X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pine Grove | Chronomacer's Tower

For Braum the run through the tower was quite tough and exhausting with what was chasing them, and the shield he was carrying. He made it out a little last due to it, but when he made it out he let out a sigh when he saw other people. A squad of advocates that were thankfully, seemingly on their side. Seeing this Braum laid his shield down on the ground and sat on it so he can rest. He didn't pay much attention to what they were saying about the dragon from earlier as he sat there with a bare noticeable smile as he caught his breath.

Pine Grove | Bone Dragon Fortress

The SECOND his rock throw had stunned Vordred, Saru took his second rock and threw it again in hopes that it'd strike Vordred's head once more. All the while Saru was swinging on the chandelier... faster, and faster. The chains keeping it up in place were barely able to withstand the weight of both Saru and his swinging. It was getting loose... and eventually it will fall out, all he needs to do is time it just right so that it will break off the ceiling at the PEAK of its swing while it is swinging towards Vordred. That way momentum would cause the chandelier to fall right on top of the large skeleton, and in turn crush him... It'll just be any minute now before the Chandelier's chain breaks.

Comment

(Finally got around to writing this. Hope I didn't loose my touch too much)
      Pine Grove | Forest

"FASTER! FASTER!" Ewlyin shouted as she gave the already galloping horse another whip.

They had been riding for what seemed like miles already, trying to get to the Chronomacer's Tower before anything bad happened. The whole thing started when Lucaia noticed the skeleton dragon flying towards Pine Grove. At that point Ewlyin had immediately demanded they they would take a horse and get over to the Chronomacer's Tower as soon as possible. Her reasoning was that it was most likely not random that the dragon was heading towards Pine Grove, and that the Chronomacer's Tower was most likely it's destination. Lucaia wanted to finish her chat with some person at a library they were currently at, but Ewlyin had insisted that they went at once, and so they did.

"Can we please slow down a bit soon, we're soon there anyway" Lucaia asked with a slightly bored voice. "NO! We should have at least seen the upper part of the tower by now, but we haven't seen anything like that yet. I just know that something must be wrong" Ewlyin answered as she speed up, not down

After a bit more riding they spotted a very thin man walking towards them. He didn't look dangerous, in fact it looked like he hadn't eaten for days, possibly weeks. How he was still alive Ewlyin had no idea about. Just as they were about to pass him Ewlyin stopped the horse. "Lucaia, some food and water for this poor man please" Ewlyin asked. "First you talk about all this going faster stuff, and now this? Fine" Lucaia answer. She then closed her eyes and it looked like she was trying to remember something, before opening them again. "PLACE!" Lucaia then commanded. A yelloish glow then radiated from the mans hands before a second or two later he stood there with bread in one hand and a bottle of water in the other. "Now, I gave you food and water, could you now please tell us about the situation over there?" Lucaia asked. "I don't know much, I have been trapped in a big skeletal dragon for some time now. I just recently got out. When I got out I saw what looked like the ruins of some building that the dragon had knocked over" the man told them before leaving. "Well, now you know what happened at least" Lucaia said to Ewlyin.
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

Azeruk was a little tired from holding all the rocks they came across at bay for so long, but after taking a couple moments to recover, he was beginning to feel much better, although no amount of rest could prepare him for the small army outside what was left of his tower. Upon seeing them, Azeruk was rather quick to ask them questions, rather than answer any just yet.

"Wait, who are you guys??", Azeruk asked rather swiftly, although his tone seemed more like one of confusion than aggression.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Mysterious Shrine | Pine Grove

Lavender smiled lovably as she grabbed the sheathed short sword and held it tightly with both hands. She clearly had no idea how to wield a sword; even with her new master Azeruk briefly teaching her how, but Lavender still kept it close to her as a remembrance of her and Master's newly established relationship. She was ready to follow Tewi now.

Outskirts of Tenma's Court | Quill Jungle

Half an hour of flight was all it took for Kazeane and Takeshi to be within the vicinity of Tenma's Court: an impressive village built on and around several giant trees. The largest tree at the center was reserved for the Tenma, the royal family, and their guards and servants. Because of the nature of the jungle, even the nights are pleasantly warm all year round, but flying in the air allowed some cool refreshing currents to blow into the two.

"Nothing like a soak in the river to get rid of the stuffy feeling of heat." Kazeane reveled in the relaxing situation as she perched on a branch to roost her wings. "Hey! Takeshi! You should rest up too!"
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

((This is another post for Draven. My last intro-post with him was Edited to where that intro-post for Draven took place 3 days ago. This is current day.))

