X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voile Library, SDM

("I see why Patchouli didn't like it.") Remilia thought as she picked the book off the floor. She reached for the book's front cover, and opened it.

"Okay, now where's how to make a missile?" Remilia asked.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Kourindou

The girl looked at the man with a emotionless stare for a moment, or, mostly emotionless. If one looked close enough, they would notice a slight turmoil as she tried to adopt a look of sadness and worry and also embarrassment, but ultimately, her face didn't change. Thus, she reached for a mask floating next to her, a monkey mask, the mask of confusion and awkwardness. She held it in front of her face and finally, she spoke with a voice of uncertainty. "Ah...uhm...well...you see...I...." She brought forth one of her other masks, the mask of humor and laughter, and placed it on the counter. It was noticeably damaged, a few scratches and a crack that ran across the face. "Would...would you...be able...to fix my mask?" She shifted, slightly uneasy and was ultimately uncertain about everything.

Comment

Blowhole

Yuugi took the package and unfolded it "You are right, my legs will be visible, perfect thing to scare someone" she said putting the cloack on top of her and carefuly avoiding piercing it with her horn

"Well, here goes nothing" the oni said pressing the button and becoming invisible ("Wow I feel like nothing happened, but I can sense something odd around me") she thought quickly removing her geta sandals and moving between rocks to avoid being seen because of her legs
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

The Blowhole
          In the meantime, Nitori rose in the air, carefully looking around so as not to get any rocks between her rotor blades.
          "Hey!" she yelled, trying to distract the attention from Yuugi.
          She thought about a way to force the rock-thrower out in the open.
          She settled for shooting behind rocks using her water gun. She might be able to get her to leave her hiding place, and with her ability it wasn't hard to recover the water lost in the attack.

Comment

The Blowhole

Koishi skirted around. She was out in the open, though as usual, no one could see her. Koishi aimed carefully, and flung a rock right between Nitori's rotor blades, hopefully causing her to get out of the air.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

A sudden noise drew Nitori's attention. A rock hit her rotor blades, and one of them broke off.
              "...Crap." She muttered under her breath. "Here I was hoping that that wouldn't happen."
              She quickly landed, unable to stay airborne.
              Anger welled up inside of her. She was prepared for things like this, but people had to keep their hands of her inventions.
              "I hope you're prepared for this. Nobody touches my inventions." she said while pulling a spellcard from a pocket in her skirt.
              "Yuugi, watch out. You don't want to get hit. Look for the empty space formed by our 'friend'!" Nitori then yelled. She lost track of Yuugi, and she hadn't spotted her legs yet.

"Water Sign "Great Illusionary Waterfall"!"
              She closed her eyes when she felt the magic tingling inside her body.
              She had to change the spellcard somewhat - she was not airborne, but she was sure her opponent was grounded too.
              Instead of a large torrent of water falling down, a pillar of water appeared around Nitori, with smaller bullets spreading everywhere in a range of about twenty metres. Nitori laughed. She was in the water, her favorite element. There was no way she was going to lose, and she wanted to make her opponent pay for what they did to her rotor.

Comment

Voile Library - Scarlet Devil Mansion

Patchouli opened her desk for her grimoire and placed it in front of her. As calmly as she could, she set aside her tea and opened up her grimoire for a few spells that could help fix furniture and mend her library. She knew the pages by heart after having to look them up so many times. She mumbled to herself the requirements for the spells before picking the grimoire up and walking with it towards Remilia's location. There was no hurry in her eyes, for she wanted to teach that vampire a little lesson. It would be rude to interrupt.

As for Remilia, the lesson was to not meddle in things she did not understand, even if she was a dear friend. As soon as the vampire opened up the Bombinomicon, the book released a devastating and powerful explosion right in her face. For any normal human being, it would have killed them outright, but for Remilia, all it did was blacken her face and blow her hair back as well as everything around her. Bookshelves tumbled to the ground and left singed remains behind as well as flustered books. Because of Patchouli's care, the books in that section were resistant to explosives, acid, frost, radioactivity, and world-ending viruses. They weren't resistant to being knocked around, though.

"Boom! Haha! I am good at what I do!" When the dust cleared and the book could see Remilia's face, its tone dropped. "What? You're alive? I guess that backfired! Haha! Get it? Backfired?"

Comment

Voile Library, SDM

"Not. Funny. You know, if you're not going to help me, i'll simply lock you up. With chains. Big, spiked chains. Big, spiked chains that are white and searingly hot." Remilia threatened, with each word, her voice growing darker and more serious.

