Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i suppose the city is already under attack, isnīt it?

Ok trouble, goodnight ^^
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

How's that for bad luck? A beast you're off his leg and sent him on a chase. Can't compare to that... Yet...

Comment

in the future as things progress, where would be a good place to put the ruins of the Halls of Time? Various artifacts in the Halls themselves could be found and might prove a useful place to stock up on things if the plot ever so needed.

If anything might just eliminate the concept...but it would be interesting as it could prove a nice hiding place for the king to hide the chronomancy tome if need be.

Also I want to know more about this general of tempus you mentioned...is he to die in this battle?
        Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-06-2013, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Is it okay to have technology based in magic?

My character was going to start off in a wizard's tower filled with "advanced technology".

Think Dwemer from Skyrim and Morrowind.

(WARNING: Large images.)
          Spoiler:

Last edited by S121; 08-04-2015, 05:26 AM.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Qwestiun: who lives in the land of cinders and Ashes? Humans? If so, are they normal civilians?

Comment

For what Tewi wrote in the IC, it seems like a normal village, but the fact that the fire temple can add the high chance of having fire users on it
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Oh I came up with a middle ground between the Sakuya Time manipulation model, yours, and mine.
                Gotta just get it down on paper.

Why am I so persistent on this topic? Simple: trying to get rid of possible loop holes and confusion where it would be "at your discretion." That always annoys the crap outta me when it becomes that instead of definitive rules where "This is what you can do and here is the price that must be paid in order to use it."
                Rather than having the "Oh you can't do that after all..." system.
                Also it allows for more elaborate tragedies to happen...fufufu... *is keeping Aetheron exactly as I have him in my story...ah the tragic death of a guardian~*
                Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-06-2013, 11:27 AM.

Comment

I'm adding the currently known alternate realms one can travel to on the maps location posts.

Cucoo as far as your worries about time magic. The reason i was trying to limite it so was that it could be used as much as any player would want without being stupidly over powered. Like if you touched someone you could age them into dust but you could not just age them out of existance from a mile away. And after thinking about it i will give skilled chronomancers the ability to move backwards in time, HOWEVER! it is imposible to change the corse of events you observe in the past. Allowing time mages to change the past would allow for massive godmodding. Also since none of us really know what the future of the rp will hold you can not travel to the future.

Wonder in the land of sinders and ashes are humans and abain. fire and water useers live there along with a few earth and wind. the lands were at peace before the attack so the only locations you won't find a little bit of everyone is the wind sshrine and the silverwood grove.

S121 It looks cool but make your character page so we can talk about it.

Comment

Ah I just edited my post with a big concept...

Here...this is what I came up with and I addressed every aspect you had and what I had.
                    Again like what you are trying to do is keep it underpowered, which is the ultimate challenge.
                    Now I have this which should be pretty sound and fool proof. If you can find a loop hole that would be an issue let me know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Standard and Advanced (Taboo) Time manipulation.

Standard:
                    (This is what you had in mind in the end and I think I'm just rephrasing it so that it makes sense and has no discretionary loop holes...)
                    1: Ability to create areas of stopped time. Affects everything within a radius. The more areas and the bigger the area(s), the harder it is to control and maintain.
                    2: Ability to accelerate the time of an area in either direction of time. (i.e. age something or make it "younger".) This is incredibly difficult to control and maintain (in other words attempting to reverse a person or object back or forward in time (make younger/newer or older) takes an incredible amount of energy and thus could kill the user as it would drain the user of his energy as well.) To make the change permanent would need aid of more power sources/casters, otherwise the affected region would just return to the way it was. More like a means to "see" into the future or past. On what you proposed, changing a small object would be possible by this as it is a small object/area and would be a small time frame being affected. Thus it would be a proportionality that I would need to write up for this story on what "power" sources can be used. The aspect in which it can affect a person can be considered Taboo, which I think is what you were attempting to explain.

Advanced (Taboo):
                    (My system basically)
                    Time Phase: The ability to slip into a different time stream in order to "travel in time."
                    There are 3 main types of Time Streams: The one flowing forward, backward and the one that isn't moving at all.
                    There are sub streams of the first 2 moving at various speeds. When the user phases into a stream, they expend energy. For the entire period you remain in a time stream different from the natural, you expend energy. Thus it is possible to die in a time stream.

Each time stream has a certain rule:
                    The Stopped - Easiest to enter. Like when Sakuya stops time in the world, except the user is not stopping time, the user is experience the world as if time was stopped. This allows the user to navigate the world as it is at the moment the user phased into that time stream. They cannot interact with the world except if they were to bring something else into the time stream which would then drain their energy faster if unaided.

