Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"... I may as well watch as well from afar to see that the others and she don't really kill eachother."

The old man got up and summoned a tree. He watched from atop.

Frank nodded. "Alright."

He then created a thick ice path across the lake to the center. I walked over while holding Beth's hand as to not slip and fall.

Comment

Lake Ljóst - Frost Path - 11:41 AM

After waiting a bit for Azeruk to recover Galdura finally found the group again. The first thing she did when she saw the group was just to complain about how it hurt from the battle. "Do you have any idea of how it feels to be burnt to crisps alive? Want to try maybe?". She formed a fireball in one off her hands and tried to intimidate Azeruk. When Azeruk had finally gotten his energy back the group continued towards the center of the lake via the frost path. "So, do you have any plans for who will make contact with the stone and in what order? Surely we can't all touch the stone at the same time. That would be very dangerous as we don't know about what will happen when we do."
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

Lake Ljóst - Frost Path - 11:42 AM

Azeruk was surprised at how quickly Galdura recovered, but felt little else, even when she threatened to burn him. He was used to getting threatened on a daily basis by bandits, and they would threaten him with much worse than simply burning him alive. Usually it was the threat of extreme torture, among other things. After Galdura finished talking about the stone, Azeruk was curious about it. Would it kill them if they touched it? Wanting to know more, Azeruk asked Galdura about it.

"What are the risks of touching the stone?", Azeruk asked Galdura in a curious tone.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Lake Ljóst - Frost Path - 11:45 AM

When Azeruk asked Galdura smirked and put her hand on his head. The next second second he was back in his old house. Somebody knocked on the door. He rammed trough the door and then the memory ended. "That was one memory. One memory maybe a minute long at most. You used about 10 seconds to recall it completely. During that time I could have done whatever I wanted with you. I could even have burned you to crisps. If that did happen it would not have been the memory that directly killed you, but it would help immensely. Now imagine if you are down there in a bubble with air and everyone touched the stone. What if we found out that every second of our lives are fake, even this and the real memories are stored there. How long would it take to recall that? Who would hold the magic up and keep us from drowning? That is why SHE can not touch the stone.".

Galdura pointed clearly at the water mage. "Who would help if someone uses more time than the others? Then you have to think about that it's not only one set of memories here, it's thousands. It's going to take time to look trough all of those sets. These are all factors we have to consider when we do this. If we don't do it right we may end up on the bottom of the ocean. I would recommend two people at a time to make contact with the stone and the time for each person is about 2-4 hours I guess. So, who's ready?"

The whole group stopped at the middle of the lake under them they could see a big glowing rock. Around the rock the water seemed to be denser and purer. Plants growing near it were greener and bigger. Everything was just greater in a way.
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          you are not alone.

Comment

Frank looked at Beth, and she nodded.

"I'll give it my best."

"Alright. Sidna, what do you want Beth to do?"

Comment

Lake Ljóst - Frost Path - 11:45 AM

When Frank asked what Beth was supposed to do she had to think about it a little herself. "I was thinking of making sort of a bubble around us so that we could breathe underwater. Judiging by the time Galdura guesses it will take some time so we also need a constant resupply of air. I don't know the rest myself. We'll just have to see when we get down there. Alright, let's start."
              Born in the light.
              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
              Keep Fighting.
              –Don't Forget.
              Always, somewhere,
              you are not alone.

Comment

"Very well," Beth said. "Get in the water. I'll make a bubble once you are in the water. However, I only have so much power."

"It should be enough time," Frank said reassuringly. He dove into the water. "Come on guys, the water is fine!"

Comment

Lake Ljóst - Frost Path - 11:46 AM

"Wait, we have to get in the water before you protect us from it? I guess there really isn't any way to not get wet." Although complaining a little Sidna got into the water. "Gah, it's so cold. Just hurry now, I'm not a good swimmer." To make herself more clear Sidna held onto the frost path even tough it was freeing cold. In the meanwhile Galdura formed a bubble around herself and jumped into the water. "I'll join up with you guys once you are under. I'm just going to take a look around."
                  Born in the light.
                  Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                  Keep Fighting.
                  –Don't Forget.
                  Always, somewhere,
                  you are not alone.

Comment

Once the last of them got in, Beth looked at everyone.

"Alright, brace yourself, because once I make the bubble there won't be anything to hold us above water, and we'll be in freefall..."

She then got prepared... And made the bubble. Everyone began falling.

"DON'T WORRY! THE SOFT SAND AT THE BOTTOM WILL CUSHION OUR FALL, BUT BE READY FOR IMPACT!"

Comment

Lake Ljóst - 11:53 AM

All the way down Sidna was swearing all over the place about how this was the last time she would ever tough any water ever again except for drinking it. Once they were safe down on the bottom and had reassured Sidna that it was over they looked over at the big stone. It was over 20m (65 ft) high and 25m(82 ft) wide. "It's bigger than I anticipated. It looks much smaller from the surface" In the meanwhile Galdura was studying the stone. When she was done she walked over the the group again. "I think Sidna should be the first one as she seems to hat water that much. Then she'll get used to it. Now who should be the next one?"

