X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outskirts of Tenma's Court | Quill Jungle

Needless to say, Takeshi found his tone to be rather... annoying and sought to make this man understand just who he was talking to.

"By magic, do you mean that sleazy dribble of utterances and rehearsed lines you call charm? I'll have you know that you're barking up the wrong tree, buddy. This lady is The Tenma's daughter, and I am her Guardian, so I recommend you scurry off like the rat you are.", Takeshi said with a rather wry smile as he leaned forward.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

"Come on, Takeshi. Lay off for a while. I don't blame him for wanting to get it on with me~" Kazeane winked playfully at Takeshi before turning to Draven. "But yeah, sorry sonny. I'm probably thousands of years older than you and besides... I'm not into creepy guys like you. Sorry~"
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

Pine Grove | Chronomacer's Tower

Zena couldn't help but frown at both Zero and Bruam for leaving. She didn't hold anythng against them for doing so. They had their reasons for wanting to leave. Maybe they feared the dragon? maybe they had other important things to do, who knows. But Zena could not leave, especially not with her commanding officer there watching her. And while she coudlnt' stop them from leaving, she called out to them. "WAIT!" she said just trying to get their atention. "Thank you, both of you. We couldn't have made it without your help." she spoke to both of them before giving them a slight bow. after that she woudl just watch them leave.

Seki remained docile as Azeruk approached Doden. The advocate turned to him and nodded. "You must be the guardian of this tower. A bit younger than I would have expected. What do you need friend?" he asked him being very kind and friendly. A respectable authority figure indeed.

Pine Grove | Bone Dragon Fortress

The skeleton bartender stumbled at first, but quickly regained his composure. He popped a few bones back in place and then answered the girl's question. Ay, the mistress calls for her dragon. When we arrive, all her enemies shall parish." As one of Seki's undead, he knew and could understand Orgok's orders. Questioning him might do some good, but her allies were in danger and needed her help. What would the fox do?

Meanwhile Vordread actually managed to catch the spear before it reached his skull.... by letting it stab right through his hand. He was damaged for sure, but in a place that wasn't very important. The undead swung his blade with his one good hand, sending out another wave of dark energy liek he had done before. This one was less damaging but with a much wider range. He wasn't' trying to kill him with this attack he wanted to push him back. Vordread was actually starting to like Saru. He was showing real courage and determination in their fight. But alas, he was still his enemy.

Comment

Draven just scoffed at the bird man's response... until he heard mention of it being Tenma.

"Ah so I am in the right place..." He whispered as he unsheathed one of his cleavers before spinning it around while standing in a rather... carefree pose before tossing it up into the air. As the blade flew into the air it got within sight of Takeshi and Kazeane, but not too close to be dangerous at all... What... was off was that it was slightly covered in blood. Fresh blood. After it came back down he caught it rather expertly. "Oh yeah? Well you don't know who you're talking with either. The name if you haven't guessed by now is Draaaaven, and personally... Draven doesn't care if a girl's royalty or not. A woman's a woman no matter the age, and I'll tell you. She's one fine birdie~" Replied Draven as he stood in a more serious pose.

"Unless... You actually want to get in my way Mister 'I'm her Guardian' or would you like to just fly out of the way and let the Adults talk?"

Braum stopped when he heard Seki call out and thank him. The strong man from the mountains smiled as he turned around and waved back at her with the most warm and friendly smile a man like him could give. With his moustache he seems like a very jolly, and generally kind man just like he was when they met earlier despite the... not so good circumstances they met in.
          What he said next was interesting.

"Braum thanks good Friends! It was pleasure helping such kind-hearted girl and brave girl, strong dragon boy, and others. Now Braum is off to city of Sanctuary... but first I need to find city..."

Saru was both shocked and impressed at Vordred's speed and reaction time. He was capable of catching the spear, despite it going through his hand. This undead warrior is truly a worthy match. When Vordred sent another wave of energy at Saru, the young Apex managed to thankfully block it by grabbing a iron shield and holding it infront of him to protect himself from taking damage. Although the shockwave did push Saru back at least 4-5 feet even when he was holding his own. Right after the shockwave was gone, Saru took the shield and threw it at Vordred like a large throwing disc. It was a little hard to throw, but he managed to throw it at Vordred's general direction.
          Last edited by SUSTIC; 03-22-2016, 04:47 AM.

