Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LilyScarlet
    replied
    Oceans of cali
    ((Well well.... looks like I struck a damn nerve... heh, this should be fun to scare the rest of the men that haven't met me. I'm guessing that means the thing I saw was in fact his intended target.))

She closes her eyes as she is thinking this, as her demeanor begins to slowly shift towards her more... cold persona. She starts to seemingly become almost a different person from the view of an outside perspective and the feel from her would seem almost... off. Her eyes would open and they seem almost like a cold and calculating killer, prepared to search for it's next victim. She gives a cold smirk towards his direction before giving a simple and emotionless, "Oh? YOU want information from me? Okay. I'll explain all that I saw then, giving you a full run down of what I could see from my distance." before going on about how far off, the speed they must've been travelling, which directions she could see the trees fall in which order they fell. She also left out all of the things she was doing in the meantime so that he wouldn't get ticked off more than he already was. This probably would've taken quite a bit of time explaining considering she was trying to remember things that would've stuck out to her, but she would eventually get through the whole thing and look over to him.

"was that enough of an explaination for you, 013?" She says back in her cutesy persona, seemingly instant.
    Last edited by LilyScarlet; 04-14-2019, 10:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Koishi
    replied
    Site 47 | Research Wing

While there wasn't exactly a face to look at, Matis could easily tell the cloud's anxiety from their movements, the antsy nature, unconscious movements, and numerous other smaller hints that Matis had learned to pick up on over the years.

"Calm yourself, you need not worry." Matis's voice shifted somewhat, shrouding their professionalism with a somewhat soothing tone, a facade that was near indistinguishable from an actual caring voice.

"All I need for you to do is answer some questions for now as best as you can, alright?" Matis affirmed. "If you don't know something, just say so. First question: What is your name, or what do other people call you?"

Leave a comment:

• SUSTIC
    replied
    Site 47 | Research Wing

From the way they seemed to practically tower over him, right down to their faintly glowing red eyes and the way this scientist stared at Bandit. It was safe to say that Bandit was feeling quite anxious in front of them. Their sharp stare for a moment made Bandit feel like he was going to remember something. Like he's been on the receiving end of a similarly sharp, analytical gaze from someone else. For a moment he almost felt like he was in trouble or something. Like he broke some sort of rule. In the end however his mind was drawing blanks, and he completely forgot about that nagging feeling in the back of his head as he quickly scurried over to the chair and sat down, still looking a little more than nervous.

Leave a comment:

• Koishi
    replied
    Site 47 | Research Wing

"An evaluation of sorts, yes." the scientist spoke as they finished their work, scribbling down some notes on a datapad of sorts before fully turning their attention to the cloud-like being, giving them their first full look at the scientist in question. Their general body structure and face made it hard to tell an immediate gender, though one could easily note their features being quite sharp, their brown hair well-kept and short, and most notably, their eyes, synthetic in nature, internal optics narrowing as they looked up and down at Bandit, the faint red glow they emitted being somewhat intimidating in combination with their height, dwarfing the gas-bag.

"Greetings. I apologize if I looked distracted, but I was finishing up a study." they started. "My name is Matis Draem. I imagine you have places you'd like to be, so if you would please sit down, we can get started." the doctor's voice was quite cold and professional in tone, betraying no emotion as they grabbed a notepad and pencil, sitting down themselves as they gestured to the chair opposite them.

Leave a comment:

• SUSTIC
    replied
    Site 47 | Research Wing

Bandit didn't say much else as he gave a nod and halfhearted wave to Soane as he entered the room.

The green gas man took a few steps into the room and looked around, as if he was looking for anything possibly dangerous. He didn't say much at all until he spotted the lone scientist in the back. The scientist seemed a little too preoccupied with another experiment at the moment to notice Bandit. Prompting the little green gas fellow to make a noise as if he was clearing a throat he likely didn't actually have. Bandit then spoke. "Um.... Hello? I'm here for.... testing or something."

Leave a comment:

• Koishi
    replied
    Site 47 | Research Wing

"That it is." Soane replied, single eye narrowing akin to a camera shutter at that last statement. "And please don't make their work difficult. We get enough problems as it is with some of those we keep here. Regardless, they shouldn't keep you for too long regardless. 30 minutes, at the most."

Then, Soane slid a card by the reader beside the door, the heavy bulkhead-like door opening quickly in response as it gave an affirmative beep. "Now, go on, they're waiting."