As Kazeane had perched herself on a branch to cool off and relax, her question was shortly followed by the faint sound of someone whistling an indistinct tune followed by the sound of branches crunching twigs underneath a man's footsteps. The source of the whistling was quite distinct. For it was coming from Kazeane's left... Another thing that one would be able to pick is the sound of something whirling or spinning. It's very faint... but as the whistling gets closer they'd be able to hear it...

The man was none other than the 'Man himself' Draven. Mercenary for hire, paid-assassin, and overall as he considers himself 'the most handsome man around'. His reasons for being in the area was to collect some sort of info on some kind of special books. Something that's... quite boring, but it came with the promise of quite a large some of gold, as well as some potential worthy foes. Either way he's going to have some fun with this... whether he likes it or not.

After the whistling they could hear the man who sounded to be in his 30's singing some kind of tune.

"Oh baby don't be misbehavin~ Cuz here's your sweet daddy Draven~!" He sang as he finally got within sight of Kazeane. Upon looking up and seeing her he smirked and let out the typical whistle a guy would give upon seeing a gorgeous woman he stopped twirling and sheathed his incredibly large cleavers.

"Well what do we have her? A fair maiden up in a tree. I swear this must be my lucky day. I could have swore I read something in a book about a... dashingly handsome rogue finding and saving a gorgeously sexy woman up in a tree." He said to himself as he then spoke again. "Now what's a fine looking girl like yourself doing up in a tree? You lost? Or are you just wanting a guy to get a good look at ya?"

Comment

Zena for one seemed relived. They had escaped the necromancer and now they had plenty of reinforcements to fend off the dragon. When she saw Azeruk's responce to the soldiers, Zena took it upon herself to explain. "Ah, oh no need to worry mister, their on our side. I'm sorry, I should have introduced myself sooner but given the circumstances it would have been difficult to do so. I'm Zena, Advocate rank 3 of Sanctuary." she said trying to politely introduce herself.

When Zena finished, one of the other advocates stepped forward and gave his name as well. "And I'm Doden, Advocate rank 5. Sorry we weren't' here sooner, we had to secure the city before we could depart and the fallen trees blocking the way didn't help either." Once he was done explaining and introducing himself, the advocate turned to Zena and Zero who were standing next to each other. "Ah so you can track the dragon then? good, we'll need your assistance. Zena since you abandoned your post and went to scout ahead without permission, would you like to give us a status report?" he asked with a small hint of of disappointment and dissatisfaction in the elf girl.

Zena's eyes widened in shock for a moment before she tried to respond. she gave a nervous laugh... "ahaha well sir, umm you see I...."

But before she cold tell them anything, there was a small explosion from behind them that seemed to come from the tower. A large amount of dust and dirt obscured the area, but when it cleared... there she was. The left side of her body was covered in blood, there was dit and dust in her hair and clothing as she stepped out of the tower. She was hurt pretty badly, but it didn't seem to stop her. The malevolent necromancer stepped out of the dust with a surprisingly creepy grin on her face, seeming to enjoy the pain inflicted on her Her eyes were kept hidden by her golden hair as she walked step by step, approaching the lot of them. She stopped about 10 feet away from them as she finally looked up and gazed at them. Her eyes were filled with anger and blood lust. Despite everything they had done to stop her, they had only succeeded and putting her in a bad mood. "Did you... really think.... It would be.... that easy?"

"HOLD IT!" demanded Doden as he took up his sword and stood between the others and the necromancer. The other rank 5 stood by him as wel but remained unarmed, seeming to focus more on a casting roll than a melee one. "Who are you? what busyness do you have here?" he questioned the girl, being rightfully suspicious of her intentions. Either he had great human perception or he could some how sense things that others could not.

Zena spoke up once more trying to explain thee situation. "Sir, she's the one commanding the dragon. We tried to stop her but..."
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DfArO6TMEg
              Zena was cut off yet again, this time by Doden. "Don't worry Zena, you all look exhausted, I know you did your best. He looked back at the others for only a second to adress them. "Take a rest, let us handle things from here, you've all done an excellent job." he assured them before turning back to face the necromancer. Seki may have been powerful, but she was injured, and going up against two level fives. Yet somehow she didn't seem to worried about the outcome.

Doden made a few hand motions to his allies and they quickly got into formation, spreading out in a large circle around the necromancer. They started chanting, clearly preparing a powerful spell. The two level fives charged the necromancer. The mage locking her feet to the ground by covering them hardened mud and clay. Doden took this chance to try and cut the girl down while she was mobilized, but it didnt' work. Seconds before the blade would have claimed her life, the girl flicked the smooth side of the blade with a finger, planting a single soul inside the blade. That was all it took for her to instantaneously enchant the blade.

