X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Citadel

After being pulled out he just sighed in annoyance at the mention of the flashing light. When Koishi slammed the hatch down he was relieved for the most part, and paid no attention to the ghost except an eye shrug before it went in and back out through the whole before Koishi had slammed it shut.

Andrew turned to Koishi and snatched the bird and looked at it for a few minutes before hearing a loud bang followed by the huntress climbing up through the now larger hole in the ground. This absolutely scared Andrew as he quickly tossed the bird up into the air out of fear, fell back onto his ass, and then proceeded to quickly crawl under the lone desk in his room. Shaking, looking scared out of his mind, and also quite annoyed and angry.

He then proceeded to call out loud 'WHY IS IT NOW THAT I'M FOUND!? I SWEAR IF I GET OUT OF THIS ALIVE I'M GOING TO GET BACK AT THOSE SHITTY ASS 'MECHANICS'!!" He yelled as he cowered under his desk... he then glanced up and noticed the red button on the underside of the desk that was for 'emergencies only'. Seeing it he looked at the others and gave them a grin as he lightly pushed the button.... but nothing happened. He pushed it again and again but nothing happened. It was supposed to inform the 'bodyguards' he hired to come rushing in and open fire while he escapes, but the button was disabled for some reason. This left him looking at the others in the room with nothing more than a blank stare as nervous sweat began to drip down from his face. This was... kinda hilarious seeing this kid who is supposed to be the hacker from the reports, to have everything backfiring on him.

Comment

Old Citadel

"Mr. Bird!" Koishi barely snatched it out of the air, holding it close, before turning to Kyra.

"Hey, you almost made him hurt Mr. Bird!" she pointed at Kyra accusingly. "Birds are people too, you know!"

"And nuh uh, not going. Mr. Bird needs help from kitty fella." Koishi made a pouty face, arms crossed and cradling the plastic bird, which would likely be uncomfortable if it was an actual creature.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Old Citadel

(The inocence of youth) was the first thing that the Guardian thought as she gazed at the girl, she had her job and since the hacker seemed to be cornered, she could let this go "Well then, I will wait for him to help your friend then" she spoke to the green haired girl, her tone was calm and showed sympathy to her. Yet it came back to professionalism as the helmeted huntress looked at the boy "Escaping will make things worse, I actually want to know how you managed to hack into the institution, but I assume it was a walk through the park for how my Ghost managed to also get some intel from their servers too."
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

((reserving ))

Comment

Old Citadel

Andrew simply looked at the two with a rather annoyed, angry, and rather cautious stare before he sighed in annoyanceand crawled out. He then walked over to Koishi and took the mechanical bird from her hands, after which he walked over to his desk and took a screw driver out. He layd the bird on the table and opened up a small panel covered in feathers on the back as he then took out a few other tools and began working on fixing the bird. As he worked on it he spoke to the Huntress.

"Seriously? You want to know? Gee I'm not sure that you would understand... but I'll at least try to explain it. It's easy. I first found the main network, traced through it until I hit firewalls and password inputs. I then designed a bit of a small, relatively harmless virus that just took out the need of a Password, then worked on getting through the firewall. Developed a program with some data then used that program to get into the deeper files. That's essentially the gist of the simple bit. There was a lot more stuff I needed to do. A lot of very difficult and complex programs and network routing I had to do. Oh and I must say, the data I found out about Excelsior is absolutely Scandalous. I would say what it is I found, but I'm afraid it's 'top secret'. Though I could say one thing about it. The info I do have if revealed to the public can more-or-less change how the general public really views EXCELSIOR. Something I contemplated doing once, but then I figured... What'd be the fun in that?" He said as he finished working on the bird. He screwed the panel back onto it's back and flipped a switch. The bird then turned it's head back and forth like an actual bird, but on a set schedule of once every minute or so. It also flapped it's wings once in a while.

It didn't really have an AI. It was after all designed to just sit there and look like a bird. So once he's done he handed it to Koishi to make her happy. He then sat on his desk and looked at the Huntress.

"Though with you here I can actually bargain with you now... I know a lot of things about Old Citadel, the Bandits, and quite a bit of Nasty stuff about EXCELSIOR that could actually help you out. Hell. I could even probably outpay them if I really wanted to. I could potentially pay you off and not be hunted down anymore... but that'd be way too easy. So. You willing to do a little bargaining? For my freedom? I know I sure as hell am."