The Blowhole

Koishi easily dodged the spellcard and floated up, above Nitori. "Water, ey?" Koishi said to herself. "Let's see what happens when we add something hot."

Koishi pulled and tugged on the rocks above, eventually pulling one out and making it fall, causing magma to flood in through the hole.

Comment

"Ey Pinkie! I was big help! You needed makeover! Sheesh! You gotta learn to be grateful!" the Bombinomicon chirped. It seemed like it was used to being threatened, or at the very least, it was used to mad moments. "If you want to know about missiles, you'll have to be more specific! Arrows? Explosive missiles? ICBMs? Rockets? How do you expect me to work under such vague conditions?"

Patchouli entered the aisle at the far end and looked on with her usual emotionless expression. She coughed on the dust and waved it away, her coughing growing into hacking fits. Fumbling into her robes, she brought out an inhaler and puffed on it. After a few reassuring pats on her chest, she put the medicine away and sputtered.

"It's a book, Remilia," Patchouli said. "If you're going to threaten one, do it properly."

Comment

Blowhole

Yuugi was carefully watching as the water sprinkled everywhere amd moticed how some droplets landed on an invisible space ("Gotcha little troublemaker") she thought preparing to lunge towards the space when she noticed something on the cave´s ceiling

The rock was the first thing that fell and was followed by magma, The kappa was a water element user, but nature´s elements were far stronger than people´s magic. ("Dammit, but I won´t let you be free") the oni thought taking her geta sandal

In a quick sweep, the devah threw her geta sandal at an incredible speed towards the invisible being and ran towards Nitori and grappling the blue haired before being touched by the magma, it barely graced her feet as she felt the heat way to close to her skin
                      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

The Blowhole

Koishi floated behind the lava, the sandal melting as soon as it touched it. The magma was now filling the entire chamber, but a large dip in the terrain prevented it from entering the Ancient City.

Voile Library, SDM

Remilia ignored Patchouli for the moment. "Rockets, of course, the best kind of missile." Remilia said while she wiped the soot off her face.

Comment

The Blowhole

Suddenly, Nitori was grabbed by some invisible being. She tried to attack it, but then she noticed the legs next to her that were running as fast as they could, and the lava that missed her with only a tiny marge. Her 'aura' of water sizzled, and boiling hot steam rose where it touched the lava. While being carried away by Yuugi, she tried to evaluate the battle. "The ground is off-limits." she thought. "It's way too hot right now." That severely limited her options. She was unable to fly, and cooling all of the lava would take a massive amount of water, which she didn't have. She could use the water she still had to cool the lava, but she had way too little to cool more than a few square metres. She looked in Yuugi's direction. "Any ideas?"

Comment

Forest of Magic

Alice had barely begun her search when she felt a tap on her shoulder. One of the dolls had already returned. That was fast. Much faster than should have been possible since the ingredients she wanted were not common. The doll shook its head then pointed in a certain direction. Alice quickly recalled the dolls and then set out in the direction the doll had indicated.

Alice emerged from the dense foliage onto another path and after dusting herself off, saw a figure dressed in red with with a piano. Alice took a while to identify her, then stepped forward. "Aren't you the pianist from the prismriver sisters? Lyrica prismriver isn't it? What are you doing here in the forest of magic?"
                            How many times can you die a day~?
                            How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

"Oh fine. Missiles? Can't kill you, might as well help. Just once."

The book growled in Remilia's hands before opening up. It flipped through multiple pages before settling on one with a large amount of information on it relating to missile creation. There were tips on creating the gunpowder for the missile, calibration directions, the type of metal needed to make the missile fly, proper operating procedure, and other valuable things. There was even a picture of the Loch Ness monster wearing a suave-looking hat holding a rocket launcher, but that soon faded away with a small, nervous chuckle.

"Ey, sorry. I got bored. It's not fun being up here! Used to give free crap to crazy guys, but pow! Zoop! I am here wit' you. Not fun."

"What do you need a missile for, Remilia?" Patchouli asked as she approached her friend. "Don't tell me you are planning to shoot for the moon."

Comment

Voile Library, SDM

"Patchy, we already did that, don't you remember? I'm looking for something a bit more explosive anyways, since Meiling isn't exactly the best gate guard. Besides, it may solve that little thieving problem you've been having, if it works." Remilia looked back to the book. "Ah, this stuff is perfect. I can get Sakuya to get me most of this."

Comment

Working...
                                X