X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underground ruins of Metro Station M7 | Moscow, Russia

"Then I will help you get there." Stukov announced. He had something in mind... something devious, something not even the Overmind nor the Queen of Blades would detect. "Here's the plan."

"There's an Overlord I used to get here, parked and waiting for me near the Kremlin. It is pretty spaceous; all three of you should fit inside with me. The Overlord will take you to wherever you wish to take me under my command." Stukov explained. "Here's the catch; I cannot be seen entering the Overlord with you; otherwise, the Zerglings of the Swarm will see us and notify the Overmind of my betrayal."

Stukov turned around. The daylight from the hole on the ceiling faintly glimmered in a fair distance: the route from where Stukov came from. "So here's my proposition. Follow me up that hole. Chase after me; pretend like you are trying to hunt me down. This will attract the nearby Zergs to attack you three, but it'll be the easiest and the cleanest way of dodging the prying eyes of the Overmind and the Queen of Blades."

"As for this girl..." Stukov looked down at the dead girl's corpse he's been carrying and gently dropped her on the ground. "Izvinite, Hannah. I rest your body here. May your spirit guide you to heaven."

Chireiden | Gensokyo

Satori looked at Koishi leaving the house to do what was asked to be done, then at the small key Koishi gave her. She mentioned something about using the key on any door to be led to Koishi's little hiding spot... but why would she hide, when her pets... her own sister, would most likely die fighting for Gensokyo?

"I'm sorry, Koishi." Satori said to herself, out of hearing range of her sister. "I cannot promise that."
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Gensokyo

Koishi moved swiftly through the air, the shimmer of the barrier closing in. Where exactly WAS that house? She'd been there once before in her travels, but if Yukari wanted to hide her home, she did it well. Interference from the barrier cloaked it, for the most part. Wasn't there something about a door...?

She lowered herself to ground level, forest canopy covering most things. She moved through it until she came across a interesting sight. A gateway, reminding her a little of the shrines. It had to be it, nobody else but Yukari or the Hakurei Maiden would live this close to the barrier. She stepped through it, and from what it seemed, that gateway led to a quite grand looking oriental house, complete with a garden. Koishi smiled a bit, and skipped along the little path that led to the house. She went up to the front door, and knocked rapidly a few times.

"Uh, miss Yukari? You there, I need to talk to you about something important." Koishi called out, raising her voice a bit.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

The offer was good, too good for the commander´s liking, she didn´t survive the reaper war by just blindly trusting everyone, she was someone who saw the actions to determine the judgement of those around her. "While the offer is great, I still have to get my ship since it will be of great help too." she spoke trying to figure out a way of deciding the best options, that was until certain Lucario made a choice.

"I´ll go with him" Nera decided "I can use my telepathy to warn you two about the situation, Renamon is the fastest of the three and can get both of you to the bunker in no time, and you" she looked at Shepard "Will be able to pilot your ship with not much problem, I also got my aces in the case of things going sour or if our guest´s plan backfires, no offense" she finished while apologizing to the Zerg male.

Renamon closed her eyes following the Pokémon´s logic, but shook her head "She is right on that, but I got a warning to you" her eyes landed on the man "Don´t try to betray us, not even dimensions can hide you from me" she spoke with the rare tone of hers when she was indeed serious
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Stukov chuckled. Unlike some survivors he encountered, these three knew what they were doing. They were cautious, but also adventurous. Not many would choose the latter between dying in the tunnels miserably or taking a shaky chance of survival if the said shaky chance was offered by the Zerg. "I like your spunk. I really do. Not many could mutter fighting words in the presence of a Zerg. Come, стали волк. I will guide you."

Yakumo Estate | Gensokyo

Right before Yukari was about to head to the Garden of the Sun, someone called out for Yukari. Someone with a familiar voice... it wasn't Flandre, as her voice matured over the last few months as she practiced utilizing her newly-earned power... neither was it any of the other childish Youkais. No, wait, this voice was recognizable.

Yukari reached for the door and opened it to find that her guess was correct. Standing in front of her was Koishi, happy as always it seemed. "Hello, Koishi." Yukari greeted the girl. "How can I help you?"
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

Yakumo Estate

"Uh, well, Satori sent me to you... I take it you know about what's happened to the outside world, considering that's sorta your thing. Well, I told my sister about it, Orin and Okuu went to get people to mobilize, and I REALLY hope you're going to help." Koishi spoke a little quickly, twiddling her fingers out of habit.

"It might be our end if you don't, considering we're probably going to be attacked very soon." Koishi added.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

The fox and human kept moving towards the Normandy's location as they left the jackal with the zerg. Jane was in front this time when Renamon spoke "About the Zerg, what similarities have you found they have with the Reapers?"

