X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Ljóst - 1:39 PM

When Azeruk asked what had happened Galdura told him. "Well I guess you could say we got attacked. You two used quite a bit of magic while going trough those memories. It seems to start when the person have found their memories. Anyways, I guess I'm the one that should go next. Before that however I think you should take this. That's where most of the magic I use come from." She gave the necklace that was hanging around her neck with the marbles to Sidna and Azeruk. She then turned around and ran up to the stone. "Oh, by the way. Be sure to make some sort of barrier to stop our magic. As you have touched the stone your magic potential should have increased by then folds temporarily" She then touched the stone, leaving Azeruk and Sidna alone.

"Alright we should seal them in or something. Got any suggestions? I guess I coul kind of make a nullification field, but I don't know how effective it would be. Now more on the interesting matter. What do you think that necklace is? Personally I've never seen anything similar. Any idea of how it works?"
    . Sidna hand over the necklace to Azruk so he could study it.
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

Lake Ljóst - 1:41 PM

"Don't worry, I'll create a Hardlight bubble around them and keep them from blasting us. Just to be safe, you should probably follow suit and create a voidshell ojn top of my Hardlight bubble, just in case they do break through.", Azeruk said to Sidna as she handed him the other necklace.

Azeruk didn't pay much attention to the necklaces before until Sidna gave the second one to him, but now that he had a good look at what he was holding, Azeruk's eyes widened slightly in surprise. Azeruk didn't quite know what these necklaces were, but he was sure of one thing. The necklaces looked very similar to "magic boosting" equipment. Now that Azeruk thought about it, the rock was like one giant magic booster as well.

"I think I know what these are...", Azeruk said to Sidna as he slowly turned his gaze from the necklaces to her.

"Back in the forest, some of the higher ranking bandits would carry items, charms, and other ornaments that boosted their magic output. I never knew how they created them until now. You see, in order to create a magic boosting piece of equipment, they would sacrifice either one of their captives, or each other, then somehow place their essence into the item. I knew what they did, but not how the process worked until now. When they sacrificed the people for the items, they weren't placing their souls into the items, they were taking their memories and imbuing them into the items, kind of like that stone over there.", Azeruk explained as he motioned over to the giant stone Frank and Galdura were getting ready to touch.

"I don't exactly know what these are, but they are possibly some kind of magic boosting necklaces.", Azeruk said to Sidna.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Once Frank touched the stone, images flashed before him. The first was of a man in all black and a mask covering up his lower face kissing the hand of a woman with an expensive looking ring.

The next was of that same masked man lurking in the shadows. He had a kunai in his hand, seemingly waiting for something.

The last was of the masked man again. But this time, he was standing over a bloody corpse... And the kunai in his hand was covered in blood. The masked man had a straightened hand vertical to his face, his fingers touching his forehead as if he were praying.

Frank shot back, wide eyed.

"Huff... Huff... What was that? I didn't recognize anyone. No one looked like me..."
        Last edited by wonderweiss; 11-27-2013, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Lake Ljóst - 4:26 PM

After the other two had touched the stone things seemed pretty peaceful. Sidna had found a few of her books and tried researching the symbols on the necklace as none of them depicted completely normal magic elements. "As far as I know, void and Time are the only elements on those marbles that resembles magic that we can actually use. Even then both of them are pretty rare. The other three marbles seem to be the healthiest ones to say it like that. However I have no idea of what they do. Do you think this might in fact not be a device for boosting magic, but actually create it? And then there is that weird stone in the middle. It doesn't seem like the others at all. It's not bound to a element or anything." Sidna then continued looking trough another book she had.

When she was in the middle of looking trough the next book Frank woke up. "Oh, hello how was it?" Sidna removed the shield around them for just a moment so Frank could walk out. "Oh, come on. What did you see? You're as pale as a ghost. It can't have been that bad." Sidna then continued looking trough her book. "Why don't you help us here instead. We're trying to find out what that necklace that Galdura constantly wear does. We think it's something like a magic boosting device. I don't think we have much time however as you just woke up, so she's probably waking up too soon." Just at that moment Sidna flipped another page and found something. "This is it. Ancient civilizations. Apparently there was a civilization that existed long ago in the east that had a different type of magic. They didn't have magic like we know it. They had one element and that was it, infinity. They could manipulate infinity. Now the interesting thing is that the symbol they used for it matches what's on one of the marbles. Unfortunately that's most likely all we got. The rest of the book cover religious topics. Now, my question is this. Where did she get such a powerful artifact? What should we think about her if we consider this?"
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          you are not alone.

