Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taboo | How To slay A Kishin IC (PROLOG MODE)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven Skies

Yuuki started to sweat with a 'oh crap' face on her.

Crap crap crap crap crap. I had a rifle pointed in her direction and caused some trouble for her too. If word gets back to the family....... Yuuki thought as the ship took off and worrying about what could happen.

Yuuki went to say something after thinking for a few minutes on what to say and a screen popped up with the headmaster giving the details of the exam, basically stopping Yuuki in her tracks and getting her attention.

A kishin free for all hunt with some collecting involved. She thought as the exam details somehow calms her down enough to talk to Setsuna. As soon as the details ended, she went over to Setsuna. "Who knew it would be something like this?" She asked Setsuna, unaware of what's underneath Setsuna.

Meanwhile, sitting down and leaning on some railings on the back deck of the plane is a short fox feren named Lu, just there enjoying the wind from the plane in the butterfly position.
    Last edited by Zekai; 04-04-2016, 03:29 AM.
    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Haven Airspace | Balefire Airship

Ashlewi had been calmly standing among the students, attempting to blend in but failing horribly. Needless to say, the prim and proper noble girl stood out like a sore thumb due to her formal attire--but she would wear no less. She shot disapproving looks at those dressed like common harlots and miscreants of society. If they were going to be the elite protectorate of the world, shouldn't they at least attempt to look the part? It was no matter, though. Like any new school, there would be those who simply didn't understand what it meant to try. Certainly, some of these so-called students were destined to die, and it would fall on Ashlewi to save as many of the idiots as possible while keeping herself alive. That was the duty of a Huntress.

As the television screens flashed to life Ashlewi spared them a glance, more interested in the reactions of the people around her. A Television was easy enough to watch and understand, but a person, a whole mass of them at that, was something to be learned. Who was skilled? Who could learn from Ashlewi and who could Ashlewi learn from? As the man came onto the screen Ashlewi frowned. She was hoping for someone more serious. He spoke, warning them of the dangers, then the camera panned to the side, showing the slaughter of the life around.

Disgusting....

People began to flee the ship, as if their lives depended on it. Of course, it did, if they wanted to stay. They had already been given the option to leave, however. There was no need to rush and make themselves out to be even less of the people they actually were. There was no shame in admitting that you weren't prepared, so why were they being so shameful? Ashlewi was not scared, impressed, or awestruck. She had already seen bodies torn apart and made lifeless. What appalled her was how unprofessional the academy had already proven itself to be by allowing Kishin to roam freely and kill. When Hartman announced that the Kishin had colored tags--meaning they had been prepared for this hunt beforehand--Ashlewi's nose crinkled slightly. She was far to dignified to let that man provoke a scowl from her, but the temptation was there....

She looked around at everyone starting to form pairs, trios and quartets, but simply stood there. She didn't know if she wanted to be with others. She knew for certain that she could not logically fight a kishin on her own, but she didn't know who to ask or inquire about partnership. Who would have skills to compliment her own, and vice versa? No one was even asking that of each other. They simply decided to be partners from the start, regardless of potential flaws in strategy. No one was putting enough thought into this life or death situation. To that end, Ashlewi simply stood there, contemplating her options.

Then, in another sterling example of faculty incompetence, the Ship lurched forward. Ashlewi was able to catch herself, but did stumble a bit and was certainly prepared to roll into action like the super gymnast she was, but it was only a brief disturbance. The pilot announced she was falling asleep at the helm. She let out her first oratory sound since entering the ship; a disappointed sigh.
      I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

As the maiden left my presence, so too did my heart.

Comment

Airship

"Pretty disappointed, huh?" came a fairly high pitched voice to Ash's left. If she were to look, the source was far unlike her prim and proper attire. Wearing a fairly wrinkled orangish yellow shirt and black waistcoat, The girl known as Koishi looked at Ashlewi closely, like someone observing a lost animal, her head even tilted slightly. The strange eye and it's cords wrapped around her did similar, even though the eye was closed.

"Wonder why. Lots o' opportunities awaitin' ya'." she continued, ever looking with her olive-green marbles. Her head backed off a bit and she rubbed her chin in thought as she gazed off the the sky. "Is it the potpourri? No, no, that stuff' fresh, and everybody like potpourri..."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Cecilia was mostly just making strategies for most of the time, while most other people were just talking around. Good for her, meant less people to compete against. When the TV went on and announced what type of exam it would be, Cecilia immediately saw that all her planning had paid off. One of the places she had made strategies for was the forest near the school, which was apparently where the exam would be held. After that, Cecilia decided to look over her strategies a bit more, and incorporate the information she had just learned into them.