"They have core elements that make them look the same, hive minded, adapt by absorving hosts, spread like a virus and act as an empire" Shepard answered "I hope they also understimate us in this case, overconfidence cost the Reapers a great deal during the war, even with them being at least twenty times stronger than the turian armada, and those were the strongest military in the galaxy"

"While we don't have quantity, we got quality in our small numbers" the Digimon commented as they started going upwards to the surface "As Nera spoke, we got aces for cases like this" she said feeling a faint pull inside her.

Meanwhile, Nera used her aura to strengthen her senses, she looked at the Zerg male then "So how did you got control of your mind? All the Zerg we have faced are mindless minions, but them being low ranked would be why too" she asked

"The name is Nera by the way, what is your name, sir?"
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

"The name is Alexei Stukov. Pleasure to meet you, Nera." Stukov stopped, turned to face the Lucario, and bowed. Such manner and etiquette, if not for his outward appearance, he was entirely human. "I may appear Infested, and I was, until that dreadful day. To make the long story short, I was taken by an evil scientist, was experimented on, tortured, and worse. Because I am a custom-made Zerg, I hold no affiliation with the Swarm, and therefore I share a mind of my own. The Queen of Blades too has a mind of her own, although she may appear heartless and fierce- ah, here we are."

Stukov and Nera eventually backtracked to find the hole where Stukov came from. Rubble and other doodads made a surprisingly firm slope up to the surface; with a little effort, anyone can climb to see the sunlight again.

"Here we are. Get ready to chase after me. Do not worry about how fast you are; I can run quite well. Make sure to throw out some attacks towards me, but do not actually hit me, for it will hinder my speed." Stukov made a final comment about the plan, and bolted off to the surface in a blur.

Yakumo Estate | Gensokyo

Yukari could almost feel her heart drop as she understood what Koishi just said. Of course, how could Yukari forget; one of the largest organization of Characters, the Inventory, was still online and operational, and Koishi was the head of it. Not only that, Koishi knew about the Zerg invasion, and went to convince her sister and her pets to join the cause, which they did. Looks like there are still some hope in this campaign after all.

"Of course I can help you." Yukari smiled gently: something she was prone to do recently. Usually, Yukari's smirk was sarcastic or enigmatic; never gentle or warm. But recent events made her a happier Youkai. "In fact, I am glad you and your sister took action and came to me. You cannot understand how much this motivates me."
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

"Well then" Nera prepared herself as she noticed some Zerg lurking around "I´m ready for this" the lucario spoke and looked at Alexei "So what can we expect while doing this chase? and how much time do we got before the Swarm try to overrun us?"

On the other side of the area, both Renamon and Shepard were running silently and using the cars and buildings to reach the bunker, it was on another train station´s storage, but it was blocked by wagon´s and special locks. Renamon reached to the ventilation vents she used before and looked at Shepard "How much time we got?" she asked

The commander activated her omnitool "As soon as I deactivate the locks, the ship will receive a kick-start activation, but it will alert many in the vicinity." she said and had her finger at the key."

(You can make the chase post Wriggle, it wouldn´t be necessary for me to make the Lucario´s part, it would be the same, but in different perspective)

Spoiler:

Comment

Yakumo Estate

"I hope it does." Koishi replied. "Tell this stuff to John, too, his help will be needed too. I need to go. I'll try and rally some people in the Inventory too. But, i'll say this." Koishi sucked in a little breath.

"These... things, they take and convert things which think have useful DNA, if you didn't know. Considering Gensokyo's... lineup, if we lose, they might be unstoppable, by anybody. Imagine if they had a bunch of mind reading, boundary manipulating, oni strength creatures on their side, all in one thing." Koishi explained her thoughts. "This is all or nothing. Take that how you will."

Koishi turned, preparing to leave. "I hope you have some tricks up your sleeve." and with that, she set off down the path, heading back to the Inventory to prepare.

Comment

Metro Station M7 | Moscow, Russia

"Zerglings. Roaches. Maybe Hydralisks." Alexei answered, dashing through the city at a solid 40 mph while Nera kept alongside him. Kremlin was far off into the distance, but at this speed the two will get to the Overlord liftoff site in about 5 minutes. "In fact, a Hydralisk at your 2 o'clock; watch out for its' spines: they can probably punch through your skin and out of it as if it was paper."

To Nera's right side, a Hydralisk unburrowed to thwart Nera's advances towards Alexei. In its' mind it probably was just protecting the nearest superior Zerg being... what a horrible fate that awaits him soon.

