X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Blowhole

No response came, aside from another two rock being thrown to the back of both Yuugi and Nitori's heads.

Voile Library, SDM

"Patchy, you have way too much free time on your hands. Have you ever thought of taking up something simple? Like knitting?" Remilia joked, making a smirk.
    Last edited by Koishi; 11-15-2013, 05:09 PM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Voile Library - Scarlet Devil Mansion

"Knitting?" Patchouli let loose a small laugh. "Why knit when I can call forth arcane fire from the pages of my grimoire?" She turned away and looked into her grimoire once again. "Besides... I already tried knitting once. I made a tiny sock, and it was very, very underwhelming."

Patchouli reached into her pool off magic and lifted her hand to the fallen bookshelves. After mumbling a few incoherent words that only she understood, the bookshelves rumbled and levitated into the air. Dust shook from their surfaces and fell to the ground as the bookshelves turned and righted themselves accordingly. With a flick of the wrist, Patchouli set the bookshelves down in their rightful places, give or take a few inches. She waved her hand in the air and coughed on the dust before turning away.

"Koakuma," she muttered.

In a few seconds, a red-haired devil peered over the bookshelves with a concerned expression on her face.

"Mistress?"

"Tidy up this aisle," Patchouli ordered. She watched the devil descend and begin picking up books before looking back to Remilia. "I may have 'free time' on my hands, but so do you, Remilia. I fill my time with reading, experiments, and research. You? Socializing, plotting, and drinking. Not a bad way to live by a human's standards."

Comment

Voile Library, SDM

"By a human's standards. I'm not human though, am I? Maybe once, but that was a VERY long time ago. I've grown past that. You have too, technically. Humans are just a simple building block to be built on. A true neutral in the ways of the universe, no matter how violent they can be. They simply exist to maintain the balance of order. Like an ecosystem. Take away the highest predator and the lower beings overpopulate, and kill themselves off. Take away the lower beings, and the higher predators starve." Remilia said, sitting down in a chair and cleaning her teeth with a toothpick.

"I went way off topic, didn't I?" Remilia chuckled.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Patchouli felt the vampire's charisma flow about her like a rushing river. When she wanted to make a point and do it properly, Remilia's voice could not be silenced. Of course humans were building blocks. Another species to exist only for the purpose of others, like cattle. In fact, most vampires and trans-humans viewed the human race as just that: cattle meant to be herded, reformed, and harvested when they were rich and plump. Patchouli did not share such an extreme view, but she didn't hold humanity in high regard. She nodded at Remilia's opinion and raised a finger to offer her thoughts when-

"Humans are crazy," the Bombinomicon offered. "One minute, raccoon sanctuary. The next minute, pow! Zoop! Gravel wars! Why that even reminds me of that one time-"

"That's enough input from you," Patchouli said as she lifted her hand and squeezed the book's spine. Her hand glowed purple before receding, and the result was a silent, lighter book. "This will keep it from uttering any more nonsense, at least for a few days." She looked up at Remilia. "Your logic is sharp, Remilia. I commend that."

Comment

Voile Library, SDM

"That's high praise coming from you. But, even considering that, to be honest, I almost pity the humans. They could be improved in so many ways, but they simply reject it and go about their daily lives. Saddening, almost. They have so much potential. You would know, that black and white witch is a good example. Same with the shrine maiden.They all tapped into something that not even I, nor you, nor even my sister can stand up to. From what Sakuya's told me, they've even defeated gods. That's something worth praising. Not some kiddie vampire rambling about her views of the world." Remilia smirked.

Comment

Patchouli narrowed her eyes at the mention of the shrine maiden and her accomplice. She respected the shrine maiden for keeping the peace, but she couldn't help but feel a tinge of jealousy when Remilia remarked about their powers. Power wasn't everything, and one couldn't surmount every problem with brute force alone. Sometimes knowledge had to take the reins and do the job.

"That rat-thief is a good example, yes, but she is also a good example of humanity's flaws," Patchouli replied. "Greed, pride, materialistic manners of living, pleasures of the flesh, and other trivial values that are beneath me... save for pride, but without it, who is to say what I would do?"

Comment

The Blowhole

The rock hit Nitori's head, and because she wasn't expecting it, it almost knocked her into the lava.
                "Hey! I'm not fire-resistant you know! Pranks are okay, but doesn't killing people go a little too far?"
                She looked around. The lava covered the ground, with Yuugi's stepping stones being scattered here and there.
                Staying here might be dangerous. She didn't know how fast injuries from molten rock would heal, but she didn't want to find out.

"Yuugi? Would you mind going a little further in?"