When the Airship suddenly did one big swoop however, Cecilia decided that she needed to look around a bit and see what people she would be fighting. She had originally been a bit reluctant to go as the rouge, but she soon saw that it would be necessary. Lots of small group of people were teaming up around her. She had two options here. Either she could join into one of those teams and then stab them in the back when the time was right. Definitively not the most honorable strategy, but it would also work quite well. The other option she had was to go on her own and then swoop in when some of the teams began to have to infighting. So far the second option seemed better and less riskier for her. She found a private toilet and changed to the attire and other stuff she used while going around as the rouge, both to not be seen as Cecilia Gray, who she really was, and to be more prepared for the battlefield. She also released two small flying drones that would help her cover more ground in less time. The rest of the case she left in a place where she knew where she would find it.

For some five minutes or so she just walked around while trying to see what people she would be fighting. That was when she stumbled upon Ashlewi, a girl in a family that her own family sometimes visited, that is, before they were attacked and almost completely killed by kishin. Luckily for Cecilia, Ash probably wouldn't recognize her at the moment. "You know that the others that fled the ship already left right? I mean, look at yourself, you look like you're going to some official meeting or something, not a battlefield. Sure you need dress for the occasion, but this is NOT how to dress for the occasion" Cecilia said with a harsh tone, while slightly changing her voice to not be recognized. She knew roughly where she had to hit too, because of the few times she had met Ash herself. Just then, one of the small flying drones came into Ashes face, looking at her for a second, before continuing to fly around again. "If you're looking for a team, just don't. They're a bad idea. If you team up with 3 other people, that translates into 7.5% LESS chance for you to come in. You need to be able to say with complete confidence that your are 110% sure that you will get in no matter what. I think no one can say that. You also need to consider what happens if you don't manage to get enough tags. I'll tell you what happens. Infighting happens. So is it worth the risk? I'd say only if you can't fight Kishin and people on your own, and that's why you're here anyway isn't it? I mean, I really shouldn't even be telling you as it lowers my own chances, but meh, can let one thing go trough now and then I guess" Cecilia said, her tone still kind of harsh, trying to get her acquaintance to not fail miserable.
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          someone is fighting for you.
          –As long as you remember her,
          you are not alone.

Comment

Balefire Academy | Forest

Releasing the hold on her sword, Amelia looked at the other teachers and headmaster "So far, the forest is ready for the students, although I wonder how they will act, gods know we need hunters that think outside the box." she commented.

For the veteran huntress, anyone coukd achieve something great, but to be able to cross that gap, a person needed something beyond its capabilities. Sure he or she could be a survivalist and have the skill to fight, but there was this element that only few would discover, and that was what made great hunters.
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

A girl had attempted to speak to Ashlewi, but the manner in which she spoke made it seem like she wasn't even talking to Ashlewi. It wasn't as if Ashlewi had never met such people before, but the mannerism was silly, to say the least. Ashlewi was about to unleash the torrent of lecture that was her disdain toward the situation, but she was too quickly intercepted by a far more interesting distraction.

"You know that the others that fled the ship already left right?" A female voice started. It was vaugely familiar to Ashlewi, but at the same time, she couldn't make out the voice. It was liken to the feeling you get when you meet or see someone like a family member after several years. However Ashlewi knew she didn't have any such person in her life, so she dismissed the feeling. Regardless of Ashlewi's feelings, the girl continued. "I mean, look at yourself, you look like you're going to some official meeting or something, not a battlefield. Sure you need dress for the occasion, but this is NOT how to dress for the occasion."

Was she really so concerned with how Ashlewi, of all people, dressed? There were literal whores(By their mode of dress) walking around them making groups and she was concerned with Ashlewi's clothing? It was almost too peculiar, and the oddity of being singled out definitely caught Ashlewi's interest. Ashlewi's body was turned slightly toward Koishi, who she was about to reply to but her head was directed toward Cecilia, giving Cecilia an intimidatingly regal profile. One of the drones swooped by, catching Ashlewi's attention for a moment before it buzzed away, allowing Ashlewi to impart her attention to Cecilia once more.

