Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taboo | How To slay A Kishin IC (PROLOG MODE)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven Airspace | Balefire Airship

Raiko thought about Asura's question for a moment, recalling her past two years. "Hmm, the flyboys did let me fly a transport craft before, a small one though. But that's nothing compared to First Sphere, what I'd do to get my wings again. Whoops, military secrets."

As she looked over the balcony again, she saw the university far in front. It was impressive to say the least, but it was nowhere near the familiar university that her mother owned. She grinned when she heard Azur's question.

"Ready? Heh, I've been ready the whole time. Mi?"

"You might not be able to tell, but Miu can barely contain her excitement. The only reason why she hasn't started fighting yet is because of all the sweets that distracted her."
    Last edited by Lunasa Prismriver; 04-06-2016, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Balefire Academy | Forest

The headmaster gave a similar reaction to Yuru's statment as Saki's. However he didn't speak up just yet. He wanted to hear what the girl had o say. Yuru however ignored the comment. Instead she turned and looked at her master with an innocent looking smile on her face. "Master if I get more tags than you, you have to pet me until I fall asleep tonight. Unless you're chicken." she said while sticking her tongue out and trying to entice her master into taking the bet.

Lucy was glad to see her brother was alright, but before she could say much to him, she got distracted by a tasty looking snack that the viking girl had offered her. Lucy looked at the snack with sparkling eyes, inching closer and closer to it with her face before chomping down on it and taking it from her hand. It took her a while to chew, the meat was a lot more rough than what she was used too. She seemed to be enjoying it.

Asura looked out towards the school as a look of anticipation came to his face. He couldn't help but emphasize with his new friends about their discussion. "Gotta admit, I'm pretty eager myself. But lets not get ahead of ourselves. This is still a dangerous test. If we rush in without thinking we're doomed to fail.

Comment

Nodding at Asura, Raiko sighed. "I know, I know. But I haven't had an adrenaline-pumping, high-risk fight in three years. Sniping is so boring. Wait, Mi's excited?

"Bloodlust. An unfortunate or perhaps fortunate side effect of fusing with me."

Comment

Seeing how much was back to normal, or rather as normal as it could be after a near-crash, Aeron looked back to Diana and thought about what she had said for just a moment before speaking once again.

"I don't think indifference, would be too much of an advantage. Whether you don't react to death and destruction or are just a bloodlusting maniac, none of it matters if you are not prepared and are not properly trained. I will say though that in situations like what we're about to get into, it's best to keep a cool head.", Aeron said to Diana as he fiddled with one of his small sandwiches before taking a bite.

Saki's expression slowly ebbed away until there was a light smile remaining.

"You speak as if it is a bad thing... Though what will happen if I win?", Saki asked her familiar, leaning in as her light smile turned into a rather playful one.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Balfire Academy | Airship Docs

The ship hovered ovr the landing space and slowly started touching down. It desended slowly enough to give it a smooth landing but still swift enough not to take all too long. the speakers went active one last time as the male voice from before returned. "Attention all students, we've arrived at Balefire Academy. Please exit the ship in a calm and orderly fashion and enjoy the rest of your day. Thank you."

Asura gave a slight chuckle at what the strange little flower had said. It seemed familiar to him somehow. "Well as long as you don't go all Flowey the Flower on us, I think a little blood lust is fine. Whatever keeps you alive i guess." he said wondering who would get the reference. "Well we better get going. Don't wanna be late for our first exam.'

Yuru didn't have to think to long about her answer. She already knew exactly what to give her. "If you win then I'll cook anything you want for dinner served just the way you like it. I'll even feed it to you if you like." she answered, seeming all too confident in herself.

Kensei finally woke up when he heard the airship touch down. He seemed overly excited and energetic for someone who had just gotten up from a nap. Oooooh the new students are here. I can't wait to see the new first year girls. Always so full of life and potential!" he wasn't even trying to hide his true meaning behinde that. His motives were quite clear.

Comment

Balfire Academy | Airship Docks

The speakers turned on and the male voice from before from the nose dive spoke and mentioned that they have arrived. Lu looked at Diana. "Good luck." She simply said and quickly left the ship.