Yakumo Estate | Gensokyo

Tricks up the sleeves... Yukari thought. Even if Yukari was to recruit every Youkai in Gensokyo agian for the battle, they would be outmatched, especially since the Zerg can infest. It was unknown if Youkais can be inflicted with Zerg hyper-evolutionary virus, but humans certainly can be... and Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya, and the likes... they could potentially be an extremely dangerous Zerg assailants if they were to become infected. This is not even counting the possibility of Youkais being infected by the virus. Something must be done to stop the virus from annihilating the force from inside... but what?

"Looks like I'll forego visiting Yuuka for now." Yukari said to herself as she took a paper and a pencil out of a storage gap and began writing a note. By the time Yukari opened a transport gap and stepped in to head to her destination, the note was placed on the front door of the house, which read:

Dear John:

I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you about the Zerg taking over the world. I was afraid you might overwork yourself like in the invasion, and wanted to try and settle the issue on my own.

I'm heading to Eientei to talk to Eirin about something. If you see this note and I'm not home yet, come to Eientei too.

Love you,
                      Yukari
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Nevada

Hank wiped the blood from his goggles. His clothes, formerly black, were now mostly a quite bright shade of crimson. And he had to say, they smelled something fierce. He pulled his facemask a little tighter than usual. He took the time he had to wipe the blood off of his battleaxe, even though he knew it was completely redundant, considering he likely had to fight more in the imminent future.

He honestly lost track of time since these things invaded. But whatever they were, they came in large numbers and with unadulterated force, and of course it had to be while he was out, too. He moved through the building, picking up a discarded SR-3 from a mauled AAHW Agent. He checked the magazine, finding it full, before slamming it back in, holstering the battleaxe in favor of the high-powered rifle for now.

He moved to the next sliding door, finding it led to the outside. Several more agents, picked apart and decaying geeeted his site, along with a few dead Zerglings. But the main thing that caught his attention was a car, windows shattered, and partially armor plated. He moved towards the card, finding it unlocked, the driver inside speared throrugh the head, key still in the ignition. He pulled the dead body out, shut the door, and started the car, moving off to the distance.

He started the radio, picking up nothing but static and prerecorded messages. He shook his head a little. "Damnit." he muttered under his breath.

A ways later, he saw the spire of a quite large radio tower. Considering the fact that the border of Nevada was likely crawling with the things, a distress message might be the next bet.

The building was quite large. Hank figured it was yet another of the AAHW's bases. Just form the look of it, battle was evident. Dead zerg littered the outside, bullet and claw marks scraping up the side of the building. Hank pulled up, squishing the head of a dead zerg. He opened the car door and closed it quietly, in case there were any people left. He held the SR-3 in a ready position as he entered the first room, finding smashed barricades and dead bodies strewn about. They didn't look caught off guard. He went up to one of the bodies and put a finger on the blood. Still warm. He wiped the finger off, and opend the next door, SR-3 blaring as a Zergling attempted to pounce. THe SR-3's heavy bullets shredded through it.

He moved to the side to avoid the falling body, and lined up sights on two more, another set of bullets puncturing through most of the parts of the Zergling in question. The last tried to skitter swiftly, almost galloping towards him. He dropped the SR-3 and swiveled for a swing with his axe, sending all of his force into the swing, a downward cleave into the creature's head, splitting it in two with a CRACK. He scanned the room for anything else. Nothing of note. He picked up the SR-3 again, checking it's ammo. Five bullets left. Not worth it. He tossed it back to the ground, preferring to pick up a discarded M-416, picking up it's previous owner's filled mags.

The noise he made likely put anything else in the building on alert, and so was Hank. He assumed the controls for the radio tower were likely near the top of the building. He kept this in mind as he breathed in, preparing to move through the next few rooms. If they were on alert, he would have to do this quickly and efficiently. He moved into the next room quickly, metal door sliding open. Three more Zerglings greeting him, ready to pounce. He fired the M-416 in one hand, a rapid spray of bullets impacting two as a sidelong swipefrom his axe sent most of them sprawling to the ground, to be finished off by bullets. He ran into the next room.

The next room had even more, around seven. He continued to spray with the M-416, coutnign his bullets as they fired off in a rapid flurry. Three died by the time the mag was emptied, and the others swarmed. The battleaxe and Hank's body moved with grace and efficiency, dodging blows from their ssharp claws and retorting themwith harsh battleaxe blows, and soon, there was but one person in the room standing. He put the battleaxe on hsi underarm, quickly reloading the M-416, before moving into the next room. Surprisingly, there was no Zerg here, but a single dead agent, and more surprisingly, the radio transmitter. He pushed the dead agent out of the chair he was sitting in and took a seat. The tower was switched off, but turned on with a simple set of flicked switches.