Comment

"Right, so as I'm pretty sure you know, this dragon is not going to be easy to kill on owr own, so I wanted to tell you that there's still a lot of guardians in the tower, and even some in the lake. At the very least, they should be able to help. Also, we need to find a way to actually damage the dragon, because if we resort to swords, then nothing would happen. I should also mention that I may be able to help with my magic, either by damaging things by aging them to dust, or slowing them down for you guys. In the end, my resources are at your disposal, so how should we destroy this dragon?", Azeruk asked Doden.

Takeshi lightly frowned at Kazeane's response to him and looked away from Draven and Kazeane before hearing a blade being unsheathed and thrown into the air. It wasn't hard to see the blood on the blade, and when Takeshi did, he furrowed his brow before rising to his feet on the branch and squatting. It seemed like a somewhat unusual way to stand in a tree, but Takeshi had his reasons to do so. Whatever this man's intent, Takeshi was going to make sure that he would be crawling out of the jungle, or not at all.

"You're one to talk kid. I'm old enough to be your great great great great greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandfather. It's rather childish to think that you've got a chance at all, both with wooing her and shooing me away. I have to ask though, why would a man be 'sarging' in the middle of the jungle? You don't have any large bags, pack animals, or even guards, so you're not a trader. You're not a diplomat, because you definitely have no class, and you are not a simple commoner because you have a blade covered in blood. So then, Draven... will you tell us why you're here, or should I bend you over and spank you like the child you are until I get answers?", Takeshi said with the same grin as before.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

Draven's facial reaction was... off... it was definitely not what one would expect as he just gave the most sadistic, if not creepy grin one would expect from a man like him. He then took out both his weapons and began spinning them at his side as if they were propellors. The speed they spun at was quite fast as they were creating just enough wind to blow his hair back.

"Let me tell you what. Draven is not a kid. I have more blood on my hands than you'd expect. Draven has kept track of his kills. So far. One Hundred and Ninety Nine. I've slain entire armed squads. I have a RIGHT to be me. Besides I don't care what you call me. Draven is Draven and that's all that matters." He spoke as he let out a loud, boisterous laugh before looking right at Takeshi then Kazeane.

"Now onto the real business. I'm here to get some info on some magic books. I don't really care for that but I was promised quite a lot of cash, and a good challenge. Sadly I'm already disappointed with one of those two, and I haven't gotten any info on any books now have I? So you can guess which one Draven is upset with."

Comment

Pine Grove - Chronomancer's Tower

Zero turned around to see Zena. "I'm only heading back to Sanctuary. Also." He said and then pointed to his arm scales. "Hold it tight and pray. Help will come." He said before weapping himself in a crimson wind and vanished.
                Last edited by Zekai; 03-23-2016, 12:49 AM.
                "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

"It's coming back" Ewlyin suddenly said. "The dragon? How do you know? Did you see it?" Lucaia answered slightly confused. "I saw it for a split second between the trees. When we arrive you ready an All seeing eye. I'll see if I can find Chronux" Ewlyin answered. "Wait, are you thinking of fighting that thing? Alone?! Just..., fine, but you're on your own. Just be careful and pull out if things get to dangerous" Lucaia said, halfway biting her teeth together.

After another another minute of riding they finally reached the tower, the same place as all the others were gathered. Lucaia quickly got off and began drawing an alchemy circle on the ground. She could do it without one, but it was easier if she had one handy. At the same time Ewlyin also got of and walked up the the people already there. "Excuse me, I'm Ewlyin earlier pupil of Chronux. Me and my master here just arrived after coming here as soon as possible after seeing the dragon. What's the situation here at the moment? Also, the reason we came here,I'm looking for Chronux and I'm worried about him considering that happened to the tower, has anyone here seen him? While he's no longer my master, I still care for him" Ewlyin asked the ones there.
                  Last edited by Katrix; 03-23-2016, 09:31 PM.
                  Born in the light.
                  Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                  Keep Fighting.
                  –Don't Forget.
                  Always, somewhere,
                  someone is fighting for you.
                  –As long as you remember her,
                  you are not alone.

