Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frank gave a weak smile. "Yea... See... Remember how the house was burnt? The only group of clothing I have is the night lurker uniform..."

But the he snapped up. "Ah, that's right! I used to run a brewery, and one of the regulars is married to an outfit designer. But because the people here are poor as compared to the worth of the outfits, she usually arranges to export them to bigger cities. Though it's not too popular, her brand is well known in some circles. Ever heard of the brand 'Silk Clad Armor?' She owns it herself. To make up fit the time it takes fit her to make the outfits, her outfits are rather exquisite. I'll check if the regular is there."

Frank lead the group to the brewery. There, the customers either cheered the arrival of Frank, wolf-whistled Sidna, or complained about how the rum is not like that which Frank serves. "Settle down, I have an announcement to make. I'm leaving on vacation, but I'll be back as soon as possible."

The customers either cheered on Frank's well deserved vacation or complained about missing the taste of Frank's special additive. Frank turned to Sidna. "Look for a large man with a large red beard. I'll search the east."

Comment

Myrkur - Pub 10:53 AM

Sidna was a little bit skeptical about the idea. They couldn't wait for too long. They needed the disguise right now. They didn't have any money to pay with either. And ontop of that it was the question if they even had something that could be used as a disguise. She decided it was worth a try tough and began looking for the person Frank had mentioned.

After looking for some time she found the man in a corner of the pub. She sat down beside him while trying not to frighten him or anything like that. "Ehm excuse me. Me and my friends kind of need a few disguises so people don't recognize us and we blend better in with people in the village and we were wondering if you had any you could lend us. The reason I'm asking you is because I heard that your wife makes outfit and I tough you might have something leftover."
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

The man stared at Sidna.

"... Ja. So? If ju expect to get outfits free just for knowing knowing her, ju've got anozer zing coming."

Frank stepped up. "Don't worry, she's with me."

The red-bearded man stood up, revealing to be at least a foot taller than Frank. The two stare eachother down intensely. Then, the large man blinked and Frank smiled. "Gotcha."

The big man gave a hearty laugh to be mistaken for that of a Viking. "Frankalin, jour eyes are rocks!"

"Glad to meet you too, Augustus. How's the wife?"

"She's doing quite fine for her age, she iz."

"Great. But listen, I really need to by some outfits. We're going under the radar for a bit."

"No need to vorry, vriend. Come, I'll take you to her."

The group headed to a house, and inside was a vast array of clothing, ranging from ball gowns to medieval dresses to tailcoats.

"Sylvia,.I'm home, and the Frankalin boy as vell!"

Out came a gorgeous woman in a dress. "Why, hello there! How can we help you today?"

"We just need some clothing to hide our identities. Something came up, and we need to hurry. I suppose this can cover it all."

Then Frank pulled out a small bag... Filled with gold coins. Sylvia was surprised.

"W-wow, a-are you sure? I mean, this is simply too much!"

"Please, I insist. I have more, after all."

Sylvia took the bag. "Thank you. Please, take whatever you like."

Frank turned to Sidna. "Let's Hurry. We don't have much time."

Comment

Myrkur - Outfit store 11:06 AM

When pulled out the bag of money Sidna was quite surprised. And supposedly he had even more. The only thing she was a little bit worried about was that he might have given a little bit to much. There could be that there came times in the future when they would need something like that too. She guesed the money had to come from the small pub he had. If people got to drink they would pay regardless of the prices. As long as SYSTEM didn't do anything she guessed it would be safe.

When they got their outfits they immediately put them on. They couldn't waste any more time. Things were dangerous enough as they were. "Alright. Now we just need to stop that transport. I'm guessing they'll be using horses at least part of the way on the way there. Do you have any idea? Personally I haven't really dealt with horses for most of my life. Horses aren't to much use in a forest if you know what I mean"
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          you are not alone.

Comment

As he was choosing his outfit, Sylvia came around with a peculiar bag in hand.

"Hey, I know something that would really suit you. A guy like you, you would look perfect for the outfit I recently made."

"Oh, really? What is it?"

All of a sudden, out of the bag, she pulled a near exact replica of the Night Lurker uniform. "In honor of our vigilante, I even have the cute little mask he has!" She said as she pulled out the comedy mask representing the Night Lurker. Frank tried to keep calm, but inside he was flustered.

"Thank you, but it wouldn't suit me. After all, I don't really like fighting. However, I do like this tail coat."

"Yes, it is one of my best work along with the outfit your friend got. As a matter of fact, some famous composers wear that same one. Now then, you have to hurry, no?"

Frank took the tail coat. "Thank you. Hopefully, our leave will not take long."

"Please, come back any time."

Frank walked out the door. He heard Sidna's statement and agreed that it was a predicament indeed. "That's a tough one... well, Uncle Boar has taught me a lot of things about horses. I had my own named Night Steed. I don't know too much about their nature though, but they do tend to freak out when approached by an obstruction or loud noises. Perhaps if we could just create a scene without attracting attention towards ourselves. However, we must also close off any exits, or else we will lose the horse. Here's my plan. Try to obstruct the horse's path and I'll use my ice magic to create ice spikes to drive it to a path of our own. There, we can lead it to a cape on the lake where the horse will have nowhere to go. There, we can fight off SYSTEM and rescue the woman. The bonus is that we'll already be by the lake. What do you think?"

