Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I found the post where I explain Fire Emblem's mechanics to a basic degree.

WARNING: Contains math.

EDIT: ok stats for a capped grandmaster (My more powerful daughter of "Robin" (who in my file I named Cicero) is Nah, who was a manakete (dragon) that I reclassed to grandmaster.)

Her stats are:
    HP: 80
    Str: 39
    Mag: 46
    Skill: 39
    Spd: 41
    Lck: 47
    Def: 38 *
    Res: 37 *

All stats except Def and Res are capped on her.

Now, a for an enemy in endgame (there's a method to the madness here) on hard difficulty...I'll pick a dark knight (the closest thing to a Grandmaster in a sense). and I'll compare the difference to Nah

HP: 70 (-10)
    Str: 21 (-18)
    Mag: 26 (-20)
    Skill: 24 (-15)
    Spd: 22 (-19)
    Lck: 18 (-29)
    Def: 25 (-13)
    Res: 19 (-12)

Now FE is a game where the numbers pretty much decide everything.
    Next, the weapons.
    Nah I have equipped with an
    unforged Thoron with a
    Might (MT) of 14
    Hit rate of 65
    Crit rate of 10

Now this is where there's a slight influence by combination of stats, but this is Nah's stats with this weapon.

Atk: 62
    Hit: 152
    Crit: 29
    Avo: 85

Now these numbers tell what she can deal in raw, unblocked, damage and what odds she has at dodging.

Now let's look at the Dark Knight I picked
    He had a forged Bolganone with
    MT 16,
    Hit 85,
    Crit 0

This means his stats are:

Atk: 43
    Hit: 135
    Crit: 12
    Avo: 42

Now what do all these numbers say?

Let's look at what the dark knight can do to Nah.

His atk is 43
    Because it's magic, it gets blocked by res (resistance)
    Nah has
    Res: 37

Therefore this enemy could deal 43-37=6 dmg points in one hit.
    His chance of hitting Nah is...
    His hit of 135
    minus Nah's
    Avo: 85

Therefore...his chance of hitting her is: 135-85 = 50% chance
    Now will he do 2 hits during his turn?
    Now we look at speed...
    His speed is
    Spd: 22
    And Nah's is
    Spd: 41

41 > 22
    Therefore, he cannot do two hits.

Now I can't remember the math for crits but basically, ignoring crits
    The dark knight can do only 6 dmg on Nah on the 50% chance of him actually landing a hit.

This is the raw base calculations.

So what's the point?

Good question...It's supposed to illustrate the difference between an enemy and one of my strongest Grandmasters.
    Thus putting into perspective what an Ideal Grandmaster would be almost capable of.
    Which would be a few stats greater than Nah's

Anyway I'll work out the math some more...

cheers

EDIT 2: something else is affecting my math slightly

Anyway the actual things that Nah can do to that dark knight (and what it can do to her) is as follows:

Nah:
    Atk on enemy: 43 x2 [aka double hit]
    Hit %: 100% chance
    Crit %: 10% chance

Dark Knight:
    Atk on Nah: 5
    Hit %: 50%
    Crit %: 0%

Battle results should be:
    Nah HP: 80->75
    DK HP: 70->0

How this battle turns out:

Nah strikes first:
    Nah's Ignis skill kicks in
    Thoron deals 62 dmg
    DK has 8 hp remaining

DK attacks
    Attack misses

Nah strikes again
    Thoron deals 43 dmg
    DK HP is now 0
    Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-14-2013, 09:23 PM.

Comment

-Brain implodes-
      "There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability."

Friendship is love with understanding..

Humans can change, not by coercion or intimidation, but by example...

Comment

Fire Emblem.
        A Game of Chess on steroids.
        Dungeons and Dragons can go suck it now.

Oh and your thoughts on my semi-final app for Eleos.
        I think there's a few things that conflict with the basic idea but I want you to tell me if they do.

Comment

Sorry I couldn't make the application. I forgot I with late today ^^`

Comment

I re-made my character, because I didn't want him to seem as lazy{Even though this one is more or less a rip off.}

@Cucoo Also, please ignore the numbers...it's far too confusing xD. Just use my style of defining their stats. Makes it flow better. Other than that, your character is fine.

