X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess after the "Rebirth" Eve and Hajime won't even remember each other?

Comment

@Cucoo

I knew that, I thought it would work because The Ventura Galaxy would have been destroyed on the 3rd dimension, possibly the 4th dimension.

Slipspace operates above that using the 5th, 6th, and 7th dimension to travel. Technically, they're still in the galaxy, only they're "above" it, so they wouldn't run the risk of getting obliterated in the 3rd and 4th dimension.

Would it work?
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

@S121

If that does work then mind if Hajime and Eve tag along? xD

Comment

@ SUSTIC

{Ah...The Passages of Fate which they would travel is not entirely cruel. There are things that can withstand the course of time and transcend above all else.}

AETHERON! THOU CANNOT BREAKITH THE FOURTH WALL!

{...forgive me, but it was necessary.}

*glares*

Ok I'm done with the theatrics there

@ S121

I would imagine that strange things would happen if you tried to bypass the boundary even in an alternate dimension.

Comment

@Cucoo

That's the thing, they aren't bypassing the boundary, only reaching another plane the destruction won't reach.

In the end, it's just to ensure nobody loses character development.

I know I seem combative about all this, but it really is hard to watch Character development disappear, especially if you have a way to prevent it.

Not unless they remember certain events. Of course, if that was the case, then they would remember each other, possibly certain events from the old galaxy.
            Last edited by S121; 11-12-2013, 04:21 PM.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

@ S121

I completely understand that.
              But in Part III all of my characters are dead.
              TBH The destruction of the Galaxy via Nihiliod was supposed to be the definitive end to the story that was supposed to stop me from writing any more to it.

Part III technically shouldn't even exist. But I had managed to work around my end all and thus written it in anyway

As a result, I have to start fresh because Aion, Joe, Terrisa, Kiara, Eleos, Starla, everyone else is dead. Thus I have the main character of part III, a mysterious man named Grey, who seems to know a lot of Venturian History, despite it being lost to the course of time.
              Last edited by Cucoo5; 11-12-2013, 04:25 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Either way, I'm fine with John and Cortana not remembering what happened in Part I and II, just as long as they retain their C.D., possibly the memory of their still living friends.

If not, then they could at least have the more important pieces intact, like they know they're different from before part 1 and 2, only they don't know why.

It would make them lose their memories, but they would still in the mental state they built up over the course of the RP.

Would that work?
                sigpic

Comment

@ S121

aye, basically what I had in mind is there would be two things:
                  Their memories would be locked like what Mima is going through right now. Only a few would return, but even then they would be fragmented to the point where a clear idea would not be completely obtainable.
                  Second, seeing something familiar (location, ruins, a person that looks like someone from a few millennia ago, items) would lead to a memory being unlocked further.

This would keep things slightly under control.

I'll admit I was initially going to have everyone start with new characters for part III but I figured that would be too cruel, so I'll just be the one that goes with it with Grey.

Comment

I would actually be a bit more comfortable with starting with a new character for Part III.

I'm sorry, but when something on such a large scale like that happens, then it can be really frustrating in trying to re use those same characters during the first 2 parts.

I mean say Hajime and Eve lost all C.D., and their memories of their friends and stuff then I would basically kind of half to start anew. Which could be a bit annoying on my part.

Not saying it could be a bad thing... I'm just sharing my thoughts on the subject.

Time travel and and paradoxes can be a b*tch to deal with in a story.

Also should I be ashamed that this RP kind of gave me an inspiration for a survival type RP? Like characters stranded on a uninhabited planet... except animals and stuff would inhabit it, just no life with the intelligence of that of humans.

Comment

@Cucoo

Ok, that works.

Also, sorry if it seems like I butt heads with you all the time. That's something I've noticed. It's nothing personal or anything. -_-;

@SUSTIC

Actually, based on what Cucoo said, they would still have their C.D. and certain relationships, only they wouldn't remember what happened to the galaxy, or certain events.
                      Last edited by S121; 11-12-2013, 04:57 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

@ SUS

First, with the system I have in mind and the concept of some things being stronger than the effects of time travel through the passages of fate basically would eliminate the key points of the first parts.

The main objective of the memory loss is to prevent the characters from knowing anything about Venturia, about the shards, about Aion, about the Halls of Time, about the goddesses, about the parallel galaxy, about any of the key plot points.

Character development can pretty much remain intact as long as those details are removed (and the way I see it, that will be possible.)

@ S121

Eh? I actually don't think of it like that. I personally enjoy going through this sort of thing. it helps iron out some issues with the story and the mechanics.

Comment

@Cucoo

Eh, I know, I guess I'm just afraid of overstaying my welcome, or pissing people off.

When I read some of my posts, they could be taken the wrong way, as if I'm complaining about something.
                          sigpic

Comment

@S121 and Cucoo

Yea, well I still might go with different characters for Part III.

I feel like it would be hard to find a way to join in when Part III comes around, even if the characters retain their C.D. I'm just not good at finding ways to do that.

Trust me in one RP I had something similar was done (planet destroyed then brought back, everyone's characters not recalling anything throughout the RP), and I could not find a way to jump back in after that point.

I also don't hope I sound like I'm complaining. I'm just a bit worried about a lot of things with Part III, and Eve and Hajime. Especially when I had so much planned with them.

Comment

@ SUS

1 word:
                              Grey.

I have a very basic plot and if we say Hajime and Eve find Grey, who is taking the role of futuristic Indiana Jones, then they might find the old Nasod Empire and remember what they were doing and begin to rebuild it. I mean, I intend on having Mima establish a "New Gensokyo" on Dua or Duon in Part III as well.

@ S121

At this point it would take a bit for me to get pissed unless its something that just crosses a very big line, and that would take a bit.
                              To incite my rage, you would have to consistently do something that gets on my one nerve. And that nerve is kinda particular about what really sets it off.
                              Most things don't bother me, but there is one thing that will set me off. but I don't even remember what it is right now =w=
                              Last edited by Cucoo5; 11-12-2013, 05:11 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Well okay then... but I'm still kind of worried, as it sounds quite confusing right now (in fact my mind already feels like it went through a washing machine, dryer, then was pulled, squeezed, pummeled, raped, and much else worse stuff.)

Hajime: "I think SUSTIC does not like Time Travel plots. They seem to... confuse him..."

I'MNOTCRAZY.exe

Eve: "Great I think he broke... well I better start working on the mental repairs... it might take some time..."

Comment

Working...
                                X