Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S121
    replied
    (Five Finger Death Punch - "Far From Home" (00:00-1:02))
    Project Esper | Auxiliary Hallway Beds

After reaching one of the two bunk beds in the small housing alcove, Jason placed his weapons on the left-bottom bunk and slowly sat down onto the bottom bunk on the right, resting his back on the headrest. His weight combined with his armor made the bed creak, but it held. Afterward, Jason pulled out the laptop and laid it in his lap before powering it on. As the computer started up, Jason couldn't help but feel as if each breath was weighted. Jason had not shown it before or at least didn't have enough time to process his own thoughts, but he was anxious, even a little excited to be going home. He would actually be able to see his family again. Did they still remember him? Did they think he died? How would they react once they saw his armored figure on their doorstep, claiming that he was their son?

Jason let out a quiet sigh as he quietly vented his pent up nervous energy and emotions as he flexed his fingers. This was very personal and important to him, but now was not the time to forget his training and get overwhelmed. That could come later. For now, their little boy was coming home.

Project Esper | En rout to Bedrooms

"Goodnight.", Jennifer said with a warm, soft smile. If she were a couple years older, one could say it was almost a motherly smile, almost as if that was all that was needed to provide her friend a good night's sleep. After Xavier was gone, Jenny turned to look at Misaka and let out a soft, tired sigh.

"Well Misaka, ready to turn in? I'm beat.", the psychic girl said before raising one of her arms up and clasping it with the other, stretching her back to the left, then the other side to the right.
    Last edited by S121; 03-23-2018, 02:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kristia
    replied
    Oceans of Cali

Samantha was expecting that question already "We were looking for information regarding a general, he had a hand on whatever was in that convoy, I barely had a chance to get a remote extraction, but it is enough to get more clues through the web." 34 explained. "As for meeting your team? It was pure luck, we didn't know what group was with the convoy, and then came the helicopter with the railgun, that group will probably be getting whatever was left of the escape ship, which will be filled with crap and spam." the experiment gave a smirk.

Leave a comment:

• SUSTIC
    replied
    Oceans of Cali

013 just closed his eyes and crossed his arms in contemplation, unsure of what exact questions to ask. He's pretty sure some of the main questions he'd ask, would be relatively confidential to someone this group just met. Or in the case of Samantha, reuniting with what is essentially one of his sisters.

"Hm... I have one question. What exactly brought your forces to the scene of my team's failed mission?" 013 had asked. An honest question, as he was curious. "Because to be honest I find it a bit too surprising that my team was saved, especially by another member of Project: Infinite."

Sacramento

Having been informed that he won't be detained or forcibly experimented on, made the green man relax a bit as he leaned back in his seat. "Well ain't that a relief and a half. For a sec I thought I was gonna be one of them guinea things people test on." Replied the Green Man as he then began to think a little...

"Well I guess I can let you guys do a little testin'. Just... no sharp pointy things. They uh... scare me. Also I don't really have a home, so I guess when all is good and done, you could just release me and I'll scurry off somewhere out of the way."

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied

Xavier was walking with them now as they had just about reached their destinations. Alex was already sound asleep in his bed, the door o their room partly open to allow easy access. Raina was still resting in Jenny's bed, although she had moved off to one side to give Jenny enough room to lay down. "That's war I guess." Stalker finally said. "You adapt to your enemy and they'll adapt to you." he said "I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Goodnight." Miisaka responded as she watched stalker head back to his room.

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Project Esper | Hallways

After Shiroji began to leave, Jason did the same and walked off to the beds. He wasn't planning on sleeping though. Instead, he needed to learn more about what was going on in the world, as well as find his home and family.

"Welcome back, Xavier. You're kind of right, though there are still a lot of them out there where loyalty isn't an issue. We've just been fortunate enough to find defectors from time to time.", Jenny explained to Stalker, placing a hand on her hip and looking up at a nearby wall before looking down to Misaka.

"I wouldn't go that far. I watched for a little bit, and I can say that he's fast and very strong. You know how fast Alex is, and yet Jason could keep up. No matter how much punishment Alex dished out, Jason would counter, even going so far as to counter Alex's vector manipulation with that.. blood armor thing. He was also strong enough to give me a hard time when I tried to restrain him. I don't think you're wrong about our abilities being effective, but it's not so simple. Fact of the matter is, we had the element of surprise and numbers on our side. Imagine if there were two more of him, or even ten. Simply put, I just want to see if Jason is the only one of his kind, and if so, if we can shut down the program before they make more.", Jennifer said.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    Project Esper | Hallways

After turning off the lights and locking the doors, Shiroji put away the keys in his pocket and started heading off to his own little room. However he seemed to be headed in the opposite direction of all the others towards his privet bedroom. Once this much was done, Even Stalker finally left Jason alone. Before long he would have made his way past the large doors that blocked had been recently opened.

Misaka's first reaction was for her heart rate to suddenly jump up a tad, but when she took a moment to think about everything that had happened, she she opened her mouth to speak her mind, only to get cut off by stalker who had finally caught up with them. "At least the government still hasn't found a way to keep their lab rats loyal." he somewhat crudely joked as he stepped a bit closer, making himself visible as he did so.

"Right." Misaka answered. "At any rate I guess it's not too bad. Sure it'll be nice to stay one step ahead of them, but he seemed pretty vulnerable to our powers. Maybe his augments were just a really good check for Alex you know?" Misaka asked, being somewhat optimistic about the whole situation.

