X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forest of Magic

Alice looked over her shoulder and called out, "Shanghai! Let's go, Hourai, take care of the house for me while I'm gone, ok?" Shanghai flew to hover over Alice's shoulder, while inside the house, just within sight, Hourai nodded at Alice. Alice shut the door then went out into the forest.

Once some distance down a path, Alice showed a list to Shanghai, "This is a list of ingredients I need to try to create a certain concoction, would you help me look for them?" Shaghai stared at the list for a while, then flew off into the woods to forage. Alice did not immediately start looking herself. Instead, she employed the help of 3 more dolls and sent them to look as well. Then she herself began looking around.
    How many times can you die a day~?
    How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

The youkai mountain

While flying down the mountain, Nitori thought about what she was going to today.
      She wanted to go to the Human Village of course, she took all of her wares with her, but she had other things to do too.
      The hot springs became a little bit colder recently. Nothing important, it only was a drop of about 1~2 °C, and they still nice and hot, but it bothered her.
      "Hmmmm" she thought. "Maybe I'll go look at the entrance of the underground. If there's something amiss there, I might be able to see something."

The underground was a relatively unknown place to her; she was very curious of everything there was below the surface, but she was afraid of the oni, the kappa's former masters. But looking wouldn't hurt, and the oni never came up to the surface anyway. She could go as far as the blowhole, she might be able to see if something was going on from there.

Comment

The blowhole

Yuugi while hearing nothing relaxed her arms "Bah, looks like he or she ran away" she said to herself dusting off from the rocks and started walking towards the exit of the cave

Then she looked back "Oy! im going outside whoever you are, i hope next time you actualy challenge me!" she said outloud

Walking upstairs to the surface, the oni noticed a blue haired person with a big backpack "A kappa? thats new" she said to herself and then waved her hand "Oy!"
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Voile Library, SDM

"Ah, to be honest, it really doesn't matter. I'm just mostly bored, since Sakuya went out, and Flandre is well, Flandre. About the cat thing, couldn't it be a vampire? I don't have a pulse, meaning I'm dead, though technically, I'm alive." Remilia posed the question.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

The Blowhole

"Oy!" Nitori heard, while flying into the blowhole. She looked around, ready to activate her camouflage suit if possible.
            Further in, she saw a youkai waving towards her. But no normal youkai - looking at the horn on her forehead, she was found by an oni.
            "You... you... you're..." she stammered, sweatdrops forming on her face when she realized she walked right one of the one thing she was afraid of.
            It was too late to activate her suit; the oni had already seen her, and part of its abilities were based on not actually knowing there was something in the vicinity. If the oni already saw her, she couldn't use it.

Out of options and unwilling to use her weapons, she walked towards the oni, desperately hoping she wasn't looking for a fight.
            She put up a cheerful face, hoping that she could distract the oni so she could escape.
            "Hi! Haven't I seen you before? What are you doing so close to the surface?"

Comment

The Blowhole

Yuugi saw the kappa coming and fidgeting as she was getting closer "Why hello there, its rare to see a kappa coming so close to the underground" she greeted the blue haired girl

Hearing of why she was so close to the surface, the oni answered "I got bored of the city and decided to go outside for some air and enjoy the upper world" she said and noticed again that the girl was obviously scared she reassured her

"Hey, im not coming for a fight, Im just passing by, please ignore whatever dust that I may have, some troublemaker wanted to play a prank on me making stalactites fall on me"" the blonde said checking she was clean
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Voile Library, the Scarlet Devil Mansion

"I believe I said the cat could be a member of the undead," Patchouli replied. "Zombie, lich, vampire, it does not matter the specifics. It is better to speak broadly when it comes to hypotheticals."

The mage blinked and looked after Remilia. So, the vampire was bored, and her caretaker was out taking care of an errand or something just as taxing. This was somewhat of a surprise to see the vampire in the library. She didn't seem to value literature over the company of others. Perhaps she really was bored and was looking to pass the time with a friend.

Shrugging, Patchouli said: "Is there another reason for your being here? A plot you wish to share or a task for me?"

