X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voile Library - Scarlet Devil Mansion

"Well, I will have to admit that this is a departure from the usual ideas that you have. And, I'll also admit that I'm a little curious as to what your ultimate goal is." Patchouli looked to her now-ruined section of books and sighed. She'll have to restore the area and make Koakuma pick up the books. "If your goal is to add an extra weapon to your arsenal, I can understand. But, this is a dangerous weapon that can be unwieldy. I hope that its use is limited to a mere deterrence device, but as Vegetius stated, si vis pacem, para bellum."

Patchouli let that set in for a moment before she blinked. She wondered if Remilia understood what she just said, but if she didn't, it was her loss. Shrugging, the purple-haired mage walked about the ruined section and performed a damage assessment.

Comment

Voile Library, SDM

"Prepare for war, ey? Well if it all goes correctly, that'll be easy." Remilia said in a slightly egotistical tone of voice.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

The Blowhole

Yuugi checked their surrounding, there was magma coming from the ceiling and was arounf most of the place, luckily it wasnpt getting close to the city which she was glad of.

The oni was thinking about how to deal with the magma and had an idea "I have something, I will give you some terrain to wallk above the magma and then will experiment how stuck I can get a corck on that leak up there" she said giving back the cloack to the kappa

"It will be obvious that some rocks suddenly get lifted and being thrown at specific locations, might as well have you be the unseen one, your water acting as sprinkler can show our troublemaker´s location, just look for the only space where water hits the nothingness" the blonde said getting up and ran towards the nearest rocks

Yuugi took the rock and threw it towards the magma, it landed on the fiery molten element, but fortunately stood there without disolving. Keeping with the same idea, she ran launching more rocks forming a sort of paths around and through the magma area.

"Now for the finale" the oni said picking a rather sharp rock, aimed it to the leak and with a good breath, she launched it to the magma leak as she hopped that when it impales it. the rock gets stuck enough
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

"Remilia, too much commotion near the Mansion would spur Flandre," Patchouli said as she began writing down notes on a small ledger. She tapped her chin and sighed. "Why not deceive your enemies into believing that you have more firepower than what you already have? No need to mass-produce weapons of mass destruction."

While she had no love for war, Patchouli Knowledge could not deny that war brought out the best of minds. Authors captured the best moments of human suffering during war and accurately depicted wartime life as it played out. Some of the best quotes were born under the shroud of war, and some of the best inventions were derived from some battlefield. Still, war was terrible to those who fought in it, and Patchouli had no desire to delve too deep in whatever Remilia was planning. She would help, of course, but she didn't want to fight unless she had a goal or desire of her own.

"All warfare is based on deception," Patchouli quoted. "Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near." She turned to Remilia with a soft smile on her lips. "Have you read the Art of War, Remilia?"

Comment

Voile Library, SDM

"Skimmed through it. Why are you making such a big deal out of this anyways, it's like you think we're going to fight a war ourselves or something." Remilia replied.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

"Ey! Why not have a pointless war over gravel, eh? Hire a bunch of guys. Pay them in hats. Pow! Zoop! Instant gratification!" the Bombinomicon droned.

Patchouli ignored the bomb-book as she picked up a few books of her own and placed them in small stacks. She coughed when she unearthed a bit of dust when she did so.

"Even the smallest act of violence can be considered an act of war, Remilia. But I digress." She straightened up and smoothed out her robes. "I would prefer that you research the contents of that diabolic book somewhere else. I fear for collateral damage in my library when that book is active." Patchouli sighed. "The other personality books that I have in my possession are not nearly as troublesome as this one..."

Comment

Bamboo Forest of the Lost

"Hey, what's up with wandering around here? Girlfriend problems?"

"No, and mind your own business if you don't want your lampreys full of insect eggs."

"I heard a certain fly maggot ferments sake faster. Can you hatch me some?"

"Haha, I'll take a yakisoba."

Wriggle was the only customer in Mystia's food stand today. The stand was nothing fancy, with simple wheeled locomotion device and a shoddy coated roof. The signs dangling on the wooden framework labeled assortments of nourishment steaming hot: fish cakes, yakitori, chikuwa, and other nighttime snacks for both humans and Youkais to enjoy.

"Did you hear?" Mystia started, tying a blue apron around her waist. "Human Village is hosting a party tonight."

"Are Youkais invited?" Wriggle asked.

"Yes, apparently, thanks to that pro-Youkai Buddhist nun." Mystia answered. "Here's your Yakisoba."