Comment

Myrkur - Outfit store 11:07 AM

Azeruk had remained silent for a while, not speaking, but thinking. They needed a plan to find a way to quickly and easily stop the horses, and Azeruk had the means to do so.

"I've got an idea. I can easily stop the entire transport using solidified light, Hardlight. We can pass through, but they won't be able to exit. We will be able to do whatever it is we need to do and leave. I'll also be able to create bright flashes, disorientating everyone inside the bubble and allowing us enough time to get in and get out without conflict. I can also travel at the speed of light, allowing me to take the girl without them even knowing what happened. It would be as if she simply vanished., Azeruk calmly said to Frank and Sidna.
              Last edited by S121; 10-05-2013, 10:28 AM.
              Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

"Good idea. But do that and they will be searching through the locals for a light mage. How about you make the barrier and stop them. That's when I come in. They'll see me and assume that I'm the light mage. Plus, they're looking for my twin brother who happens to be an ice mage. *wink* Alright. Are you guys good with the plan?"

Comment

Myrkur - Outfit store 11:08 AM

Azeruk thought for a moment and tried to come up with a way to preserve Frank's identity. If he showed his face to SYSTEM, there was a chance that they would ignore his "twin brother" story and capture him. Frank needed a way to change his appearance and quickly change back.

"There's a chance that they won't fall for it. How about we find you a disguise? We need something that can hide your whole body, but can also be quickly applied and removed. It could be as simple as a cloak and mask. What do you think?", Azeruk asked Frank.
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Myrkur - Outfit store 11:09 AM

Sidna had been listening to the other coming up with a plan. When Azeruk mentioned disguise Sidna had a bright idea. "I know. I have void magic. Magic to remove something. But no void magic is perfect. The changes won't last forever. In fact I can cancel them faster if I want to. This disguise could be as simple as removing something your hair or something." At the mention of removing Frank's hair she couldn't keep herself from laughing. "What do you say? It could work pretty good. It's easy too. Anyway, I guess we have to hurry. I don't know how much time we have left." With that Sidna left the Outfit store. Now they just had to find them.
                    Born in the light.
                    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                    Keep Fighting.
                    –Don't Forget.
                    Always, somewhere,
                    you are not alone.

Comment

"Well, remember I've still the Night Lurker suit. Sidna can apply some changes, maybe Azeruk can bring in some light to blind them, it just might work. Now then, to hurry."

With that, they headed to the inn. "We can use these tracks in the snow left over to find where the others have taken her. Leave the tracking to me. Uncle Boar taught me the skill of hunting, including tracking. Follow me."

They followed the tracks.

Comment

Myrkur - Outside Outfit store 11:10 AM

Azeruk followed behind, ready for whatever they might encounter. Azeruk thought about SYSTEM and what kinds of weapons they might use. They would possibly have those "crossbows". If that was the case, then Azeruk had to be sure to put Hardlight around everyone before they attacked. Depending on the amount of SYSTEM agents, Azeruk might turn himself invisible and speed around them, quickly dispatching them as he goes. They didn't have a lot of information about their goal, but Azeruk was good at quickly adapting his plans and himself for any situation.
                        sigpic

Comment

Myrkur - Following tracks 11:20 AM

After they had all reached a decision they all began following the tracks. While the others were busy tracking them Sidna began preparing Frank's disguise. After some experimentation the found a good look that wasn't too similar, but still didn't look too much like just a costume. After some time they came close enough to actually see the cart. It was guarded by 6 guards in addition to their leader. The guards were wearing firearms while the leader instead had what seamed like a long spear. The leader also stood by not wearing the standard uniform worn by the other guards. The women they were after was inside of the cart together with a bunch of other men that seemed like they were going to the same place as the woman. "Alright we've reached them. Now what?"
                          Born in the light.
                          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                          Keep Fighting.
                          –Don't Forget.
                          Always, somewhere,
                          you are not alone.

Comment

Myrkur - Following Tracks 11:20 AM

Azeruk stared at the carriage and after a couple of moments, looked back at Sidna.

"First, I create a light barrier. Then, Frank attacks. In the ensuing chaos, I'm going to sneak down below with invisibility and provide distractions, like blinding people and knocking them out.", Azeruk quietly said to Sidna.

"You guys ready?", Azeruk asked Frank and Sidna, awaiting their confirmation before initiating the plan.
                            sigpic

Comment

Myrkur - Following Tracks 11:20 AM

"Alright let's do this. Just remember that if things go bad we may have to resort to combat. Just get the woman out of here so that she can still help us. Other than that, let's go". She then just sat back aiting for the others to do their part of the plan. "If I see any magic I'll try to block access to magic to the nearest mage around you. Just give me a signal if you want me to change focus." Now everything depended on how the others performed and how lucky they were.
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

"I'm ready as well. I'll try not to hurt them, but I will try to intimidate them. If that doesn't work... I'll try not to kill them."

Frank looked on at the check point.

"On your mark..."

Comment

Working...
                                X