Yuuki turned to Setsuna with a serious competition look in her. "Best of luck and I'll get my tags faster than you will." She said taking down her luggage without looking away from Setsuna.
              "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Balfire Academy | Airship Docs

"Looks like this adventure will begin shortly." the blonde berserker smirked as she picked up her battle ax and placed it on her back. She took a second to feel the weight on her body and started moving to the docs, her mind qbd spirit ready for the challenge.
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Airship

Koishi overheard the announcement, and smiled. Without another word, or waiting for a reply, she swiveled and merrily skipped away off of the airship. She didn't really know where she was supposed to go, but she trusted her gut feelings.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Balefire Academy ~ Airship Docks

Stepping out of the plane, Azur marveled at the academy. "Damn! This place is huge!" Azur exclaimed, "I could fit like, what, three of my old school in here!" Stepping out of the airplane, Azur dragged his face down with his hands, looking funny but stupid at the same time. As he saw everyone who exit the airship, Azur was pretty sure that an aura of nervousness was imminent. Strangely enough, Azur wasn't worried at all, hinting at confidence, or even recklessness. Nonetheless, it was clear to everyone that Azur was ready for the exam to start.

Azur waved to Miu, Raiko, Asura and Setsuna, "I'll see you all up ahead," Azur pointed to Asura, "Oh, and I get the reference. Nice try, Sans."
                    Spoiler:

tfw someone tries to shitpost

"Do not fear duress of any kind, even if determined or even pure;
                    rather, fear the clout of the glaring mantle at your side, ready to conserve."

Comment

((Because Wriggle asked me too I had decided to edit and repost this while deleting the old post to make things easier and less awkward for her to post.))

As the ship landed things seemed to continue rather... calmly, or what the group would call 'calm'. People were getting off the airship and now at the docks. Everything was good. However it seemed like one man was missing. Someone who was only briefly seen on the ship and before hand a couple of times, and though he did not say anything that warranted garnering the attention of others. He was just one of the students who was just... there. Not bothered, and not bothering anyone. He just sat on the ship... until a few minutes before the airship landed which he then had seemingly disappeared. The fact that someone regardless of what they were doing was there, and now is not should just raise an alarm...

However things changed as Setsuna walked. A shadow seemed to shift from the shadows of each student and object in the area and headed towards her before finally stopping inside her shadow. She could now faintly see two faint red dots as if they were eyes looking at her from her own shadow.

Comment

Miu cocked her head to the side, not understanding the obvious references being thrown around. She turned to give a questioning look to Raiko, only to be met with a casual shrug from the girl.

"We have no idea what you mean, but I'll assume that you mean going crazy and murderous. If that's the case, I assure you that we will not lose control. Also, Miu will calm down once I get a drink of blood from a kishin. I simply haven't had any in a week and it's beginning to affect Miu. Unless, of course, you would like to donate some of your blood." Rosa laughed lightly. "Just kidding. In any case, we'll be taking our leave now." Miu bowed before taking her suitcase and following the flow of students heading into the academy.

"Oh, well I guess I'm going too. See ya around." Raiko waved over her shoulder as she walked off the ship.

Comment

Restful sleep... Been a while since I got such a blessing...

The man known as Alexander had his eyes closed. It was safe here, he could afford to give himself such luxury. He paid little to no attention to the people that was on his flight, but it seemed nobody equally wanted to talk with him. It suited him just fine, he would rather get the sleep. It would increase his performance on the exam later. Maybe he could have made friends or allies here for when the exam started, but at the same time he wasn't making enemies. You couldn't judge people by their words, only by their actions. And these conversations were just that, words.

Still Alex couldn't help but open his one eye when the girl passed with that Kishin (at least in his mind that is what he thought it was). In hid mind he wanted to reach out and immediately stab it repeatedly, but held back that instinct when the girl appeared to have some kind of control. He stopped being tense after a while despite not appearing like it, but he would keep an eye on it.... and that girl. Still the ship and the academy was filled with hunters, so the shouldn't be too much of a problem if that thing got loose.

The plane had landed however and Alex grabbed his backpack. Everything that he had left was all in that bag, his father knife, his food and water supplies and other low tech equipment that he used to survive Kishin. Looking at everyone else, they smiled and had such carefree lives. Did that make them soft or did they adapt to a different environment? How many of these people were going to graduate and who were going to die? Alex guessed that the exam would weed out the different people.

