X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TSU | Towards Orientation

"Wells, I's just wander lots. N' I's forget lots. Lots of lots. But none o' tha' weird citystuff. Always be movin'." Koishi replied, gradually growing more confused as Caffei explained this 'Orientation'.

"Be in for? Like why they're here? I's thought most would know tha'. I's mean, I's dun'. Big sis' just sent me here n' i's didn't question it. That'd be super rudes if I's refused peoples! Nope, not rights at all. Not even lefts. Ors forwards. Backward too, nows tha' I's be seein' it." the satori appeared to keep mumbling to themselves a little, getting themselves somewhat confused just by talking.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Trinity Soul University | Campus ->

"For what I coukd gather, we got people from all around the world." Isabela responded to Alice's question. "It makes you want to explore more about this school if they managed to gather some of the best magical users in one place." the redhead pointed out, thinking of the few that she had seen already, they had raw power that easily could cause great feats.

Trinity Soul University - Orientation

This wasn't what Toriel wanted to express, not at all. Her words were to encourage the wolf to show that passion in her teachings, while the goat didn't like the tournaments, she did see here how much potential Oneira had, that is why she was happy to hear the animalia's words. But then the others gave their opinions, which made it look like everything was a scolding to the green haired woman.

"Geez guys, talk about being blunt." Yuugi spoke, noticing the whole thing "Its the first day, hell, it is still day zero and we are already arguing." despite her words, the Oni started laughing "Makes me wonder how things will go, oh the antics that can happen." she drank from her dish with a grin on her face.
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Trinity Soul University | Campus -> Orientation

As he got closer to the room they needed to be in, the chatter of over a hundred students of all races became louder. ("We must be going the right way.") the phantom thought to herself as she walked with her new friend to the orientation room. "We'll know soon enough." she said as she walked up to the door and stopped, she would have gladly opened the door for the wolf but they both knew Isabela cold do it much quicker and with ease where as the doll doing it might make them late.

Trinity Soul University | Orientation

Aldon didn't seem to invested in the current conversation at all, but seeing as how he had already spoken up it was only right that he answer their response. "Arguing is for children. I prefer to think of it as constructive criticism. But you are right." he said in a calm manner while getting into his spot for the orientation. "We can discuss our differences of opinion later. We want to make a good first impression for te new students."

Comment

The Headmaster sort of looked as if he felt a bit guilty after what Aldon had said. Maybe the Headmaster's words themselves were a bit harsh. Maybe they weren't. Either way he was still feeling a little guilty. Perhaps things can actually get more properly settled after Orientation with the standard Staff Meeting him and the rest of the teachers usually hold. "I will agree with Aldon here... perhaps after Orientation is properly finished, we can have a proper staff meeting to get you more properly adjusted and welcomed to the job. Please do not feel disheartened though. Toriel is a nice person, and does little... tests of sorts to see if the new teachers are truly passionate for the job. Please do not take anything we might have said harshly though. For I am eager to see you in the heat of the job myself." The Headmaster replied as he got began to prepare to give out his speech.

Comment

The wolf animalia was looking at the different students, there were so many, and there was such a diverse quantity of scents ("I have to be careful though, don't want to overload my mind.") she internally laughed.

Now that they were at the door, Isabela went to open it, she had seen the faint struggle in the foll's joints ("I see that helping papa with his workshop might be useful in the future.") she thought as the door opened and she waited for her roommates to enter.

The Oni just shrugged at the vampire's words "Eh, we will have time for that in the meetings, but." she smirked while eyeing everyone "The students need motivation to push themselves, so there might be cases where I ask any of you to join in our P.E. Classes, that way, the kids can see we also have to train and they can relate with us, but also there is the fact that, all teachers must be at good levels of fitness."
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

((quickie for the Koishi))
              Trinity Soul University | Towards Orientation

"Well it's not just a speech to give everyone a idea of what they are here for. It's more like a... message from the staff to introduce themselves to all the new students. Help tell the students about the various facilities, and a general 'welcome to the university! Have fun studying' kind of speech. Basically a everything you'd need to ever know about the University for newcomers." Caffei had replied as the two finally approached the gymnasium. Or rather a side door to the Gymnasium. Which was a tad less crowded.