Mystia's stand is known best for the fried lamprey, but other foods she makes are superb. Wriggle knew this, as a regular, and happily began devouring through the Chicken Yakisoba.

It was delicious.

"You should really open a shop in human village." Wriggle suggested, downing a small plate of Yakisoba noodles almost instantly. She grabbed a napkin from the side tray and wiped excess sauce off from her mouth. "You'll be loved more."

"My career is in eating humans, not selling food to them." Mystia sighed. "I'm not going to be ironic about my own identity."

"Whatever." Wriggle snickered as she rose from her seat and began to leave. "Consider what I said, though. The world has changed. Being a Youkai in Gensokyo is not all about attacking humans blindly, but about fraternizing with them."
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

Voile Library, SDM

"Wait, wait, you mean there's other books like blabber-mouth over here?" Remilia asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Or scaring them." came a voice from above the two.
                  Last edited by Koishi; 11-14-2013, 11:55 PM.

Comment

So Remilia was interested once again, Patchouli thought to herself. Her friend always seemed to have a knack for drifting to and from different hobbies and items, but when the vampire lived for 500 years, she had to have had something to tide her over. Even Patchouli, with all her books and innate knowledge, had a desire to look for something else to do besides reading. Very rarely did she act on that desire, though. The mage turned around and looked at Remilia before nodding.

"Do you recall the year when snow fell mid-October? I believe it was... 29 years ago... I had just finished a rather extensive project with the newest shipment of blank books brought in from Kourindou." Patchouli coughed into her hand. "I'll spare the details for you, Remilia. I had managed to create multiple personalities that were contained within the pages of the blank books. Each book has their own distinct voice, manner of speaking, and personality. They are essentially people contained within books, save for a few countermeasures I implemented. Unlike this Bombinomicon, they cannot cause harm."

The mage waved her hand to gesture to a dimly-lit aisle in the distance.

"The books are over in the E wing, 3rd and 4th shelf, in front of the loveseats. You may find some books have been touched by the personalities, and as a result, they narrate their stories when prompted."

Comment

As Wriggle left, Mystia heard a voice.

"Who goes there?" Mystia looked up, trying to locate whoever was talking to her.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Nue's head popped out from the roof of the stand, upside down.

"Boo." Nue said.

Comment

Nitori looked on in awe as she saw the oni throwing large rocks around with her bare hands.
                          She had heard of the oni's strength of course, but never before had she seen it with her own eyes, because she still was somewhat afraid of them.
                          And they lived underground of course.
                          She shook her head. This was no time to admire the oni's work! There was a battle to be fought!
                          While running towards the rudimentary platforms, she tried to dissolve the water in small droplets that spread in a large area, floating there controlled by her will.
                          Almost at once, she noticed an empty spot not all that far away from her.
                          "Gotcha." she thought as she drew a pair of mechanical arms from her backpack.

Comment

Blowhole

Yuugi looked at the rudimentary cork she used to stop the magma leak "I hope that thing holds enough, maybe the satori sisters could have an idea of why.. wait" she stopped and thought about the whole situation

("Suika would be obvious to see since she is a worse drunktard than me, Rin and her ghosts would be seen floating, Kisume is out of the question because there should be a flying bucket. Yamame´s webbings aren´t close to this area and there is no sticky web around and Parsee isn´t so jealous to start destroying things near her bridge. Utsuho would be launching nuclear beams so..") the oni pointed out the posible troublemakers

"Hey throwing rock ghost, are you either Satori or Koishi and Im sure Satori is too relaxed to cause some ruckus." Yuugi said outloud
                            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

The Blowhole

Nitori launched both of her mechanical arms at her invisible opponent.
                              One arm missed, but she managed to get a firm grip on her with the other one.
                              "Yuugi, some help would be nice!" she yelled backwards at the oni, who looked like she was in deep thought.
                              It was only after that that she registered what Yuugi said. "Huh? Koishi? That satori?" she asked, confused.

Comment

The Blowhole

Yuugi ran towards the kappa´s location getting on one of the rock bridges she made "It´s probably one of the sister, mostly Koishi, she sometimes get bored from time to time and start making pranks on people" she explained remembering

the oni was remembering a time she had with Parsee, they were quite relaxed on the bridge while both of them were drinking some sake from Yuugi´s plate. They were doing fine until a flying bucket of water fell on the crimsom eyed woman thus starting some search and destroy of the troublemaker ("And I was so close to have a perfect date!") Yuugi thought

"So little one, why don´t you show yourself?

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X