Comment

The Blowhole
                  "Huh? Was it that obvious?" Nitori thought to herself. She thought she was pretty good at acting, but maybe she had to practice sometimes.
                  She knew oni never lied though, and if she said she was not looking for a fight, she probably had nothing to fear. She tried to relax somewhat and answered the other youkai's question: "I wanted to know if there was something going on in the underground city. The hot springs became a little colder, and I was curious. We haven't heard a lot from that crow either lately. Maybe something happened, and everyone is busy?"

"And if you're having a dust problem... " She paused as she pulled something from her backpack. It was a small machine, about the size of two or three apples on top of each other, and coated in a shiny material. "This is a small hand vacuum cleaner. When you activate it, it will suck up all small, loose thing that are close to this hole here. It could really come in handy if you meet that prankster again. Just think: you'd never have a dust problem again, everyone will be jealous because you always look so clean and proper. It can be yours, for the low low price of... 10485,47 yen!"

Comment

Voile Library, SDM

"No plots or tasks. Just enjoying the musty air of books." Remilia then tapped her finger on the her chin for a moment.

"Oh wait, there was a reason for coming down here, I almost forgot. I was actually looking for a certain book that gap youkai was blabbering about during a party, and I was wondering if you would have a copy of said book. It sounded quite.. interesting, to say the least." Remilia explained.

The Blowhole

Then, Koishi threw another pebble, right into Nitori's forehead, as she still hid behind the rock.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

The Blowhole

There has been trouble up there? Probably the Satori sisters may know" Yuugi said thinking about the possible reasons of why the hot springs were waning in power, then she heard about a crow "Hm.. if you mean that newspaper crow, I havenpt seen her crossing to the city, Parsee would have told me about it, but if you mean the nuclear bird Utsuho, she has been thinkering with her powers, that girl may be a bird brained, but canīt ignore her enthusiasm"

As the oni took the duster and was about to use it when she heard the price "Damn.. and here I am with.." she checks her pockets "Uh.. Iīll buy one later" she said with an apologetic tone

The blonde then got back to business "If you want to check on the core, I can guide you there if you want to" she offered to the kappa

Spoiler:

Comment

"... Ow!" Suddenly, a rock hit her from an unknown direction.
                        "Wow, didn't see that one coming." Nitori rubbed her forehead, wondering where the rock came from.
                        Suddenly she got an idea.

"Hey" she said to the other youkai. "Wanna team up to find this rock-thrower?"

Comment

Blowhole

That offer gave Yuugi a malicious grin "Oh im going to enjoy this, you got a deal" she said accepting the idea

"Come on rock thrower, you donīt want to play with us? Im sure we can have a lot of fun" the oni said suddenly stomping the ground making a big wave on the earth around them

Spoiler:

Comment

Voile Library, the Scarlet Devil Mansion

Of course. What was a librarian without a massive library at her disposal? Patchouli returned her book to its rightful place on the shelves and tried to think about what the vampire could possibly want to read. She was no scholar, but she did love to schmooze. However, without information to back herself up with, her words would fall on deaf ears. For that, she needed the gift of insight.

"What is the title of the book? I'm certain I'll have it, and if not, then I may ask to borrow Sakuya to retrieve it."

Comment

The Blowhole

The shockwave almost threw Nitori over. She quickly started hovering above the floor, to avoid any more mistakes.
                              Slowly, a grin formed on her face. She managed to strike up a truce with the oni, and now that rock-thrower was going to pay for what she did.
                              Suddenly, she thought of something. It might not work, and it could be pretty dangerous, but it was worth a try.
                              A mischievous glint appeared in her eyes.
                              "Hey, I'm afraid I didn't really catch your name the first time. But that's not important now." She lowered her voice as she flew closer to the oni, to make sure they weren't overheard. "Have you ever thought about being invisible?"

Comment

Kourindou

Rinnosuke sat at a desk in his office, reading some old books he had dug out of his closet. He chuckled as he read one of them, as it was a history book and he could clearly see the inconsistencies. "I was there...I should know." He spoke softly to himself before leaning back and placing his hands behind his head. "It's been so quiet lately...just the way I like it." He shivered as he said that. "I hope I didn't just jinx myself..."
                                "There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability."

Friendship is love with understanding..

Humans can change, not by coercion or intimidation, but by example...

Comment

Working...
                                X