@Wonderweiss No biggie, no one seems to care about this anyways, so take your time xD

---------

~Basic~

Name: River D. Scarlett
            Sex: Male
            Personality: River is a bit of jokester, and is a very light hearted individual, never holding any personal grudges and being a good friend to a lot of people. When he's handed a job, expect him to finish it without delay, he takes his job as a deity very seriously. If you dare to harm any part of nature, he will destroy you, so watch out, even the kind hearted nature boy can unleash some serious whoop ass if you tread on the grass. He stands firmly against the Fragments, and will stop them at any cost from reviving Blade Soulheart. As for his views toward the other factions, as long as they aren't harming innocents or plant life, he doesn't really care.

Race: Dusios{Spirit/Deity of Nature}

~Appearance~

Picture:
            Spoiler:

Height: 6'3
            Weight: 210 LBS

~Combat~

Weapon:

Rose Whip: River can transform the rose he normally carries with him into a whip, allowing him to attack his enemies at an incredibly fast pace.
            Buster Blade: River also carries a very large buster blade with him that he wields with one hand. He can swing it incredibly fast, allowing him to cut down many enemies at once.

Abilities:

Nature Energy:
            Coming with his race, River has a passive control over Nature Energy, of all the plant life and nature itself. Because of this, he can become far more powerful than one normally would think he could.
            Whirlwind Windup: Channeling the power of Nature, River creates a whirlwind of air around his body, giving him enhanced defense and offense.
            Enhanced Poison Endurance: Due to his relationship with Nature, River knows many poisons and antidotes, so if he were to be poisoned, it is likely that he already has the antibody within himself. It is possible to bypass this, but it won't take him long to overcome it.
            Vulcan Shock Cannon: Charging the particles of nature energy around himself, River can fire a super condensed green blast of nature energy at his opponent, be it from his hands or elbows, he can also fire two at the same time. Should he choose to combine this with his wind powers, his next ability is revealed.
            Vulcan Shock Ignition: Merging with his nature power, the wind ignites and becomes a torrent of green flame, causing the already powerful blast to become far more destructive. He rarely uses this ability because of the impact it could have on the surrounding area, but when he does, watch out.

~Stats~

Strength: Harnessing the power of nature energy, River can channel great physical strength. He can lift giant boulders with ease or even smash giant structures with little more than his own body.
            Stamina: Again, harnessing the power of nature, River can enforce his body to such a degree that he could withstand a gigantic blast and emerge unscathed.
            Magic Power: He prefers to call it Nature Energy, which he seems to never run out of.
            Speed & Reflexes: Utilizing the power of nature, he is able to use a technique called "Nature Step." Where he can travel between plant life within seconds, he can also glide on the wind as if he were nothing more but a feather, this ends with him being incredibly fast and agile.
            Last edited by Nastenary; 10-15-2013, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Part one: the basics.

Name: Nuncius (last name unknown)

Age: unknown, looks 25, said to have been around for at least 100 years.

Sex: male

Race: messenger (which, as a race, are more rare than even a God. Nuncius is known to be the only messenger existing for now due to the fact that messengers were no longer necessary to gods) messenger of the God of the hunt and the God of nature.

Appearance: much like Thor from Jyu-Oh-Sei.

Personality: serious; will only lightly tolerate jokes. However, due to his absence from civilization, he is socially awkward and has no idea how to make a joke.

Weapon: a spear with engravings that represent his relationship with the god of nature, a rope with tiny barbs and a blade at one end and a handle at the other, and a sword with engravings that represent his relationship with the god of the hunt.

Abilities:
              Huntsman: attack is increased by 15% when fighting any animals or any being with animal traits.
              Woodsman: can maneuver through forested areas with ease.
              Spiritual: can directly contact most spirits that cannot be seen by those without this ability.

More to come!
              Last edited by wonderweiss; 10-21-2013, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Never misses an attack? That infringes on GM my good sir. Even if you say those with high speed can dodge it, not all will be fast. In RP, a move cannot be unblockable or undodgeable, unless both parties agree.

Comment

Alright then. I had a feeling. But what should I do that incorporates hunting in combat?

Comment

Sorry for double posting, but I have an idea. What if for huntsman, his ability were 'if he has set his eyes on an opponent, he will relentlessly hunt down his opponent, to which case the only way to escape were to either create a complicated way to hide yourself or if he/she decides not to hunt you any longer.
                    Last edited by wonderweiss; 10-15-2013, 06:09 PM.

Comment

I apologize for the late reply, I've been busy.

Well when you say it like that, that doesn't even sound like an ability, haha. More of something that could naturally happen.

Comment

Ah... Well, f*ck it. Biology and personal abilities later!

Comment

Part 2 plus edit on first part.

