X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assembly Hall | Excelsior HQ

Lux wanted to respond but just couldn't say anything even thought both sides made sense. "Understood. Sorry for the rudeness." She said knowing any more could cause trouble. Lux is now walking out of the hall.
    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Assembly Hall | EXCELSIOR Headquarters | New Citadel

Drake just sighed and shook his head as he placed his hands on his hips.

"Sigh. Scouts... Ya know I'm pondering just showing my face to them. Or at least stating my name. I mean it's like she didn't even recognize me. I was also a part of Selena's battalion for a short time. Heh. All this stuff happening... I think a lot of us deserve a break..." Drake said to himself as then turned to his Commander.

"... Sorry for not being able to find anything sir. Those... DAMN just... fuck those things. Anyways Commander Wehrman. I suggest you take it easy. If you need me, I'll be in my usual spot. My room. So see you later." Finished the recently promoted Captain as he then turned and went right after Lux.

It didn't take long for him to catch up to the young Scout, and when he did he quickly stepped in front of her.

"Hey. Just as a heads up. You should recognize one of the old higher ups in Selena's battalion. Served under her for a good while as an Elite Hunter. Been recently promoted. Also don't just think about running after and searching for her. A search squad consisting of several elite hunters, a Captain, and ten regular Hunters were torn apart out there. A single scout would get their ass chewed up and spit back out in seconds. So that's all sweetcheeks~" He said to the young Scout before winking under his mask and goggles. The goggles were designed so that they hid his eyes as they were mainly a one way lense. After that he quickly turned around and began making his way out the same way Lux was leaving.

Comment

New Genesis: Dimensional Requiem (IC)

(Turning this into a multipart post so I can get through everything I want to get through for Trace's development.)
        (Will remove Spoilers once I'm done.)

Spoiler:

Part 1 - Dreams of the Rift
        Trace's Encephalon

Dreams are curious things. Many living creatures have them. But what about the non-living? Surely a ridiculous question. Machines don't dream.

Trace, however, is not just a machine. She has dreams. She has nightmares. She has seen a world filled with life, a world she had not really seen before. She has seen a world filled with death, much like the one she saw everyday. She is young still, having been in operation for only a few months, yet she knows far more than one would think. Her programming has default knowledge built in and is structured to allow her to learn. However, she has seen things that she has not even experienced. She knows more than what her mechanical mind should know.

The world of her mind, her Encephalon, allows her to recreate all she has seen and experienced. Right now she stood in the middle of a field of flowers that weren't in her database. They were peculiar flowers that she could only describe as beautiful. The use of such an adjective was strange to her. It was a subjective term, something that most would say couldn't be used by a machine in such a sincere fashion.

She seemed to stare off into the distance, but she was really looking at something even though there was nothing visibly there. But she knew there was something, no, someone there. The presence was watching her, making her feel uneasy, afraid that she was doing something wrong. As she continued to gaze in the direction of the presence, her worry was seemingly answered by some form of comfort. Everything will be fine.

My name is Trace. I am a prototype bioroid platform designed to test various utility devices that may one day aid the people. I have been linked to the lab computers for the past 3 weeks. The scientists have only awakened me when they find something that is not accessible by my Encephalon software. Most of the information they are interested in does not appear to be decoded by the Encephalon and therefore puzzle them.

It has been two days since the last diagnostics test. I had been set to sleep for this time until other issues had been resolved.

However, I grow restless.

Her eyes snap open, gazing up to a surgically white ceiling. She glances about the room even though she knows where she was: The same set of workstations to the left and right as well as a table large enough a person could lay on it. This was the lab the scientists used to analyze Trace's progress. They haven't had need to cut her open, yet. But that worries her. A lot of things worry her. Like now she am worried about whether or not there was anyone else in the room. A quick switch of lenses and filters confirmed there was no other sentient life or even mechanical life other than herself in the lab. It was also dark. The lights were out. She switched her eye lens to night vision, turning her iris green which served as an indicator for which lens she was using. Looking about, she saw where her companion drone was recharging. It was offline by an override which made it not awaken when she did. Cautiously she got up and moved over to the station, placing her hand on the control panel in order to access it. In a matter of seconds, Trace had unlocked the override and the drone woke up as well, going through its startup diagnostics. Despite being a part of her, the little drone felt genuinely separate with its own personality. She felt herself slightly smile as the little machine buzzed and shook as it made sure its sensors and systems were fully functional. The feeling of happiness she felt confused her logical, mechanical mind, but she forced herself to ignore it and accept it for what it was. When she picked up the little drone and hugged it, her confusion grew. This was expressed by the drone since it was linked to her mechanical mind. It truly did feel as though it was a completely independent device from her.

"Let's go. There's things to do." As for what that was, she didn't know.

Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-08-2016, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Old Citadel

All Andrew could do was watch on as the girl wandered the streets. She was odd in how she just seemingly roamed randomly throughout the ruined city. Even when the pathways got rather dangerous, the girl seemingly ignored the danger and wandered on. It didn't take long for Andrew to begin taking notes on her.

