X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shield of Aiur

Hank evaded the acid deftly as he swiveled, it being far slower than the bullets he was used to. More gunk came as he weaved closer and closer. Their armor was tough, taking Bren rounds like nothing as he remembered. The face, however...

Hank somewhat slid close to one of the Roaches, it's claws coming down in a one-two pattern in retaliation as Hank moved left and right to dodge. The thermal lance swung, lodging itself half-way through the creature's upper jaw and skull. It squealed and wailed in pain, vomiting out acid all over the floor and a little bit onto his clothes, sizzling some of his coat, revealing the bandages underneath. Regardless, he pulled it outand swiped again, cleaving fully through it's head as it fell to the floor with a thump. The others had turned at this point, firing their acid. Hank hid behind the body as a shield, moving around and circling.

The second roach had not expected this, as the lance entered one half of it's eyeballs, forcing it's sharp point on top through most of it's skull and brain. It as well dropped, not even able to emit the wail. One more. Instead of going around, he climbed the Roach, using the spikes on it's back as leverage. He leapt, lance plunging downward, cutting cleanly through the head of the third. There was again but one.

"Nasty. That all?" Hank called once more.
    Last edited by Koishi; 08-04-2015, 12:13 PM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Eientei | Gensokyo

John glanced at Eirin, who was missing an arm and felt a tinge of regret over her injuries. It was rather tragic how Eirin was permanently injured during the Devourer War, how it would probably take forever for her to regain what was lost to her. At the very least, she somehow managed to maintain her livelihood.

"Ran has sleep problems?", John asked Eirin in slight curiosity.

Before he could get his question answered though, he heard Yukari's voice echo from beyond the door.

"...anyone in theeeeere?"

Just then, John snapped his attention over to the open doorway as Shepard entered the room and spoke to the others. The only thing John could do was turn to gaze at Eirin, who was still barely clothed, then at the stranger in the doorway as he thought about how his current situation could be misinterpreted by Yukari, this strange woman, and anyone else that was with them. The only thing he could do was remain silent and wait for everyone else to enter the room.

Santa Cruz, California

Isaac sharply inhaled when he heard the loud screeching of the Zerglings behind him. He did not know why they were screeching, but he had a good idea what was going to happen next. Without hesitating, Isaac quickly pulled out the gun he had gotten from the dead man earlier and firmly gripped it in his hands as he ran, ready to blow away any of the monstrous creatures that would come after him.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Shield of Aiur

Talaras made a vexing smile; if Protoss could make a smiling face. "There are always more Zerg I can summon. However I think only one more simulation will suffice."

Unburrowing in front of Hank was a rather beast of great stature. The monster was quadrupedal, each leg the size of tree trunks. It brandished four scissor blades ready to slice open anything in its' path, as well as a very large head covered with hardened carapace. It was as big as two houses stacked on top of each other as it bellowed a huge roar that caused shockwaves.

Eientei | Gensokyo

"Heeeey what's going o-" Yukari quickly followed Shepard to find a rather scandalous scene. Eirin was in next to nothing, with John, in her office. She went livid.

"WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT TO SEDUCE MY HUSBAND!" Yukari screamed in a fearsome and, if you knew the context, quite an adorable fit of rage as she stormed into the office and glared menacingly at Eirin, not paying attention to John at all. "Explain to me that, Eirin."

"I- it was just a misunderstanding, Yukari." Eirin fidgeted. She didn't have the fighting force to thwart herself against any sort of aggression Yukari would make. "I swear- I'd never try to whisk him away from you. I'm not Yuuka."

"Then why the hell are you flaunting around in your underwear?" Yukari made a valid point. "Aren't they the one I bought from that one outside world underwear store because Human Village won't sell one that fits for you?"

Eirin stopped, blushing. She hated to admit it but, Yukari was right, to an extent. Eirin WAS trying to seduce someone with her attire, or lack thereof. She was feeling quite... lonely, as per most of the Youkais in Gensokyo. They were all jealous of Yukari and her happy marriage. "O... okay, so maybe I was trying to seduce someone."