Biology: He was from ancient times; where hunting was a necessity. Nuncius was the best hunter in his day, and back then, good huntsmanship was a sign of honor, therefore he was the most honorable man in the village. But there was someone jealous of him. He was a big man, second best. He got so tired of his lack of appraisal in comparison, he challenged Nuncius to a duel. These duels were meant to be nonlethal hand-to-hand battles. However, before the match, the huntsman slipped in a knife. The match begun, and Nuncius was winning, however only by an inch. The battle ensued for an hour, until Nuncius had finally done it. He had beaten the huntsman immobile. He turned and raised his fist in achievement. However... the huntsman got up with his remaining strength and pulled out his knife. He charged at Nuncius, and before Nuncius could realize it, he was stabbed. He died shortly after, and the huntsman passed out.

He was resurrected shortly after. He was left in the middle of the woods. He had no idea what was going on until he looked at his body. He was covered in markings. Then, he noticed that he had a sword in his hand. But it was not just any sword. It was the sacred sword his town had been keeping. He heard a voice... from inside his head. It was the voice of the God of the Hunt. He told Nuncius that he had been keeping an eye on him. Nuncius was then in probation. If he met the requirements, he would become free to roam around as a new individual. But his requirements: kill the man who killed Nuncius.

Nuncius returned to his village. But everyone was worked up: the sacred sword was missing. Then, they found Nuncius with the sword. The began chasing him down to an open field. Nuncius was cornered. But then, someone stepped up: the huntsman. He said that he would punish Nuncius with the punishment given for stealing a sacred sword: Death. He pulled out a knife and charged at Nuncius, planning on finishing what he started. But now, Nuncius was better. He dodged every swipe and every punch. He grabbed the knife and took it out of the huntsman's hand. They kept fighting, hand to hand. Then, once again, they were at a tie, but then the huntsman fell again, tired. The voice rang in Nuncius' head, reminding him that he must kill the huntsman in order to become truly resurrected. Nuncius held the sword over the huntsman... but then, decided against it. He said that hunting is not about killing, but rather for supplies: for food, shelter, and most other necessities. Hunting is for living, and that if he had to kill the huntsman, he'd rather stay dead.

That's when it happened. The townspeople looked in awe. Nuncius looked at his sword, to see that it has engravings on it: a sign that the god of the hunt had officially made him... his personal messenger. Nuncius became leader of the town. However... the huntsman was not done yet. He saw what happened, and decided that while Nuncius was falling asleep, he burned his house. However, Nuncius was out hunting for a large feast. The fire caught on to everything. All the houses, all the people, all the food... when the fire dimmed, the entire village was burnt to the ground as Nuncius watched. He decided that from that day on, he began hunting to start a house in the village, over the ashes to respect those innocently sacrificed for one man's greed and arrogance. It was also his job to balance the hunting to an optimal rate to where there are no risks of overhunting or underhunting.

Many, many years passed. Nearly 90. Nuncius was done with the house and set up traps for any intruders. It was then that the God of the Hunt contacted Nuncius. He was in an argument with the Goddess of Nature. Nuncius contacted the Goddess of Nature and told him that she required him to be her Demi-messenger and told him to protect the forests from intruders who wish to obstruct the balance while the two finished the argument. She gave him the rope spear with the engravings. Ever since then, Nuncius was granted more power.

It was later, 20 years that went by when the first sightings of Nuncius had occured as 'the last of the Chasseur Tribes.' His house resides in the center of the forest.

Personal abilities:
                          Mesenger: Can contact the gods directly.
                          Messenger of the Hunt: Heightened senses, allowing him to sense prey and people from within the inner range of the forest plus an advanced version of the Hunter's step, a move that allows him to target several preys at once and attack them in a chain.
                          Messenger of Nature: Natural sensory, allowing him to sense beings on the outer range of the forest plus a weaker variant of the nature step.

Stats:
                          Strength: Stronger than humanly capable, weaker than a god. Can lift a large boulder unfazed.
                          Speed: Again, faster than humanly capable and weaker than a god. Can go as fast as a full speed fairy.
                          Magic: Given power by the gods. He can cast a spell worthy enough to wipe out an entire village, though he never uses it.
                          Stamina: Will relentlessly hunt down prey for as long as it takes; everlasting.

Damn, that took a while. So, look through it, tell me what I need to edit, and whether or not I'm in the feather friends club.

Comment

ORAH!

*Destroys RP*

Seeing as I'm busy with other projects and not many people seem interested in my RP's, you can consider this terminated.

If any of you want to RP with me, just hit me up on my skype. {That I'm always on, seriously, y'all need to download skype.}

Comment

Working...
                            X