The modifications on the blade caused it to stop mid swing and pull itself in another direction, this caught Doden off guard and caused him to lose his grip in the blade. While he was distracted, Seki leaned forward and placed a single hand on the man's chest plate and pushed forward, blasting him with a wave of dark energy and setting a soul inside his armor as well. It seemed she was putting the souls of the defeated skeletons to good use, she might have even planned to use them this way from the beginning. Doden went flying back and landed on his back. He got up rather quickly however, letting his whole body roll backwards and returning to a crouching stance.

Doden and the mage were shocked for a moment, but it quickly faded. It was to be expected of one powerful enough to command a massive dragon, however their problems didn't end there. It seemed Doden's armor was stuck, something was holding it tightly to the ground. While he was stuck in this position, the possessed sword cam back around to finish him off. However it was quickly blocked by the necromancer who conjured up a rather strong crystal blunt to stop the attack. He then launched a counter attack, first blasting a sharp stone towards the girl at a high speed. She managed to deflect the stone by hitting it with some of her own magic, however the moment she did that, she was surrounded by thick walls made up of stone and metal. The would have crushed her but she managed to push them back yet again by summoning up some of hr own power to push back and eventually break the walls. This also freed her feet so she could move too, and just i time.

The geomancer immediately followed up with another attack, this time trying to crush her from above with a massive rock he had pulled up from the ground. Seki almost lost to this one, but was able to push herself out of the way by blasting enough energy in front of her to push her back far enough to avoid the hit. The blast of energy was meant to push her back and not to attack, so it didnt' cause any harm to Doden or the stone mage. The next attack however was different. Seki shot a small arrow of dark energy into the rock, penetrating it up to the center before self destructing and causing the stone to exp load into hundreds of smaller pebbles. At this point, she was already hot on the geomancer's trail again, running at her quickly and reaching with her one good arm to try and grab him. The geomancer feared what might happen if Seki were able to touch him and so he backed away as quickly as he could.

While backing away he summoned sharp spike fro m the ground directly under Seki's feet in an attempt to skewer her alive. He actually managed to pierce part of her body, but she quickly used her own magic to push herself again, this time going straight up. The advocate smiled wickedly as he looked up at the girl calling out "YOU'RE MINE!" as he he folded his hands together in front of his face, looking as though he were about to prey. When he did this, the ground around them was covered all over in sharp spikes, leaving the girl nowhere safe to land. If she tried to land on him or Doden then either of them could quickly capture her. However Seki was smarter than that. She took control of Doden's armor again, this time forcing him to move over the spikes and just under her feet so she could land on the back of his armor. This was just enough to push the spikes through his armor and badly injure him.

"One down, one to go." she said before once again calling on the possessed sword. This time the geomancer managed to shatter the blade by manipulating th iron, but doing so just gave Seki another soul to use. She then launched her own counter attack, summoning a danmaku of dark energy at the male geomancer. He tried his very best but he was eventually struck with one of the bullets and sent flying outside the circle of soldiers that had surrounded the fighters.

The gemoancer landed painfully, but before Seki could finish him off, the man screamed "DO IT NOW" The soldiers surrounding Seki and Doden had finished chanting their spell and now they were ready to end this. Quick moving chains burst forth from the soldiers and wrapped themselves around the girls body. Before Seki even knew what was going on, she ws completely bound by chains that were all being held by the soldiers surrounding her. No matter which way she pushed or pulled, she always had someone pulling her in the other direction. The geomancer used his manipulation of the earth to remove the spikes in the area and pull Doden out of harms way, all the while Seki was unable to move.

"What the... So this is why it took you so long to get here." said the necromancer as she struggled to free her body.

"That's right," said the geomancer. "These chains were enchanted at the mage's guild to suppress necromantic magic. A last resort in case the two of s weren't strong enough to stop you ourselves. You can thank Queen Eatos for that. At first I was against the idea but now I can see why she gave that order." The geomancer was hurt, but he was looking rather smug now that he and the others had the girl trapped where she couldn't use her magic.

"Oh how cute, yo're working together. That Queen of yours is smarter than I thought. I'll have to remember that when I tare her skull off of her neck. Tell me do you think she would prefer a gold star or a smiley face on her tombstone?" Seki asked in a mocking tone. Even now she was cocky and obnoxious, as if she thought it impossible for her to lose.

