X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell Of Blazing Fires

Meanwhile, in the Hell of Blazing Fires, everything was silent, aside from the bubbling and popping of magma. This was quite unusual, considering that the norm for the Hell of Blazing Fires was a little more... chaotic. Deep inside the cave, on a pile of rocks, lay a set of clothes; a green skirt, white short-sleeved shirt, a green hair ribbon, two long black socks, a shoe, a giant mass of concrete, and a cape that looked more like a window to space than a piece of clothing. Nearby, the magma seemed a little more turbulent than the rest of the magma in the cave, as if something fell into the red-orange hot liquid rock. As time went by, bubbles began to form on the surface of the magma. At first there were only a few, but as the seconds ticked by, the bubbles became more and more frequent, until suddenly a girl with long raven-dark brown hair, matching-colored eyes, and large, black wings emerged from the magma.

(I lost it, I lost it! I can't believe I lost it!), Utsuho internally panicked as she emerged to the surface of the magma.

Utsuho was usually care-free and somewhat air-headed, but when it came to her role, that all faded away... or at least most of it. Why was she so panicked? It had been two hours since Utsuho had lost her Third Leg. In that short amount of time, there was no telling what the consequences would be. Utsuho thought about the possible outcomes. The hotsprings on the surface would cool, the Hell of Blazing Fires would be extinguished, and Utsuho would forever lose her Third Leg as the magma would cool, trapping and encasing the arm cannon in a thick layer of stone. If that happened, Utsuho had no idea what she would do.

She did not want to lose the ability to control her power, but if she couldn't find it, then she might have to go to the Youkai Mountain and tell Kanako that she lost her gift. There was a chance that Kanako would be upset with Utsuho, maybe even strip away her powers and give them to someone else. Utsuho really didn't want to think of anything like that happening. She loved her abilities, and loved her job. If she lost her abilities, then she would become just another run-of-the-mill Hell Raven.

That thought prompted Utsuho to try again. This time, she would check a little bit further away from the magma's edge. Maybe it rolled deeper into the magma. Utsuho took a couple deep breaths before once again submerging herself into the liquid rock, leaving the Hell of Blazing Fires silent, save for the bubbling and popping of magma.
    Last edited by S121; 11-12-2013, 03:45 PM.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

The blowhole

Stretching her limbs, the oni looked at the blue haired girl "The name is Yuugi, nice to meet you kappa girl" she greeted her still with the malicious grin and then heard the idea

"Being invisible? Imagine what I could do with such ability" Yuugi answered to the kappa thinking in the many pranks she could do to Suika aand the embarrasing situations with Parsee.

Getting back on track the oni nodded to the idea "I would enjoy causing ruckus like that, and what would be your name?"
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Voile Library, SDM

Remilia then tapped her chin again. "It was a long name, I remember it started with the word necro... oh, it was Necronomicon, yeah, that was it. Written by some insane fella named Abdul. Apparently that gap youkai was thrilled that she was able to get an actual copy. She wouldn't let anyone see it though. Sounded quite interesting though, from what she described of it." Remilia explained. "From what I made out, it's apparently a very rare book, so I was wondering if it was possible that you had a copy."

The Blowhole

Koishi definately felt the shockwave, but wasn't perturbed. In fact, it made her have a sense of being successful. She then threw rocks and other various things from all directions at lightning speeds, honestly not caring where they went.
        Last edited by Koishi; 11-12-2013, 05:14 PM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Voile Library - Scarlet Devil Mansion

Patchouli blinked twice before shaking her head at Remilia.

"The Gap Hag has lied. The Necronomicon does not exist, or at least, a fully functional version does not exist. It is a fictional grimoire that was created by the human horror writer H. P. Lovecraft for use in his stories," Patchouli noted as she returned to her desk. She folded her hands and sighed. "To answer your question, no, I do not have the Necronomicon in my possession. I've read that it is a dangerous book. Simply possessing it or reading it can drive the reader to insanity, even spurring them on to summon the 'Old Ones', as the term goes."

The mage gave an inquisitive tilt of her head. Why would a gap hag like Yukari lie about something like that? Surely someone as old and wise as her wouldn't make such a childish mistake, unless she was trying to cause trouble. It had been some time since something interesting had happened, the mage though to herself. Perhaps claiming that she had the book would give the gap hag a pedestal to stand upon when she spoke to Remilia, although Patchouli, with her antisocial behavior, could not understand why she wanted to do that.

"Besides," Patchouli added. "If I did have it in my possession, all of Gensokyo would know. A insane rat thief would be wielding that book and causing chaos wherever she went. I do have the Bombinomicon in my possession, but that's another story altogether."

Comment

Voile Library, SDM

"I assume this 'Bombinomicon' involves explosives?" Remilia asked, a fiery spark in her eye.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

"Yes, the Bombinomicon is a book that explains all the ways to create and set off various explosives. Black powder, dynamite, IEDs, the like," Patchouli explained. "However, the book is an entity, a personality enclosed within the stolen paper of British kings, as the back text states. It is... feisty, and prone to random bouts of demolition. I keep it locked away where I do not have to hear its incessant..."