Comment

Frank walked out.

"Oh... it's nothing... Hey, is it possible to, ya know... receive someone else's memories? I couldn't see anything but a woman's hand. I'm pretty sure I'm not a woman last I checked. I also saw a man that was murdered, but I'm still here, alive and well, no scars. There was also a man dressed in all black and a half mask. He looked like an assassin. He was the one that killed the other man in my memories, but... I would never do such a thing. I must have gotten someone else's memories... right, Sidna? Azeruk? Galdura?"

Comment

Lake Ljóst - 4:29 PM

What Frank told her puzzled Sidna for quite some time. It took a minute or two before she answered as she tried to think of why. "Honestly I don't think you can just receive someone else's memories. Let's not forget that we really don't have any idea of what happened 10 years ago. For all we know the gender of some people might have been switched. I don't know for certain about the memories case tough. Galdura is the real expert at memories. Maybe you can ask her when she wakes up. In the mean time we could try to figure out more about this necklace." Sidna threw it to Frank. "Why don't you try to cast some sort of magic and just focus on infinity somehow and we'll see what happens. There's not much else we can do at the moment as she is still asleep. I'm guessing that she will wake up soon, but she have been sleeping for quite some time. Think that something is wrong maybe?"
              Born in the light.
              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
              Keep Fighting.
              –Don't Forget.
              Always, somewhere,
              you are not alone.

Comment

"Alright. I'll think of it another time."

Frank grabbed the necklace. He begun thinking deeply.

"Think... Infinitively..."

He used his power to try and freeze the bubble.

"Infinite... Infinite... I'm doing it..."

He froze the bubble... And he could feel a power.

But the bubble popped. The group was flooded as Beth struggled to make a new one. Frank was soaked.

"*cough cough* .. Well... It seems thinking deeply *cough* about infinity isn't quite the same as thinking infinitively, heheh..."

Comment

Lake Ljóst - 4:30 PM

Azeruk was slightly angry for getting drenched by the sudden surge of water and looked over at Frank.

"Would you rather I try. I'm a little more focused.", Azeruk said.
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Frank handed the necklace to Azeruk.

"How do you think you'll achieve... 'infinity?'"

Comment

Lake Ljóst - 4:31 PM

Azeruk grabbed the necklace and as he did so, he answered Frank's question.

"I plan on achieving infinity by not bounding myself with limitations. The very definition of infinity is everything and then some. The possibilities are endless, and because of that, so are the upper limits on the wielder's power. You have to keep an open mind and accept all possibilities, everything. You don't try to focus on infinity, you embrace it like you're floating in the ocean, if that makes sense.", Azeruk explained to Frank.

Azeruk may have been young, but he did seem wiser and more intelligent than he looked. After explaining what he was going to do, Azeruk lightly clenched the necklace in his hand and instead of focusing on the necklace itself, he focused on the necklace's energy being transferred into his body. As Azeruk kept this mental state, his body began to glow brighter and brighter from his Light magic, and the point where it was brightest was in his left hand, where the necklace was. As the overwhelming feeling of invigoration spread and intensified throughout Azeruk's body, Azeruk raised his hand above his head and formed a colossal, thick bubble of solid, golden light around Beth's bubble.

"I think it's working.", Azeruk said to Sidna and Frank as he continued to focus on embracing infinity.
                      sigpic

Comment

Lake Ljóst - 4:31 PM

When Frank tried to use the necklace only to get them all wet she got a little angry. She huried to use some of her magic to remove water from the books that were now wet. When Azeruk was going to try again she quickly protected all of her belongings as she feared the same thing would happen again. Maybe it was best to try something else. When she heard what he said however she was a little bit calmed. At least it seemed like he kind of knew what he was doing.