While thoses two were talking, Zena quickly ran over to Doden and had started healing his wounds. She got him to a stable point and then had to sit back down. She had done a lot of healing today and now she was bone tired from it. "Thank you." he said as he finally got up again. He walked a bit closer o the necromancer and placed his hand one one of the chains. "I think it's time someone pt yo in your place." he said as he used his esper powers to send to send 20 volts of electricity through the chains. While the voltage was low the current was quite high, enough to knock her off her feet and send her down to rest on her knees. Doden was able to keep the other men from being shocked by redirecting all of the electricity to the girl, which is what made the current so strong in the first place Seki let out a shriek of pain, but she still had a twisted smile on her face, enjoying the pain inflicted upon her way more than she should have. "You've lost necromancer, call back your dragon so we can kill it for good.

Seki looked up a the man who was towering over her with childlike happy go lucky smile. "As you wish." she answered him. She called out for Orgok to return to her, but she didnt' look the slightest bit worried.

The skeleton took the money offered and pulled out large glass pitcher of water. He also pulled out a drinking glass and filled it up for her, the ice water was cold and refreshing, lacking the cent of anything poison or dangerous. This was indeed pure clean drinking water. "If you want more, feel free to pour yourself a glass. It's only water so don't be shy. Let me know if you need anything else." he said as he stood there looking blankly into the rest of the bar.

Meanwhile, Saru's plan had almost gone off without a hitch. The skeleton was stunned and the chandelier was quickly falling towards it's target. However fate wasnt' on his side because as it was falling, The dragon's master had called it to return, causing the beast to turn in such a way that the chandelier was slammed into a wall instead of at the skeleton. Saru might have been able to win if not for that interference, but Vordread wouldn't' let his guard down again. He had it set up so the next time Nera tried to leave through a door she would come out behind Saru and join them in the fight. The elven girl would meet a similar fate. Once all three of them were together, Vordread could finish them all off at once, and he knew just how to do it. "Very impressive." said the undead worrier. "You'll make a fine addition to my army." Vordead stood in a combat ready stance, awaiting a the monkey's next attack.

Mysterious Shrine | Pine Grove

Once both the girls were ready, Tewi lead Lavender out of the shrine and back on to an old dirt path that would lead them back to Sanctuary She planned to get there as quickly as possible to avoid running into the girl's master.
              Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 03-19-2016, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Pine Grove - Chronomancer's Tower

Zero guessed they were advocates, from how Zena was talking. He honestly felt some relief knowing that help has come. Just as Zena was about to give a report that Doden asked for, an explosion happened and to who appeared was none other than Seki. Zero quickly took his sword off his back into his left hand ready to draw but then Doden told them to stand back and leave her to them. "But they don't know how strong she is." Zero thought as the advocates started and he was amassed by how effective they are against Seki. Zero felt that all the effort they did was meaningless and made him feel frustrated at how powerless he was. After the fight was over and Seki was told to call her dragon back, she said she would but something didn't feel right. All of his senses just went haywire. "QUICK, KILL HER NOW!!! DON'T LET HER CALL HER DRAGON!!!" He yelled.
                "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Pine Grove

Aion had slipped past everyone and had headed for Achlys's wagon. Really not feeling like dealing with Advocates right now. Once inside, he got to work picking out healing potions and his armor, a brilliant sky blue ceremonial armor with the Altean crest emblazoned on the breastplate. Although perfectly functional, he wanted to use it more as a symbol rather than as protection. Time to be an icon of Altean might. Achlys's potions always tasted terrible, but their effectiveness was superb. He packed a few extra as he heard fighting outside, which elicited a sigh from him. Surprisingly to him, the fight was over soon enough. He had finished putting on his armor and had the bag of potions ready. He headed back in time to hear Zero shout. "Let her call her dragon." He called out as he approached. "Let her call it. We have friends on it still." Because Achlys isn't here, as well as the other Yaju that were with us.

Comment

"I'm sure they can make it but remember the destruction in Sanctuary. If we let her live, she just have the dragon fire that blast at us right where we stand now and it will kill us all." Zero said to Aion. "Doden sir. We must kill her now." He said to the Advocate in charge.
                    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

The necromancer had a small fit of laughter at the half jin's behavior. It was quite amusing to see how reacted. "Use your head boy. If I told the dragon to attack, I would be caught in the blast as well. In fact I'm the only thing standing between that dragon and turning you all into soup so i suggest you pipe down and actually think before you act. Besides, even if you kill me it won't make a difference. I'm only one of seven." Seki spoke in a patronizing tone as if she thought the boy were a foolish child. It was pretty obvious that she thought he was stupid.