The Forward - To eliminate the possible argument that the normal time stream could be considered forward flowing, let us put the condition for it that it is the natural time stream that the dimension exists in. Now looking at the forward stream you would be in the stream and exit at a certain point in the future as yourself in the future of the current state of the present and past (fluctuations of the entire time stream...I'll discuss this towards the end). Now the aspect that will be the same between the forward and backward will be the fact that once the user enters the future version of the user, they will retain their present self for a certain period of time before they return to their future self unless they expend more energy to remain that way, which would ultimately prove dangerous. In other words the user would experience the future for a glimpse and then fade into what they were. Now it would be possible to phase back and attempt to return to the user's own present time, however as the user has already expended energy, they would be too weak to survive the trip. Thus traveling into the future is extremely risky as the user in the present would fade away from existence.

The Reverse - Similar to traveling into the future however the more practical, yet still challenging to manipulate. The user would return to their past self (with similar conditions as stated above where the user has a limited time before returning to how they were, unless they expended energy to remain their present self over their past self.) Now the practical aspect is that by returning to the past, the user could change something (like write some knowledge into a book.) in order to change the future. Most of the time, it becomes extremely difficult to change the future the further back one goes as time is flexible and will attempt to return to the way it was before the user attempted to change it. Thus quickly going back to change an event is the easiest (i.e. the user is about to get crushed because they triggered a trap. could go back and stop themselves from triggering the trap, However this is more a one time deal as to continually go back would exhaust the user and thus prove fatal.)

Now for Fluctuations of the Time Stream: The reverse aspect contains a portion of what I mean. To go back and change the future in the past would then mean one could then travel into the future and see the result. However, again the implications of traveling to the future still apply.

End result: Time Phase costs stamina and life force, and the cost is proportional to the extent of the effect/traveling in the stream. Moving forward or backward in time is the most costly of the 3 and also the riskiest as what happens to the user is unknown when going to the future but going to the past is more straight forward, however could still prove futile.

EDIT: Because I think this would be pertinent to clarify the traveling back in time portion... This is more to create books of prophecy. I.E The Blood Tome Aetheron carries
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now on to Light magic without the book :>

fufufu I'm the one that will pick through your brainz...oh yes I willz~
                    Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-06-2013, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Name: Azeruk (Why so unoriginal? Because I have a hard time thinking of names. Besides, it reminds me of sand. It's fitting for a time mage.)

Race: Human (Altered by his teacher.)

Magic: Chronomancy

Weapons:
                      Spoiler:
                      Throwing Spikes:
                      Spoiler:
                      These metal spikes measure at about 2 inches in length and 9 millimeters in diameter, and both sides are sharpened to a point. Azeruk uses wrist holders to keep the spikes ready at all times.

Throwing Knives:
                      Spoiler:
                      What you would expect from throwing knives. He carries two types. The black ones are heavier and are meant for closer range, while the silver ones is for long distances and accuracy.

Two Scimitars:

Handheld Throwable Bombs:
                      Spoiler:
                      These bombs are the creations of Azeruk's teacher. Thanks to Chronomancy, Azeruk can make them explode instantly after pressing the button, or make it explode after hours, or even days.

Faction: Unaffiliated. He's lived with his Teacher his whole life.

Appearance: Dark brown hair, almost black, brown eyes,lightly tanned skin tone, medium build, 180 lbs, and stands at 5' 10''. Your average looking person. He wears a chestplate, gloves, and boots made from the same materials of the constructs. Based on his current situation, he will add and remove armor.

(Armor Set)
                      Spoiler:
                      His armor isn't that heavily worn. Go to the second Chestplate picture for the shiny variant.

Full armor
                      Spoiler:

Chestplate and Lower Tunic
                      Spoiler:

Boots
                      Spoiler:

Gauntlets
                      Spoiler:

Personality: Azeruk is a fairly easygoing person and accepting toward those around him. He occasionally jokes and sometimes snarks about certain situations. He can be a little hot-headed, depending on his mood, but is a pretty patient and kind person overall.

