X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washington | Southern Forest

When the creature confirmed it wished to go with her, Trace felt relief sweep over her. The portion of her near the barrier within her Encephalon watched as these feelings streamed out of the mysterious area. What is this place? And how long has it been here? Why is it injecting these emotions into my actions? The myriad of questions that stemmed from this discovery were set aside for the moment. "Let's go, then." She reached down to pick up the small creature as her Aether Wing module folded into one booster pack. "It'll be faster if I carry you, little one."

Comment

Washington | Southern Forest

The creature tilted it's head once more as Trace's arms approached. It slightly recoiled but accepted it as it seemed to be of no harm to them. It was more warmth. It was pleasant, so they simply embraced it and barely moved as they were lifted up. They gazed around at their scenery. Everything suddenly seemed a lot smaller. This change in perspective disoriented the creature somewhat, but it adjusted quickly as it nestled within Trace's arms like some kind of blanket.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Skies of cali | close to the ocean

Having watched her brother jump down, little senna decided to follow in her brothers footsteps and.... LEAP OF FAITH! she was quick to land properly before getting quickly into the submarine, keeping her lovely sniper close to hand. She seemed almost flawless in the execution, but her thoughts were consumed with different reasons they would keep an AI such as her activated after all these years. It haunted her throughout her movements as well, showing that if someone was to look even a tad bit more closely, her movements were somewhat more stiff, more slower than her usual upbeat demeanor, even if they were the exact same movements.

California - restaurant

Erica was very confused from how this person was acting, so much so that she almost dropped her guard. "Erica." Is all she said. She knew if she didn't grab the card she would look suspicious to him more. She then takes it very quick and precise before murmuring a thanks and walking out of the resteraunt to examine the card the strange man gave her.
        "If I cut the strings that held me hostage would i fall and shatter?"

Comment

Oceans of Cali

With everyone going inside the submarine, Samantha had already loaded herself with whatever ammunition was left, same with her weapons and Sarah's "Don't do something silly, we are already in trouble." #34 warned, but also knew it wasn't necessary, and with that, she jumped off the Pigeon.

Already securing her own equipment, Lynchwood held what looked like an usb stick and docked it "Alright, everyone is out, just give me the signal to pull you out." the blonde took off her seatbelt, seeing how the remaining lights of the pilot's system were being shut down. The screen was now the last thing active, with the words "[BEACONS FIRING] followed by a [NOW].

Taking the stick out, Sarah ran to the ramp and jumped out of the ship, seeing how the beacons were being launched at random directions, and the Pigeon started flying to its last stop, in a matter of minutes, the ship would send its own signal to mix with the others.

Now im the submerging vessel, everyone would be on a bus sized room, where a small boat and two water bikes were secured, there was a hatch to the central area of the submarine, which opened and revealed an android, his optical slit light up at the sight of everyone, already scanning for any injuries or bugs "Welcome aboard ladies and gentlemen, I hope your journey was productive." he spoke with a mexican accent.

Samantha was scratching off some dirt from her helmet as she answered "Oh you are going to like it Edward, it was magical." her sarcasm was obvious.
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Project Esper | Jenny & Misaka's Bedroom

"Hey, don't you think about it. I just might make you clean it up.", Jennifer said with a feigned stern demeanor as she pointed at the girl in her bed. Even though she wasn't really upset or serious, she didn't want Raina to actually do lewd things in her bed. After speaking, she began to walk to the exit, turning around to face Raina once she reached the door.

"I'll see you soon, okay? I've gotta make sure the others aren't killing each other.", she jokingly said.

Project Esper | Lab

Upon hearing Alex's question, Jason stopped feeling the unpainted portion of his armor and went still for a moment. Jason contemplated whether or not to confirm Alex's assumptions, and eventually decided that saying such could not hurt. After all, Jason had already shown plenty of evidence that such a thing was the case. After a moment, Jason turned his head to look over his shoulder and gave a small nod before speaking.

"Yea. My blood has been almost entirely replaced by nanomachines. It allows me to regenerate and adapt to things while still functioning like normal blood.", Jason finally said. Such knowledge may have not made much medical sense to Alex or Misaka, but perhaps Shiroji would understand the gravity of such a statement.
            Originally posted by S121
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

Project Esper | Jenny & Misaka's sexy Bedroom

Raina nestled herself beneath the warm sheets of Jenny's bed and rested her head on the soft pillow. Truth be told she was a bit too tired to do anything lewd in the bed, but she could always tease Jenny about it later. The simple fact that she had no way of knowing for sure weather she did or not was plenty to work with. "Don't worry, their not." she assured Jenny before she vanished. "Love you, see you soon." she said before finally closing her eyes and resting.

Project Esper | Lab

Alex seemed a bit perplexed about what Jason had just told him. Hew knew that blood cells were made inside the bone and had a rough understanding of what it did in the body. But before He could even gather his thoughts someone else spoke up. "Damn that's gotta be painful." said the older man. Shiroji had spoken without really thinking about the current situation. It wasn't until after he had spoken that he realized what he had done. He worried about being accused of ease dropping or something. I mean it wasn't like he was trying to spy on them, they were just in relatively close proximity to one another.

"Oh.. sorry about that, it's just I... Well I had Raina moniter your fight from hear and she kept mentioning how you used your blood like some sort of shell. That causes you a lot of pain doesn't it?" He asked trying to move the conversation from him being intrusive to him showing at least a little concern for him.