"If you're looking for a team, just don't. They're a bad idea...." She started, commenting on the idea of teamwork being "bad". While Ashlewi certainly wanted to do everything herself, she wasn't pompous enough to assume she had to skill to do so. She knew her skill at fighting was sub-par at best. It also seemed entirely foolish to Ashlewi that the academy would want their soldiers, let alone potential students, being alone. It just wasn't effective training. But how could Ashlewi expect a simple girl to know that? Afterall, everyone here was just a bunch of children compared to Ashlewi and her understanding of the situation (insert obnoxious laughter here). With Ashlewi's understanding though came the fear that Cecilia outlined with her words....

"I will not lie to you in saying that I am capable on my own so much as to fight both Kishin and people, either separately or simultaneously. I came to this academy to learn such, not display my self-proclaimed ability to do so. That is why we are all here, is it not? Is that not the point of any place of learning? I can fight, yes, but I am better at directing a better fighter to swing their blade or use their aura more effectively. If I can coordinate an idiot to become something more valuable than they otherwise would be later-on, then have I not done my job as a Huntress in protecting the people?" Ashlewi spoke calmly and firmly, without a trace of uncertainly.

Yes. Ashlewi was perfectly aware that she was out of place. If anything, being out of place made her feel more comfortable. At home, she could lord over servants, the puppet friends that her parents introduced her to, and even the adults who assumed her to be a simple little girl born to the rich life. Ashlewi could simply stagnate and rot away if she wanted to. But here was a world full of new things to learn, and even harder challenges than before. That is what propelled Ashlewi, not some sense of self preservation.
              I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

As the maiden left my presence, so too did my heart.

Comment

Haven Skies

Lu was enjoying the wind when a screen appears with an adult on it. He introduced himself as headmaster and gave the details of the exam and showed the kishins.

"So those are the kishins Clover and the others talked about." Lu said as she sits there.

Afterwards the headmaster gave everyone a chance a flee but Lu stayed. This is her chance to repay the hunters that saved her. The headmaster gave his final words and the screen vanished. It wasn't long after that the plane did a nose dive some and with the way Lu was sitting, it caused her to roll forward.

"Whoa!" She said rolling and crashing through the back door into where the others were and crashed into the legs of a viking looking person with her back on her leg and butt facing upwards.

"Ech ech ech. That hurts. Stupid pilot making a nose dive like that." Lu said rubbing her head with her right hand and eyes closed.
                Last edited by Zekai; 04-05-2016, 12:13 PM.
                "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

The blonde felt the nose dive and unconsciously held her battle ax to stay on a standing position, that was when the ship got its turbulence, but the towering female stood on her ground "Huh, didn´t think this route was so bumpy." she joked and then felt something clash with her legs. "Hello there feren friend, also enjoying the interesting ride to the academy?" she asked to the person still on her back. Diana decided to help the girl by picking her waist and easily lifting her so she could stand on her own feet.
                  Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Haven Skies

Lu opened her eyes and saw a very tall person, considering her current position. "I was until the nose dive." She said then realizing her position. The viking person picked her up by Lu's waist and Lu used her two tails to hold her katana still and to push some off of the viking to stand up.

"Thanks for the lift." Lu said brushing herself off and releasing her tail. Lu is a fox feren but had two tails, a very rare trait. If anyone was paying attention they can see that Lu had 2 pistols on her as well as a katana. "Sorry about crashing into you. I hope you are not injured." Lu apologized with a bow.

Comment

"It is fine, nothing bruised or broken on my end." the berserk responded as she glanced at the feren girl ("Two tails? that is a curious thing.") she thought and continued "Besides, we will have to be prepared for the test, the fauna and flora will also be giving us some obstacles as we try to obtain those tags." she said referring to the test that the headmaster has explained to them.
                      Last edited by Kristia; 04-05-2016, 02:30 PM.

Spoiler:

Comment

Airship

"Well, even if ya' don't want it, teams are sorta necessary." Koishi spoke from the side.

"I did researchin' on the place before hand, and everythin's in teams. You're tested as a team, you pass as a team, or you fail a a team." Koishi continued. "The exam thingy's the exception, I think. Unless you want it to be that way...? Nah, that's too unpredictable. I need some more potpourri." Koishi's thoughts went off center once more as she stared back into the sky.
                        Last edited by Koishi; 04-05-2016, 06:18 PM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

When the ship stabilized, the cat faren took her hand off the deck and stood upright. Anyone paying close nough attention might have noticed she wasn't actually hanging on to anything, rather her hand had just been resting flatly against the floor. Lucy was unharmed, but her plate of sushi wasnt' so lucky. She didn't even know where it was anymore.