However on the other end of the Cameras with Koishi, she had taken notice that they were following her movements... She seemed to not care too much thankfully as indicated by her remark towards them. This... unique girl seemed to treat the cameras as a living being or something. Not entirely natural...

Either way as Koishi would continue down the current path she is going, she'd notice that the cameras are increasing in numbers ever so slightly. Still rather well hidden, but increasing in slight numbers. Hell there was a fake bird on a nearby rock which had a small camera for an eye. The increasing amount of cameras is a sign she is getting closer to the building where Andrew's current secret hideout is.

Comment

Old Citadel

After she got no response of course, she continued down the path, a merry spring in her step as she seemingly got closer and closer to the hideout unknowingly. She kept peering around, noticing a few more cameras here and there. She even noticed the bird, probably because it eemed a little stiff.

"Hey Mr. Bird, you okay?" Koishi asked the fake bird, as it at in silence, even as Koishi went up to it.

"Mr. Bird?" Koishi tapped it a bit, until it fell over and onto the ground below.

"Mr. Bird!" Koishi quickly picked it up, cradling the plastic bird in her arms. "There there, it's all right now. We'll find someone who can take care of ya'."

With that, she continued, bird underneath her arm.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Excelsior HQ

Lux turned around when Drake talked to her. "I was only there for a few missions so I dont remember everyone that was there and........ Call me sweetcheeks again and a sexual harassment charge will follow." She said before turning around and heading to the shooting range.

(sorru for late reply, been kinda hectic irl)
              "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Excelsior HQ

Drake smirked under his mask as he backed started walking backwards with arms outstretched as if he was about to say 'come at me bro'.
                "Really? That the best threat you got? Look I called others here far worse than sweetcheeks and I haven't ONCE been truly punished for it. Well... got a black eye once, but that was from one of the guys. Besides calling someone a 'sweetcheeks' doesn't violate code, girl. Besides I had worked a part-time job at a small store before and 'sweetcheeks' isn't entirely sexual harrassment. Now if I copped a feel then yeah it'd be sexual harrassment. So unless I actually get PHYSICAL... well... you can't really do much. Besides... one of Excelsior's sharpest crackshots with a bow can settle for someone better." Drake said with a chuckle, which showed that he's just doing this to get under her skin. Not out of malice, but rather because he finds it a little fun.

Though he lowered his arms and put his hands on his hips as he shook his head.

"Tsk... I was going to warn you about something important... but I cannot remember as of this very moment in time..." Spoke Drake rather slowly... and in a way that showed it was an obvious lie. He knew it was a lie himself and if she could see his face, she'd know he's just doing it to try and get under her skin even more. He then turned around as he put one hand in his pocket before giving a lazy wave as he walked away... but... towards the shooting range.

Old Citadel

Andrew was too busy taking notes to pay much attention to what she was doing... but when the sound of one of his cameras going into static began blaring throughout his little secret hideout, he jumped before looking up at the monitor. The camera he could recognize... it was one of the cameras near his base. In fact when it started flickering between static and actual footage he could see that it was being carried and faintly he could hear 'Mister Bird'... This made Andrew begin to panic more and more as he quickly got up and began frantically running back and forth.

The sound of his footsteps echoed throughout his little hideout, but from the outside his screams of panic could not be heard. However outside the hideout and in the basement, a small redlight began flashing. A security warning light that he had accidentally triggered when he had began running throughout the hideout. This red light flashed throughout the basement, and faintly could be seen from the window of a nearby building. As the light shined up through the stairs and into the main lobby of said building.
                Last edited by SUSTIC; 03-05-2016, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Old Citadel

Koishi, out of the corner of her eye, noticed the red light flashing. She peeked her head through the window it flashed from, peering back and forth with curiosity. Nobody inside. So, she did the obvious thing, breaking the window's frame, and going through the hole. Nobody would notice, she was pretty sure.

She moved quietly down the steps, hearing the growing sound of quick pacing. Before that was the aforementioned light, rapidly clicking on and off like a child who got a hold of a light-switch. Below it lied a heavy-set door, which Koishi simply went up and knocked on gently. It barely made a sound.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Old Citadel

To say that she had a bittersweet feeling was an understatement, the hunter was using the city´s buildings as platforms to travel around, a pamphlet on her gloved hand with the bounty of a hacker ("An organization with such prestige should have a better equipment against this kind of raids") she thought stopping her speed by holding on an antenna. This world was so similar to the one of her own universe, but it at least wasn´t on the overrun phase yet.

Kyra took her palm and willed a small drone to materialize, she was happy that her Ghost had a back up memory within her inventory, and even better, he was sarcastic as ever "You know" the robotic being spoke "Why did we end up in an universe so similar to ours? you could have asked that machine to take you to a vacational galaxy, but yet we are here, thank you" his tone was mocking the Guardian, but they both knew it was more to keep the good mood rather than hurt.