Inside the lab was quite sterile, with bright white walls combined with a smooth gray floor. In the back was a single scientist, hunched over as they poked and prodded a small sample of... something encased in a glass container, Gloves attached allowing easy handling through the container. They only spared a small glance towards the door as it opened, still focused on their current work as Soane finished talking.

Leave a comment:

• SUSTIC
    replied
    Site 47 | Research Wing

"No... I'm good. I think I'll save any more questions I have for science guys here. . " Bandit replied as he looked at Soane. For a moment he looked like he was beginning to contemplate something, as indicated by him placing his hand on his chin for a moment. Though it seemed as if whatever he was thinking of wasn't important enough for him to mention at all as he appeared to do what seemed to be him taking a deep breath. "So guess this is goodbye for now. Until they need you to wrangle me up for whatever reason. Heheh..." He joked as he looked at the entrance to the lab.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    Project Esper Bunker

In Jason's mind he could tell that he had inspired some level of confidence in his new allies, a driving force that would see them through to the end of the conflict. Misaka was almost stary eyed as she listened to his explanation, Stalker had a fire burning in his belly and Network was so pumped it gave her a small adrenaline rush. With this she was able to further enhance Jason's ability, making it nearly 3 times stronger than before.

Even Alex couldn't help but smile as he rotated the large room, making the door slide to the exit on the other side. ("huh. You know I'm actually starting to like you.") he admitted before stepping out of the room and sliding the wall once more so the door was facing neither entrance. anyone who might come to this side would have not one but two walls to break through. ("I'm going now. Good luck everyone.") he said transmitting his final thoughts before his connection to the network was shut off by his reflection.

A single leap was all it took Alex to ascend up the ladder and out the hatch. He used the wind he generated from his quick movement pushing it out towards the door hatch to push it open before he reached it. The white haired boy took in a deep breath from his nose, taking just a moment to smell the forest air one last time before it would be tainted by blood and gunpowder. He then firmly tapped his foot to the ground, sending vibrations through the ground far to subtle for human ears to pick up, but to Alex this would relay helpful information about where the enemies were and how many of them he had to contend with. Luckily for the others Raina could already do this, and Jason probably had some sort of radar or sonar in his armor.

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Project Esper Bunker

"What should we call you Jason?" echoed in his head for a good second as he thought about it. It was true, the others had their own codenames and if he was going to join them, however briefly, he was going to need one as well. With that in mind, Jason quietly thought to himself as he tried to formulate one. Truth be told he could have named himself just about anything. Who and what he was was expansive, consisting of many titles and identities. Achilles was his project name. Ares was his armor. He was a super soldier... If that was the case, then what was he? Who was he?

("Who am I? I was just a kid when I was taken, taken by men who tell the general populace that they are the good guys. They play god with other peoples' lives, shattering families, and eradicating undesirables. They believe themselves above the law and above any sort of ethics. Who are they to believe themselves as God, preaching their holier-than-thou utopian propaganda up on their breadbox when they have so many skeletons in their closet. I was lied to. Everything I was told, everything I was made to believe was a lie. My life, my body is proof of just how corrupt they are. My very existence is their sin...")

It was then when he knew what he would be called. That three letter word that encompassed the entirety of his creation, that compressed his whole story into one word. It was perfect. Finally, Jason thought to the others.

("Sin.")

To be perfectly honest, Jennifer was perplexed by the name, as others would likely be. She even looked over to their new teammate as she thought to him.

("What? Sin?"), hoping for some clarification for the choice in name.

("This whole time, the government I worked for, the one that raised me, have lied. They are the ones who would have themselves portrayed as the saviors of the modern era, and yet they play god and use and throw people away like mere tools to be used. They are at the top of the food chain, God, and believe themselves untouchable because nobody knows the truth. Well, I am living proof of that truth, of what they've done and are willing to do to advance their own goals... their sins. Well, as the saying goes, 'raise no more devils than you can lay to rest', and I am one that won't be swept under the rug. Not today. No, this is one devil that's come back to bite them in the ass, and I will remind them again and again of their sin for a long time to come.")

("I am Sin.")

Leave a comment:

• Koishi
    replied
    Site 47 | Research Wing
    "That is correct." Soane replied, leading Bandit down another hall as they turned right.

"Depending on the creature or item in question, it varies as to what happens afterward. Some are captured, others destroyed. It's all dependent on what exactly it is. If it's looking to harm civilians, then we usually put it down, but sometimes they have traits we want to study, thus we capture. Most of them are mostly animals. A squirrel who emits poison, or a bear that can turn it's skin to iron. Things like that. Infinitus is a quite odd energy indeed." the machine explained.

