be considerate enough to lend their aid, she thought, as she opened a transportation gap. First off, to the Garden of the Sun.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

Clearing - Forest | Gensokyo

After a few minutes of walking, John eventually found himself standing in a clearing in the forest, exactly a place he needed to be right now. He needed to think and did not want to be bothered. After finding an adequate spot on a nearby large rock, John slumped down against it and quietly thought to himself and tried to cool off before he would go back home.

John breathed rather heavily as images of people panicking, running, and being slaughtered raced through his mind. How many people died scared? How many people could they have saved if they had more time? Just how far had the Zerg gotten before Yukari took notice? Also, why did she wait until now to tell anyone? It seemed that she didn't even trust him enough to say something, to try and garner the support of her friends and family. John did at least remember that she personally tried to stop them, but it still didn't change the fact that billions of the Earth's population was now dead. John knew that if he was in his own universe, he wouldn't have acted like he did upon finding out an entire planet's population was killed off, but this was different. Unlike then, he couldn't simply just repress what he felt, especially when this was the only planet they had, their only home. John couldn't help but feel that Yukari jeopardized that home, their home for some silly reason. What did she think would happen if she reached out for help? Did she honestly think that everyone would refuse to help her? Did she honestly think that people would simply abandon her?

That's when John realized his only mistake during the entire conversation. He simply walked away. John almost winced as he realized his actions could have been interpreted as him simply leaving her.

"Dammit...", John quietly sighed as he rested his head back on the rock.

Yes, he still felt angry and betrayed, but he knew that in the end she was only trying to do what she thought was best. He felt it was rather foolish of her to hide it, but there was no time to hold onto anger, no time to let time fix the perceived transgression. The only thing to do now was sit and try to think up of a plan of action.

First, John knew that they would need to gather up a team suitable for fighting against the Zerg. This would require John and Yukari to go around Gensokyo and inform everyone about the current situation outside, how the Zerg could easily invade Gensokyo if allowed to live. If they were lucky, they just might be able to rally enough people to create a powerful fighting force. Then, they would need to garner support from the Kappa for technological support, the Tengu for scouting and combat, and the Oni underground to prepare for a possible invasion.

Second, they would need to scout outside of Gensokyo for any resources that could aid their cause. John already knew the location of Prometheus Labs, so he already had one place in mind to visit. Even if the place was overrun, they could still salvage whatever was left, and if he knew Halsey, she would have kept the technology VERY secure. Of course, the thought of Halsey dying from the onslaught left a sick feeling in his gut, but he simply ignored it for the time being. After all, if Prometheus Labs still stood, then they would have an invaluable ally against the Zerg. John knew they had access to nukes, advanced armor, advanced medicine, and hyper-competent soldiers, and he had a feeling that would prove to be quite important later on. There was also The Inventory. Hopefully they weren't killed off by the Zerg. If they were still standing, then they had access to some of the best equipment that the other video game universes could offer, possibly even access to an entire army of Characters.

Third, they would need to gather intel. This could be done either after they complete phase two, or during, depending on how many people they had access to. This would deal with collecting data on the Zerg, both in researching them on the field and online, searching for weaknesses, and finding out what they were capable of. Also, they would need to find where exactly the "seed" Yukari mentioned was located, if it was still releasing them, and if possible, how to stop it.

Finally, extermination. This would entail the systematic extinction of the Zerg. If done right, they could succeed and hopefully fully reclaim what was left of the planet. Of course, before John could further flesh out this phase of the plan, he would need to know what resources they would have. This would have to be planned later on.

After about fifteen minutes of thinking, John had a plan.
                  Originally posted by S121
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Chireiden | Gensokyo

Within a few minutes, Orin returned with a tall, black-haired girl with impressive breast size and even more impressive wings: Utsuho. As soon as seeing Koishi, Utsuho beamed and rammed into her master's sister. "KOISHIIII"

"Utsuho, let her go. She needs to talk." Satori chuckled, but she too was glad of Utsuho's affectionate response. Finally, the family is back together. "So, Koishi, care to explain about this new threat?"
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Chereiden

Koishi was a little offput by Satori's affection and Utsuho's sudden ramming. She almost got knocked over from the force, but held onto her hat and smiled at Utusho. "It's good to see you, too, Okuu."

Satori's words snapped her mind a little back into focus. "Well, it's big, and very, very bad. They call themselves the Zerg. From what a friend of mine described, essentially an extremely adaptable hivemind of creatures. They take over worlds and such. And... well, other than Gensokyo, they've taken over ours." Koishi paused a little. "They attacked so fast, they took everything so quickly my friends could barely help. I'm scared, big sis. Especially because.... because they hunt after people with psionic powers. Like... like you, and me." Koishi stated, her voice having little stutters.

