Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

super short post for sus and kristia

Pine Grove | Bone Dragon Fortress

When Saru busted into the door, he would find himself inside a small bar area. There was a non hostle skeleton behind the bar serving drinks and food upon request and the fox Nera had already been sitting there with a pitcher of water and seemed to just be waiting. The spikes from the wall retracted as it closed in against the door, trapping them both inside. It seemed Vordread was trying to contain them in one location. It would be possible to escape but it wouldn't be easy. The skeleton turned to look at the monkey boy as he popped in. Greetings stranger. Can I get you anything?"

Comment

The moment Saru burst through the door and into the... strangely more peaceful room, the young Apex stood up and dusted himself off before taking a glance at the entirety of the room with a look of... confusion as his eyes scanned the area. It was clear that he was unsure of what was going on in here... other than the fact that the skeleton seemed to be serving drinks to the one he saw before... Whom had a pitcher of water. It seemed as if she was waiting for something. Upon the wall slamming the door closed behind him, he jumped and looked back before turning to the skeleton bartender who asked him what he'd like...

Upon being asked this Saru just cautiously looked at him as he straightened his posture... before replying.

"... You serve coconut milk...?"

Comment

Pine Grove | Chronomacer's Tower

Azeruk quietly stood there as he continued to gather magical energy, and as he did so, it seemed as if the area around him was getting dimmer and dimmer, signifying that a time bubble was beginning to form around him. Seki may have been powerful, but Azeruk had all the time in the world to kill her. It was then when Azeruk felt a hand upon his arm, and in response he barely turned his head to look at the owner of the hand, Zena. She appeared to be quite injured and tired, definitely not in any condition to be fighting right now. Azeruk may have been angry enough to fight Seki, but Zena was the one thing that kept him mindful of current circumstances, those being that he was fighting a vampire, he was a chronomage, and he did have to leave. Of course, he wouldn't do so until getting back at her just a little.

"Zena, can you fire off even a small amount of magic at her? It doesn't even need to be potent, as long as you send it after her. I have a plan that will get us out of here.", Azeruk whispered to Zena as he continued to stare down Seki.

Outskirts of Tenma's Court | Quill Jungle

Takeshi looked rather unamused by the man's rather erratic behavior, as evidenced by his rather cool demeanor, and if this man was truly an assassin, then perhaps it would be better to nip this problem in the bud and end him before any potential danger befell either Kazeane or The Tenma. This man believed himself to be remarkable, and perhaps he was by human standards, but he would be no match for a highly experienced Yaju. This man begged for a fight, but even the man had to know that announcing that he was an assassin while inside the village's borders was enough to put a rather large target on his back. Takeshi was not willing to risk The Tenma or his daughter's safety, so Takeshi stood up from his perch and pulled out his scimitars.

"You do realize that you are stating you're an assassin with the intent to fight within the village's borders, correct? I would not normally entertain such requests when they are fueled by madness, but as the circumstances stand, you must be stopped. You will get your fight, but you will find that it will be more than you bargained for.", Takeshi said to Draven.

It was then when Takeshi carefully studied the man, noticing his skill with his rather exotic choice of weapons. Such a proficiency would take time to master, and because of that, Takeshi already knew how to handle the man.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Draven laughed excitedly as he surprisingly sheathed his blades.

"Fight? Oh no not a fight. Just a little game. Draven will also bet something in his possession, while you bet something of yours. The game? Well you can think of it. For Draven may be an assassin, but he isn't going to kill someone he wasn't hired to kill... Well... maybe. But cuz I like ya, we'll just do a game. A wager." Draven said as he took out a red ruby from his pocket. It perfectly fit in his palm. "I'll be this beauty right here. Got it on my last little job. Though the great Draaaven does not need such jewelry. I'd prefer actual cash money. Not Jewel's. You can put whatever you want up. I just want a good time!"

Comment

Seki may have been a good distance away from the others but she could still hear everything they said. She didn't know what the time mage was planning, but she had very little intention of allowing it to happen. She put a simple ward around her body. Something that could ward off magical damage but not much else. Azeruk and Zena probably wouldn't be able to see this since she was doing it in the shade as opposed to being directly in any sort of light.

Zena had no idea what the armored man was planning. She didn't know his name or even what he looked like under the armor, but he had already helped her a great deal. If not for him she wouldn't' even be able to walk right now and the rest of them may have been killed before they could have made it out of the tower. When she took everything into consideration, she felt she could trust him. "Alright... I don't have much left in me but... You better have plan, whoever you are."