But finally, they stopped at a lab near the end of the hall.

"We're here. Any more questions before I turn you over? Or would you like me to stay?" Soane asked.

Leave a comment:

• SUSTIC
    replied
    Site 47 | Research Wing

Bandit followed Soane as they led him throughout the laboratory, and as she explained his situation compared to others, the green man just looked forward. "Oh. Guess that makes sense..."He remarked as he walked by the windows, briefly stopping by one to see what some of the scientists were doing. Though Bandit seemed to cringe at the sight of one of the creatures before he quickly went to catch up with Soane right before they turned to look at Bandit. .

He missed just the beginning part of the explanation of CULL's origins, but he did at least catch the last part. The way Soane stared at him did unnerve him a bit as he replied. "Y-Yeah I was. So now if anything strange, like me, were to be spotted you guys would try and investigate?"
    Last edited by SUSTIC; 03-07-2019, 06:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Koishi
    replied
    Site 47 | Research Wing

"Consider the fact that you're essentially talking to someone in a body that is essentially a walking death machine. Of the many, many creatures we've encountered, or those who are contained here, you're quite low on the list in terms of strangeness. Everybody here is used to dealing with the strange and mysterious. You're no different." Soane explained, as they began to walk by several labs, heavy bulletproof windows showing scientists experimenting with various pieces of machinery, or the occasional creature, much like Soane mentioned.

"As for the why of this place, CULL was founded off a deal with the government, however in more recent years, we've been slowly divorcing ourselves from them. Becoming fully and utterly independent. After the incident with the Infinitus reactors, countless mutations in creatures threatened to harm civilian populations. CULL was made to counter this, but it's since grown into something far more." Soane explained, pausing for a moment to look into Bandit's head. "Please tell me you were actually listening."

Leave a comment:

• SUSTIC
    replied
    Site 47

Bandit quickly snapped his head and stared at Soane with his blank face, but the way his body tensed up a tad showed he was getting a bit uncomfortable. "N-No no! I remember most of what they said! Like... that Commander Tatara lady being the founder of this place and whatnot. What I really mean is like... the more specific kind of 'who' is she?"Bandit tried to explain as he scratched his head. "Like why'd she make this place and stuff? More importantly... why be so. . . casual around somethin' like me?" The little gas man spoke as he crossed his arms and seemed to pout.

Oceans of Cali

013 sorta just stared at Senna with a mild tired expression on his face, and as Senna went on about seemingly pointless things, the more irritated he became. Clearly only listening to her because it was the least he could do for one of his 'siblings'. However as Senna went on to mention something she saw something in the forests before making contact with him and his team, 013 seemed to immediately snap to attention. His tired and somewhat annoyed expression becoming a lot more sharp and intense. His tone even becoming a bit more serious like a commanding officer giving orders. "Wait... You saw WHAT???" He said as he stood up and took a few steps to her. To anyone else it look like he was beginning to try and threaten the adorable little Senna. . . "I need you to tell me everything you saw. I repeat. EVERYTHING."

Leave a comment:

• Katrix
    replied
    Project Esper Bunker

Sidna wasn't too happy about the sound she got, although she did manage to map out a cylindrical room, and some more rooms further ahead. "Here's the map data, it's noisy, but hopefully useable. As you can see, there are four people behind the cylinder room. Destroy the cylinder room if you want a better map" Sidna said as she sent the map data to Ceres.

Ceres then sent the data along to the soldiers. "Here's the map data we have at the moment. Seems like there's a cylindrical room that's preventing us from mapping out the rest. Please place some charges to get rid of the rest of the wall. Remember we need to be able to get all the infrantry down into the bunker before it starts to rain" she ordered them.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    Alex quickly made his way back to the cylindrical room, but by the time he got there his wound was already closed and his arm was feeling good as new. He had to admit, these nano machines were pretty amazing. Alex began turning the walls of the room but simply pushing them with his hand and forcing the vectors in his favor. Once the door was on the other side I could go through.

Meanwhile Misaka calme dherself after seeing that Jason was alright and being assured by both he and Raina that it was fine If nothing else Jason could tell she was worried about him. Weather or not that would mean anything to him was another matter.

("Affirmative. I'll be able to broadcast their communications to everyone rather easily. Well everyone except Accelerator. His reflection gets in the way sometimes. By the way, we all use code names to avoid giving the enemy our Identities. I'm Network. Alex is Accelerator, Jenny is push, Xavier is Stalker and Misaka is Railgun. What should we call you Jason?") she asked while getting ready for the battle.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X