Caffei was definitely... a tad weirded out and confused about Koishi's... quirky speech pattern, and seemingly oblivious nature. But it wouldn't really be nice for her to speak her thoughts regarding it. Either way Caffei opened the door that is one of the side entrances to the Orientation meeting place. "Anyways I don't know if I said this before, but I'm not a freshman. I've been attending the University for a little close to around a year now. So I know my way around the place, which means if you do happen to need anything. You know who to call... by that I mean the staff because they are more... prepared to help with problems. But don't think that I won't help you out if you need it. Anyways. I'll wait out here for you. I've heard this speech for the most part last year. So good luck in there." Caffei said as she held the door open for the little Koish'.

Comment

"Thank you!" the little doll softly said as she walked inside. Once she was out of the way of the door she turned around again and waited for her roommate to walk inside with her. There were already a good number of students inside making the room quite loud from all the chatter going on. It made Alice wonder if some people would suffer from the loud noises if they had more sensitive ears or if they'd be fine. "Where do you want to sit?" she asked just loud enough for the girl to hear her in the loud room. She hoped they could sit in the front so she would be able to see but didnt' mind if they sat further back. Worst case scenario she just had to use her ghost form and float above the rest to see them.

Cameron actually seemed delighted about the idea of joining Yuugi for her PE. classes from time to time. He smiled and stepped up for a second to speak. "Hey that actually sounds great. I haven't been to the gym since I graduated." he said flexing one of his impressive, but not overly bulky arms. "Plus I wouldn't mind showing off in front of the students."

Comment

The Headmaster just looked at the papers with the speech written on them one last, final time as he spoke to Yuugi. "I would not mind that either, but with my schedule don't expect that to happen too often now. Then again who knows. Maybe that's just my excuse to be lazy." The Headmaster spoke to Yuugi with a smile, clearly joking. He was willing to do such a thing however if it meant helping to show the students that EVERYONE needs to keep up with their 'exercises' whether it be magical or physical exercise.

Either way aside from that the Headmaster looked at his watch once again, and now it really was time for Orientation. With that in mind he turned to the teachers and nodded his head, all the while fixing the papers before he began to speak into the microphone.

"Ahem... Greetings new students, and welcome toTrinity Soul University. Before we begin Dr. Karayan has asked me to remind everyone to read the school'ss safety guidelines. Magic is by it's very nature, dangerous and unpredictable, and it's the responsibility of every student to learn the rules and do their part to keep not only themselves but others safe."

"Anyways. Here at Trinity Soul University we aim to give young and aspiring mages have a safe and distinct place to get a proper education in the arcane arts. Our staff is comprised of some of the finest wizards around the globe and our facilities, thanks to Mr. Cooper are ranked among the best in the world. While you're here you'll have access to the most advanced alchemy laboratories, enchanting station's, and training fields in the world."

"You'll have access to mountains of books on any number of topics, anything from gaining eternal youth to making some delicious homemade chicken soup. Particle accelerators, computer laboratories, clean restrooms, a student shopping district, and 24 hour cafeteria access. As you can see, we've spared no expense to give you all a quality, well rounded education in magic, and various other subjects."

"The use of these facilities and assets however are a privilege which can be restricted or taken away at any time should any of you disobey and refuse to follow the rules. As such Students are expected to follow the rules, have good conduct and make exceptional marks on their grades. Failure to do say may result in the loss of certain privileges until the problem is resolved."

"While you're here you'll be expected to attend all of your classes on time and complete whatever assignments given within the time allowed. What classes you take and what hours you work are of course entirely up to you. We have classes for Alchemy, enchanting, and for almost every element of magic, where you'll learn more about each element and what it is capable of. We have classes for self defense, courtesy of our newest teachers Mr. Michael Maynard and Ms. Oneira Krane."

"There are also plenty of non arcane classes such as, science, law, and engineering. You will be required to take at least one magic class and one of the non magic courses. Due to this we highly recommend picking classes that will help you master your magic and find a career. Please remember this is still a university. While we offer a bit more freedom than most, we still expect you to work hard, be the best mage you can be, and leave here with the knowledge and experience that will aid you in getting the career you want."

"We're all excited and eager to meet you all. At this Time all of our professors Will come up to the mic and say a few things about themselves. allow me to start."
                  The Headmaster spoke as he straightened his glasses and tie as he leaned into the mic once again.