History: Azeruk doesn't remember too much about his childhood. When Azeruk was a baby, he was one of the few surviving members of a town that was attacked by bandits. Azeruk's teacher, Chronux, aided in the relief effort, trying to help the locals recover from the attack. Eventually, Chronux found Azeruk in a burned out building. After trying to find Azeruk's parents, he was eventually told that they were taken away by the bandits. Chronux followed the bandits' trail off to their encampment, but was too late. Azeruk's parents, along with some of the other villagers, were being eaten by the cannibalistic bandits. After disposing of the entire encampment, Chronux saw little choice and decided to take care of Azeruk. If he gave him back to the village he would surely starve to death, due to the state of the town's farmland and resources. Thus began Azeruk's new life as an apprentice.

Through the years, Azeruk trained in the ways of magic and thanks to his teacher giving some of his own power to him, he could use Chronomancy. It was harsh training, due to his teacher creating obscenely heavy suits of armor, then forcing Azeruk to run around the tower. Little did Azeruk know that it was to train his body for the physical and mental stresses of time magic. Azeruk was taught how to create various contraptions and how to perform alchemy. He helped Chronux maintain the various mechanical automatons and gained a further understanding in weaker arcane cores.

Four months after Azeruk's 18th birthday, Chronux eventually succumbed to old age. Before he died, he gave Azeruk his magic stone heart. Chronux knew that a time stone was very valuable and that people would try to take it from Azeruk, so with the aid of magic, Chronux embedded the stone into Azeruk's body, giving him the full capabilities of a Chronomancer. He left Azeruk in charge of the tower and gave him a list of instructions, hints of what to do if he ever felt lost, or if he didn't know what to do next.

Strengths: Azeruk is smart, strong, and strong willed. Thanks to his training, Azeruk can run covered head to toe in armor, but he prefers not to be that heavily armored. His education was exceptional, thanks to his teacher, Chronux. Azeruk knows how to make various potions and contraptions, including his grenades.

Weaknesses: Azeruk is strong willed, but it can sometimes lead to him being stubborn. Azeruk dislikes doing things against his will and will often times be passive aggressive, or make snide remarks.
                      Last edited by S121; 08-04-2015, 04:57 AM.
                      Originally posted by S121
                      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S121 View Post
                        Name: Azeruk (Why so unoriginal? Because I have a hard time thinking of names. Besides, it reminds me of sand. It's fitting for a time mage.)

Race: Human (Altered by his teacher.)

Magic: Chronomancy

Weapons:
                        Spoiler:
                        Throwing Spikes:
                        Spoiler:
                        These metal spikes measure at about 2 inches in length and 9 millimeters in diameter, and both sides are sharpened to a point. Azeruk uses wrist holders to keep the spikes ready at all times.

Throwing Knives:
                        Spoiler:
                        What you would expect from throwing knives. He carries two types. The black ones are heavier and are meant for closer range, while the silver ones is for long distances and accuracy.

Two "Scimitars":
                        Spoiler:

Handheld Throwable Bombs:
                        Spoiler:
                        These bombs are the creations of Azeruk's teacher. Thanks to Chronomancy, Azeruk can make them explode instantly after pressing the button, or make it explode after hours, or even days.

Faction: Unaffiliated. He's lived with his Teacher his whole life.

Appearance: Dark brown hair, almost black, brown eyes,lightly tanned skin tone, medium build, 180 lbs, and stands at 5' 10''. Your average looking person. He wears a chestplate and boots made from the same materials of the constructs. (Will post picture soon.)

Personality: Azeruk is a fairly easygoing person and accepting toward those around him. He occasionally jokes and sometimes snarks about certain situations. He can be a little hot-headed, depending on his mood, but is a pretty patient and kind person overall.

History: Azeruk doesn't remember too much about his childhood. When Azeruk was a baby, he was one of the few surviving members of a town that was attacked by bandits. Azeruk's teacher, Chronux, aided in the relief effort, trying to help the locals recover from the attack. Eventually, Chronux found Azeruk in a burned out building. After trying to find Azeruk's parents, he was eventually told that they were taken away by the bandits. Chronux followed the bandits' trail off to their encampment, but was too late. Azeruk's parents, along with some of the other villagers, were being eaten by the cannibalistic bandits. After disposing of the entire encampment, Chronux saw little choice and decided to take care of Azeruk. If he gave him back to the village he would surely starve to death, due to the state of the town's farmland and resources. Thus began Azeruk's new life as an apprentice.

Through the years, Azeruk trained in the ways of magic and thanks to his teacher giving some of his own power to him, he could use Chronomancy. It was harsh training, due to his teacher creating obscenely heavy suits of armor, then forcing Azeruk to run around the tower. Little did Azeruk know that it was to train his body for the physical and mental stresses of time magic. Azeruk was taught how to create various contraptions and how to perform alchemy. He helped Chronux maintain the various mechanical automatons and gained a further understanding in weaker arcane cores.