She cut herself off when she noticed that spark in Remilia's eye.

"...Are you... getting ideas?"

Comment

Voile Library

"Maybe one..." Remilia started, coming up to Patchouli's ear and whispering. "Or twenty."

Remilia then backed off a slight bit. "So, where is this thing, if I may ask?"

Comment

Patchouli narrowed her eyes and looked forward at nothing in particular, her expression of exasperation. Sometimes she wondered why she even opened her mouth if people were going to capitalize on her information. Sighing, she spoke to Remilia.

"I couldn't stop you even if I tried. When you have an idea, you're set on it. That's one thing we have in common." The mage closed her eyes and remained silent for a moment before saying, "D Wing, 5th Classified shelf, B row. Brown leather bindings, old English text." She glared at Remilia. "Passphrase: Black Scottish Cyclops. Now leave me be."

Comment

Voile Library, SDM

"Thank you for the info, Patchy." Remilia then set off into the maze of books, eventually disappearing from Patchouli's view. She flew through the ailes, slow enoguh to figure out where she was, but fast enough to quickly breeze through them. Eventually, she set down as she neared the aile in question, with the large B on the side of the aisle. she then sighted the book, at least from the description she gave.

"Why does a book need a passphrase in the first place?" Remilia said to herself.

Comment

The Blowhole

"I'm Nitori, kappa inventor extraordinaire!" Nitori cheerfully introduced herself. "But we might want to find some shelter. It's kinda hard to talk with everything flying around."
                      Nitori quickly hid behind a rock close by. "We kappa made a camouflage coat some time ago. Using it, it is possible to make yourself next to invisible. This one's kappa sized, but nobody expects a pair of walking legs, so they probably won't see it until it's too late." She handed the oni a small package. "Unfold it while hiding from view, wrap it around yourself, and push the button. Then go surprise our 'friend'. And I do want it back if you don't mind, it's really expensive."

Comment

Forest of Magic

"...didn't I pass this place before....for the fifth time?" Lyrica floated above the ground, slightly slumped forward in exhaustion. "Ugh...I really am lost aren't I? ...I hope I run into someone that lives here..." She sighed and continued to float forward. "Forest of magic...more like the Lost Woods..." Chuckling to herself she began to press onward. "Hmm...maybe I can find that Doll Maker? She lives here too, right?"

Kourindou

DING DING~
                        The door bell rang as a girl with lavender hair walked into the antiques store with masks floating about her. She glanced about with a blank look on her face, her gaze passing over the various objects of the store. She finally focused on the main counter and slowly walked up to it and then rung a little bell that was there.

Comment

Why on earth did the vampire have a need for a book that emitted bombs and explosives? Patchouli mulled it over for a moment as she tried to get into Remilia's head. Perhaps she was trying to take care of a pest problem and wanted some extra firepower. Perhaps she wanted the book to one-up Yukari. Or, maybe Remilia wanted the book because Flandre loved it when things exploded near her. Patchouli figured it was one of the three.

She sighed and returned to her green tea, unaware that Remilia had found the book.

The Bombinomicon was an odd, large book with a gaping mouth for a front cover. Shoved into the mouth was a round black bomb, either real or fake. When Remilia came close to it, the book shuffled in its spot and growled before speaking in a strange, foreign accent.

"'Ey buddeh! Lookin' good! Pink and wings, aha! Odd combination, but I'm not one to judge. I don't have a bodeh! Ahaha!" The Bombinomicon continued to rustle and shuffle. "Say buddeh, you don't want these boring books. Take a look at me, eh? Sad thing is, you can't. A purple puta put a passphrase on me! She's not nice, not like you, eh buddeh?"

Comment

Kourindou
                            __________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Rinnosuke heard the bell ring and knew his quiet time was over, he stood up and meandered groggily toward the front desk. He finally stood in front of the girl who had rung the bell. "Hello and welcome to Kourindou." He said as he closed the book he was carrying with him and set it on a stool beside himself. "How can I help you today?"
                            "There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability."

Friendship is love with understanding..

Humans can change, not by coercion or intimidation, but by example...

Comment

Voile Library, SDM

"Oh, you talk. I take it you must be the Bombinomicon, judging from the large bomb?" Remilia asked. "Also, would the passphrase in question be Black Scottish Cyclops?" Remilia made a smirk.

Comment

The bombinomicon rumbled and growled at the passphrase before it flew off the shelf and onto the floor. There, it shook and managed to right itself so its front cover was facing up.

"Pow! Zoop! Off I go! Oh wait, I am a bomb book! I have no legs! Haha! You and me buddeh, you are my best buddeh for now. Really like what you've done with the place! Waterfront property! Is nice!" The book rustled for a moment. "You know what is better than waterfront property? Bombs! I got a selection of fine goods on sale, strangah! Don't ask me how I know. Go ahead! Open me up buddeh, we'll have a blast! Aha! You see what I did there? A pun! Yes, I am riot. Save applause."

Patchouli, on the other hand, could hear the faint echoes of Remilia's activity and inwardly seethed. She hoped she wasn't going to do anything inane.

Comment

Working...
                                X