X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

Actually, the trees are too dense for the hovercrafts to pass through without being significantly slowed down. In fact, it's actually faster to go on foot. As for the foot soldiers, I don't think they have radars/HUDs, so you should be safe on that front. it's just a matter of getting out of range of their sensors by escaping into the deeper parts of the forest, then getting out of sight of the soldiers.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Out of sight won't help me too much because of those sensors. I assume they have communication devices.

If they have the hovercars go over and scan (which was how they found them the first time) then they can simply relay coordinates.
      Foot soldiers can still find them.

The scenario is too perfect.

@ Katrix

Oh and I did some math

according to your scale and where I'm assuming they are currently (based on what I drew)
      they would be about 2 days away from the lake if they marched straight to it non-stop.
      But because Selene...double the time if not more so it would be about 4 days if not a week approximately.
      Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-22-2014, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cucoo5 View Post
        @ S121
        Not with that attitude.

Like I said before, the hovercars can not travel through the trees, and their sensors can only scan so far. As for the footsoldoers, they're wearing armor, heavy ass tactical gear, while Revere is wearing simple clothes. Revere has the advantage in terms of mobility. Not only that, he has the home field advantage. He knows this forest, while the soldiers don't know a single thing about it. They are unfamiliar, with means that they can easily get lost.

Let's go with the worst-case scenario. If you can't outrun them, the go Rambo on them. Set up traps in the forest. Use their unfamiliarity against them. Make it seem like the forest itself is out to get them, and when they are too terrified to fight back effectively, kill them. Set traps, hide in mud, hide in trees and ambush them. If you've seen Rambo (First Blood part 1/2), then you know what I'm talking about.

Either way, he has two options that have a good chance of success. He can either run, or take refuge in the forest and kill the soldiers off, one-by-one.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

I know what your talking about but I don't think basic woodland traps are going to help me against armored soldiers.
          Unless its like Ewoks beating Storm Troopers...which still makes no sense.

The hovercars would still be able to cover a lot of area in a short amount of time. How they found him the first time can be used again and again.

Comment

@Cucoo

Like I said before, their hover cars can not penetrate the deeper parts of the forest. They are too big to be of any real use. Walking is faster.

As for their armor, I highly doubt they have anything that can protect them from a knife in the neck. They don't have John's armor, so it will be effective. Every suit of armor has its weaknesses. Just attack the places it doesn't protect, like the armpits, neck, inner thighs, and other places. Don't be so pessimistic about your situation. Believe it or not, you're actually at an advantage.

This is not an Ewok vs Stormtrooper scenario, this is a strategy vs strategy scenario. If your strategy is sound, then you will win, no matter the tools of your enemies. Take their stuff and kill them. Cleanly kill one of the soldiers, take his gear, disguise yourself as the enemy, then kill them when they have their guard down.

See? There's another strategy you can implement. It's like a game of Trouble In Terrorist Town. Use your mind to defeat your opponents. There's a reason humans are the dominant species on the planet, and it was not because of our speed and strength. It's our intelligence.

There's so many things you can do, you just need to be able to think up of some plans. To be honest, I would have lots of fun with your scenario. XD
            sigpic

Comment

They might not be able to go through, but they can go over. it's how they found him the first time. They can sit nice and safe in the hover cars over the forest and track him.

According to every strategy I'm thinking, I can't win. As soon as he's clear of the fire they can simply go into their hover cars and track him.

Comment

@Cucoo

Would you rather I say "then die"?

If you're really that worried about the hovercars, then destroy them. Hijack them. You're not exactly powerless. You have gravity magic, don't you? Fly.
                sigpic

Comment

Katrix indirectly shot that idea out of the water before I even mentioned it.

I was about to have Revere go swordmaster ninja on them and use gravity to accelerate him and his swords at the crew at speeds that would prevent them from reacting and killing them all.

But I can't do that.

Comment

@Cucoo

Then talk with him. To tell you the truth, Katrix told me about the hovercraft and he said that they couldn't go through the forest, that Revere could easily escape. He said that you don't always need to win or lose every single battle.

Just with to him.
                    sigpic

Comment

The way I see it:

Fact 1:
                      Hovercars can go over forest

Fact 2:
                      They can scan safely from the hovercars and pursue Revere and Selene easily.

This is implied by continuity that this method was used to find them from the start.

Fact 3:
                      Revere and Selene are on foot.

Fact 4:
                      SYSTEM Agents would be able to drop down from Hovercars and immediately surround Revere and Selene.

Fact 5:
                      Revere is at the disadvantage as he has to protect Selene.

Fact 6:
                      SYSTEM Agents are implied to be prepared for Revere's gravity manipulation, rendering that useless.

Fact 7:
                      They are wearing armor that is to be implied resistant against Revere's swords, thus rendering that useless.

Fact 8:
                      It is implied that SYSTEM can easily put out the fire, rendering the amount of time to escape nil.