"When we meet Atheon again, I will personally scold him" the hunter responded "Or maybe you could try, your persuasive skills might sway that robot´s point of view" she just received a glare from the flying object. The Ghost made a shrugging gesture with its "spikes" and then looked at their target "I managed to find an old building with a rather high consumption of energy and many cameras surrounding it, seems that our hacker is in there"

Preparing her rifle, the hunter aimed at one of the few visible cameras and smiled within her helmet "Then lets distract them" she said and fired, the shot would break the surveillance device.
                    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Old Citadel

The chaos that Andrew was experiencing as he began panicking was enough for him to completely miss the very faint sound of Koishi's knocking. Andrew was too busy focused on getting his hide out of there. He had several hidden tunnels from this base. Each of which was incredibly well hidden. They were well blended into the walls and floor. They looked just like the surrounding walls and floor to the point where one would not even notice them. Hell the one in the center of the floor is hidden under a rug. Figuring that the secret tunnel exit under his rug would be the best choice to use, he pushed a button on his small watch which caused the secret floor-matching door hiding under the rug to unlock with a loud clang. Andrew then prepared to pull the rug out of the way as he was about to climb into the tunnel... that was when he heard it from the speakers on his computer.

The loud sound of a gunshot then static rang out through the room. Andrew knew this full well as someone having shot one of his cameras.

"Oh crap oh shit! This is NOT good!" Andrew yelled as he jumped into the secret underground tunnel to his base.... only for him to get stuck halfway as this tunnel happened to be a tad too small. This prompted him to began yelling and complaining about how the people he hired to build this tunnel did not follow the right measurements. So now Andrew is forced to remain stuck in the small tunnel entrance in the floor.

Meanwhile outside... the small control panel to the door to his hideout was hanging open, obviously one of the hinges was really loose. It revealed the control panel with a keypad for some kind of code... presumeably to the door.

EXCELSIOR HQ

Just as Lux was about to enter the Shooting Range the sound of the intercoms rang out, and calling her name.

"Agent Lux, Scout Class Number 13476 please report to the nearest Commanding Officer. We have a mission for you."
                      The intercoms rang out... for all to hear. This prompted Drake, who was only 6-7 feet away from her to smirk under his mask as turn to face her... He was a Captain after all, and the nearest commanding officer...

"Well if I recall you said your name was Lux huh? Welp. Looks like since I'M the closest 'Commanding Officer', you will be stuck with me." He said as he stopped heading towards the Shooting Gallery, and rather towards the armory.
                      Last edited by SUSTIC; 03-08-2016, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Excelsior HQ

Lux just wanted to ignore him and practice some shooting. "There's a thing called verbal harassment." She thought as she was about to entrr the range when an announcement gor her was made. Drake then talked and Lux didn't want to be with him. "What is the mission......sir?" Lux said saluting.

Comment

((edited something in my last post. Something minor.))
                          Excelsior HQ

Drake walked forward as he drew back one of his sleeves revealing some... rather new and pristine looking cybernetic arms with a small screen on one of the forearms. Drake looked at the small screen on his arm as he read the mission info he had received. It was quite simple. A distress signal of sorts located in... an old Warehouse in Old Citadel. He also got the details as to why Lux is being sent on this mission alone.

He then spoke up in a tone of voice that wasn't as snide, snarky, or... uncaring. Rather his voice had a bit more sense of proffesionalism and seriousness to it.
                          "A Distress Signal was picked up in an old Warehouse in Old Citadel. They want you to check it out, and they want someone of a higher rank to oversee the mission. It's a rather solo mission. No other squad members. Just you, and me darling. Apparently it's part of a test for you. I don't know the details about this test, but whatever it is consider yourself a bit lucky soldier." He said as he continued to walk towards the Armory to prepare.

Comment

Old Citadel

After the knocking didn't amount to anything, she looked to the side to see a small keypad.

"Ooo, fancy." Koishi whispered as the buttons faintly glowed.

She then looked over to the plastic bird. "Oh, what's that Mr. Bird?" She put her ear right up to it. "Oh, that's pretty simple."

She then looked over to the keypad, putting in a set of numbers carefully and somewhat slowly, before hitting the enter button.

Comment

Excelsior HQ

When Lux heard that a distress signal was coming from the Old Citadel, she was disappointed that it wasn't from Chateau. "Understood. Heading out immediately." She said as she now heads to where her bike is at. "I hope he stops with the flirt talk. It is annoying." She says to herself as she pulls out her X Mirage from under her jacket and checks it over.

Comment

Old Citadel

"I found more cameras on the area, they are pretty well hidden for the normal eye, and there is a system of underground caves, looks like our hacker has quite the resources to make a building both a base and have escape routes" the Ghost spoke as Kyra went down to the ground level towards the slightly hidden door. Her friend started making his way to the key pad "Numeric codes.. this is for small kids" he commented earning a chuckle from the huntress as the door opened.

The Guardian had her auto rifle at hand as they entered the hacker´s base, her senses were trying to find traps as the Ghost was making search for intel regarding the target, their objective was to collect the computer specialist to both interrogate him or her and try to recruit them to the organization, she had the idea of terminating the target to avoid the hassle of having them escaping, since this person managed to get into the files of her contractor, surely they could also escape their cells.
                                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X