Comment

Pushing Saru back was all the skeleton needed to do. With one hand, he moved a wall up from the floor between himself and Saru, The shield hit the wall and bounced off as Vordread spoke from the other side. "Time to die monkey man. I'd love to stay and finish you myself, but we'll be landing soon and I can't keep master waiting." he said before causing bone spikes to form on Saru's side of the wall. The wall then started to slowly move in Saru's direction, threatening to crush him if he didn't find his way out. There was a door on the other side of the hall, but would he have known that? If he remembered it from before things went dark then he may of had a chance to escape. Once he went through the door, he would find himself in the same room as Nera.

Doden took a moment to consider everything Azeruk had said before making a quick decision. The more help they had the better. A chronomage just might be what they needed to tip the scales. "Yes any help we can get is appropriated. As for how we plan to kill it, when It gets here, we'll have the necromancer order it to land so we can get the others out. I think someone mentioned there were still people inside the fortress? Once their out we have two options blast the dragon with everything we have or see if any of them have found a way to destroy it from the inside."

Just as Doden was finishing his explanation, he and Azeruk would hear one of the other men calling out "LOOOK THERE IT IS!!"

The massive dragon was returning. Quickly appearing from the other side of the lake. The dragon managed to travel a great distance in a very short amount of time, it would only be a few more minutes until the creature was upon them. The necromancer wore a sly smirk on her lips as she saw Orgok coming back to get her. weather the others knew it or not, they had already lost. "Tell me gentlemen, lady." she said nabbing their attention for moment. "Have any of you ever heard of a mortal's mask?" she asked them coyly.

Zena had a look of confusion on her face as she pondered what the girl had said. "That sounds... so familiar, but where have i heard it?" Th elven girl looked over to Doden, perhaps he had the answer. Or maybe Azeruk knew?

Doden couldn't' seem to remember either. But he was thinking really hard like he had heard it somewhere before too. Eventually it was he geomancer that spoke up. "You gonna tell us a fairy tale? There's no such thing, it's just a story parents tell their children to keep them from sneaking out at night." When he said that, both Doden and Zena seemed to suddenly remember what it was. but they were cut off before they could sy anything.

Seki's eyes were now closed, looking as if she were in a state of deep meditation. "The mortal's mask grants the creatures of he night immunity to the sun. However, in exchange for this protection. The vampire is only able to use 10% of their power. But if that's all just a fairy tale then you won't have to worry right?"" Seki was stalling them just long enough for her plan to take effect.

The moment the dragon's shadow was looming over her, her eyes shot open. Only now they were blood red. Her hair changed as well, from blond to black and all of her wounds started healing at a rapid rate. She had no intention of getting Orgok to land. So long as he was above them, she had protection from the sun. And even if they managed to kill her, the dragon would then crush them all from above. If they managed to take out the dragon however, then that would actually put Seki in a bad spot, but doing that would also kill the innocent people inside.

The vampire got back on her feet, grabbing hold of her binding chains and spinning her whole body around. The men that were holding her chains tight began to swing around her body like a pinwheel as the vampire untangled herself from the chains. she moved so quickly that all of her moments appeared as blurs. She started swinging the chains around her body, along with the men holding to them as she tied them all together. When she finally stopped, all the soldiers were caged into a ball of their own chains and were sent flying into what little was left standing of the tower.

She tossed them aside like it was nothing before turning back to the others. "Rules of nature." she said before giving Doden and the geomancer the 'come on' sign. However before they rushed in for round two, Seki took control of the spirit in Doden's armor yet again. This time lifting him up by it and slamming him down into the geomancer. The geomancer was out cold, but Seki wasn't' finished. She brought Doden just above her own head. She held him in place, an open hand held just under his frame as she gave him a malevolent smile. he hadn't forgotten what he did to hear earlier and now it was time for payback. "Checkmate." she said before closing her hand into a fist, causing the spirit to constrict, crushing every bone in his body until he was dead. blood was leaking from his armor as the vampire drank from it like a fountain. She murdered him in cold blood, without so much as flinching.