She gave a slight pount, but i quickly faded as a strange little girl entered entered the seen. She had bumped into the viking girl's legs but she didnt' seem to budge. That girl had some impressive lower body strength. She decided not to bother them for the tim being. For now she just wanted to make sure her brother was alright.

Asura managed to hang on by grabbing hold of one of the rails, offering his hand to anyone who might have needed it. When the ship stabilized the young boy gave a small sight before chucking. He found something about Miu and Raiko's conversation funny. "Hey anything is possible. Have you ever flown a big air ship like this before?"

The ship came into clear veiw of the school. They would be landing very soon and then the real test would begin.

Hartman closed his eyes, giving what the huntress said some deep thought. Kensei had started snoring in his seat as the others were all chatting or doing whatever else. Yuru was munching on some of her home made cookies, but ended up being he first to answer Amilia's question. "A hunter's greatest weapon is their mind. Outsmarting a kishin might be easy. But outsmarting hundreds of other students might be a bit more tricky."

Hartman finally opened his eyes, seeming to have collected all of his thoughts. "Yes, this exam will test a person's strength as well as their wit. Not to mention whether thay or moraly just. Yuru, Ms. Saki. You remember what to do to students who misbehave yes?

"PUNCH THEM IN THE BALLS!" Yuru crudely blurted out while punching her own cupped hand for emphasis. While she wasn't wrong with her answer, the way she said it wasn't very professional at all. Then again she did have the appearance of an eleven year old.

Comment

Diana was now again confident to loose the hold of her weapon as she glanced at the different students who managed to either stay upright or fell with the nose dive, she couldn´t but chuckle with the dark humour of someone´s misfortune, mostly with the memory of her friends in her home town with pranks and traps.

She then felt that the feren girl Lucy was leaving with a pout on her face "Hey scythe girl." she called while opening her satchel and taking some beef jerky "It might not be fish, but it should compensate for the lose of your food." she offered the dry meat to the girl. "Although I suggest you to keep some in the case we stay for a long time in the forest."

The feren nodded at the headmaster "I will try to check on most of the students, from the files I read, there are promising applications here, while there are the obvious ones who wish to kill the kishin as a way of vengeance, while others want to do it for the honor of their elders and so on" she dismissed the idea as if it was something insignificant "Yet the smallest group is the one that wish to actually learn to be hunters"

Spoiler:

Comment

Haven Airspace ~ Balefire Airship

After almost falling down when the ship wobbled, Azur saw Balefire in the distance. It seemed like a remarkably large school, having a lot of space both for combat training and excursions. Azur turned to the others, and asked the others, "Well, we're almost there. Are you all ready? I'm pretty pumped up, myself." Looking around, others have already started forming teams and some even arguing. Nothing really stood out to him, other than some two-tailed feren, a highly hubristic military person, and some person cosplaying as a viking or something. 'Well, this is going to be a REAL interesting school,' Azur thought, as he slowly shook his head.
                              Last edited by Amaterasu no Akane; 04-05-2016, 11:52 PM.
                              Spoiler:

tfw someone tries to shitpost

"Do not fear duress of any kind, even if determined or even pure;
                              rather, fear the clout of the glaring mantle at your side, ready to conserve."

Comment

As the ship nearly nosedived, Aeron lowered his stance to the point of touching the ground and pushing the side of his boot into the floor, preventing him from sliding away or falling. As the ship righted itself, Aeron stood back up and let out a faint sigh as he heard what the pilot had said.

(Falling asleep while flying? Maybe she should consider turning on autopilot...), Aeron thought as he brushed himself off. It was then when Aeron saw Lucy coming over to see if he was alright.

"Yea, I'm fine.", Aeron said to the girl.

Saki nodded at the headmaster to confirm that she knew what to do if the stuents got out of line, but the moment she heard Yuru express her enthusiasm to crush some unsuspecting student's crotch with her fist, she suddenly stopped in mid nod and slightly slumped her shoulders as looked over to the cat-like girl with a slightly incredulous and dismayed look on her face.

"You seem a little too excited about beating up children, don't you think?", Saki asked Yuru with a rather nervous yet slightly amused smile.
                                Last edited by S121; 04-06-2016, 05:30 AM.
                                Originally posted by S121
                                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X