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Project Esper | Lab

Jason followed Shiroji out and waited beside him as he locked it, now looking over at the beds in the hall. It seemed that they were relatively sturdy, but he wasn't going to risk bunking on top tonight.

Meanwhile, Jenny and Misaka walked through the reinforced doors and into the Esper section of the bunker.

"True... I just can't shake something though. Jason was one of the few things I've seen that's made Alex break a sweat, much less provide any challenge. We've fought soldiers from programs designed to kill psychics, but this might be the closest they've gotten to succeeding. Tomorrow, I'm going to see if I can get information on some of the government's recent activities. If this is some kind of new trend, I want us to be ahead of the curve and nip it in the bud, rather than behind it.", Jenny said. This time, she seemed a little more serious, not enough to try and scare Misaka, but she did think it was a rather important detail to consider.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    Project Esper | Lab

Shiroji handed off the laptop and made his ay over to the door. He stopped by the light switch, probably assuming Jason's eyes were no better at seeing in the dark than his own. It's not like he knew what augmentations he had. If Jason were to step outside, he woudl have seen the same hallway as before, likely with Jenny and Misaka still visible on the other side. To his left and right were rows of bunk beds, some with little storage areas where one could keep clothes and other belongings. There were curtains over each small room that could be used for privacy.

A bit farther down the hall was a rec room with a coffee maker, snack and drink dispensers. These were different form the ones commonly seen in public as they didn't seem to require any money. After all you wouldn't expect a parent to make their child pay for snacks at a machine like this.

When Jenny pressed her hand to the scanner, the set of double doors opened wider than Jenny's legs at an all you can fuck buffet. "Maybe." Misaka finally answered. "At least no one got hurt... Okay people got hurt but no one died." she quickly corrected herself after recalling the events that had taken place earlier in the day.

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Project Esper | Lab

"That'll work.", Jason said as he held out a hand for the laptop. It didn't matter what the computer was like, as long as it had a decent internet connection, he was satisfied.

"Yea, I think you're right. It seems more like he just wants to go home. From what I've gathered, he doesn't seem to trust anyone though.", Jenny said as she placed a hand on the reinforced door scanner.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    Project Esper | Lab

Hearing that Jason still needed access to the internet. Shrioji quickly turned around, showing his back to Jason while he seemed to be searching for something. He knelt down to grab something before finally standing up again. Only now he was holding laptop computer. It wans't anything fancy, it looked like one of thoses cheep work laptops they gave you in high-school "Will this do?" he asked as he held up the small computer.

Meanwhile as Misaka and Jenny made their way back to their quarters, Jenny had asked Misaka a simple, yet complicated question. She wasn't quite sure what to make of Jason if she were honest, and the haziness of her mind didn't help out much either. "To tell you the truth I don't know what to make of him. He seems nice and all. I think we just got off on the wrong foot." she answered as honestly as one could

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Project Esper | Lab

With that, Jenny had walked out with Misaka on her arm. After exiting the room and rounding the corner down the way to the double doors, she looked down at Misaka and gave a light sigh.

"So, what do you make of our new guest?", Jennifer asked. Jenny had her own views on Jason, but she wanted to get the opinions of other people, see what they thought of this recent turn of events. Personally, she had little reason not to trust Jason, but this whole situation itself was rather perplexing.

Meanwhile, Jason looked over to Shiroji and gave a small nod. "Is there another area I could access a terminal?", Jason asked in a still somewhat neutral tone.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    Project Esper | Lab

Misaka didn't seem to have much else to say. She held on to Jenny's hand as they were heading to bed. Meanwhile Shiroji finally got up as well, taking out some sort of keychain, presumably to lock up the labs once they were all outside. "Alright then. If you're finished I need to lock up." he said, trying to alert Jason to the situation. He didn't seem to be in too much of a rush, but he was obviously tired and wanted to get some rest.

All the while, Stalker who had been watching this wole time had left the lab room, but was keeping a constant eye on Jason.

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Project Esper | Lab

Jennifer was a bit tired too and looked down to Misaka with a smile before speaking.

"Yea, I guess it's about that time. Let's head to bed.", Jenny said. After a moment though, Jenny looked over at Jason. "You know, if you need a place to sleep, there's a bed out in the auxiliary quarters by the entrance.", she said to Jason. It wasn't sheepishly said, but more like just friendly advice for the soldier.

Jason stayed quiet for the time being, simply giving a small nod at Jenny.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    Project Esper | Lab of funk

Misaka stretched out her arms high above her head, letting out a somewhat girly yawn. She turned to face Jenny and with an obviously tired voice said. "Yeah I'll probably go too." Misaka held out her hand and lightly grabbed on to one of Jenny's arms, whichever was closest to her at the time, beckoning her to come to bed with her. She'd never admit it, but Misaka hated the idea of sleeping alone in this place, no matter how familiar and comfortable it had become.

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Project Esper | Lab

"Goodnight, Alex.", Jennifer said to Alex as he left. It had been a rather long day, but it seemed all had turned out well in the end.

As Jason looked through the files, he quickly scanned each one with his HUD and recorded it for later. It took very little time for Jason to run through the folder, and once he was done, he laid the folder onto the table and looked to the two remaining people in the room, almost as if expecting them to do the same and head to bed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X