"My name is Damarcus Daichi. However I prefer to be called Mr. Daichi for short, but in all honesty I don't mind if you prefer to call me by a more... casual nickname. As for what my job is here at the University.. I am the headmaster. Sort of a... principal, and the head of staff. How I became Headmaster is a long story, but to keep it brief I am the son of the last Headmaster of this wonderful university. For the Daichi family has been running this University for as long as I can recall. Now with that out of the way I will also inform you all that I am the head teacher when it comes to general mana usage, Light magic. However I am also knowledgeable in other elements and types of magic even though I am unable to learn certain elements. Due to this I have been known to substitute for a teacher and follow their lesson plan should the need arise. For even if I may be unable to use... say... Dark Magic, I still know enough of Dark Magic to at least follow a lesson plan for another class and help with teaching said magic. Either way I hope to show you all the many different aspects and uses of magic in general, and I also want to leave you all with the knowledge that I am willing to listen to anyone should any of you need someone to talk to. For I wish to be more than just a teacher... but also a friend." He said as he put the mic down...

He then spoke one final time.

"Now I'll be handing the Mic to all the other teachers so they can introduce themselves, and once they are all done I will gladly ask for the Microphone back." He said as he backed away from the front of the stage and handed the Microphone to his good... friend Aldon.
                  Last edited by SUSTIC; 06-22-2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Trinity Soul | Orientation

"Ooooohs." Koishi spoke in slight understanding as they approached the door. They could hear all the chatter from out here. Loud noises were not her strong suit, and it was a little evident on her somewhat nervous-looking face. "But, ums... okies."

With that, she slipped past the door, entering the cacophony of conversation. Lots of people, all sorts of shapes and sizes. Not that she was paying attention to them, more the sounds they emitted. It reminded her of before, vague and not that nice memories bubbling up in her jumbled mind like a geyser ready to blow.

She took a deep breath and tried to focus on something else as she moved forward, taking a seat in the front row, sitting on a corner seat. It wasn't that comfortable, which certainly didn't help with her heavy feeling of unease.

Then the speech started. It was a lot of words. A looooot of words. And she didn't even have her notebook at the ready. She scratched her head partway through, she she had completely lost track of what they were saying. Something about magic? Was that what this place was about? She guessed it made things make a little more sense. Magic was weird. And other people were gonna talk too?! Yep, she was going to forget this for sure, making her fidget a little in further uncomfort.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

The redhead tried to look for a good place for them, she had already made sure her tail.wouldn't be stomped by accident by coiling it around her waist, as if it was a belt ("I love the designs on these dressess, having a hole for tails to ease most problems."). But back on track, Isabela took Alice's hand and guided her near the front, but close to the hallways so they could move away when the whole thing ended. "This should help us not have problems with gettibg mobbed by people." she spoke as her tail took two seats more "Just in case Trista and her new friend want to sit with us.".

Back on stage, Yuugi was relaxed as Damascus spoke, she just hoped that she wasn't needed to speak, but lady luck had a sick sense of humor, thus the Oni was mentally making a speech. Sitting besides her, Toriel sighed, already knowing she made the new teacher angry, it wouldn't be the first time that scenarios like this happened for the goat, the animalia was trying to be helpful, but it backfired, she felt a hand on her shoulder, the blonde gave her a grin "Don't worry, things went badly, but they can get better, I'm sure she will understand what you tried to do." The fire teacher smiled back at the Oni "Thanks Yuugi."

Spoiler:

Comment

Oneira merely huffed and turned her gaze away from the other teachers. Though Toriel was accepting of the Lone Wolf's stance on magic and duelling. The others opted to pry apart Oneira's presently tense mood and defensive stance on magic. Ms. Krane was passionate about her work, prideful one may say. To see things go down the way they went, all during a bad day of all things, was something Oneira refused to accept. Despite the one thing she looked forward to today, the wolf simply wished for the day to end already.

Shortly after, Oneira caught glimpse of Daichi stepping out from the side and on to the stage to give out his introductory speech. Though Oneira paid little attention to it, her ears perked up at the mention of the two new teachers, herself and this Maynard person. Whoever he was, it was clear from the Headmaster's implications that she would have to work with him.
                        As the Headmaster announced the presence of Ms. Krane, the crowd emitted a small murmur from a few parts of the room.
                        "Ms. Krane? The Ms. Krane?" "The Lone Wolf is here? I thought that was a rumour." "Holy crap! Crystal Krane's teaching here!" were amongst a few of the mumbling chatter in the crowd. Eventually the murmurs died down when the Headmaster proceeded with his speech.
                        Oneira herself was pleased to hear that the crowd was excited to hear that the Lone Wolf was indeed present. It was only a matter of time before she would step forth onto the stage and make her own speech towards the crowd.

