X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good question...
    Part of me was thinking about throwing him into the fray but...honestly I have no idea. I would only introduce him if there is no plan that Aetheron could work towards, and thus Aion would replace Aetheron. I would withdraw anything where Aetheron is in and have Aion be the one I use instead. If I kept both then it would get interesting considering the fact that I would feel the need to bring up the way I have the 2 in my story which was a strained alliance. Aion respected Aetheron as a fellow guardian, but he hates the fact Aetheron would seem to sit back and not do anything.

Comment

Ah. I'm wondering if anyone will stay in the Land of cinders and Ashes.

Comment

I have a character that fits the type who would live in that area (and would possibly interact with a zombie without going on the offensive)
        Her name is Dalia and is the "rival" of Aion (Anyone that observes would think she's his girlfriend but...spoilers for my story, she's his sister).

In my story she lives in the lava carverns of the planet Sol Inceneron. She wields the sister sword of Mercurius, called Arke, the sword of sealing.
        Equal in abilities with blade mastery, the only thing she doesn't have similar to Aion is his mastery of time. For this story, I would say she's either a pyromancer or necromancer.

...though again I would either replace or if I go at this rate I would bring in the entire team of my story, which if I did, would mean there would be at least one of each type of magic wielder already but =w= nay I won't flood this with my characters. Though it would give me characters for me to kill off... Cause I like tragedies =w=; So either Aetheron stays, replace him with Aion and Dalia...or I look for a more comedic group and bring in Kiara and her friend Micero (totally not a magician Cicero). Kiara from my story was a water nymph and Cicero- er Micero was a dark mage...so translate to their appropriate equivalents here.

=w= so blah...

EDIT: actually I'll be lost if there's no plan no matter how I go about things. Spontaneous isn't my strong suit so I practically need some sort of plan otherwise I'm going to blunder. If I can't plan out my next moves like in a game of chess then I'm forever hopeless.
        Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-06-2013, 08:56 PM.

Comment

I added what his chestplate and other armor would look like in my character's profile.

I've always thought Dwemer stuff looked so cool and badass.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

tell you what. don't godmod and i'll let you use time magic however you want ok? and by godmod i mean cheat in a fight or directly change something you shouldn't.

Comment

=w= *sigh* I might as well shoot myself in the head right now I'm messing up so bad =w=

anyway it's clear to me now =w= that in the RPs there's never really a plan. But I just gotta know if there is ANY form of a plan so that I know what's going on so that I don't blunder and change an entire mechanic by having Aetheron show up next to like the king and whisper that he "should not watch the light fade, rather the darkness rise" which would be a subtle hint for him to look to the east for an approaching army...or something like that. And of course for that to even work is to need to know 3 moves ahead and that won't work cause this is an RP so... =w= gods how did I f*ck up so bad here and wind up sounding like a total effin' idiot?
              Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-06-2013, 10:46 PM.

Comment

I actually contemplated this.

You see, Azeruk was given a piece of paper from his teacher, Chronux. This piece of paper tells Azeruk what to do as he goes along, such as "wait at home", or "hide", sending him down a path where he will be needed. It's very hard to explain, but you'll see it in action soon.

Chronux is indirectly telling Azeruk the future without telling him anything. Azeruk knowing the future would only serve to ruin Chronux's plan.
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

gods how do you make it sound so simple?

......gods I'm going to f*ck something up again and It's just goin to be bad news.
                  I should just withdraw cause there's no way any plan can be formed here and thus any characters I make will just become useless. Gods...I'm not goin to screw up anyone's RP here.

Comment

sorry i havent posted today i'm very busy with the video and other stuff. Tomorrow i'll be more attentive.

Comment

@Cucoo

There's no need to overreact.

You just happen to be creative RPer instead of a reactive one.

You just have to learn to generate less plot like a creative RPer would do and adopt the reactive RPer's ability to go with the flow. The plot will come in due time as the story fleshes itself out on it's own. as multiple people work, the background will slowly unfold, creating a more complex world.