Four months after Azeruk's 18th birthday, Chronux eventually succumbed to old age. Before he died, he gave Azeruk his magic stone heart. Chronux knew that a time stone was very valuable and that people would try to take it from Azeruk, so with the aid of magic, Chronux embedded the stone into Azeruk's body, giving him the full capabilities of a Chronomancer. He left Azeruk in charge of the tower and gave him a list of instructions, hints of what to do if he ever felt lost, or if he didn't know what to do next.

Strengths: Azeruk is smart, strong, and strong willed. Thanks to his training, Azeruk can run covered head to toe in armor, but he prefers not to be that heavily armored. His education was exceptional, thanks to his teacher, Chronux. Azeruk knows how to make various potions and contraptions, including his grenades.

Weaknesses: Azeruk is strong willed, but it can sometimes lead to him being stubborn. Azeruk dislikes doing things against his will and will often times be passive aggressive, or make snide remarks.
                        Approved

Comment

Originally posted by Cucoo5 View Post
                          Ah I just edited my post with a big concept...

Here...this is what I came up with and I addressed every aspect you had and what I had.
                          Again like what you are trying to do is keep it underpowered, which is the ultimate challenge.
                          Now I have this which should be pretty sound and fool proof. If you can find a loop hole that would be an issue let me know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Standard and Advanced (Taboo) Time manipulation.

Standard:
                          (This is what you had in mind in the end and I think I'm just rephrasing it so that it makes sense and has no discretionary loop holes...)
                          1: Ability to create areas of stopped time. Affects everything within a radius. The more areas and the bigger the area(s), the harder it is to control and maintain.
                          2: Ability to accelerate the time of an area in either direction of time. (i.e. age something or make it "younger".) This is incredibly difficult to control and maintain (in other words attempting to reverse a person or object back or forward in time (make younger/newer or older) takes an incredible amount of energy and thus could kill the user as it would drain the user of his energy as well.) To make the change permanent would need aid of more power sources/casters, otherwise the affected region would just return to the way it was. More like a means to "see" into the future or past. On what you proposed, changing a small object would be possible by this as it is a small object/area and would be a small time frame being affected. Thus it would be a proportionality that I would need to write up for this story on what "power" sources can be used. The aspect in which it can affect a person can be considered Taboo, which I think is what you were attempting to explain.

Advanced (Taboo):
                          (My system basically)
                          Time Phase: The ability to slip into a different time stream in order to "travel in time."
                          There are 3 main types of Time Streams: The one flowing forward, backward and the one that isn't moving at all.
                          There are sub streams of the first 2 moving at various speeds. When the user phases into a stream, they expend energy. For the entire period you remain in a time stream different from the natural, you expend energy. Thus it is possible to die in a time stream.

Each time stream has a certain rule:
                          The Stopped - Easiest to enter. Like when Sakuya stops time in the world, except the user is not stopping time, the user is experience the world as if time was stopped. This allows the user to navigate the world as it is at the moment the user phased into that time stream. They cannot interact with the world except if they were to bring something else into the time stream which would then drain their energy faster if unaided.

The Forward - To eliminate the possible argument that the normal time stream could be considered forward flowing, let us put the condition for it that it is the natural time stream that the dimension exists in. Now looking at the forward stream you would be in the stream and exit at a certain point in the future as yourself in the future of the current state of the present and past (fluctuations of the entire time stream...I'll discuss this towards the end). Now the aspect that will be the same between the forward and backward will be the fact that once the user enters the future version of the user, they will retain their present self for a certain period of time before they return to their future self unless they expend more energy to remain that way, which would ultimately prove dangerous. In other words the user would experience the future for a glimpse and then fade into what they were. Now it would be possible to phase back and attempt to return to the user's own present time, however as the user has already expended energy, they would be too weak to survive the trip. Thus traveling into the future is extremely risky as the user in the present would fade away from existence.

The Reverse - Similar to traveling into the future however the more practical, yet still challenging to manipulate. The user would return to their past self (with similar conditions as stated above where the user has a limited time before returning to how they were, unless they expended energy to remain their present self over their past self.) Now the practical aspect is that by returning to the past, the user could change something (like write some knowledge into a book.) in order to change the future. Most of the time, it becomes extremely difficult to change the future the further back one goes as time is flexible and will attempt to return to the way it was before the user attempted to change it. Thus quickly going back to change an event is the easiest (i.e. the user is about to get crushed because they triggered a trap. could go back and stop themselves from triggering the trap, However this is more a one time deal as to continually go back would exhaust the user and thus prove fatal.)