"I KNEW IT!" Yukari bellowed a triumphant roar.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Eientei | Gensokyo

John observed the scene unfolding before him, and the only thing he could to was look down and put one of his hands over his face and make a small sigh.

(Yep. I knew that would happen...), John thought to himself as he removed his hand from his head and looked back at Yukari and Eirin.

"Hey. Let's all try to keep focused here and relax. There's no certainty that she was trying to.. 'steal me away'.. or something...", John said to Yukari and Eirin, slightly trailing off at the end. John was not going to lie, this was more than a little awkward, having to deal with a situation he was not familiar with, "There could be a chance that the attire may have been for somebody else."
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Eientei | Gensokyo

As the beast duo got to the room, Nera was getting adapted to the smell, but still, it was harder to breathe than normal. Even though the scenario could be odd for anyone to see the medic lunarian and the spartan, the furred ones didn't react that much "Our theory was right, Eirin has been working for too long recently" Renamon commented smellun the different scents.

It wasn't surprising that the gap control reacted like that, but things were too serious to lose the track, it was Nera who spoke in a serious tone "We can keep going with how romance in Gensokyo is next to nothing, but we got a big ass invasion that already infected most of the planet so Eirin" she looked at the silver haired woman "Could you tell us where is Kaguya?" then she looked at the chief "We need your knowledge of the flood John, these guys are similar to your universe's infection" finally she looked at Shepard who walked forward.

The commander was already making ideas on what she got "We can get good strategies from the chief while the lunarian weaponry and possibly their war assets could be of great power, Yukari" she looked at the gap controller "In the case of a nuclear option how big and powerful your gaps can be opened, but without killing yourself in the process?"
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Shield of Aiur

Hank whistled. "A bit larger than I expected."

Hank ha fought large foes before. MAG Agents being the most notable of which, but this? This was quite a bit larger. One of the beast's blade-arms swung sideways towards him. With a great leap Hank evaded it, landing on the rough, chitinous arm. It swung the arm around, more and more, trying to shake the man off, but Hank's grip was stronger. He holstered the lance, climbing up the arm with both hands as the creature bellowed and roared in anger.

Eventually, he found his way on it's back, spikes serving as ample handholds and he traversed the creature. It's armor was hard, he could figure that much. He tried stabbing it with the Psionic Blade, to no avail. He kept climbing, up to it's many-layered head. Hank saw something, a difference in tones between the layers. Small pockets of flesh. Well, small to the scale of the creature, that is. An idea popped into his head, something so stupid and idiotic that it might just work considering his limited arsenal.

He pulled out the lance, extending it,, and slid down the layer, stabbing the creature deep into it's flesh. It emitted a primal screech of anger and pain. He kept going. Instead of stabbing, he was seemingly... digging into the flesh, carving into it until he was fully inside the creature. The wails worsened, and speed of his lance increased. He dug and dug, carving flesh apart with the lance and gauntleted blade, until he hit bone, more notably spine. He rose his blade up, and thrust it down with all his might, wedging the blade between the vertebrae of it's spine. A final, wailing shreik emitted from it before it collapsed, having lost control of most of it's body. It was still alive, yes, but completely and utterly incapacitated.

As the wailing died down, he climbed out of the fleshy pit in which he dug, climbing atop the chitinous plates that made up most of it's body.

"They actually get this big?" Hank asked. "Plow through almost anything if you can't dodge. It's not dead, but it's close enough. That bone is too tough. Muscles aren't, though."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Shield of Aiur

"Excellent observation." Talaras praised. "Many times, we have to incapacitate the Ultralisk to make it immobile while our artillery blasts their helpless body away. Your sense of battle is impeccable. I think that's good enough for now."

Talaras ended the simulations. Hank would now realize that he was actually in a rather small booth: too small to fit an Ultralisk inside.

"How'd you like the weapon?" Talaras curiously asked.

Eientei | Gensokyo

Yukari quickly a shot a look at John that said "We're going to bang tonight okay?" and then turned to Shepard.

"It really depends on how much energy I can get at a time." Yukari vaguely answered. "I can't give you a specific example of how large of a gap I can create, but know that there hasn't been any time where someone overestimated my power."

In the meantime, Eirin was too busy blushing at the sight of John to realize she was asked a question.