Meanwhile, Trista shyly glancing back and forth between the ground and Angelico as she tried to conjure up another response. However, as Trista spent what seemed like minutes idling and awkwardly trying to summon the courage to speak up, a loud voice started booming across the room. Panicked and surprised at the voice, Trista grasped Angelico's hands and rushed over towards Alice and Isabella's location.

Sitting down, Trista's attention was torn and hazy as she had both worked herself up dashing over to her seat and was still embarrassed towards Angelico. As hard as she tried to process the Headmaster's words, only a few phrases managed to seep through. It seemed that Trista would have to ask her roommates or someone about what she may have missed, unfortunately.
                        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Primula and Tristen would have made it to orientation a bit sooner than the others due to them having been close by in the cafeteria. Seeing as there wasn't much to say at the moment she simply waited for the moment her father was having his turn to speak. "That's him." she said pointing it out to her new friend. She didnt' seem upset about it or anything but perhaps the boy would have been curious about this mysterious father of hers.

Alice quietly sat down next to her roommate and watched as the headmaster had started speaking until the point where he was passing the mic down to the other teachers. But being who she was, she could clearly see some hostility and a few other negative emotions between the staff. "Huh.... very curious." she said to herself as she pondered on exactly what this could mean.

Lucas was sitting with one of his new roommates on the second row with an empty seat next to him in case any late comers showed up.

When Aldon was passed the mic he took it, giving a very slight smile as he looked out into the room of new students. "Hello Students. My name is Dr. Aldon Karayan. I teach the dark element of magic, history, both magic and non and I sometimes teach biology when the need arises. It's a pleasure to meet you all." He politely said before passing the mic down to Toriel who could then pass it to whoever she pleased.

Comment

Toriel was a bit startled as she was chosen to speak, but gave her gentle smile at Aldon as she took the microphone "Thank you Mister Karayan."

The animalia looked at the students, giving her own words "Good day, young ones, my name is Toriel Dreemur, I am the Fire and Restoration teacher while also being the main caretaker of the Female Dorms, it is a pleasure to meet all of you.".

The teacher then offered the microphone to Michael.

Isabela could sense the feelings of the teachers, mostly since it was boosted by their raw magic "They seem to.. Clash with each other." she whispered to Alice.
                            Last edited by Kristia; 06-27-2017, 12:25 AM.

Spoiler:

Comment

As the teachers began to speak and everyone was getting settled in, Jason had managed to sneak his way into the crowd without looking too suspicious, but he was still missing a seat. Hoping to find one as soon as possible, he quickly scouted the area, scanning his surroundings with his gaze.

Meanwhile, Natsu calmly sat beside Lucas with his arms crossed, one of his ankles resting on his knees, and intently listening to what the teachers said, just in case they mentioned anything important, especially who he may be learning from in the future.

As Primula's father spoke, Tristan was relatively quiet, though he did ask about him in a hushed whisper after the teacher had finished speaking.

"So that's him? What is he like?", Tristan asked.

When Michael's turn came up to speak, he calmly waited just the briefest moment before speaking, gazing over the audience, making sure he had their attention.

"Hello. My name is Michael Maynard, and I will be one of your Defense Against The Dark Arts teachers. I specialize in Fire, Electricity, Sound, Restoration, Summoning, Movement, Cleansing, Vector, and Crystal magic among others, but that is not what I will be teaching you unless you specifically ask for it. Instead, I will teach you the dangers of the world and how to deal with them.", Michael said. After he was done, Michael passed the microphone to Cooper.
                              Originally posted by S121
                              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                              sigpic

Comment

Alice nodded her head at what Isabela had said. Could she see emotions as well? "Yeah, the fluffy butt seems especially angry." she answered referring to the wolf lady. She didn't know her name or what she would be teaching but it was but compared to the others she seemed a lot more tense.

When Jason go there, Lucas quietly got his attention, looking over to him and going "pssst!" before motioning towards the empty seat next to him.

When Tristen asked a question about Primula's father, rather than saying anything she picked up her phone and showed Tristen the screen. If he looked he would have seen a little picture of some kind of monster from a video game followed by an explanation. "He's a control freak, to put it simply."

The electro magic teacher took the mic with a grin and held it to his mouth before giving his little intro.. "Good day everyone. My names Mr. Cooper, I teach electric magic, science and engineering. It's a pleasure to meetchya." he said before passing the mic to Yuugi, both to mess with her since she seemed like she wasn't ready and because he actually wanted to learn a little more about her.
                                Last edited by S121; 06-27-2017, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X