Comment

Project Esper | Jenny & Misaka's Bedroom

"Goodnight.", Jenny said with a soft smile before turning off the lights and leaving. It was comforting to hear the others weren't getting in a fight with Jason, but she was still intent of checking in on them at least to see if things were going smoothly. With that, she made her way to the lab.

Project Esper | Lab

Jason was a little surprised by the old man that spoke up and snapped his attention over to him, but he didn't seem nearly as aggressive as before. Somewhat tense and standoffish, yes, but he was now at least calm enough to speak a little more openly.

"Yea...", Jason said as he looked away from the old man and down at his hands, "I guess you know the drawbacks of using them then. Doesn't matter where they are in my body, they take the shortest path they can without killing me. They burrow through my bloodstream and organs, crawl along my bones, and dig out from my skin if that's what it takes to get their job done. I'm used to it though."
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

Shiroji couldn't help himself but think that there had to be a better, less painful way of doing this. He wasn't exactly an expert on programming nano machines, but he was sure that even with his skills he could have set up something more efficient given enough time. He chose not to comment on this for the time being. He worried Jason might think he was trying to get permission to operate on him or mess with his nano machines, which Jason obviously wouldn't trust him with even if that were his intentions. That and he didn't want to offend the boy's creators in case he held some sort of weird attachment to them. Instead he thought of another way he could possibly help Jason, albeit a bit more indirectly.

"Indeed. You may or may not have figured this out but the childre... I mean the espers here aren't your typical psychics. I made several augmentations to their brains to help holster their abilities and a few more minor ones to help their bodies compensate for the changes." He said giving a bit of information, but nothing specific enough to be a breach of security. "I did all of the augmentations myself so I suppose you could say I know my way around the human anatomy." he said as he pushed his glasses back up onto his face. "In fact i still have some of my old research notes if you'd care to take a look at them.Some of them are classified of cores but I'd imagine you could make use of them regardless."

Meanwhile Alex and Misaka were quiet. It would have been difficult to tell what either of them were thinking.

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

In truth, Jason seemed a little hesitant to accept access to the notes the old man had offered, but it was intel that could prove useful in some way later on. Knowledge was power.

"Alright. They could be useful.", Jason said to the scientist. He felt just a little uncomfortable about how open the guy was, but it was better than being hostile, right?
                    sigpic

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

Shiroji just gave a simple nod andd got back to work. He was sure Alex woudl scald him later for handing over so much information willy nilly, but the old man had his reasons for what he did. Meanwhile Alex had been listening very carefully to the conversation thus far. He wasn't so much upset at the information his father had fiven Jason, none of the info given was all that descriptive or important. However it was the way in wich he had done it that bothered him. Alex could have traded that information to gather more intel on Jason and learn just what it was he was hiding from them.

Misaka on the other hand didn't have much of an issue with it. In her mind things seemed to be going well.

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

As the scientist left to go retrieve the records, Jason's gaze drifted to both Misaka and Alex to see their current reaction to him. He had neglected them for a while, and he did not know how they were now reacting to him.

Meanwhile, Jennifer was on her way to the lab, just now turning the corner in the hallway and heading down the final stretch of hallway.
                        sigpic

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

Alex's eyes seemed to be closed when Jason looked back at him, almost like he could have fallen asleep. If his face was anything to go by, Alex hadn't slept in a while. Meanwhile Misaka actually seemed to be watching a news report on what had just gone down in the fight between Jason and Alex. Jason probably could of heard the report from her phone's speakers if he were paying attention.

Near the end however left her puzzled as the doctored footage at the end where Alex apparently shot Jason in the back of the head, ending his life. Misaka knew this was fake but it was still supersizing and a bit unsettling to see.

Meanwhile out in the halls Shiroji gave a friendly wave to Jenny as he passed her by. From his expression it seemed like things were going well back in the labs.

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

Jason could see that Alex seemed to be asleep, perhaps taking this moment of respite to sleep and recover from the day. It was always better to be refreshed than tired. When he looked to Misaka, he could see that she was watching some kind of report on her phone. He did not think that any civilian agency would be capable of retrieving intel regarding the fight, which led him to believe that either the government got unlucky, or maybe someone intercepted the recording. That being said, when he heard about how HE was killed, Jason couldn't help but blurt out one word.

"Bullshit!", Jason suddenly said. He seemed to lean a little away from Misaka after saying that, clearly not meaning to lose composure over the false story.

Meanwhile, Jenny gave a wave back and continued walking. It seemed that Shiroji was relaxed, so it had to mean that things were going well with their guest.
                            Last edited by S121; 02-03-2018, 07:33 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

Misaka seemed the tiniest bit shocked when Jason spoke up. It didn't make her jump per say but she quickly looked up at him. all she could do was shrug when he heard his response. Alex however finally opened one eye to look over at the screen and observed it for a moment. "They even doctored the footage to make it look like I shot you. Now why would they do that?" he asked with genuine curiosity and confusion at the odd but intentional lie the government was telling.

Comment

Project Esper | Lab

Jason was quiet for just a moment before finally speaking again.

"I don't see what they have to gain by saying I'm dead to civilians that didn't even know I existed. Hell, the government would never send out such information anyway, so I don't understand why they would doctor the video and spread it amongst themselves. They are lying to themselves.", Jason said as he crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair.

Meanwhile, Jenny had finally entered the lab, quite curious about the sudden outburst from Jason. She saw there was no immediate danger, so she merely gave away her presence with a question.

"What's all the commotion for?", Jenny asked as she approached the group.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X