"But, I have somewhere... somewhere we can go. Everyone, everyone here, in Gensokyo. I just need to spread the word, but I don't know if they'll even listen!" Koishi's worry could be felt throughout the room. "Youkai are so.... so stubborn sometimes."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Thanks to her wisdom, Renamon could see that the human Zerg was speaking with truth "Everyone deserves a second chance" she spoke mostly to herself even though it could be heard by everyone "Sadly we donīt know who were her parents, but there are some human hiding places that we have heard about by some traders who are mostly scavengers"

The digimon lowered the rifle just enough to show that she was giving the man the benefit of the doubt, but still ready for any attack "If you have knowledge about the big heads of the Swarm, that knowledge would be really grateful for us, we are planning of cutting the snakeīs head"

Spoiler:

Comment

"Ah, a bold move." Stukov praised Renamon's determination. Even in these hopeless situations, there are still those that seek opportunity to fend the Swarm off. "The Swarm is like the ancient fabled monster Hydra. Cut off one head, two more arises. It is better to strike at the heart."

Stukov sensed two more beings with the fox lady, still hiding. "Are you three the only ones able to fight?"

Chireiden | Gensokyo

"The older you get, the less sensitive you become of your surroundings." Satori recollected to herself.

"Satori-sama, we should take Koishi's words and hide." Orin suggested. "Wherever she has in mind... if these Zerg creatures are to swarm into Gensokyo..."

"Ah, but you forget, Rin." Satori intervened with a smile. "We are residents of Gensokyo. It is our duty, our obligation, to fight for this land, not to hide. I'm sure the above-ground Youkais agree."

"But, Satori-sama." Utsuho commented. Her voice had a tinge of echo behind it, making her speech sound dominating and alluring. "They seem to be still recovering from what happened four months ago. Do you really think they will cooperate?"

Satori silently pondered, sitting on her throne. If an alien race wiped out everywhere but Gensokyo, the first person to know of this would be that gap Youkai, Yukari. She with her new husband would've began recruiting Youkais of the surface and the underground to once again defend Gensokyo and possibly reclaim Earth... but she did not show up at the doorsteps of Old Hell in the past month. This fact made Satori hesitate a little bit... but it's better to fight and fall than to die lying down.

"Youkais may be stubborn, and they may still be licking their wounds... but their prideful nature will disallow them to back down." Satori expected. "In case they do not participate, we of the Underground will set an example of what true Youkai feats are."

"If you will fight, Satori-sama, so will we." Orin bowed, swearing her fealty to her master.

"Very good." Satori smiled and began giving orders: the usual Satori, strategic and analytic. "Rin, Utsuho, try and recruit as many able-bodied Youkais you can. Rin can start from the underground; contact Yuugi, the Hashihime, and the Tsuchigumo. Utsuho, ask help from the mountain gods. Their help will correlate towards support form the Tengus and the Kappas as well."

As Orin pounced and Utsuho flew out of the chamber to carry out their master's order, Satori turned now to Koishi. She eyed Koishi's third eye: now open and pulsating in a blue-purple hue. "As for you, Koishi... I'm not the one to give orders out to my own sister... but can you contact the gap Youkai... or try at least? Her aid alone will be worth an entire squadron of Youkais."
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

"Indeed it sounds like an hydra, but we can use it as a distraction for the bigger score" Shepard commented getting out of her hiding spot "If I'm right with the rough intel, the Swarm are also a hive based species, they have a sync with their brethen. So if we get their attention by dealing with a hugh rank post, the big guy will focus on that area"

"Divide and conquer" Nera pointed out "We attack different spots that will spread the attention and then deal with the core elenents"

Renamon then.pondered about other allies "I know some who could be of help, but first we need to get to them"

Spoiler:

Comment

Chereiden

Koishi nodded. "Yeah, that's easy peasy. Just... just promise me this, big sis."

Koishi pulled out a device from her hat, looking a little like a key, putting it in Satori's hands and closing it within them. "If things go for the worse, use this on any door. It will open up a way to that safe place I was talking about."

Koishi smiled. "I'll go get her, don't you worry, big sis. But... take care of yourself." Worry creeped into her voice again. "They hunt for people like us, and then they... convert them. Don't let them near. Goodbye for now, sis." Koishi turned, and flew off, heading out of the underground as fast as she could, heading for the general direction she remembered Yukari and John's house was.

Comment

Clearing - Forest | Gensokyo
                                BGM: Blazblue Chronophantasma OST - Explorator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4a9tZ3xng

"Well if it isn't the SPARTAN 117. Or may I call you John? Perhaps you prefer Mr. Yakumo?" Said a voice a short distance within the trees. From out of the forest stepped a tall, slender man wearing an outfit reminiscent of a Film Noir private investigator. Donning black slacks, a white collared shirt with a black tie covered with a black vest as well as a large black overcoat, he completed his outfit with a black, flat-brimmed fedora. He had green hair and a wide smile upon his face despite his seemingly permanently closed eyes. He hardly appeared to be a threat to the SPARTAN, slender as he was.

He clicked his tongue lightly before continuing, "Where are my manners. My name is Hazama, and I would like to speak with you for a short moment, if you would permit!" He said. "Now, I see that your wife has finally informed you of the... for lack of a better phrase... Zerg Rush. Terrible, terrible tragedy, wouldn't you say? Not unlike the Flood, if I do say so myself! I wonder what could possibly keep her from informing you?" Hazama mused with complete (and indiscernibly fake) sincerity.

"I mean... if anyone knows how to deal with a parasitic alien race, I'd say it'd be you!"
                                Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
                                "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Working...
                                X