I would recommend giving it another try, only that you use a different approach. It might be hard to change at first, but you'll get it sooner or later.
                      Last edited by S121; 09-07-2013, 12:39 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ok I'm back and thinking straighter =w=
                        yer right, it's going to be near impossible for me to react with the fluency in which you all do cause you guys seem to be able to "make a move" and have it coincide with the other's "plan" with minimal to no need of doing anything about it.
                        you guys make it seem so easy to create a moving, living plot where everyone manages to do all the right things most of the time.
                        Me, I'm scared to make a move cause I like the intricate far too much. I want to know the story so that I can make the character live, move about, interact with its surroundings...but that's where I'm scared. If I do that It'll most likely conflict with something else. How would I have a character fight a foe if I don't even know how the foe is positioned? How do I interact with an object if I don't know where the object is?
                        "Ok I'm going to have him leap over this character in front of him fire off a bolt of energy to this pillar off to his right, and then crash into the opponent so that the energy blast ricochets into the opponent."
                        "Can't let you do that, Starbucks."
                        "wut?"
                        "The pillar is not to your right, the opponent can't be knocked back, and the character you just jumped over is actually over by the other characters."
                        "And you tell me this after I just wrote a page of description of him doing that...=w=;"
                        That's what I'm scared of. That's why I was so adamant about a plan, because I don't want to derp up anymore.

Comment

Ok I'm back and thinking straighter =w=
                          yer right, it's going to be near impossible for me to react with the fluency in which you all do cause you guys seem to be able to "make a move" and have it coincide with the other's "plan" with minimal to no need of doing anything about it.
                          you guys make it seem so easy to create a moving, living plot where everyone manages to do all the right things most of the time.

The reason why it seems that way is because not only do we adapt and make choices in the world, the world adapts to those choices as well. Other RPers react and adapt to each other's choices, creating a cohesive plot.

How would I have a character fight a foe if I don't even know how the foe is positioned? How do I interact with an object if I don't know where the object is?

That's why you specify that your character walks over to the object or person, just like you would see in a book. It could be as simple as, "Jimmy walked over to the book and opened it up.", to, "Jimmy sprinted to Jack's flank and let off a burst of machinegun fire." In RPs, you don't need the exact locations of everything, you just act within reason.

"Ok I'm going to have him leap over this character in front of him fire off a bolt of energy to this pillar off to his right, and then crash into the opponent so that the energy blast ricochets into the opponent."
                          "Can't let you do that, Starbucks."
                          "wut?"
                          "The pillar is not to your right, the opponent can't be knocked back, and the character you just jumped over is actually over by the other characters."

There's rules against that. The other RPer may not have to clearly specify where his character is, but he has to at least give some information regarding his position in the world. If he/she doesn't then it's their fault. You just have to look at the cues in other people's posts to figure out where they are. It could be as simple as, "Jonny stood by the lake, staring at the water.", to, "Jonny ran inside the building and hid in the basement." Their positions are stated without going too much into detail. If their location is truly important, then the other RPer will give out more information.

In the end, it all comes down to acting and reacting to other RPers. It sounds hard, but sometimes you have to jump in. If anything is wrong, we can tell you and you can fix it. No harm done, forgive and forget. It goes the same way with us. If we mess up on something, you can tell us and we can fix it. No harm done, forgive and forget.
                          Last edited by S121; 09-07-2013, 09:16 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

...alright then.
                            Ok time to go out on a limb.
                            I'm ready to get shot down if I'm about to cross a line or w/e.

Comment

@cucoo
                              Alternatively, you could keep aetheron's distant advisor thing going on. So he usually does his own stuff from the background where other's actions do not affect him that much. So basically you can carry out your own plan without having to worry about others except for brief interactions. And if others come to you, you will probably be in home territory and should be able to dictate what happens. This is mainly what I have been doing, this is actually the first one where my character does not avoid others, usually he is a loner. It works pretty well....unless you are the type to prefer to be in the thick of things.
                              How many times can you die a day~?
                              How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

Originally posted by bookdragon2000 View Post
                                @cucoo
                                Alternatively, you could keep aetheron's distant advisor thing going on. So he usually does his own stuff from the background where other's actions do not affect him that much. So basically you can carry out your own plan without having to worry about others except for brief interactions. And if others come to you, you will probably be in home territory and should be able to dictate what happens. This is mainly what I have been doing, this is actually the first one where my character does not avoid others, usually he is a loner. It works pretty well....unless you are the type to prefer to be in the thick of things.
                                Ok...I'll do that then. Aetheron in my story did have an alternate "agenda" to what everyone else had so it could work that out. The thing I need is how his plan would make slight "suggestions" to the other characters. Trying to be cryptic is the key to Aetheron. Right now I'm making him slightly known to the people. Maybe this sort of thing could be the source of the rumors.

Comment

Working...
                                X