What she saw however completely blew her mind. He managed to create a giant bubble of light. Something that would exhaust a normal person in seconds. It didn't stop there however. She couldn't even touch it with her own magic. It was rawer than her own magic. "I did expect something but this is just incredible. It's gigantic, it's one of the rawest forms of magic I've seen rivaled only by Galdura's own magic. That's probably why she even manage to control such powerful magic. Then there is the fact that you're combining them. I've heard of combining magic types to get a special effect, but this is just amazing. That makes me wonder...". Sidna quickly opened one of her books on the different types of magic. "Here it is. Two of the types of magic hat stone carries are the void and time magic. I didn't really bother to mention it too much as they booth look drained anyway, but could this mean that also Void and Time magic is types of magic that integrate very well with other types of magic? Then there is another thing I thought of. If you used these types of magic, could you use them across the globe and similar things? The question I want the answer to the most tough is why only some of the marbles look like they don't have any energy. Where did it go? Who used it? How can we bring it back?"
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

Lake Ljóst - 4:32 PM

Azeruk still held the bubble of solid, golden light stable, but he was still able to talk to Sidna and Frank. Azeruk felt that he was using unbelievable amounts of energy to power the bubble, but somehow, he didn't feel fatigued. In fact, instead of him running out of light energy and needing to recharge, it was as if Azeruk had the power of the sun within him. He was generating his own energy without needing to focus.

"What if we somehow channel the power of infinity into them? The bead of infinity has infinite power, so it's worth a shot right?", Azeruk asked Sidna as he looked at the other beads.

"Oh, and can I get rid of the light bubble? My arm is getting tired.", Azeruk added.
                          sigpic

Comment

Lake Ljóst - 4:33 PM

Sidna thought of what Azeruk said for a little while she at the same time read a little trough her book. "I don't know. While it is and idea it would be kind of dangerous. And of course you can get rid of it. Come over here and see in the book instead. If you think about it both time and void magic have a lot in common. They are rare, they are raw, they are powerful and they are supposedly what's called primal aspects. The very fundamental pieces that make up our world. Currently we don' know how many there are and how many you need to have a functional world, but we are sure that there are not just those two." She then opened the other book on the ancient civilization. "Supposedly they said 'Infinity is what makes up the world'. By this they could have meant something different, but it may also mean that also infinity is a primal aspect."

"The theory further states that these primal aspects back each other up and creates the others in a way. Infinity gives the other aspects infinite power. Time allows the other aspects to be dynamic and so on. My guess is that if the other marbles also contain primal aspects, they back each other up just like that. Thus if one is removed the others can not exist, leading me to think that the energy is out there somewhere. If we replaces the place that energy lives in a sense it could be pretty dangerous. For all we know the whole necklace would be destroyed. I have a idea tough. What about me trying to temporarily fill that marble with my magic. I already use void magic so the only bad thing that could happen is that some of the energy may flow over if it all returned. What do you think, or am I just being stupid now?"
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

Lake Ljóst - 4:34 PM

Azeruk thought about Sidna's plan and concluded the same idea as she did.

"I don't think it would be too dangerous if you try. If it doesn't work, then I'll use the infinity bracelet to contain the runoff void magic.", Azeruk said to Sidna.
                              sigpic

Comment

Lake Ljóst - 4:37 PM

Sidna then channeled all of her magic into the necklace. "Alright here goes nothing". She then proceeded to use her magic like she always did. As this was the same type of magic that she used in her daily life she didn't have to find out how she used it. A pocket of water disappeared outside the bubble, but nothing more. "Well that's disappointing. I guess it's only a container for magic. Now I wonder where all the magic went in that case. We may never know." She then drew all of her magic out of the necklace again and placed it in one of her bags. "I guess we have to go to a library to find out what that thing really is. I guess we just have to wait for her to wake up. Here is a question to pass the time tough. What do you think her true magic type is? Or could it be that she dosn't have any magic at all and that she dras all of her power from that necklace?"
                                Born in the light.
                                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                                Keep Fighting.
                                –Don't Forget.
                                Always, somewhere,
                                you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X