X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outside The Shard - Ruins of London - London

Raven and Chung kept running as Lily continued to fire to hold off the Zerg... and to think that this... Zerg race could be so dangerous and reproduce so quickly.

From the reports they had gotten, this city has been in this state for almost two weeks... Just to think that the Zerg could take down such a city so quickly. This thought had brought back some awfully bad memories to Chung, as flashbacks of his old town of Hamel under the seige of demons started flooding back. They had already lost 7 men in their group, and only now they remain. Which is almost exactly what happened that night when his entire home town was taken over... These memories caused Chung to pause for a minute as he started to get lost in his memories.

"Not without you! I'm not going to risk leaving you behind!!" Raven shouted as he began helping Lily in holding off the oncoming Zerg by spraying a very thick coating of napalm all around the entrance of The Shard in order to at least slow down the Zerg as the trio ran into the building. However as he was doing this he stopped to look at Chung and noticed how Chung was practically frozen in place. Seeing this Raven stopped spraying napalm at the oncoming Zerg, and immediately grabbed Chung by the shoulder. "Chung come on snap out of it! This is no place to be a statue!" Raven yelled as he began shaking Chung. Thankfully that managed to snap Chung out of his trance as the young Hamel Guardian turned to face the Zerg.

"Oh... R-right... sorry..." Chung replied as he then took out a small device from his belt before shoving it into his Destroyer cannon. "Quick! I'm deploying an automatic mortar! It'll hold them off for a few minutes, so once I deploy it start running!" Spoke chung as he then fired the device from his Destroyer and up at the ceiling. Once he did that the automatic mortar went flying out of Chung's cannon before embedding itself in the ceiling of the current floor they were on, and almost immediately the mortar activated and began dropping down explosive rounds down at the Zerg.
    Last edited by SUSTIC; 07-09-2015, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Shield of Aiur

Selendis was mildly confused, for she did not even know which planet the distress call was from. A few seconds of scanning revealed that the man on the other side of the transmission was at Earth.

"Earth... that is Terran territory." Selendis recalled. "Could it be... the Zerg have already extended their grasp here as well?"

"Executor, our Observer drones are detecting numerous Zerg organisms. We must purify the planet." A crew member reported.

"Let us rescue the caller first; then we can discuss the purification." Selendis nodded and turned her attention back to the call. "We shall send you an extraction force to be rescued. The extraction will take several minutes to get to you; defend yourself from the Zerg until then. En Taro Tassadar."

Moscow, Russia

The unfortunate Hydralisk's head had a new hole as the spines that Nera reflected skewered him into a nearby street sign. Impressed Stukov continued running towards the Kremlin, pretending to be running away from the Lucario.

"Multiple Zerglings coming from the front." Stukov warned Nera of incoming waves of units as he leapt, jumping an incredible height and landing on an overhead bridge. Replacing where Stukov was were 4 Zerglings, snarling and sprinting towards the Lucario with their claws slashing the air in front of them.

Outside The Shard - Ruins of London - London

The endless waves of Zerglings were quickly being wiped out by Chung's mortar attack. Some managed to slip out of the attack, but they were too weakened and battered to be a necessary threat as they too died of rapid blood loss.

Their backside wasn't so safe either. A group of Roaches have been secretly chasing the three while burrowed, and when they turned around to counterattack, the Roaches placed themselves in a strategically advanced position and unburrowed: one right next to Raven.
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

Moscow, Russia

Using her bone staff, Nera smacked the first Zergling to the second closest while evading a thirdīs attack "Come on little ones, I have faced creatures that defy physics and time" she spoke jumping back to evade the fourthīs spiked tail. She actually focused on the living onesī movements and ran to them. With a charged Aura sphere, she hurled it point blank to the closest one, its energy either burning or destroying it to pieces, but the sphere kept going to the fourth one who would have both charred pieces of its ally and the aura sphere.

The Normandy was starting to float when some Hydralisks started firing their spikes, some of them did get the ship though. "You do not get to attack my ship pieces of crap" The commander spoke charging the shields as Renamon fired Diamond storms at the Zerg, she was mostly evading the attacks so they could hit each other. When the last Hydralisk was down, the Digimon jumped to the shipīs entrance and quickly locked it. "They are starting to surround the area, any plan?"

The commander just smiled "Hold onto something" she pressed a button and the lower part of the hull opened revealing the Thanix Cannon "Letīs show these guys some fireworks". The Normandy floated upwards, destroying the roof thanks to the shipīs shields. The varying Zerg started attacking it, but received a surprise when the blast started hitting them, evaporating most, if not all of them.
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Moscow, Russia

'She can fight.' Stukov thought, but his relief was quickly silenced as he noticed a Zerg flyer Mutalisk piercing the silence of the sky with its' horrifying screech. It turned the corner of a decrepit skyscraper and swooped down, its' maw aimed at the Lucario. "Mutalisk above you!"