Zena tried to awaken the other level 5 advocate but it was no use. He had taken a nasty blow to the head and couldn't be woken up. He was still alive, but hewas out cold. Zena would have tried to heal him, but she was already at her limit. all the fighting and helaing she had already done took it's toll on her. She managed to lift the man up on one shoulder, reaching into reserves she didn't even know she had, but she was clearly in no condition to fight. With Zero and Braum already gone, that only left Azeruk and Aion and a dragon. Zena would have still tried to help in any way she could, but it didn't look good for them. The vampire finished her drink and threw Doden's crushed body away, staring down the remaining fighters. "....Go. you're of no use to me. I have more important matters to attend to, so just go. Or you can stay here and fight a battle you have no chance of winning. What'll it be?" she asked them in a very cold tone. She acted all cheery and silly up until now, but now she looked dead serious.
                    Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 03-23-2016, 02:44 AM.

Comment

(Post reserved)
                      sigpic

Comment

The yaju was now meditating on what to do when she would meet the nechromancer ("She is by far stronger than most of those who study in the school of the Dead, having an army of skeletons with individual personalities is already a feat on its own, but this gargantuan dragon is getting close to the abilities of Noxis herself..") despite the possible threat and danger, Nera couldnīt help but smile ("I will have an intersting meeting with her then"). the black and white vixen sighed as she felt memories roaming again.

It was a time again when she was dealing with one of the many major events in history, or at least in her own.. ("That was an interesting thing..")

Countless of years ago..

A much younger Nera was working with her father in the forge, they were making equipment for the settlements of their people. Braxton was easily making blades with his strength with hte hammer, but was also making delicate slices on the blades to make the enchanted engravings, something that would look odd since he was a towering bull with a tiny slicing tool. The blacksmith had his daughter bring the ores and keep the fire in the forge within the temperature that he wanted. the young fox still kept glancing at the engravings as she spoke "Dad? when do you think I will have my magic?" she asked while putting more coal to the forge.

The blacksmith took a moment to finish his work and then answered "Well my snowflake, it will come when you least expect it, magic is a natural energy, and it surges when it wants to" the confused face he received from his daughter was enough to make him explain "Think of me for example, my magic is geomancy, I have the control of most solid objects and I can tell you that the time that I felt it for the first time was when I.. made a tantrum with Grandpa" he gave her an embarrassed smirk. "I was trying to make this awesome blade to gain the attention of your mother, but it always ended up with something wrong, my pops kept telling me I was wasting my time since im not that.. delicate with forging things, we started to argue and when I slammed my fist on a table, the table, the shelf and the wall exploded in pieces" he chuckled.

Nera was listening to his father and paying so much attention that she didnīt feel her mother putting a paw on her shoulder, startling the young fox "He forgot to tell you that he also broke the door with me holding the knob, the poor lad was so embarrazed when I handed it to him" Druella smirked at her husband "Magic will come to you sooner or later, and it will be quite the spectacle knowing how mine was also an accident" that made the girl look at the older vixen with surprise. Her mother was a serious huntress who was always in control, but having accidents was a rare thing coming from the magician of light. "Yeah, it was while me and your father were dating, the forest was silent as we were walking in the middle of the night, it was a rather bad situation for me since I had this plan of a romantic meal, stargazing and enjoying the gentle wind of autumn" Druella then closed her eyes "But our meal brought the attention of a predator and we had to fight it, nothing so big, but took our supplies, then the sky roared as the first droplet of water hit my nose, and the wind got stronger and stronger until we understood a powerful storm was coming. We hid in a cave to avoid the rain and wind, but my plan was already ruined and I was stressed"

The bull then patted the foxīs back "Then my firefly started venting her stress on a poor rock and I tried to calm her down, but she kept yelling to nature until I was suddenly blinded by light, it took me some moments to regain my vision and I can tell you that your mother looked like a goddess, her gray fur shone with this warm light and a feeling of peace surrounded us" he smiled "While at first I destroyed the random furniture or your mother suddenly make a flash explosion, we trained to take the best of our magic. I just know that you will have yours in the recent future my beautiful snowflake, just you wait" he kissed the girlīs forehead.

Back to the present..

The yaju opened her eyes and lifted her paw, making the water in the pitcher come to her palm, becoming a solid sphere of ice. She smiled and waited for the Nechromancer.
                        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Azeruk looked up at the vampire as he readied his magic in case Seki attacked, causing a golden light to slowly permeate from his body and faint traces of ethereal sand to start flowing around him. He was angry at the vampire for everything she had done, and what she would probably do, but as he was readying his magic for an attack, he could hear the voice of his mentor within his head again.

