X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voile Library

Patchouli visibly slumped and closed her eyes with a soft sigh. If the miko and thief were telling the truth, then there was an incident on the winds. Patchouli hoped this was true, as the miko and thief couldn't keep building a lie when they had nothing to gain, plus the miko wasn't known for being shady and manipulative. Unlike the thief, she had that insufferable human pride and honor about her, which was good in this case. The mage rubbed her temples and paced.

At times she despised it when she offered her assistance. People usually tried to manipulate her or trick her, forgetting that she was one of the brightest bulbs to have ever lit up Gensokyo. Other times, the problem at hand was so trivial to her mind that it pained her to even devote her thoughts and plans to it. But now this was a different situation. There may actually be a dragon out and about, and if its passing caused pain and destruction wherever it went, then it needed to be dealt with. Patchouli, despite her apathetic demeanor towards the lives of others, cared about the residents of the mansion enough to see that they come to no harm.

And... Even she could not deny that this was a wondrous opportunity. A living, breathing dragon of myth! Already she was coming up with questions that she wanted answered, things like what kind of dragon it was, whether or not it breathed fire, average wingspan, and other things. Perhaps she could get a sample of its scales for study.

"I see... Yes, I see now, miko," Patchouli sighed as she opened her eyes, thankful that she had the time to think. "I may be able to create and use a few combined elements spell cards that can assist you, should you have the talent to utilize them. Water and Moon may fit better for your situation than Water and Metal, for the former will be stronger when darkness falls and the phases of the moon can create a stronger elemental water attack. Plus, with the temperature of the water affected by the moon, it will be useful as an offensive strike."

Human Village

"Has Mystia come to a conclusion about her considering opening up a stall?" Byakuren asked. "If not, I believe I should convince her to... try her luck here."

Byakuren was proud of Mystia for her consideration. It wasn't often that a youkai got the thought that they could coexist with humanity instead of terrorizing them, so this was something to be revered. If the little night sparrow were to open up shop here, relations between youkai and humans would improve! Plus, Mystia would be able to earn money and sing, although the latter would have to be controlled as to not bewilder and drive humans mad. Perhaps... It would be better if she didn't sing, Byakuren thought with a sad frown.

Comment

Human Village

"Well, after I talked wit her, she seemed quite sound on the concept." Nue said. "Hopefully she'll go through with it. I hate travelling out so far to get some good food."

Voile

"That could be useful. The water could short out it's fire, at least for a time." Reimu replied, giving a little bow. "We are thankful for your assistance. Now, how long would these spellcards take to be made? We are not in the best situation in terms of time." Reimu asked.

Chireiden

Koishi then suddenly appeared next to Satori in a wheeled and cushy swivel chair.

"Ooo, I know, how about tag?" Koishi blurted.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Chireiden

Utsuho was just about to sit at the table, but Koishi's suggestion caused her to shoot straight back up to a stand with a smile on her face. It had been a while since she played a game, so she was excited to participate.

"What do you say Satori? Tag?", Utsuho asked Satori in a happy tone.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Chireiden

Satori frowned. "Tag? Here?"
          She looked at the kappa. "That wasn't really what Nitori had in mind when she asked for a game."

"I meant something like shogi or something, not tag." Nitori explained.
          "And I still remember the last time you played a game here." Satori chimed in. "I still find pieces of broken statues everywhere."

Comment

Chireiden

"Oh, it'll be fine, sis. You worry too much. Besides, we have all this space, and we don't even use it." Koishi replied.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Chireiden

Satori glared at Koishi. "Has it ever occurred to you that someone has to clean it up too?"
              She quickly got her act together however. "There are no servants left here. If you break something, I am the one that needs to clean it up."
              She dug in the kappa's memories, looking for a particular incident, something mentioned before.
              "You flooded part of the blowhole earlier, and I know you did other things too. And look at your companions - an oni, Okuu, and a kappa."

Nitori protested. "I'm not that destructive you know... And I didn't even want to play tag."

"Are you sure about that?" Satori replied. "I know everything you think. You were not the one that proposed the idea, but I can tell you've warmed up to it."

The kappa let her head hang in defeat. "Okay, I might want to play tag too. This opportunity might just be too good to pass up!" She laughed.

Satori was in an awkward position. On one hand, she wanted to stop this foolishness. Why play tag? Why do something when it was not useful at all? What was there to be gained from such worthless games? On the other hand however, she just wanted to play with them, so she could be a child again for a while, so she wouldn't have to worry about everything.

She rose from her position. "Alright. Go play your games. I will participate to keep an eye on you all. I can't have you demolishing the palace of course."

Comment

Human Village

Byakuren laughed and smiled at Nue's confession. Good food was everywhere, especially in the Human Village. The things people did with herbs and spices never ceased to amaze the monk, for she was used to unentertaining meals devoid of taste, or rice. Eating had been just a means to get energy before, and she did not take into account that such a simple act could be enjoyed. In fact, it should be enjoyed. When in the Human Village, do as the villagers do!