Sidna then walked over the the stone and touched it. At the moment she did the whole world started to spin. It was like when Galdura recalled a memory, but 1000 times worse. Slowly she began drifting into the land of memories. She didn't get to take to much of a look on most of them. She didn't have the time. Instead she looked at the ones that she thought had formed her and made her the person she was today. Luckily for her she found most of it. Certain memories seemed to be out of reach however. Most of them were about events that happened in the world a few years before everything disappeared. However she looked she couldn't find them. In the end she returned without them.
                      Born in the light.
                      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                      Keep Fighting.
                      –Don't Forget.
                      Always, somewhere,
                      you are not alone.

Comment

Frank got up and straightened his back.

"Agh... That was unpleasant... But I'm fine. Beth?"

"I'm alright," She replied, a few bumps here and there.

"Good. Azeruk?"

Beth walked over to Sidna, far enough not to completely distract her.

"Um... did you find anything of use?"

Comment

Lake Ljóst - 11:53 AM

Azeruk landed on his feet, but instead of letting the force slam against his feet, Azeruk quickly crouched and fell to one knee and hand, softening the blow even further.

"Good. Azeruk?", Frank asked Azeruk.

"I'm good.", Azeruk calmly said to Frank as he stood back up and brushed the wet sand from hid knee and hand.

After cleaning his hand off, Azeruk saw the giant stone in front of the group. It was of an impressive size, measuring at about 65 feet tall, and 85 feet wide. Azeruk was busy staring at the stone until Galdura spoke up.

"I think Sidna should be the first one as she seems to hat water that much. Then she'll get used to it. Now who should be the next one?"

Hearing that no one else volunteered, Azeruk spoke up.

"I suppose I'll go next.", Azeruk said to Galdura.

Azeruk couldn't help but speak up. His curiosity was getting the better of him. Who knew what would happen once Azeruk touched the stone. Was it safe? What would it do to his abilities?
                          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                          sigpic

Comment

Lake Ljóst - 13:37 AM

As Azeruk touched the stone it was like his whole body was about the get crushed. It felt as if his arms and legs were pulled away from and entering the realm of memories on their own. When Azruk was well in the realm of memories things started to cool down. His arms and legs were no longer being pulled away from him. Instead it felt as if his brain was torn to pieces and impaled everywhere by the big stream of memories. He could see his childhood, his victories and defeats, all that happened to him. He too however could not find memories of the events happening in society a few years before the incident. After a while the stream of memories began to fade away and he returned to reality step by step.

A few minutes before Azeruk fully awakened Sidna got up. Something was different from last time saw over here tough. There were several marks of something burning along the sea floor in addition to what looked like craters. It all looked like some sort of attack had occurred while they were processing memories. Most of the other were just sitting there and waiting. Galdura was sitting a few meters away and writing something in a book. "Oh, you're awake. Took some time, we would be in trouble if you didn't wake up soon. The whole process took about 2 hours."

When Galdura didn't mention anything about any attack Sidna got a bit confused. She looked around again to make sure she wasn't just imagining stuff. Even tough she tried talking about something else first. "So, what are you writing down." Galdura looked up from the book and suppressed a little laugh. "You make new discoveries every day. As a scientific person I have to write them down. Did you know that if someone touches the Stone of Memories as I've called it here, they enter a state of possessing thousands of memories for just a short time? Now what is it that memories cultivate. Magic. When we're talking about this type of memories. Raw magic. Raw magic is controlled to a much higher degree than normal magic with emotions and feelings. And what emotions were you two going trough? Pain. Pain definitively leads to using destructive magic. That is the reason why you see that area as it is now. We had void sphere and lasers thrown at us every few seconds. In other words whoever goes next have to make sure they get the other to make a cage of some sort to keep them from using any magic. So, who is it that is going to go next?"
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

Lake Ljóst - 1:37 PM

Azeruk woke up from the memory binge and sat up to look around at his surroundings. There were craters everywhere, but what could have caused them. Despite Azeruk's head still hurting a little, he stood up and walked over to one of the craters. As soon as he approached, he could see what caused the sizable crater in the ground. The one he was looking at came from a laser. He had seen what lasers were capable of, and based on the shape of the crater, along with the small traces of glass at the bottom of it, Azeruk could tell that a Light Mage caused it. The only problem was, Azeruk was the only Light Mage here. Did they et attacked? If they did, then why wasn't there any damage done to any members of the group? Where were the enemys' bodies? Where were the enemys' footsteps in the sand? Something didn't add up, so Azeruk asked the others about it.

"What exactly happened here? I don't think we got attacked by anyone, but there's a bunch of laser-based craters... Did.. I cause that?", Azeruk asked in a slightly confused tone as he pointed at the crater beside him.
                              sigpic

Comment

Frank looked around. He was extremely uncomfortable, taking advantage of the ancient stone that he had been protecting for so long. But as long as there is no long term damage...

"... I guess I'll go next," Frank said. "Beth?"

"Oh, no, don't mind me," She said, waving her hand. "I'm quite comfortable not knowing."

"I guess if that is what you wish."

Frank then went up to the stone and reached his hand out to touch it.

Comment

Working...
                                X