Stepping out of the plane though Alexander was transported to an alien world to him. So many people in such a confined area, how did the Kishin not find and hunt them yet? What kind of training did these people have? His red eyes darted from place to place, looking at all the sights and internally feeling just a bit overwhelmed. Instincts yelling for him to get away, but his mind telling him it was okay. Still despite his eyes darting around alertly, his face was that of utter calm. Nervousness and panic equaled to you getting killed where he came from. Still he needed to get to the academy and prepare for the test. So looking at a terminal map he began to look at it intently in an attempt to memorize the map. He was glad that he had his .75 caliber revolver at his side in case the Kishin attacked this place. In his mind he felt like it was an eventual event that would one day could occur.

...Or it could just be my paranoia... Let us wait and see...

OOGC: Feel free to PM any error in my posts since I kinda came in kinda late.
                          Last edited by Alexander Zenneth; 04-11-2016, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Balefire Academy | Airship Docks

Setsuna was marveled at everything about the place. The academy was such a majestic facility: a large central building with plenty of spires erected all around the grounds, the polished white color scheme with dark highlights, the sheer size of the area... it was both similar and vastly different from the Taiyan architecture back in her home country.

Her mind drifted back to reality however when Yuuki bid her good luck. A sort of battle royale where only a fraction of the students will get past... where deadly Kishins; perhaps similar to those that attacked the city of Inja and killed so many innocent people; roamed freely within. There will be violence, betrayal and death everywhere... not that Setsuna really minded. Everyone here knew what they were getting into, Setsuna included. She was ready to commit a more frowned-upon actions to pass the test... as long as she doesn't kill them directly, she should be within the rules, right?

"Yeah, I'll see you soon." Setsuna absent-mindedly muttered as she smiled a sinister smile. From now on, as soon as they enter the forest... everyone she meets is going to be enemies... How interesting...
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

To his surprise Setsuna, one he has heard about being a skilled warrior in her family... He figured she would have noticed his presence there, but she didn't. Which was odd. With a audible sigh he emerged from her shadow right behind her, and with his back to hers he crossed his arms and spoke up to Setsuna.

"Setsuna Itou. I figured you'd have noticed my presence. It appears you have not. You should work on the awareness of your surroundings." He spoke calmly and sternly as he began following Setsuna.

Comment

A sudden chill ran down Setsuna's spine as she did not dare turn around. This aura... it was similar to her maid-servant's whenever she caught her misbehaving... except more... malicious? No, that wasn't the right word... maybe just colder.

"Why do I feel like I know you...?" Setsuna retorted to the main who was really closely behind her... in fact close enough for her back to touch his chest. "...you don't happen to have a sister named Felicia, do you?"

Mirai too was a student who was rather impressed by the academy's sheer aura. Although she did not show it with her facial expressions, the way she looked around hinted that she was taking all this in with curious interest. However, she still kept her guard up, as if she was under constant attack. After all, with the rules announced to every would-be student, it won't be surprising if those that are serious about entering the academy wouldn't start using some sort of tricks and deception to get an edge...

No, that is an unfair way of thinking, Mirai condemned herself. Part of Mirai's initiation into the academy is so that she will learn how to interact and socialize with others. If she wishes to become the worthy successor of the empire of Taiyo, she not only needs to become a stalwart warrior who will protect everyone and everything within the border, but also be a generous and understanding leader who can listen to people's problems. If she was to stay stagnant as someone so unfeeling and unapproachable, she will never be able to lead even the smallest of empires.

"I... I must start socializing." Mirai said to herself. She was determined to fulfill her goal of being a more social person, but where does she start? Her gaze drifted to a hooded loner in the corner with one hand constantly twitching along his waist. Closer inspection from a fair distance showed that he had a revolver of sorts strapped around his belt. It was of no contest that the said firearm was the man's primary weapon of choice, and the fact that his hand was constantly fumbling it meant that the man felt uneasy; either not used to such a huge crowd or just paranoid in general. All in all, a bit similar to Mirai. Perhaps he too needs an initiation: someone who is brave enough to start a conversation with him.

"Ahem..." Mirai coughed loudly, attempting to gather the man's attention without startling him or anything. If she was too eager or invaded his personal space a little too quickly, things could become violent really quickly. "Hello. Must be feeling a little nervous... aren't you?"
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X