Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gah!, let me change my sword then >_<

And it is done

By the way im honored to be part of the inspiration
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Oh question: what limitations did you have in mind for time magic? If ya didn't have anything in particular I would use the limits I had in my story.

i.e. take each aspect of time manipulation and set what happens in each scenario

>In My story's limits: Going forward in time, not very taxing on the user, however going back in time could kill the user depending on their spirit/will. stopping time for extended periods will drain the user's physical stamina...again the catch is spirit/will as there are those, such as the Guardians (remember I'm taking things straight from my book) who have an incredible mastery of time manipulation. Each Guardian, however, mastered a certain aspect of it. Aetheron: going back in time, Erebos: Going forward in time, and Aion: stopping time. Thus, Aetheron is the only one who can truly manipulate the aspect of going back in time in my story, so in here I would keep the ability for him to go back. This means he cannot go forward in time, but he has minimal ability to stop time (so it's like a percentage, where Aetheron is 75% going back and 25% stopping)

Oh and edited my app with Aetheron's sword

>Added These facts:
      Weapon: A longsword called Dimidiae. It is tied to him by spirit, in a sense it is a small fragment of his spirit. Because of this trait, it cannot be removed from him (i.e. physically impossible for him to drop it or to throw it. but he can sheath it into the scabbard.) It has a sister sword held by his brother, Erebos, which bears a similar design save for an inverted hilt. The sword is made of a form of colorless crystal that is supposedly unbreakable. The cross tree is white and has the texture of feathers, yet is actually made up of the same material as the blade.

Despite being a part of his soul, it is considered one of the artifacts of Heaven's Forge.

Trivia: The pommel stone of the sword bears a resemblance of a crescent moon encased in a clock face...
      Trivia: Some believe that he is actually blind as he never looks at whoever he is talking to...

Edit 2: Oh and the role of Priest of the Temple of Time (puts on green cap) Shrine of Time (how bout something snazzy like Shrine of the Eternal?)...what ish the history of the role?

Oh and I'm thinking about just having him guarding something important in the Halls of Time, which could we say there is some ruins of what appears to be a mansion yet is reduced to nothing but almost the outer walls and the foundation? This would have been the physical resting place of the Halls of Time, while it still exists in the past (Think Temple of Time in LoZ: TP.) a gateway in the ruins would lead to the actual Halls of Time.
      He would occasionally appear here and there as sort of a soothsayer with some cryptic message and may assist someone in order to change the future (despite his job description.)
      Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-05-2013, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Name: Kami

Race: Abain

Magic type: Necromancy

Weapon: two thin black dual swords. there doesn't seem to be anything special about them.

Faction: Sanctuary (Leader)

Appearance: She has short, snow white hair and red eyes. Her face is soft and smooth giving her the appearance of a very young person. She is somewhat short being only slightly taller than 152cm. (roughly more than 5 feet) She has a very slender and immature body with flawless fare skin. Her clothing appears gothic being mostly black and dreadful looking. She wears a black cloak with dark grey sigils and runes carved into the stitching. She normally keeps her hood up to keep people from seeing her face but now and then she takes it off again. The cloak stops just beyond her crotch area ending it somewhat torn shreds of cloth. Below that she wears black leather pants and matching boots. Her goal was to look like the grim reaper.

Personality: Kami has been deeply emotionally scared by what happened to her people in the past. she's somewhat immature in the seance that she thinks she is never wrong. Despite how cold and crule she can be towards the rest of the world, Kami has a soft spot in her hear for her fellow necromancers. She has taken the few she could find in and protected them as if they were family. She also has a soft spot for children and always makes an effort not to harm them. She is a very optimistic thinker. she believes she can change the world and make it a better place.