"Oh Nue... Good food is everywhere! Chireiden, the Scarlet Devil Mansion, even here in the Human Village!" Byakuren placed a hand under her chin and supported it with her other arm just under her elbow. "Even the most unassuming of creatures can create good food with the right materials. I may just take up cooking this year... Well, if there's nothing else new in Gensokyo that requires my attention, I believe I will head back to the temple. Murasa must be terribly bored watching over it by now, so I surmise she will be happy for the break."

Scarlet Devil Mansion - Voile Library

No wonder the miko was respected by most youkai and men alike. She wasn't a pain in the side and she was respectful. Grateful, even, unlike some people. It was almost enough to make Patchouli smile, but her lips remained uncurled. Turning to her desk, the mage opened the bottom drawer and produced three crisp-looking spellcards.

"I have a few spellcards in reserve. Take these three Water & Moon cards," she ordered as she placed the cards on the desk.

The cards were unassuming enough, but the same could be said for every card at first glance. Patchouli's powerful magicks were contained within the cards, and when unleashed, they would do some damage should the attacks hit. The words "Lunar Wave" were written on them, more so for identification than for creativity. Patchouli looked up at the miko and offered a silent nod before pushing another card forward, this being another Water & Moon type. The words "Cryo Smog" were written upon it.

"A harmful smokescreen for the dragon's confusion or for your escape."

Comment

Chireiden

Though she couldn't read minds like her sister, she could read faces, along with the subconscious. Secretly, somewhere in her brains, she wanted to play tag. And at that, Koishi smiled.

"Okay then! Some rules, frst of all." Koishi said. "You may use danmaku and your own powers to defend yourself from whoever is it, but no badly hurting someone. You also can't damage the place. How's that sound?" Koishi asked everybody.

Human Village

"But the lamprey is delicious." Nue mumbled under her breath.

Voile Library

"Sounds handy." Marisa made a devious smirk, which was shut off by a glare from Reimu, who snatched the card.

"Yeah, we could disorient it with this quite well. Thanks." Reimu bowed.
                  Last edited by Koishi; 12-06-2013, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Human Village

Byakuren didn't hear what Nue mumbled under her breath, for she was stretching and looking off towards her temple. As much as she wanted to sample all of life's pleasures here in the village, perhaps even indulge with a bottle of sake, she had a temple and a religion to direct. She bid adieu to Nue with a small bow before taking off towards her temple. What kind of monk would she be if she neglected her duties?

She could not forget Nue's words, however. Everyone had a desire to leave something behind, not just the monk. Through her teachings and her kindness, she would be remembered, but Byakuren didn't care for fame or fortune. She just wanted a guarantee that something, someone would remember her for who she was rather than what she accomplished. And then, there was that nagging feeling again. It occurred to the monk that while she had confidantes and friends, she didn't have anyone who knew her inside and out. Someone like her brother... But, who could ever come close to that level of closeness?

"Enough," she muttered to herself as she paused at the exit of the human village. "You have everything that you could possibly need or want here. What else is there?" she asked herself.

Patchouli nodded at the two before turning to a stack of blank cards.

"I have nothing else for you. When you find this dragon and decide to either drive it away or destroy it, would it be too much to ask that you take a few samples from its body?" Patchou looked back up with an uncharacteristic coldness about her. Despite her monotone tone of voice, there was no doubt that there was venom dripping from her tongue as she spoke. "Of course, to the victors go the spoils, but I would very much enjoy a few scales to examine. Even more so, a pint or more of its blood would suffice."

Comment

Chireiden

"That sounds good." Satori said. "Though we need some limits. It is impossible to play tag with someone who is invisible, that would be too one-sided."

Comment

Chireiden

"Well technically it's not invisibility." Koishi shuffled her feet a little. "Technically."

Voile Library

"We might be able to get a scale, but the second one, that's a bit iffy." Reimu said. "Anyway, thanks. We'll come back later once we've beaten it."

"Toodaloo!" Marisa called out as the two left through the ceiling.

Comment

Myouren Temple
                          Byakuren could feel the joviality and wellbeing of the humans radiating from the village as she left for her temple. She felt tired, but she also felt fulfilled for the day. Schoolchildren were taught a few lessons and a youkai that preyed upon humans was considering opening up a shop in the village, not to continue preying upon humans but to sell them food. Plus, Nue had dropped in for a conversation, which was a welcome gift. All in all, Byakuren thought it was a good day.

She made her way back to her temple without any hassle. The Myouren temple had recently received a bit of a renovation and was now a shining beacon for all who wanted to know or follow Buddhism. The monk looked at the numerous red banners at either side of the grand steps and sighed. Sometimes she thought her temple was too extravagant for his tastes, should he be alive to examine it. Still, if it caught the attention of a curious soul, what harm did it do? Byakuren shrugged and made her way up the steps to the entrance, noticing the clean floors courtesy of Kyouko Kasodani.