"Oh, sorry! I thought no one was talking to me." Eirin fidgeted a few seconds after Nera asked her the whereabouts of Kaguya. "The princess... she's most likely in her bedroom. However, if you wish to speak to her, do not expect her to make any... coherence in what she's talking about."
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

Shield of Aiur

Hank nodded, exiting the room and picking up his weapons before replying.

"Flexible, versatile, deadly. I can see why many of your Protoss prefer it." Hank replied. "All of these weapons you've shown are of higher quality then i'm used to down in Nevada. Higher tech, more stopping power. Don't even need to reload the rifle."

Comment

Eientei | Gensokyo

John simply gave a light sigh at the whole situation before turning to answer Nera's question, but stopped when Yukari shot him a rather.. suggestive glance, to which John simply gave a silent, almost invisible chuckle. From what he could tell, Yukari might have already been over their confrontation before. Of course, he would still have to talk to her about what happened earlier, both about why he just left and about her keeping secrets. He still felt a little upset about the fact that she hid something so important from him, but he knew that there was little point in lingering onto the past. After pausing for a split second, John looked over to Nera and spoke.

"Good to see I was the last person to know", John dryly remarked before answering her question, "I don't know if my knowledge of Flood will help us here. These are different creatures and should not be expected to act like a similar infestation. We need to observe them first, then look for possible countermeasures. At the very least, the Flood have taught me how to deal with hordes, but we'll need to learn about their anatomies to understand how to kill them.", John said to Nera.
                    Last edited by S121; 08-16-2015, 07:08 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Eientei | Gensokyo

Since this was her line of work, Jane explained to the spartan "The Zerg have a hive mind with their species breeded to have specific tasks. The lowlest soldiers are just cannon fodder and scouts and slowly the ranks go up with their lethality, from trappers with firing spikes to flying organic vessels."

The commander then looked outside, where the Normandy was already floating on a safe distance "They have high ranked Zerg, but we have no knowledge about them since the data of their universe was wiped out. One possible asset is on my ship, but he is still on probation for the moment"
                      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Shield of Aiur

"Unfortunately I cannot grant you permission to use those weapons outside of this Citadel of Adun unless Executor Selendis or other Executor-level Protoss Templars approves of your trustworthiness." Talaras regrettably commented as she took the spear from Hank. "However, you may peruse the facility and test other weapons as much as you'd like. I'm sure other Protoss cadets are willing to aid you in your sparring."
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Shield of Aiur

"Of course. I would find it quite... questionable otherwise. People running around with weapons that could get themselves or others killed with the wrong move without trust or otherwise is horribly flawed. You don't give a child an RPG and expect the world to go right." Hank replied. "Regardless, I think i'm done here anyways. I need to speak to that Selendis fellow on other matters if they're not busy. Enough time should've passed."

Hank moved back towards the exit. "It was a pleasure to meet you, Talaras. Maybe we'll meet again, someday."

With that, Hank turned to leave, the pitter-patter of footsteps being a final wave goodbye.

Comment

Eientei | Gensokyo

John quietly thought for a moment about the Zergs' various breed specializations. Now that he had at least an inkling of information about them, he could see that they seemed to at least be organized in a similar manner to the Flood, only a little more specific than his former adversary. Of course with the destruction of the internet, there was now no readily available information about them.. except for the man the armored woman had talked about. At least they had a lead.

With that in mind, John looked over to the red-haired woman and spoke once more.

"Let's speak with the informant you brought,", John said to Jane before pausing to consider that he did not know this woman's name,"What name should I address you with?"
                            sigpic

Comment

Eientei | Gensokyo

"So far the Zerg are still scouting the underground zones, that is how the possible asset found us, but then again, these creatures looked that they arenīt all into the dungeon crawling, they mostly were focused on air and surface combat" the commander continued and then answered to the spartan "The name is Jane Shepard, commander of the Normandy, and the guy up there wouldnīt mind being talked with." she said with an almost casual tone

Yet the redhead got serious "A warning though, Alexei is already one with the Zerg parasite, yet has the mental strength to keep his humanity, so please donīt shoot him the moment you see him"

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X