Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taboo | How To slay A Kishin IC (PROLOG MODE)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven - Midgar International Airport

"Of course I've heard of them. A 3 female team of the quickest hunters ever to slay kishins. I'm confinded in my speed but there's no way I can come close to theirs. But what I'm surprised about is that I'm talking, so to speak, to a daughter of one of them." Yuuki said giving another stretch.
    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Haven ~ Midgar International Airport

Lightning Sisters? Azur thought, Wait, she's a daughter to one of the Lightning Sisters? Wow, never really knew that. Azur heard about the Lightning Sisters from a Solaran friend of his. Apparently, they had an academy situated in New Gaia, dubbed the Akari Academy. "Daughter of the Lightning Sisters," Azur stated, "Do you know Miss Akari, perhaps? A friend of mine was in her school before he came to Haven." By now, Azur was generally interested although his mother opposed their fighting style, as they were "quality over quantity." Three toasts to depleted uranium.
      Spoiler:

tfw someone tries to shitpost

"Do not fear duress of any kind, even if determined or even pure;
      rather, fear the clout of the glaring mantle at your side, ready to conserve."

Comment

Haven | Midgar International Airport

"Yes, we know her. In fact, we just transferred from Akari Academy, if the uniform tells you anything." Miu looked down at her lightning bolt pin on her left lapel, a gift from Akane herself. Thinking back to the times she spent with her mother and Akane caused her to momentarily let a tiny smile pass on her lips. "Growing up under them really gave Miu an edge in her early years, but there's only so much retired fighters can teach."

Comment

It was really quite impressive for Azur to meet a daughter of one of the Lightning Sisters. It was like... meeting a celebrity. Now interested, Azur was curious about her abilities. Although not as experienced as most with Aura, Azur wanted to know what her ability was. "If I may ask," Azur questioned, "what is your aura? I mean, after all, you ARE a descendant from one of the Lightning Sisters." Azur inferred that she probably had two separate auras, since Rosa was a... second entity. Albeit he hoped that she wouldn't ask about his aura, he was still quite interested, coming from a daughter of a Lightning Sister.
          Spoiler:

Comment

Haven - Midgar International Airport

"Hold up a second. Asking a girl what her aura is is like asking her what her sizes are. Not only that it also like revealing your trump card at the start of a fight. So save asking that until you get on a team." Yuuki says to Azur seriously. "Don't you agree as well Rosa?" She asks.
            "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

"I agree completely on part of the trump card, as such I will not tell you what Miu can do. I will however tell you that my Aura strengthens Miu, making up for her tiny stature. Miu and I are two halves of a whole, we are strong together. Use this information how you will, but I assure you that separating us will not be an easy task." Miu met their eyes with an unwavering gaze, reinforcing Rosa's point.

Comment

Azur was curious as to why everyone was being so defensive about their Aura. Wow, Azur thought, People really are defensive about their Aura... Quickly acknowledging that he made a--bit--of a personal question Azur apologized, "Oh, sorry about that. You see-- I just discovered what Aura is a few hours back from my doctor. I've been fighting Kishin for three days straight and my Aura just... came, on the last day." Is Aura really that important towards others? For Azur, the only thing he knew about his is it's an extremely strong barrier, but he is unable to deploy it. Aura really is a foreign concept to me... Azur stated, Is it some kind of defensive ability? Offensive ability? Or the latter? Knowing that he hasn't really given them a hint of what his Aura is, Azur said, "All I pretty much know about my aura is that it's a strong-ass barrier; however, I have like absolutely no idea how to control it. For now, it just deploys on its own. Probably my conscience or something, but yeah." Although he practically called out everything he knew about his Aura, he wasn't really worried, since he was confident in his raw ability to fight back.
                Spoiler:

Comment

Balefire Academy | Forest

Yuru kept her calm, eerie as she spoke to the blond swordsman. Her constant expression made it impossible to tell what she was thinking. "Oh so you did get it out? That must have been painful. Anyway i'm not the one hunting down kishin remember? that's the student's job. I'm just there to beat up some minors. Did you want them for experimentation or something? I certainly hope you're not sympathizing with these useless creatures." she said as she took one of her own cookies, popping it into her mouth and eating it in one go. ("Kinda wish I had brought milk, nah it would probably go bad in the sunlight huh?")

Comment

Hank seemingly slipped by unnoticed, leaning against the side of a tree to the group's side as he listened quietly. In his hands lied a very large rifle, a .50 caliber. He hefted it casually, adjusting the scope and occasionally gazing down it to test it.

"Useless is a improper term when it comes to Kishin." he spoke up, finally, his monotone voice clear as day. "That implies that they can't do anything well. That is wrong." Hank continued. "They are very, very proficient at killing. That is why this academy exists in the first place." he finished, checking the rifle's magazine.

"Though I would guess killing them would make it easier for the students. We can not have that, so only kill if absolutely necessary to preserve lives."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Balefire Academy | Staff Lounge

"Well either way, I'm going to talk with the both of them later. I still don't know enough about Hank to read him, but Amelia seems rather cynical, perhaps in a potentially dangerous way in the fact that it could cloud her mind.", Saki said as her smile lessened as her eyes narrowed in thought. It was rather clear that Saki was intent on learning their true natures as soon as possible. As for what reason, that was not known. When Hartman asked his other question in an attempt to change the topic, Saki gave a light frown before shrugging.

"By that point, he may come after us because we could be considered threats. When a being of such power knows everything, can do anything, and is everything, what other desires could it have except to preserve itself? We know little about him, about whether or not it even has a personality. Without that, we cannot predict what he will do next. He could either go off to float in darkness until time itself rots and decays, or he could decide to abuse his power. Either way, we have to assume the worst until we can gather more information.", Saki said before partially mimicking what Hartman did and rested her face against one of her hands.