(Don't do anything foolish. Do not be the first one to attack.)

It was then when Azeruk heard the voice of somebody behind him, someone that was looking for his mentor. Azeruk did not turn around to see who it was and instead answered them while staring hard at Seki.

"He's dead, and the tower was destroyed by her.", Azeruk said to Ewlyin before speaking to Seki.

"So Seki, did you get what you came for? Was it worth it?", Azeruk asked as the magical aura around him began to intensify more and more.
                          sigpic

Comment

Kazeane was oblivious to the obvious tension between this sleezy assassin and her retainer, but she kept herself composed; because that's what she was taught to do. The wind from Draven's spinning axe made her wet body a little cold, but she was also oblivious to that as she tried to make the situation a little lighter. Maybe this Draven fellow is just a little misunderstood; maybe he's literally just a egomaniacal hunter who wandered into the deeper parts of the jungle, saw Kazeane, and fell in love. He said he was looking for a "magic book", but Kazeane knew nothing about this magic book... and she knew everything in the nooks and crannies of Tenma's Court from the years of wandering around aimlessly within the city borders. Maybe if they just guided him outside, he'll return back to where he came from safely.

"Sorry, Mister Draven, but there are no magic books in this city." Kazeane apologized with a flash of genuinely innocent smile. "In fact, nothing interesting ever happens here, so there's no way something so awesome as a magic book would be in this jungle."
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

The girl closed her eyes and gave an honest shrug of her shoulders as though everything she had just done was all some sort of joke. She was taking it all very lightly. "No ironically enough it seems that only a chronomancer can unlock the vault. Who knew? I guess I destroyed your home for nothing..... oops. Oh well, no hard feelings right? I'm sure if yo look deep into your heart you'll find a way to forgive me. I'll even give you a best friend nick name. How dose metal head sound?" She spoke with a feeling of complete superiority. She didn't care about Azeruk, his home or his friends. Everything she said was said just to make him angry.

The elf Zena put her elegant hand around Azeruk's arm and pulled back ever so slightly to try and get his attention. She wasn't trying to hold him back or move him, even if she did, Azeruk was far stronger than her on a physical level. She simply wanted to keep him calm and counteract the words of the necromancer. "We need to get out of here. If you want to stay and fight, I'll fight til my dying breath. But I don't think we'll get another chance to run." One look at Zena was all it would take to figure out what kind of shape she was in. She had cuts and buses all over her body and she was drained from overusing her magic. But despite all that, she was willing to stay and fight to the death. She didnt' want too, but she wasn't' bout to leave Azeruk behind to fend for himself against a powerful enemy.

Comment

The mercenary Draven turned to Kazeane while still spinning his blades. Draven's look seemed to be a sarcastically disappointed, or rather a 'fake disappointed' look as he stared at Kazeane.

"Aww really? Well there goes my payment..." Draven spoke in a sarcastic tone of voice as he then began thinking aloud.

"Well if I can't get the first thing I came after... Then maybe Draven can make do with something else..." He said to himself as he then got a rather large... and... somewhat creepy grin as he looked up at Takeshi."Hey you. Why don't we do a little something fun so my time here isn't a waste. Just a little bit of a... game. Are you up for it?" Draven spoke to Takeshi in a rather... tone that matched his grin.

Upon being pushed Back and after throwing the shield, Saru looked up and saw that instead of Vordred, the shield had hit a wall that wasn't there before. Turning back Saru then saw the other wall have a whole bunch of spikes coating the wall. Barely seeing this Saru jumped and let out a shriek of fear as he quickly panicked. For the walls began to close in on him slowly... Thankfully he managed to get an idea. Before the lights went dark he had remembered faintly seeing a door. Vaguely remembering the door he quickly began running on all fours towards it... as the wall got closer and closer to crushing him...

Thankfully he soon got to the door and once there he threw himself at the door, using all his body weight to fly through it. The door slammed open but... his tail was almost crushed as it was still in the doorway. Quickly noticing this he pulled his tail out and let out a sigh of relief as he then turned to the hall ahead of him...

Comment

Working...
                                X