Zena raised one hand and aimed it at the vampire. She struggled to hold the arm straight. She was already carrying a full grown man on her back and for somereason her own body felt heavier than usual. She was sure she hadn't' gained any weight, she must have overused her healing magic. It took her a few seconds longer than it should have to charge an attack capable of at least reaching the target. Zena seemed out of breath from just doing this much. "Here it goes." she mumbled as she launched a rather weak light projectile at the vampire. She could only hope the chronometer would be able to keep them both alive.

Comment

(This post won't affect Katrix's post)

The yaju was still juggling the sphere of water around her paw until she heard Saru coming into the room "Looks like you also met with the welcoming party" she greeted the apex and offered her glass of clean water "If you wish to wait with me, I'll meet this Nechromancer and hopefully have a calm conversation with her" she explained.
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Ewlyin was completely silent when she heard that Chronux had been killed. "Ewlyin, we can mourn later, right now we need to be here in the moment" Lucaia said trying to snap Ewlyin out of it. It wasn't before the necromancer revealed herself as a vampire that Ewlyin said another word. "Right, so this is the one that killed him. I'll make sure to avenge his death" she said, now with much more determination. As she said that she also put up two time spherical time field shells around the necromancer which would let her much easier control the flow of time on those areas. None of them did anything yet however as she recognized that the other time mage also had a plan of some sort. "Lucaia, find anything useful about Vampires in the Mindscape. Ask people like vampire slayers, adventurers and just people who have interacted with a vampire in general" Ewlyin said to Lucaia, hoping to find something to give them an edge. "Right, before that though. Reality Shift: All seeing eye" Lucaia said, as she then commanded reality of their world to blend with the reality of her own world.

A stream of glowing yellow shot out from Lucaia, except that it wasn't a stream in the traditional sense, and it wasn't really just a normal yellow either. It was more akin to extra space flowing out of Lucaia and blending into the space that was already there. The color just came from how the Mindscape looked. Soon after the yellow space had engulfed all of the dragon, but it had also engulfed the vampire. Never hurt to know a bit extra about the enemy. "Let's see that we have here. The vampire is powerful, really powerful. Be careful, oh and she has some kind of ward up. As for the dragon, lots of skeletons around. I see a book, dark and old, but also magical and bursting with energy. There two prominent skeletons, but one of them seems to already have been defeated. The other one is on a dark room. There is also a... sort of bar in there, one skeleton which seems to be friendly, a apex, and a fox yaju which I swear I've seen before. Most of them seems to be waiting, both living and dead" Lucaia said, as she prowled through the space that she had created. Once she was done the yellow space dissipated and then disappeared. While she tried to warn about the ward around the necromancer, she was too late to do anything about it.
                Born in the light.
                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                Keep Fighting.
                –Don't Forget.
                Always, somewhere,
                someone is fighting for you.
                –As long as you remember her,
                you are not alone.

Comment

Before Zena's attack fired, Azeruk could hear what Lucaia said and took it into consideration, although they would not be able to help the people in the tower. For now, Azeruk had to execute his plan. As Zena's projectile soared for Seki, Azeruk charged up as much magic as he could and readied it for what he had to do next. As soon as the puny attack hit Seki, Azeruk put his plan into action and released the time distortion he was causing, unleashing all of the sunlight he had gathered while he was staring down Seki in a blinding flash of light. Immediately after that, Azeruk stomped his foot on the ground and time froze around Zena, Lucaia, and himself.

"Come on, we don't have a lot of time so let's get out of here before we're blinded too.", Azeruk said to Zena as he looked over to the elf girl. Based on his tone, he seemed a little reluctant to leave Seki, but he had a "present" for her anyway.

Takeshi was rather suspicious of the man's game, but did not show it on his face. He did not know if it was some kind of trick, but there was only one way to find out.

"Before we make a wager, we must first know the game.", Takeshi said to Draven.
                  Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 03-28-2016, 10:12 AM. Reason: you put forst instead of first so i fixed it for you
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

The magic projectile Zena used had no effect on the vampire whatsoever. As expected her ward had blocked it out. However the sudden flash bang o sunlight was another story. The vampire braced herself after it hit. While it wasn't' enough ti kill her it blinded her for the moment and burnt quite a bit Before she had a chance to react further, time was frozen around Azeruk and the others to give them enough time to flee.

Zena unfortunately wasn't doing so well. Her legs were shaking like noodles under the weight of the man she was carrying on her back. She was able to hold him up perfectly fine a moment ago but now she had reached her limit. Her knees came together and she sat on her feet as her legs gave way. Her breathing was heavy and fast. It looked like she could collapse at any moment. "Please huf puf take him and leave. I'll catch up when I catch m..." her mouth was forced shut, she wanted to tell them to go on without her and that she would be able to catch up to them once she caught her breath. But she was unable to lie to them, even if it were for a noble cause.