History: Kami was born not long before people started discriminating against the necromancers. At a tender age the girl water her mother, her father and her older brother murderd before her very eyes and her home, the necromantic shrine burned down. Kami's grandmother and former priestes quickly grabbed the book of necromancy and the child and fleed the enemy. They evaded he enemies for nearly a year, in which time Kami's grandmother came up with a plane that would keep Kami from being hunted. The wise old woman created a doll that looked like her granddaughter and bound a soul to it. The doll had gained life. The wise old woman with a tear in her eye kissed her granddaughter's head and left while she slept leaving the book behind for her. When the enemy found the woman they saw here their with the doll they asumed to be her granddaughter. though she faught bravely the former priestess was heavely outnumberd and without the book overpowerd. Heartbroken Kami took the book of necromancy and continued wondering on in the weilderness alone. For the next 500 years Kami did nothing but study and read the necromantic tome in hopes that somehow, someway she could bring her familly back. Her studies unfortunately only showed that it was impossible to completely revive a person. However while studying she learned a long forgotten secret about not only her tome, but the tomes of every other kind of magic as well. Using what she had learned she began trainning, planning and working day and night for the day that she could fight back against the evil that had taken her family away. over the corse of the last 500 years Kami has raised an army of undead and created multiple high powered undead with free will. General Rem the powerful lich, General Dante the paladin slayer. the giant dragon upot which rests her shrine. and a creature known only as "The unholy beast" at the age of 900 Kami entered Limbo in search of souls to use for weapons as well as one very large project she had in mind. on her 1000th birthday she finally managed to pull it off. creating an alternate plane of existence. it was a tiny realm, a pocket dimensions if you will but it server a great purpose. The place was meant to be a Sanctuary for necromancers and their undead. It was appropriately named Seiiki.

Strengths: Kami is very skilled in necromantic magic and has even mastered the book ability for her magic type. She is very enchantment savy and can cast simple enchantments on any item by simply touching it. the more complex enchantments take more time but can still easily be done.

Weaknesses: Kami can not fight well in melee combat. She is a caster and a summoner and an enchanter but not a swords-woman by any means. She still keeps her swords by her just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by troublexassassin View Post
          Name: Kami

Race: Abain

Magic type: Necromancy

Weapon: two thin black dual swords. there doesn't seem to be anything special about them.

Faction: Sanctuary (Leader)

Appearance: She has short, snow white hair and red eyes. Her face is soft and smooth giving her the appearance of a very young person. She is somewhat short being only slightly taller than 152cm. (roughly more than 5 feet) She has a very slender and immature body with flawless fare skin. Her clothing appears gothic being mostly black and dreadful looking. She wears a black cloak with dark grey sigils and runes carved into the stitching. She normally keeps her hood up to keep people from seeing her face but now and then she takes it off again. The cloak stops just beyond her crotch area ending it somewhat torn shreds of cloth. Below that she wears black leather pants and matching boots. Her goal was to look like the grim reaper.

Personality: Kami has been deeply emotionally scared by what happened to her people in the past. she's somewhat immature in the seance that she thinks she is never wrong. Despite how cold and crule she can be towards the rest of the world, Kami has a soft spot in her hear for her fellow necromancers. She has taken the few she could find in and protected them as if they were family. She also has a soft spot for children and always makes an effort not to harm them. She is a very optimistic thinker. she believes she can change the world and make it a better place.

History: Kami was born not long before people started discriminating against the necromancers. At a tender age the girl watched her mother, her father and her older brother murderd before her very eyes and her home, the necromantic shrine burned down. Kami's grandmother and former priestes quickly grabbed the book of necromancy and the child and fleed the enemy. They evaded he enemies for nearly a year, in which time Kami's grandmother came up with a plane that would keep Kami from being hunted. The wise old woman created a doll that looked like her granddaughter and bound a soul to it. The doll had gained life. The wise old woman with a tear in her eye kissed her granddaughter's head and left while she slept leaving the book behind for her. When the enemy found the woman they saw here their with the doll they asumed to be her granddaughter. though she faught bravely the former priestess was heavely outnumberd and without the book overpowerd. Heartbroken Kami took the book of necromancy and continued wondering on in the weilderness alone. For the next 500 years Kami did nothing but study and read the necromantic tome in hopes that somehow, someway she could bring her familly back. Her studies unfortunately only showed that it was impossible to completely revive a person. However while studying she learned a long forgotten secret about not only her tome, but the tomes of every other kind of magic as well. Using what she had learned she began trainning, planning and working day and night for the day that she could fight back against the evil that had taken her family away. over the corse of the last 500 years Kami has raised an army of undead and created multiple high powered undead with free will. General Rem the powerful lich, General Dante the paladin slayer. the giant dragon upot which rests her shrine. and a creature known only as "The unholy beast" at the age of 900 Kami entered Limbo in search of souls to use for weapons as well as one very large project she had in mind. on her 1000th birthday she finally managed to pull it off. creating an alternate plane of existence. it was a tiny realm, a pocket dimensions if you will but it server a great purpose. The place was meant to be a Sanctuary for necromancers and their undead. It was appropriately named Seiiki.