The single Mutalisk wasn't the only flyer in the skies of Moscow. Noticing the Normandy's take-off, an octopus-like armored flyer Corruptor swam across the sky, its' cry ear-deafening. Its' tendrils propelled it forward as it spewed parasitic spores towards the ship.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

Clearing - Forest | Gensokyo
            BGM: Blazblue Chronophantasma OST - Explorator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4a9tZ3xng

"You know, Johnny-boy... Normally I'd completely agree with you! After all, my parents did raise me to be a gentleman. However, my career of choice creates an uncomfortable conflict of morals." Hazama said, his grin changing into something resembling self-disappointment. "You see, I am an intelligence officer. Which forces me to sort of... listen in on conversations in one way or another. Either way, I bet what your wife didn't tell you is how to kill these things, hmm?"

Hazama noticed John's hand resting on his pistol and gestured towards it, his expression taking on a more contemplative form. "Oh, come now. Do I really look that threatening to you? I wouldn't hurt a fly!"
            Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
            "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Nevada

Hank nodded even though he knew the other person couldn't hear it. He was somewhat interested. Zerg, huh. SO that's what these things were called. Hiss focus came back to the transmitter.

"I'll hold off. You need not worry about that. Wimbleton out." Hank shut off the reciever, but kept the tower on. His M-416 was ready for battle, as he wiped more blood off of his axe. He did hope these people had somewhere for him to wash.

He peeked out the door to the previous room. Nothing. Good start. He went back to sit on the chair, holsteirng his weapons on his back and picking up a discarded, slightly bloodied National Geographic, flipping through some of the pages. "I guess Niagra Falls might not be so crowded this time." he made a dark chuckle.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Moscow, Russia

Nera ducked from the mutalisk and felt how the creatureīs tail almost touched her, she kept her bone staff ready for its second attack. It was until it almost reached her when the Lucario smashed the blunt end of the staff on the Mutaliskīs face.

The Normandyīs sensors quickly detected the Corruptorīs tentacles and went backwards as fast as it could, Shepard had the vesselīs weaponry already aiming to the Zerg as she maneuvered her ship and fired at the Corruptor
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

John raised an eyebrow at Hazama claiming he wouldn't hurt a fly, but otherwise showed little emotion. John doubted that Hazama was harmless, and if he was right about him being an elder Youkai, then the man would be quite the threat. Granted, he did say that he was an intelligence officer, and last John remembered, there were very few people in Gensokyo that would likely hire an intelligence officer. Was this man actually a Youkai like John had assumed, or was he another Character?

"In this line of work, it's unwise to let down your guard.", John said to Hazama, this time in a slightly less threatening but otherwise neutral tone, never taking his hand away from his gun.

John simply stared at the man for three seconds after speaking, but it felt closer to a minute for John, allowing him enough time to chose his next questions carefully. If John's previous assumptions were right, then this man was here to either start a fight, was here for his own entertainment, or was on business, hopefully the last option. Of course, if John was wrong, then he was dealing with a Character, meaning he wouldn't have much knowledge on Hazama. For all John knew, if Hazama was actually a Character, he could be either as strong as a normal human, or strong enough to send him through a nearby tree. Either way, John thought that the best course of action was simply to sit and wait to see what happened while also keeping a healthy amount of caution.

"No, she did not tell me how to kill them because I left soon after being told about what happened. I assume you already knew that though.", John said to Hazama before continuing, this time asking some questions with a tone of slight curiosity, "So, what brings an intelligence officer to Gensokyo? Self employed, or from an organization?"

Basement - Abandoned Radio Station - Santa Cruz - California
                  (BGM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFAuXTrLvv8)

As Isaac walked through the darkened halls of the basement, he could have sworn that he saw something skitter behind a chair next to a desk from the corner of his eye, so he quickly took aim and picked the chair up with his Kinesis Module. There was nothing there, so he decided to then lift the desk beneath it, but saw much of the same. Isaac shook his head and sighed in slight frustration when he realized that he was hallucinating again. Ever since this invasion happened, Isaac's sanity had been fraying at the seams, little by little. He didn't know how much more he could endure against the monsters outside and the hallucinations inside his head, but he hoped that he would soon be saved. Once the radio tower was ready, all Isaac would have to do was wait for a response. With that in mind, Isaac continued onward towards the radio station's backup generator.

After about four minutes, Isaac had reached the generator room and quickly got to work. The sooner he could activate the generator, the sooner he could restore power to the station.
                  Originally posted by S121
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Moscow, Russia

The Mutalisk screeched in pain as it collapsed on the ground. However, it quickly took flight once again and fled to the skies. It seemed like an easy victory until Stukov hopped down from the overhead bridge.

"We mustn't dally any longer. That Mutalisk is most likely trying to gather up its' allies to swarm you." Stukov interrupted Nera's short moment of victory. "I can see my Overlord in the distance; we are close. Come, let us pick up the pace."

Shield of Aiur

"Prepare a shuttle and a squadron of our starfighters." Selendis ordered. The crews went to work as pilots entered their respective spacecrafts and took off, accompanying a transport ship that gleamed in a hue of gold and blue. "Point out the caller's exact location."

"Planet Earth, the location seems to be an arid land of sorts, Executor."

"Ready our men into the warp pods. We can not let the caller be taken by the Zerg." Selendis commanded with unwavering determination. "If his position is being overwhelmed, we will intervene directly. Forward."