The skeleton pulled out two fresh coconuts from the bar.He left one be while taking the other and cutting off the top part of it with a rather sharp blade the he seemed to pull from thin air. This tuned the coconut into a small cup that was ready to be used.
                    Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 03-28-2016, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Aion was thinking well ahead of everyone else. While everyone was distracted, he had gone back once again to Achlys's wagon and was now driving it over to the group, arriving right when Azeruk unleashed his magic. As if he had rehearsed the whole situation, he jumped down while the wagon was still moving, ran over to Zena, grabbed the man she had been carrying before he grabbed onto the side of the wagon to haul him and the man into it. He quickly turned the wagon so that Azeruk could grab Zena and get in as well as preparing to drive past the other two to grab them in if need be. There was a tinge of frustration etched in his face but most could just interpret it as an intense focus.

Comment

Saru just looked on as he watched the skeleton pull out two coconuts and began preparing them. This followed by the Yaju's words just left him confused and befuddled as he walked over and sat down in the chair next to Nera. It was clear that Saru was cautious of the entire area and scenario he's in...

". . . This is truly a strange fortress. I must say I am at a complete loss here... I hope that coconut is fresh." Saru spoke up with at first, a serious response... but then completely shattered practically by his worries of the coconut being fresh or not. It's clear by now that his mind is definitely all over the place, but at least focused on some rather important things as well.

Comment

Travelling to Sanctuary

Lavender has been following Tewi for at least an hour now. The way to Sanctuary from the shrine involved a long stretch of plains with very little landmarks of note. But it wasn't a boring trek for Lavender as she's been observing Tewi and how she was walking. It was certainly different from the seductive model walking of Lavender's; more cautious and jovial. The white rabbit that has been tagging Lavender now chased after the bunny girl, leaping and hopping without a care in the world. During little breaks while Tewi and the white rabbit rested, Lavender scouted out in the distance. The yukata that Tewi gave her was starting to really fit on her nicely. She likes it.

"Excuse me, Tewi." Lavender asked Tewi while the two walked. "I may look grown up, but I'm actually really new to this world. Can I possible ask you to teach me about things I need to know before we get to this Sanctuary place?"
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Draven smirked as he began juggling his two blades again with ease and expertise. It was clear that despite his arrogance he did seem to know how to properly use his weapons with skill. Something that should be careful.

"The game? Ah well the Draven prefers a game of Run and Chase... but how about something that puts us both at a disadvantage? The Draven does like a good challenge. One Rule stands... and that is... no flying! Just to make it fair. The Draven always likes a fair challenge. Winner gets everything betted, loser has to... do something embarassing in public or something. It's up to you."
                            Last edited by SUSTIC; 04-10-2016, 02:22 AM.

Comment

(I was intending to wait a bit more until the castle arrived, but I guess I can post now)

As soon as the wagon came over and it was clear that everyone could escape Lucaia quickly went towards it. "Alright come Ewlyin, we're leaving. Nothing good can come from this fight. I just don't want to risk a fight with a vampire" Lucaia said, trying to get Ewlyin to come with her. It was less of an idea and more of a command, but Ewlyin had other plans in mind instead. "Nope, I'm staying here. Someone needs to defeat this vampire, and guard whatever this tower holds. Besides, from what you told us, once those people in the dragon skeleton finishes their stuff up there we might get backup" Ewlyin said, trying to persuade Lucaia to let her stay. "Fine, I'll try to find a silver sword or something like that for you, but don't expect any more help" Lucaia said.

Once Ewlyin had gotten a confirmation that they were staying she activated both of her time fields, one completely stopping time, while the other one began rotating. Well, rotating isn't the best word to describe it, a better way to say it would be to say that the time within the field began to "rotate".
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              someone is fighting for you.
                              –As long as you remember her,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

Azeruk was about to assure Zena that there would be no need to leave her, but right when he was going to say that he planning on them simply walking out, he saw Aion with the wagon. Aion was a little surprised to see such an easier alternative present itself, but he was not about to look a gift horse in the mouth, instead opting to lightly shrug as Aion took the man Zena was carrying and loaded him into the wagon. It was then when Azeruk turned to face Zena again and spoke.

"I was never planning to leave you here from the start. Let's get you into the wagon.", Azeruk said as he offered to guide her onboard with one of his hands.

Takeshi thought about it for just a moment before asking another question.

"Okay then, what will you bet?", Takeshi asked the assassin.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X