Strengths: Kami is very skilled in necromantic magic and has even mastered the book ability for her magic type. She is very enchantment savy and can cast simple enchantments on any item by simply touching it. the more complex enchantments take more time but can still easily be done.

Weaknesses: Kami can not fight well in melee combat. She is a caster and a summoner and an enchanter but not a swords-woman by any means. She still keeps her swords by her just in case.
          Hmm mind if I had Aetheron be like a "Friendly Rival" of Kami? Appearing with cryptic messages of sage wisdom (which may or may not coincide with advise from her advisors if she has any...) and sometimes coming in to either stop or aid her?

oh and I could have Aetheron play like this "card" on her the first time they meet. (possibly at sword point)
          - Aetheron: You wish to see your parents again? Do you wish to see all that you lost, all that was, be once more that is? *lowers sword* What would you do for such an opportunity?... *sheathes sword and waits for response*
          *after response* Of course... *Turns and paces slightly*
          (if she is attacking something) your meddling here would lead to that which I cannot allow, thus I must ask you to leave.
          (if someone is attacking her) Run. Your fate lies elsewhere. For the sake of the future, run!
          Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-05-2013, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Tewi chama, can I add a rare ability, anatomancy (key word is anatomy) it's the ability to manipulate the shape and size of your o own body parts. Book magic: biomancy, the ability to manipulate your healthy being.

Comment

@ Cucoo5 The limitations for time magic are a bit different. You can not stop time all together but you can freeze it within a specific area. Kinda like on code geace if you've seen it. Reversing time can be done somewhat easily but you are not turning back time on the whole world, you are turning it back for a single object or a small area. If a glass breaks you could use your magic to return it to a time when it wasn't broken. However you can not return a dead person to a time when they were alive. It is possible to stay forever young using time magic but it's very very overcompensated, highly dangerous and it's also the time magic taboo. (each magic has one or more taboos which i'll mention later)

As for you're request about a relationship between two players i do encourage this kind of thing. One thing i'm not so clear on though. did you want it so Aetheron knew Kami before she started the war? and if so how long ago did they meet and when?

@wonder. Sorry no i'm not adding any new kinds of magic. the ones i have now i balanced them carefully so anyone with creativity could make a powerful character with that kind of magic while not being to overpowered for the other kinds. I won' add a magic that i know little to nothing about since it could potentially be unbalanced overpowered ect. Please chose from the magics available and have fun.

@Kristia: It's no problem and to answer you're question from before 20ish for a Yaju. Well 160 - 200 would be around that age. I'm trying to leave age and character customization mostly to everyone's imagination within reason. for example since Lore is only about 2000 years old no one can be 8000 years old ect. so long as you don't break the logic of Lore you're free to edit you're character as much as you please in any way you like.

Comment

Ok...well...for Aetheron knowing Kami...
                *bah* Ok If I keep Aetheron similar to what he was from my story, he's been around the block a few thousand times. so let's say he managed to survive since almost the beginning, maybe like a pupil to whoever made the book of chronomancy, but again, no real records of his existence ever...existed. So he's been in the background learning as time went on, he separated himself from his brother (I don't think Erebos would fit in this story at all...so I would allude to the fact that Aetheron has a brother, nothing more.) So...his relation with Kami would be sort of like a guardian who never revealed himself to her in the past as she was not ready. Now he believes it is time.

Also on time magic. You went and tackled a very complex system where trying to keep loopholes to a minimum will be difficult.
                You can not stop time all together but you can freeze it within a specific area.
                Ok so that would make things interesting for him to "get around" in his instantaneous fashion. Sounds like the way I was going to limit gravity control in my story...
                So freezing in an area, could the caster move within the area of frozen time? Could it be used in a very cruel fashion where the caster could create a small area inside an opponent? What would be the maximum radius or what would be the limiting factor for this?
                Reversing time can be done somewhat easily but you are not turning back time on the whole world, you are turning it back for a single object or a small area.
                So would time travel be possible? Could a person be sent back in time? Could a book like a journal of the future be sent back and remain intact? (what I planned the Blood Tome of actually being...or could I say that the Blood Tome is linked to a future Blood Tome and has been enchanted so that anything written in it would be sent to the past version of it...?) And if it's of an area, would it not be possible to open a door way to the past or should I say a window into the past?
                It is possible to stay forever young using time magic but it's very very overcompensated, highly dangerous and it's also the time magic taboo
                overcompensated? I'm going to say ya were saying: "Trying to remain young is an attempt to compensate for the effects of aging, which would affect abilities, ect." or something else? And the problem is that this would not really be a taboo ability unless ya have some story behind it?