Not a bad job, Byakuren thought with a tinge of pride. The youkai girl wasn't the most diligent priest-in-training, but at least she tried. Byakuren moved inside her temple and slid the door shut behind her. She always felt the calm wash over her when she returned, and why wouldn't she? She was home, back where she belonged. The monk dusted off her robes and looked up towards the end of the room to where a small shrine was set up.

After making sure everything was in order, the monk exhaled and sat down in front of the shrine to meditate.

Patchouli stared at the two heroines as they left. What else could she offer to them in her current state? Advice? The miko knew one of the dragon's weaknesses, and Patchouli was at a loss. Luck? Tewi be damned, there was no such thing as luck in the mage's eyes. Only skill mattered in a fight for life.

Composing herself, Patchouli turned back to her blank spellcards and opened her grimoire only to stop just as she began to incite a spell. Her eyes lingered over the glass and blood left behind by the dragon's flyby. At least a youkai was somewhat considerate when they attacked humans. Creatures, on the other hand, not so much. Patchouli closed her grimoire and decided to work on more spellcards when her mind wasn't plagued with incessant thoughts.

There was a walking wounded to look after. Patchouli turned her gaze to the western part of her library and searched for that familiar blur of crimson and ebony. Sure enough, returning to the center of the library was a wounded Koakuma. To Patchouli's relief, the little devil had tended to her wound with a fresh strip of gauze after cleaning it up. She would be able to return to her duties at the cost of her efficiency. The mage offered a small nod towards the devil, to which Koakuma replied with a tired grin.

Comment

Chireiden

Yuugi thought about what they were saying about hiding and everything

"Well then, why donīt we use our smelling and hearing senses? with that we can track a person, even though she is invisible to the nromal eye" she said and looked to the sisters

"Both of you have quite a lot of scents thanks to your animal friends, it would be easy to find a tiger or a peacock in a place so different from their habitat" the oni grineed
                            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Myouren Temple

Byakuren's meditations were interrupted when a single thought popped into her head. She had forgotten to check on Murasa. Immediately she opened her eyes and sat up to look around. On most days, she would go to Murasa for information, but today she had found Nue. With a clouded mind, she had forgotten to think about one of her closest confidantes.

The monk shook her head at her own shortcomings before scouring the temple for the youkai captain. She called out for her every now and then before finding the captain huddled up against a wooden post with a bottle of sake. Murasa's hat drooped over her eyes, her clothes were immaculate, and her position was anything but respectful. Byakuren peered down at her with a frown, as alcohol was forbidden according to the Buddhist faith. However, she could not scold her, as the good captain was sound asleep with a drunken grin on her face.

Sighing, Byakuren bent down and picked up the captain. She offered a kind smile, knowing that despite the captain's innumerable faults, she was still a good friend. Murasa snuggled into Byakuren as the latter carried her to a guest room in the temple.

"Queen Zenobia... what a sucky name," Murasa babbled.

Byakuren giggled at the captain's drunken babbling. With her characteristic gentleness, the monk set the captain down on a bedroll and left her be. Closing the door to the room behind her, Byakuren yawned and returned to the center of the temple to get back to her meditations.

As Koakuma cleaned up the mess left behind by the dragon, Patchouli meditated on her emotions. She had come close to an outburst when dealing with the miko and the thief, but they were not the reason for her unease. Seeing her little devil's blood spilled was the source of said unease, and that perplexed the mage. She wasn't known for being sentimental like a human was. Patchouli furrowed her brow and frowned as she rested her head on her hands.

She was thankful that she wasn't in the wrong place at the wrong time, thus avoiding the dragon's sweep. She was also thankful that she wasn't mauled by Flandre, which was a welcome relief. In fact, Patchouli was still amazed that the little vampire paid attention to her story and showed a genuine desire to learn. When the mage looked into those bright eyes of hers, she couldn't help but stay. Koakuma brought about the same feeling in Patchouli's breast, give or take a few oddities.

A smile crept onto Patchouli's face, hidden by her hands. She was just being protective of the little vampire and devil. A scholar and a servant deserved to live, especially ones so near and dear to one's heart. Knowing that, Patchouli sat up at her desk and focused on Koakuma for a moment. Perhaps... Perhaps she was sentimental after all.

Comment

Chireiden

"But not all of us have such a good nose." Nitori said. "That would be unfair."
                                "And while your reasoning is sound, you are forgetting one thing." Satori added. "While it might be easy to find animals outside of their habitat, these animals live here. The whole place smells like them. And you might just have caught a real tiger or peacock instead of one of us."
                                She shook her head. "No, smell alone won't do. We need to find something else."

Comment

Working...
                                X