Comment

Old Citadel

The huntress thought about it for a moment, she wasnīt affiliated to this EXCELSIOR organization, but there were many who followed it as the hope for humanity. "Tell you what, you tell me what you found so I can know whether or not get into this deal of yours" she spoke and then pointed out "As you said, things can go crazy if you show whatever that you found, but what is the scale of how far it would go?" she asked.
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Old Citadel

Andrew chuckled at how compliant the Huntress was with his little wager. It was clear that right now he has a bit of the advantage here with his info... After smiling and whispering something to himself that his hacking is finally pulling through for him, he turned to her and spoke. "Well it would leave the general populace feeling like EXCELSIOR is potentially sending innocent lives to their deaths on suicide missions. As well as Cyberos Labs and EXCELSIOR both working on capturing and experimenting on Drifters... Some of the info of which I can't really hack into, but I did get a glitched up audio log. Does that sound good enough to warrant my freedom?"

Comment

Old Citadel

The huntress shook her head as she spoke "There are some problems with what you told me, the first one being the suicide missions, it isnīt common to have something of that caliber, and the ones who go do it voluntarily, while it isnīt posted in public, it is more because of the respect out for the families of the ones involved rather than to hide them, we are in a war for survival, actions must be made.

"The second problem are the experiments, while some animal rights organization might react poorly at this, the populace would have the justification of EXCELSIOR trying to find better weakspots against the Drifter attacks, so that also goes down" the Guardian pointed out still unconvinced. "Letīs hear the audio"

Spoiler:

Comment

Old Citadel

"Tsk I could always say that they are literally sending unaware rookies to purposefully be killed off on High Ranking missions that are being relabelled as "Scouting Missions". Seriously within 4 months they have sent at least 30-33 CHILDREN out that were then labelled 'Missin-in-Action.' That sure does sound mostly suspicious. Especially with how they don't even seem to inform a lot of the higher-ranking members. Only the Commanders are really aware of this. Even then it's only a small handful of the Commanders that are aware." He said as he then walked to his computer. "Either way you look at it they are still sending children who are labelled 'Missing-in-Action' shortly after being sent out on these missions. As if they are trying to hide something." Andrew spoke as he then went through his computer and opened up the audio log...

The audio seemed to be of one of the Researchers of Cyberos experimenting on the drifter's... The audio was... interesting.

"Day 31 of Drifter Containment Observation. The Drifter we had captured at-" The audio quickly cuts out before continuing. "has been showing signs of increased intelligence. We left the Drifter to it's own devices, and within a short amount of time it has grown smarter- Subject pacified at-" *insert missing audio here* "They... they grow... they are... advancing... more intelligent more intriguing. Drifter attempt communication yesterday it asked-" The audio cuts out for quite some time as it goes to statis... before continuing back up.

"The President of EXCELSIOR. He does not want this to go public. He ordered extermination on subject at 3AM Tomorrow morning. This creature does not deserve it... Euthanization is my best option... It'll make it's death quick-" The audio cuts out completely... Followed by

"End of Recording" Said in a rather monotone voice as the recording ended.

After that Andrew turned to the Huntress and crossed his arms.

"So? Thoughts now?"

Comment

Old Citadel

The Ghost was the one who replied for the Guardian "Excuse me, but how can we know you didnīt tamper with the file? the information you gave us is bogus at best and with how ineffective your base was built, it is highly possible that you could also be a mere kid trying to pose as our target" the small robotīs ge went back to the blade dancer "I say we take him to the authorities and we do our own research."

The Guardian looked at the cat boy and then at her companion "Sounds acceptable for me" she spoke and then looked again at Andrew "You got two options, either come willingly with us or Iīll have to knock or incapacitate you to take you to the EXCSELCIOR building.

Spoiler:

Comment

Old Citadel

Andrew sighs at that response.