Comment

Okai ^^alright, let's go!

Name: Toran

Race: Undead

Magic: Geomancy, no book

Faction: undecided/ neutral

Weapons: N/A

Personality: He is actually known as the smartest zombie in creation. His mental stability used to make zombies follow every command without a doubt has been exchanged for intelligence. He is calm at first, but because of his lack of mental stability, he can go crazy at times. However, for some reason, he's struck with a bad case of unfortunate events similar to events that happen in a slapstick comedy, i.e. say he's waking along and all of a sudden he gets run over.

Appearance: Rather normal except fire his gray skin. He has long brown hair that covers a knife hole in his head. He wears a blue tshirt and brown pants.

History: He was merely a normal human. He had a brother, a sister, two healthy parents and a pregnant wife. But one day, while he was out getting food, two men invaded their house asking for an arcane stone do that they can find the rarest one. The family was killed off one by one. On rage, he killed one of the men, but the other, being the leader, killed him. His body was found by Esmeralda Megrande. She took his body to her sister, a necromancer.

The necromancer wanted her 'pet' to be more than ordinary zombie. She switched his mental stability with intelligence. The necromancer took his memories as a human as well. She sent him on several missions, but the most notable one was the attack on the city of Toran. He used a forbidden technique to reduce the town to ruins. Impressed, the necromancer named Toran at last as a trophy for his victory.

However, with intelligence came hits humanity and he grew feelings for her. Then, she noticed and was disgusted. Toran was distraught, and therefore lost his mental stability (our what was left of it) and went on an all out assault on her by surprise. He escaped safely, but no one knows what happened to the necromancer, especially whether or not shed even alive any more, for her body was not found. He now travels in search of somewhere to live in peace.

Strength: he is the smartest zombie ever made. Plus... He's a zombie.

Weakness: He is highly prone to bad luck.
                  Last edited by wonderweiss; 09-15-2013, 02:49 AM.

Comment

I have a question.

Do we start out with the books stated in the first post?

Can we learn anything from them despite the fact that they are of a different school of magic?
                    Originally posted by S121
                    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                    sigpic

Comment

You know that suddenly reminded me...
                      What is the technological era this world is in?
                      for as start: pre or post industrial?
                      ...oh and I thought I read something that long range weapons were still in the form of bow and arrow?

@S121
                      from what I gathered, the books are "locked away" in a sense. The book of chronomancy for example is in control of a king. Though as trouble said for my character, ya can say they had a chance to study and memorize it, but the magic is not as powerful as it is when they are in possession of it.

le derp on me if I missed a point.
                      Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-05-2013, 04:28 PM.

Comment

So many questions to answer.
                        I mentioned in the first post that they have recently gained chariots so it's midevilish,

S121 i'll state where each book is when i post the IC post.

Cucoo for your magic to directly effect a person the way i always did it was you had to first make phisical contact with them. For example in my last rp my character Seki could turn anything combustible using fire magic IF she could touch it and if it had combustible elements to begin with.

No time travel is not posible as it would require you to return back time for the whole world. that would not effect aging of others or change who was alive or dead. the same people who are alive now would be alive after you turned back time. you would really only change things like Terran. You wouldn't be able to do this anyway without godmodding since no one character can be this strong. time magic i s meant to be used for smaller things like making yourself move faster or fall slower. think like Sakuya and use common sense and you won't go wrong.

The thing about you being a hidden gardian over Kami and having been around since the war of the fates would make you a very important support character. I'll allow it but in the spirit of fareness you must do just that. support. You may have you're moment and your battles but it won't be the IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THIS moment. if you can accept that i'll allow the connection. (you will need to change your history a bit if you haven't already) If this confuses you think of it like being Merlin the wizzerd in the story of king Aurther.

@Wonder: i'm happy to see somone picked the undead race. Only a few notes. First Kami's generals are undead and very smart actually. When an undead gains free will they also have a chance to gaim memories of their past making them. You're character to have fallen in love and then had been able to kill his former master would mean he has free will as well. He can't exactly be a (9) and be the SMARTEST zombie but you can still say he is a lot smarter than the common zombie. Or you can make him not a (9) and keep him as the smartest zombie. Other than that you're approved. just tweak you're profile a bit before posting on the IC (which i will have up today)

Edit: @ s121 you can learn from any book you read but learning the secrets of anouther magic type will not enable you to use it.