Now for Fluctuations of the Time Stream: The reverse aspect contains a portion of what I mean. To go back and change the future in the past would then mean one could then travel into the future and see the result. However, again the implications of traveling to the future still apply.

End result: Time Phase costs stamina and life force, and the cost is proportional to the extent of the effect/traveling in the stream. Moving forward or backward in time is the most costly of the 3 and also the riskiest as what happens to the user is unknown when going to the future but going to the past is more straight forward, however could still prove futile.

EDIT: Because I think this would be pertinent to clarify the traveling back in time portion... This is more to create books of prophecy. I.E The Blood Tome Aetheron carries
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now on to Light magic without the book :>

fufufu I'm the one that will pick through your brainz...oh yes I willz~
                          I'll keep this short cause i'm pressed for time.

I'm very laid back with how you chose to use you're magic so long as you don't use it for godmodding. Going back in time and changing something or seeing the future could be used unfairly to indorectly metegain or cheat. At the end of the day it's just to much for me to keep up with. At the end of the day the Celestials were slain so that fate didn't have a specific corse. if you do look inot the future you will see POSSIBLE outcomes, NOTHING is set in stone. Changing the past, again to much for me to keep up with since i'm already reading every post to check for godmodding or rule breaking and also to include everyone in the story. You may see the past but not change it, you can look into the future but whet you see is only the most likely posibility other than that do wahtever you want, be creative, set tripwire traps that freaze a person in time for so long, enchant weapons, surprise me!! so long as you don't godmod i really don't care. At any rate i'm done talking about it.

Comment

meh =w= you kinda missed the catch I had with the "fluctuations" which is what you said just now again.

Anyway if you don't really have a preference I'll just follow the model that I posted =w=
                            And I'll just use it as a test run of the one concept (Time Phase) I've been balancing out for 2 years now.
                            So blah... =w=;

Edit: Ugh I try too hard to help I just wind up screwing things over =w=
                            Now I'm regretting introducing Aetheron...cause 1) now I feel like crap and 2)because I feel like he can't do anything because the main way he was supposed to work is if there was some plan. If there is no plan, then he's useless here. Unless Kami has a war strategy that (hopefully this time I phrased things correctly...) has a goal in which to attempt to obtain a certain end, only then could I set Aetheron correctly.

Otherwise I would just withdraw Aetheron and bring in a medieval version of Aion, who's abilities are more tied strictly to stopping time over Aetheron's phophetic abilities using time travel.
                            Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-06-2013, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Going to just post this here if in the end it might be simpler to replace Aetheron with Aion.

Name: Aion Leonares

Race: Abain

Magic type: Chronomancy

Weapons:
                              - Twin Sabres (one edged blades with intricate cross tree that appear to be of a raging torrent of waves. The silver blade is etched with some writings of hydromancers)
                              - Bow gun with an intricate pattern with the words of aeromancy carved into the wood.
                              - Mercurius, a crystalline blade said to be one of the "Keys" from Heaven's Forge. When the blade draws blood, it heals the user by the same amount. Also used to channel energy.

Faction: Unaffiliated - Mercenary

Appearance: (This is of him in his attire from my story)

Might say just replace the jacket vest with a longer coat
                              - Hair: Silver blond with black starburst pattern
                              - Eyes: Red
                              - Tunic: Silver with black patterns + with white long-sleeved shirt underneath
                              - Jacket: Grey with gold patterns
                              - Pants: Black with a white ornate pattern down the sides
                              - Silver Armored boots and shin guards w/ knee guards

Personality: Fierce with a passion to protect the innocent. He loathes those that seek to cause needless destruction for personal gains. However, he is willing to make sacrifices as well as make the decision to end suffering swiftly through death.

History: Having lost everything from the wars, he goes about as a sell sword. Typically being hired as a body guard. He keeps a pendant that he made for his sister, however now it holds her arcane stone. He seems to be familiar with Lady Kami. Whenever her name is mentioned he adopts a wry smile and can be heard muttering under his breath "So she's still ok...good."

Strengths: A master of the sword, he is peerless when it comes to one-on-one duels. Favors his twin swords over Mercurius

Weaknesses: relies heavily on Chronomancy and thus throws himself into the fray. As he uses the magic he quickly becomes exhausted.

Comment

What town will he start in?

Comment

Working...
                                X