The water surrounding her had dissipated. Her concentration had left her just now, when the rock hit her, and she had trouble handling herself in this heat without protection. A kappa like her was at its best in the water, not in a lava filled environment. Without any way to fly, her options were limited. And all her opponent did so far was throwing rocks at her and Yuugi. She thought about the time when she helped that kleptomanic witch go to the underground to make that nuclear bird give them nuclear energy. She was sure they passed over a river then. Yes, she was sure of it. A very jealous youkai stopped them there. But more important, the river could give her power. And it was devoid of easy to reach rocks.

Without any more thinking, she broke into a run.

Comment

The Blowhole

Then, appearing out of nowhere in Nitori's way, a seemingly impassable wall of danmaku appeared in Nitori's way, blocking her progress.

Voile Library, SDM

"But of couse humanity is flawed. Everything has it's flaws, whether it be humans, youkai, celestials, gods, all are not perfect. Every rose has it's thorn, as that old saying goes." Remilia said.

Comment

Koakuma stumbled on a pile of books and collapsed to the floor with an audible 'eep'. Patchouli looked after her for a moment in silent resignation before shrugging and returning her attention to Remilia. Now she was just stating facts. Of course everything had its flaws, but it were those flaws that made things interesting. The best characters in literary history had tragic flaws that made them unique and likable. Those who had flaws of their own were drawn to characters that shared them. As Koakuma got back to her feet with a sheepish grin, Patchouli yawned.

"Yes, yes. I know this, Remilia."

She was tempted to ask about the missile again, but as Patchouli thought about it, she came to the conclusion that she had no interest in Remilia's reasons.

"Is there anything else you wish to discuss? Flandre's wellbeing, the guard at the gates... Philosophy, perhaps?"

Comment

Voile Library, SDM

"Debating philosophy with you would be like an amateur fighter facing a grand master. Though, on that first note, I have been missing one of Flan's toys, and Sakuya said it might be in here somewhere. Little teddy bear, enchanted with almost unbreakable magic?" Remilia asked.

Comment

blowhole

Yuugi pierced the rock with her horn and stood still on the rock bridge to not to fall into the magma "I think you are getting too far with this prank little one" she said outloud to the invisible person

Then she noticed the kappa running towards the bridge were Parsee was and soona Danmaku wall appeared on her way "Oh you won´t!" the oni ran towards the wall

"Im not called the Devah of strength for nothing!" Yuugi growled punching with a hell of power to break the wall or to atleast push it aside
                        Last edited by Kristia; 11-16-2013, 09:38 PM.
                        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

The Blowhole

As Yuugi punched, her fist went through the wall like air. It was seemingly an illusion. Her fist kept going and eventually hit herself in the head.

Comment

Patchouli shook her head.

"I'm afraid I've not seen your sister's bear in my library. You may trust the maid's words, but are you certain Flandre didn't misplace it in her quarters?"

"M-Mistress..."

The mage turned to eye the little devil who spoke up. Koakuma looked up at the mage and vampire like a mouse caught between two tigers. Her fingers played with the hem of her dress; a nervous habit.

"Yes? What is it, Koakuma?" Patchouli asked.

"I th-think I know where the teddy bear is. I saw it this morning in one of the guest rooms at the north end." Koakuma looked at Patchouli's narrowed, judging eyes and winced. "S-Sir Stuffington?"

"Why didn't you tell me of this oddity sooner?" Patchouli demanded.

"I... I thought it was yours," Koakuma confessed.

Patchouli closed her eyes and sighed. She seemed disappointed, but the pink tint in her cheeks hinted that she was embarrassed Koakuma would think such a thing. There was no need to tie herself to an inanimate object for comfort and protection. Her grimoire did the job just well enough. Eventually, she nodded and spoke in her normal, emotionless tone.

"Thank you, Koakuma. Kindly go and retrieve it, will you?"

Koakuma nodded and flew off with an awkward, panicked motion. Patchouli looked back at Remilia and shrugged.

Comment

The Blowhole

Feeling the punch on her face, the oni fell backwards "Dang it that hurt" she said rubbing her nose and got serious

"You wanted to start some trouble? congratulations! you found it! Mysterious Ring "Hell's Wheel of Pain"! Yuugi growled making a backflip as Danmaku bullets went as flying circles to random directions
                              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Voile Library, SDM

Remilia chuckled. "Your familiar is at times adorable. Don't you think?"

The Blowhole

Koishi dodged the bullets, but as they hit the walls, the entire cavern shook, causing rocks to fall from the ceiling. it got worse with every bullet cluster.

Comment

Working...
                                X