Nevada

The barren lands of Nevada provided very little humans to hunt down for the Zerg. That is why when a lone Zergling sniffed the smell of a survivor in one of the radio tower, it alerted the entire Swarm in the area. Within minutes, an army of Zerg, from fast skirmishing Zerglings to armored Roaches and more, would gather near the radio tower.
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

The Shard - Ruins of London - London

As Chung's mortar was deployed Raven immediately turned and tried to continue running, but was stopped as he saw a Zerg Roach emerge from the ground. Seeing this Raven cursed as he quickly ignited his Nasod Fist.
                      "Dammit! Get out of my way you piece of SHIT!" Raven yelled as he quickly punched the ground right in-front of the Roach, and as he did rather large fiery shockwave from his Nasod Arm. Of which the the fire from the shockwave began to burn through Raven's clothing before creating a small explosion to take out the Roach.

The ring of fire from Raven's Nasod Arm explosion should be enough to at least stun nearby Zerg for enough time to allow Lily, Chung, and himself able to escape.

"Lily, Chung! We need to run now!" Raven said as he Chung nodded in agreement as his mortar stopped firing as it had ran out of ammunition. Raven then took out a three spare grenades he had left from his belt and tossed them onto the ground around him before took off running after Chung who is now heading to the nearest stairwell. The grenades Raven left will explode into a fiery inferno within the next minute.

Comment

Moscow, Russia

"Now that is something you can tell to your friends that they wonīt believe" Nera spoke following Alexei "It will be the second being I will probably get inside, I only hope it accidentally doesnīt try to start a digestive process while inside" she couldnīt help but chuckle with the memory of one of her adventures with the fox. The Lucarioīs aura at the moment was ok and so her sync with her mate showed that nothing was going badly, although that the fox was actually dealing with what the commander ordered her to keep the ship stable while flying backwards and firing to the Corrupter.

Spoiler:

Comment

BGM: Blazblue Chronophantasma OST - Explorator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4a9tZ3xng

"I guess you could say I'm self-employed. Kind of like... an information broker!" Hazama said, his expression turning to inspiration. "However, it would appear that, with the zerg rush forcing the metaphorical end of the world... Most of my clients are kind of dead. As you can imagine, that's not good for business."

Hazama shrugged and continued, "But don't think that means that I'm giving away information for free now! Oh, no no. Rather, I'm collecting unique artifacts now, since money isn't all that useful in a Zerg world..."
                          Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
                          "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Nevada

Hank put down the magazine as he felt something. It was a very small shaking, barely percepetible, but seemingly... unnatural. He moved through the building, looking out the front door. Something was coming over the horizon. Hank couldn't tell what it was, but he needed to prepare. Hank went back inside and sealed the metal door tight, pushing a table in front of it. Then, he moved through the building, picking up various weapons he could find and putting them in a dissorganized pile. A side door stuck out to him in the room. Had it been there before?

He opened it, revealing another empty room. THere was a booth off to the side, however, a sign above reading "Quartermaster".A slight tilt of his head as he moved towards it, entering through the booth's window. Inside was several military grade weapons, though two stuck out to him most. An old weapon, though well kept. A Bren gun. He left it for a moment as he picked up the other weapon of note, an M203 Grenade Launcher. He put it on his back, dropping his M-416 and it's clips in favor of the Bren.

He moved back to the front room, setting up the Bren's bipod towards the door, as he waited patiently as the rumbling grew only more and more noticeable.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Moscow, Russia

"There she is." Stukov pointed at the Kremlin that came to view. Surprisingly, the fortified complex at the heart of Moscow wasn't very damaged. There were some oddly peaceful-looking Zerglings basking in the sun next to the giant Overlord hovering above ground. "Can you ask your other allies to decide a rendezvous point?"

Unlike the Mutalisks, Corruptors were heavily armored; the disruptor torpedoes from Commander Shepard's Normandy starship were damaging the assailant but wasn't enough to immobilize it. The Corruptor grew closer and closer, attempting to snap one of its' wings, but the last volley of the torpedoes took down the giant squid-like flyer.

Nevada

One living in Nevada would see a dust cloud forming on the horizon. This was not caused by the wind, no. It was caused by the sheer number of Zerg units running towards the radio tower where a human survivor was hiding in. The number of Zerglings were countless; with couple of Banelings, Roaches, and Hydralisks sprinkled into the army.

The first Zergling that reached the tower slammed itself against the boarded front door, expecting to bust through it but instead being countered by the table behind it. A few more Zerglings committed into breaking through the front door, but they were not successful.
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Nevada

Hank had to say, if the AAHW did anything well, it was their good building contruction. Every door was made of heavy metal, sliding up when needed instead of using hinges. A good, industrial mortar and concrete held the building up against a lot of things, but Hank knew that even this contruction wouldn't last. He assembled the pile of guns in a way as so he could easily pick one up and use it when he needed it, and he aimed the Bren at the door, preparing for it to be breached, as he could see the metal slightly bending, a bulge forming with the pounding. He checked his clips one last time. Three for the Bren, five grenades. He hoped his supposed rescuers would arrive in due time.

Comment

Working...
                                X