"Listen that stuff is the truth. Hell how about you look up this info right now. I'm sure that machine of yours can do such a thing. Search up 'Andrew Smith. Age 17. Graduate of Gale High School at age 15, Child Prodigy Andrew Smith. IQ of 297. That info is easily accessible. Besides a Drone like the one you have Ma'am, should have a standard scan function. Should be able to check and see that the files were NOT tampered with. Believe me I'm not just 'some kid'. I'm the Hacker you were sent after. The reason this place's security is so faulty is because I happened to do the most idiotic mistake of having some freaking bandits work on the security. Of THIS base. I have more. The tunnels I have hidden all over this hideout counts to about 3. Each one leading to a different hideout of mine, and the one you came in through was a secret exit I was SUPPOSED to have. Besides I also know of a way to get into the Black Market if it interests you. With that info you can have it shut down, or get some goodies for yourself Like I did for my hideouts. Because honestly I am willing to give you any info you need, hell I can probably pay you right now if I wanted so you can leave me the fuck alone." The young man responded quite harshly and bluntly as he sat down on his bean bag chair.

Comment

Old Citadel

Seeing that Andrew was done with his rather.. direct speech, Kyra nodded at her Ghost who spoke for her "Voice sync confirmed, Andrew Smith." the little Light floated towards him and made a quick scan of the maleīs body, quickly going back to the hunterīs reach "We got what we needed, even a declaration of who he is and his actions" her said and let the blade dancer speak.

"Seems that you made my job easier, although we already had enough evidence of who you are, that declaration just sealed the fact of you being our target" the hunter talked while holding her auto rifle with both hands, but still not aiming at Andrew "I still will take you to the authorities though, a job is a job" she was calm in the whole speech and then showed a hint of sympathy "I will make sure they donīt kill nor torture you, just come with me and we will all be ok"

Spoiler:

Comment

Old Citadel

"Hey!" Koishi waved even though the others were quite close. "He helped Mr. Bird! And the police people are mean and stuff. Leave 'em alone, or we'll have to do.. what was the word?" Koishi rubbed her chin before putting up her fists in an almost comical looking fighting stance, bird in place under her elbow as it's head swiveled.

"Yeah, fisticuffs! You gotta put up your dukes! Or your sallies, if that's what you prefer!" Koishi wobbled a bit back and forth in place.
                            Last edited by Koishi; 03-21-2016, 08:21 PM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Old Citadel

The youing cat boy raised his hand in the air as he agreed with Koishi.

"I agree with her! I fixed the bird so I don't have to go!" He joked as he continued to just browse the internet on his computer before responding more.... seriously.

"Besides it really might not be the best idea to take me in. Not unless you want a large group of people in this city to become pissed. I've been fixing machines and electronics here and been providing services for a lot of people around here. Then again that's not really a problem for an organization like EXCELSIOR or a mercenary like you. Though if I were suddenly to disappear it'd might leave a sour taste in the mouths of one of the gangs in the neighborhood." Andrew spoke as he stood up.

"Too think I ran away to escape the pressures of society. Everyone wanted to me to join their university, or work for them. Had at least 3-4 forced interviews a day because my parents wanted 'what's best for ME' without ever asking once about my feelings. I never wanted to be a prodigy. But noooo. People found out and decides to swarm me." The young lad had spoken as he then turned off his computer.

"Shoulda kept low Andrew... Should have kept low... Now where has Karma gotten me? With corrupted info and mercenaries up the ass and now I'm going to be turned in and much like how Excelsior does it, the news will go viral. People will find out that the 'prodigy' they once knew is now a criminal and will be bashing it. Boy is Karma a bitch?" Andrew carelessly replied as he stood up from his desk, walked over to his fridge and took out the raw fish fillet. Without thinking much of it he took a bite and turned to the others.

"Honestly I think a bullet in my head or even my foot at least will do me better. In fact why don't you shoot me huh? At least in the shoulder. So it looks like I went down with a fight." He said with a sarcastic smile as he approached the Huntress.

Meanwhile:

After a bit more driving the duo of Drake and Lux finally made it to the city of Old Citadel. Once there Drake parked his vehicle and took out it's data storage cube. When the vehicle was converted back into data, Drake put the cube up as he turned to Lux.

"So. Are ya ready?"

Comment

Old Citadel

Lux sped up some not to lose Drake from her sight and then they arrived. "Yes. So where is the warehouse?" She asks as she talks a white card with the same symbol as her X Mirage has and her bike went into it and puts the card away.
                                "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Working...
                                X