Aeron thought for a moment as he considered Lucy's plan, and quickly decided that he would support it. It would only be beneficial to Lucy's efforts to acclimate to civilian life if she started it off with positive experiences, and Aeron would make sure she would get them. Besides, even if the girl Lucy had talked to did stray from the path, Aeron had a trick up his sleeve to keep Lucy and himself on the right track.

"Right. We'll follow the person you talked to earlier and get there in no time.", Aeron said to Lucy with a not of his head. Contrary to what she was expecting, it seemed the boy was not bothered by her forgetting where the gate was. After speaking, Aeron decided that he would take the lead and began to follow Diana, albeit from a distance that suggested he wasn't following her.
                      Originally posted by S121
                      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                      sigpic

Comment

Balefire Academy | Staff Lounge

Hartman closed his eyes for a few moments, meditation on what should be done next. It was true, they still had plenty of time before the being would awaken, however that didn't make Hartman feel any better. If they didn't find this Taboo character soon then.... he didn't even want to think about what might happen. "Then I suppose we just need to have faith in our hunters and huntresses. And in you of cores, you've been very helpful through all of this. One things for sure though. We're not going down without a fight." Hartman seemed to regain his composure with the small words of encouragement he spoke to himself.

Yuru's cat ears seemed to react to the man's voice the moment she spoke. It was unclear whether or not she had known about him before, but she didn't seem surprised to hear him. After all it made sense that he would be here, where else was there to go? When she heard what he had to say she gave him the same smile as before along with a light giggle. "Well you're not wrong there. They are indeed proficient killers. But a creature that can only kill is even more worthless than one who can do nothing. In the end all they can hope to become is a pawn, a tool to be used and disposed of."

She shrugged her shoulders and closed her eyes during the next part. At least a useless being has the potential to love or be loved or do somethng else. Take big fat house catss for example. all they do is lay around, eat, sleep and poop, but somehow people still love them because they consider them part of the family. If you ask me, that's a much better existence then being a mindless killer." Yuru didn't really expect either of them to understand her point of veiw, but she still had a small shread of hope that her words would sink in just a little.

Lucy smiled and nodded her head at Aeron's suggestion, following closely behind him as he walked. Eventually they were in viewing distance. She saw her brother occasionally looking over at Diana to make sure they were still going in the right direction and eventually got curious at what he was staring at. That's when she saw the viking herself. "OH WOW YOU FOUND HER! good job, you've got a really good eye. I'm impressed. she said complementing him. However she had done so rather loudly and it was sur to alert the viking unless she had suddenly been struck completely deaf by how she tried to lessen her own senses.

Comment

Cecilia looked over all the different gates there were. Due to her family, being at the airport wasn't anything new. In fact, she probably came here 1-3 times each month. Due to this she had no problem finding out what gate she was supposed to be at. What was new for her was that this wasn't any sort of business trip. Once she arrived at the academy, she would stay the for quite some time. Her biggest concern was that it would be boring. She already had quite a few years where she had fought Kishin, so fighting them wasn't any problem. Of course she couldn't actually say that. To the outside world she was the daughter of a wealthy family that had decided a bit late that she wanted to be a huntress. She was lucky that her father had actually given her any choice at all.

When looking over all the people for her, it was clear how many of them were going to Balefire. How many of them would actually make it through the entrance exam. Not everyone she saw looked ready to fight. She kind of had to small hope that the entrance exam would give her the chance to show that to some of these students what fighting really mean herself.

Just then she heard a voice yell "OH WOW YOU FOUND HER!". Cecilia knew that she had heard that voice before, but she had problems remembering exactly from who. Then she remembered that Aeron had apparently just gotten a little sister. Cecilia had only seen her one other time as it was rather recent that Aeron's father had taken her inn, but there was nothing quite like that voice. Cecilia looked towards the voice and sure enough there she saw Aeron and his little sister. She the proceeded to drag her luggage over there so she could say hello. "I didn't expect you to be here? I thought you didn't like fighting too much. Weren't you going to focus on making weapons and such" she asked Aeron once she got over there.
                          Born in the light.
                          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                          Keep Fighting.
                          –Don't Forget.
                          Always, somewhere,
                          someone is fighting for you.
                          –As long as you remember her,
                          you are not alone.

Comment

"That is an animal trained through centuries of breeding and being around people. You must consider that they too were once wild, ravenous creatures, and are probably less intelligent than the Kishin have shown. An individual Kishin is unimportant, expendable. But that is but one cell of a body." Hank continued, holstering the rifle on a back-mount.

"They just devour. It's their singular purpose. Something that something such as cats lack. They don't have hierarchy, or culture, or even language. You may consider them worthless..." Hank's goggles glinted slightly. "But you forget the possibility that that is their purpose, at least individually. But as a whole, they've been fairly successful in their intent. Driven humanity and whatever else behind walls that can not, will not last forever." Hank's tone darkened as he finished.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

"A living being" Vega spoke as she looked at the sky "No matter from where it comes, has the chance to overcome its natural shackles, while a beast can be violent, it can also be calm and tame, it is in life´s way of acting that we have gained the ability to do what we think it is best, even the kishin are living beings who have evolved in countless of years, they have developed both physical and emotionally" The words of the feren were completely different as her normal serious and commanding tone. They were laced with experience and serenity.
                              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Hank simply shook his head, not even bothering to reply with words. He felt he had said enough, and had certainly seen enough of them on the battlefield, with his many months outside the walls. His observation of them said otherwise. They were unlike animals, unlike beasts. They were more akin to drones in his experience. Just more pieces to be cut down. He felt at unease here. He preferred to be killing. At least he didn't have to talk to people.

Comment

Working...
                                X