Doden placed a reassuring hand on Zero's shoulder. "Relax, we know what we're doing. So long as we hold it' s master hostage the dragon can't harm us." he tried to assure the boy it would be ok. They needed to destroy the dragon before punishing the necromancer, otherwise there would be a rogue dragon with great destructive power on the lose.

Comment

Instead of drinking the water, the yaju brought the pitcher to herself and started filling the remaining 3 empty vials with the liquid, making sure each of them had enough to be almost full as she sealed them with their corks "I apologize for not drinking from your inventory, but I do thank you for the help" she spoke to the bar man. It was then that the dragon moved again and the fox´s hold on the table got stronger by reaction, yet her emotional state was still calm "Looks like the dragon was called, maybe the mistress of this fortress needs it?" she asked as she relaxed on this rather safe room
                        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Braum simply sat back and watched everything unfold before him from a safe distance. The strong moustached man was not wanting to say anything, and even though he would have stepped in to stop Seki from trying to cause anymore harm... it seemed as if the others had it under control. Though Zero's... eagerness to finish off Seki now was a bit irritating. This caused Braum to stand up, pick up his shield and walk over to Zero before placing a hand on the Jin's shoulder before speaking.

"Young man you are very angry no? Killing isn't always greatest idea. Even if Bad Girl might deserve it, killing never solves problems in long run. Besides she seems to know stuff that could help us good guys." Braum spoke to Zero before turning around to make his leave. Braum was walking slower than he was... even with his shield. It was just the fact that Braum was mostly exhausted from the events that had happened just recently.

"Either way Braum must go. I will never forget strong and brave friends." He said as he continued to walk off... but it would be rather easy to catch up to him.

Saru was screeching with joy as the chandelier went crashing down towards Vordred.... when suddenly the entire fortress seemed to swerve around, causing the chandelier to grind against the wall before crashing into the ground. This caused some of the wall to the fortress to come apart, letting in a little light before it closed up. All the while Saru was on the ground, on his stomach and gritting his teeth as he began to get up. Getting a look at the surroundings he saw a crushed skeleton clutching a metal spear. Seeing this the Apex quickly grabbed the spear, stood up and spun around before throwing the spear right at Vordred's head. His aim was nowhere near perfect, but even then Vordred will need to dodge the spear just in case... Which could give Saru an opening for anything else he might come up with.

Comment

Zero got agitated at everyone and wung their hands off of him. "Fine. Do whatever you want. I'm done." He says as he places his sword back on his back and walks back towards Sanctuary. He walks right past Zena. "Good luck." He says softly and jumps down towards the forest.

Comment

Azeruk quietly considered their options as the commotion around him continued. If they managed to kill the dragon, then at least Azeruk wouldn't have to worry about Seki anymore and could reunite with Lavender. Just as Dodan had said, they would still have to contend with the dragon if they killed Seki, and without some leverage, the battle would have been much more brutal than if they used Seki. Now it was just a matter of the dragon. Azeruk had a huge array of guardians at his disposal, but they needed to damage the dragon's bones themselves. After a moment, Azeruk looked over to Dodan and spoke to him.

"Excuse me Sir, but can I speak with you for a minute?", Azeruk said as he began to walk further away from the group and motioned over to him to follow.

Takeshi did not really feel the need to rest after flying for half an hour. Because of the training he went through, he would have been able to fly for a good few hours before tiring, but if Kazeane wanted to rest, then perhaps it wouldn't hurt if they relaxed for a moment. With that, Takeshi sat on one of the tree branches right above Kazeane and lightly hunched over to balance himself on the branch.

Takeshi wished that they would have continued onward, for when he began to relax, a strange man approached from the jungle and began to attempt to woo Kazeane. Takeshi did not really take very kindly to this, and even felt somewhat annoyed, but he simply cleared his throat before speaking to the man below.

*ahem* "You know that there's someone else here too, right?", Takeshi asked Draven as he placed a hand on his knee and looked down at the man with his head tilted and a raised eyebrow.
                              Originally posted by S121
                              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                              sigpic

Comment

Draven simply turned to Takeshi before chuckling a bit.

"Heh. So who are you supposed to be anyways? Her babysitter? Why don't you go flap your wings and fly away so you can leave Draven to work his magic." Draven spoke in a rather cocky, arrogant, and somewhat suave tone as he then turned back to Kazeane. Looking up at her he did get a pretty good view. "So how about it pretty lady? Would you like to come with me and allow Draven to show you a good time~?"

Comment

Working...
                                X