Comment

Cucoo for your magic to directly effect a person the way i always did it was you had to first make phisical contact with them. For example in my last rp my character Seki could turn anything combustible using fire magic IF she could touch it and if it had combustible elements to begin with.
                          Using a game mechanic from PSO2, most attacks needs a visual path i.e. if you see it you can see it and no obstructions are between you and the target then you can hit it. There were some attacks that it didn't matter what there was between you and the target, if you could get a lock on it (i.e. see it once) then you could hit it. I would think you mean the former.

No time travel is not posible as it would require you to return back time for the whole world. that would not effect aging of others or change who was alive or dead. the same people who are alive now would be alive after you turned back time. you would really only change things like Terran. You wouldn't be able to do this anyway without godmodding since no one character can be this strong. time magic i s meant to be used for smaller things like making yourself move faster or fall slower. think like Sakuya and use common sense and you won't go wrong.
                          hmm this was the tricky part that I had to deal with in my own story and I developed a nice solution that prevents loopholes like this...because now your limiting it to a point where it would be simpler to call it telekinesis.
                          And I don't really like Silver the Hedgehog... >:\

What I had in my story was what I nicknamed Time Phase, the ability to slip into a stream of time flowing in various ways, forward faster, slower, or even backwards. Sort of like the concept of electron jumping, you need a certain amount of energy to slip into a different stream and thus doing so could kill you if you did the phase shift unaided. This would allow a form of "time manipulation" while keeping it extraordinarily limited in use. To phase shift into a different time stream means you remain in the physical world but your going at various speeds, going back technically "kills" you in the original time but puts you back where you were in the past. This is where it gets tricky. Because time naturally wants to return to one state, you have to expend a lot of energy to fight for control of yourself when you return to the past, as you will eventually return to the way you were then instead. Thus this limits traveling in the past. Future is the same way and is dangerous if you don't know what your going into. I would say a loophole is that you could write something in a book and it would not be effected by the time returning to its natural state, thus one could go back, give in, and then read what the future them wrote.

Now this was Sakuya's ability of time manipulation straight from the wiki:
                          She possesses an ability to manipulate time, so she is able to stop time. Furthermore, it also seems like she is able to change the speed of the flow of time. However, as it is difficult to reverse events that have already occurred, and since she is not able to return broken things to how they were originally even if she reversed time, in reality, it is not possible to reverse time.[1][5] However, she is able to do things to the extent of moving things back to where they were originally.[1] She is also able to tamper with space, which is very closely related to time.[1][6]
                          Now In this model I would be ready to accept this as the physical ability of a character. Now picking the Sakuya model means infinite time stopping at will......so that would require another limit...

But in short, if your not careful, you'll wind up with glorified telekinesis rather than time manipulation.

The thing about you being a hidden gardian over Kami and having been around since the war of the fates would make you a very important support character. I'll allow it but in the spirit of fareness you must do just that. support. You may have you're moment and your battles but it won't be the IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THIS moment. if you can accept that i'll allow the connection. (you will need to change your history a bit if you haven't already) If this confuses you think of it like being Merlin the wizzerd in the story of king Arthur.
                          This is how he is in my story. He cannot technically interfere too much by his duty as assigned by the Master of Time. That's Aion's job. however there are moments he cannot ignore and must involve himself directly. In the endgame of my story, he delays an onslaught of "parasites" from reaching my main characters Aion and his friends. He does not fight the final battle, only an offshoot. so in short yes, what you think I'm thinking is correct, sort of like a merlin except he keeps himself more distant. He only appears for moments that are beyond subtle manipulation (I.e indirectly sending a letter that appears to be from someone to some army to go and aid Kami.) for moments that would threaten her life immediately that he overlooked in his planning.

EDIT: fixed his history bio.
                          Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-05-2013, 06:40 PM.

Comment

I guess I should have specified. By (9) I mean... I don't know how to say it. He's smart, but he lacks common sense and, well, a lot if bad things happen to him. Anyways, thank you for you're business.

EDIT: Just edited personality. Check it.
                            Last edited by wonderweiss; 09-05-2013, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Oh and how many characters could we introduce? I got 2 others that would be in the fray of things more so than Aetheron.

Comment

The IC thread is open. I'm ganna go pass out now. night.

Comment

Working...
                                X