He set the tower's power up as high as he could. "Hello, this is Hank Wimbleton, does anyone respond?" Notihng but static. He quietly cursed. "Repeat, does anyone at all respond?"

Comment

Shield of Aiur

High above the skies, into the exosphere level, a giant ship in the shape of a saucer appeared out of nowhere, as if it was warped to the location. It was an impressive ship in its' size, with a radius of almost 1300 meters. It was equipped with enough firepower to level a planet and eradicate every life on earth, which the ship uses to "purify" a world of evil, mainly the Zerg virus.

Spoiler: Mothership

Within this giant mothership, a crew of humanoid aliens were working on keeping the ship up and running after their recent dimensional warp. These aliens had no mouth and no nose. Most if not all of them were from 2 to 3 meters tall. All of them had glowing set of eyes, digitigrade legs, semi-permeable skin covered in scales, four digits on their hands (of which two are thumbs) and toes, broad chests and shoulders, and narrow waists with slim midsections. One of these aliens suddenly flinched back as the monitor in front of him suddenly showed a message: TRANSMISSION REQUEST.

"Executor Selendis!" The crew member summoned the captain of the ship: a proud-looking alien of female gender who's been supervising the crew. "We are receiving a transmission from unknown source."

"Patch it through." The female alien, Selendis, allowed for the transmission to go through. Immediately, a holographic screen appeared in front of Selendis... however, nothing came of it. Perhaps it was just audio.

"This is Executor Selendis of the Protoss expedition force." Selendis responded to the transmission. "We have received your distress call, but we cannot pinpoint your exact location. What is it that you seek from us?"
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Nevada

Hank was a little caught off guard. So there was... someone. At least that was a good sign.

"I'm surprised to hear anyone, for one. Secondly, if you can possibly provide it, a way out of here. I'm in a building with a large radio tower, I don't know if I can provide exact coordinates, however." Hank explained. "Those... things are all over, though spread. I exterminated all the one's i've seen in this building, but from what i've seen, where there's a few, there's always more. If there's more."

Comment

Clearing - Forest | Gensokyo

As John mulled the plan over in his mind, he was suddenly interrupted by a strange man in a rather dated getup, but not one that was out of the ordinary for a land such as this. Upon hearing them man speak, John leaned forward from his spot against the rock, but didn't stand, simply opting to rest his hand on his pistol as he quickly observed Hazama. From what John could tell, at least from the strange hair color and faint vibes he got from the man, Hazama was possibly one of the many residents of Gensokyo, and judging by how old he appeared, quite possibly an elder Youkai of at least 900 years. John felt a tinge of suspicion when Hazama suddenly began to tell John how he knew about what happened earlier in the Yakumo Household, but took care not to physically show any reaction to what was being said. He assumed that the Youkai was most likely bored and decided to eavesdrop on something nearby.

"You know, it's not polite to be eavesdropping on other people...", John said in a rather firm tone that emphasized every word as he stared up at Hazama, "...Yes. It would have been best to tell me as I have previous experience, but she did not."

Outside The Shard - Ruins of London - London | 4:00 AM

"Get inside, go!", Lily yelled at Chung and Raven as she turned around and fired off a burst of armor piercing machinegun fire from her MA5C, providing cover fire so that Raven and Chung could run inside.

So far, their original group of ten was reduced to three, and in such a rundown city like this, such a small group would not for survive for very long. As Lily fired at the Zerg chasing them, she couldn't help but note the post-apocalyptic landscape, the fires illuminating the dark night sky, and The Creep clinging onto some of the various buildings around them. It was a truly nightmarish sight, but that only made Lily more determined to accomplish the mission hey were tasked with, for it was just one step in a long campaign to retake Earth. She was not going to let herself die here, and neither would she let Chung and Raven do so.
                              Last edited by S121; 07-09-2015, 05:02 PM.
                              Originally posted by S121
                              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                              sigpic

Comment

Moscow, Russia

"Those porcupines? bring them" Nera faced the Zerg and kept moving, letting the creature fold and fire its spines, the lucario kept running towards it, she waited for the last second until she used her counter ability, thanks to her training and overall strength, the spikes just touched her fur before going back at the creature with both double the speed and double the damage they could do.

As soon as she released the locks, a powerful wave of energy flowed around the area, it could have signaled anyone around. The fox pushed the gates with all her might, making the gates almost break their singes. Meanwhile, Shepard ran to the ship and entered the pilot area. She inserted a small data stick on the computer, soon the lights of the Normandy started appearing and the engines getting active.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X