Fact 9:
                      There's a special net preventing escape.
                      Fire on one side where the SYSTEM agents are and net on the other.

Options:

- Running in an attempt to escape
                      conclusion: not favorable, must fight.
                      Reasons: Facts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9

- Fighting back
                      Conclusion: will result in loss
                      Reasons: Facts 4, 5, 6, 7, 9

Options that result in success: 0
                      Result: Checkmate

If Revere fights, he looses.
                      If they run, they will inevitably loose.

System has won by technological superiority.

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
                      ...These were much more suited for battle than a normal SYSTEM agents. They were also using advanced technology in order to confuse their enemies as most people didn't have any knowledge about SYSTEM weapons. Now she all that remained was to make a plan to catch him. Although they had originally wanted him alive, they didn't care anymore. They had also been able to gather a little information about him as he had been working as a mercenary for them before.

Now they were cruising trough the air trying to find the man they were looking for. Luckily they had lot's of gadgets to find a persons location. Withing about 30 minutes they had his location. Apparently he was passing by on one of the sides of Skógur. If they were fast enough they could maybe reach him before he would get too close to the town. This was what they went for. Within minutes they were hovering over his location.

They knew where he was. They couldn't see him from the hover crafts, but they had other means to see him. After monitoring him for a while, they began shining giant flashlights towards him. Now he could no longer hide in the shadows as easily.

..."This is you last chance to give up and stop this before it gets any worse for you. We know who you are, we have data on you, we know all of your weak spots.
                      Endalausir Forest - Near Skógur <Spira>

As he spoke, one of the hovercrafts flipped around. No one the hovercraft fell down however. This time they had come prepared. This gravity magic was something simple to deal with. They just had a few individuals in the hovercraft user their magic to fasten them to the hovercraft. This way the hovercraft had it's own gravity. Of course, this wasn't the only thing that kept them from falling out. They also had a lot of technology that was helping them.
                      ...At the same time, all the hovercrafts had positioned themselves around Revere in a arc. When the fired the cannons, a special net going between the hovercrafts was also made, preventing escape.

The mana cannons never hit Revere's location. Instead they hit a little bit in font of him, creating explosions wherever they hit. Soon enough, the forest closest to Revere was burning. He would have no choice but to escape. Staying in the same place would be suicide. At the same time, SYSTEM also followed from behind. Of course they could fix the forest after they were done with with Revere. That was the goal now, and they were set on completing it.
                      Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-22-2014, 06:12 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Alright, let's get things sorted out here. S121 have already pointed out many of the things that are to be said. The hovercrafts are big and bulky, they can't travel very well trough the forest, in fact, they would have problems even getting into the forest. Once they are outisde of the hovercraft, they'll have problems getting back up. They would have to find a specific place where it's open enough to land. S121 also have a point in setting up traps.

Another thing he could do is to get into a area where people lived. They are two different nations on the brink of war. Neither want to do anything that can trigger such a war. Going into a public area could mean such a trigger. They may have permission to capture Revere, but they still don't have permission to to upset people in the middle of the night.

As for their armor, as S121 said, it's not John's armor, although it is sci-fi armor. This does makes it so that killing one and dressing up as the soldier could be a good idea.

As for being prepared, they simply have what they usually have. A full squad of soldiers with different types of magic for different things. And most of that advanced technology and magic lies in the hovercraft itself. The hovercraft is their fortress. As long as they stay there, they can't go down to capture Revere, but they can use their full power.

As for the net and fire, they are both in the same direction and the net does not go all the way around. And I never said that they could easily put out the fire. It's not like that they are going to use 2 days on it, but they can't press a button either.
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        someone is fighting for you.
                        –As long as you remember her,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

@ Katrix

Still, tracking remains and that eliminates the concept of traps

Why?
                          Because traps require 2 things:
                          Element of Surprise and Time to set up

Revere has neither.

Killing one and disguising himself as one has the same issue
                          He needs time and the element of surprise as well as a hiding place.

hiding places: useless due to tracking devices as was proven by the fact they easily found his hiding place initially. In a forest, niches under rocks and trees are the main type of hiding place. They found it easily, what's stopping them from doing the exact same thing again? To maintain continuity, they would simply do it again.

Time: because there's no hiding they would have to run. Can they put any distance between them and SYSTEM? No, because of the hovercrafts being able to go over the forest, which they must do in order to maintain continuity.

Element of Surprise: None as they know where they are. As soon as they found his EXACT location, they eliminated his element of surprise.

They can't run. they're too far away from anything.
                          Time is not on their side.
                          Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-22-2014, 06:51 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

I already told you why the tracking devices wont work again, did I?

As for traps, they don't have to take much time to set up. Most traps can be set up with little to no time.

Of course if he got away from the fire, he could be tracked again, but it would also take time for SYSTEM to find him. That time would be more than enough to do any of the things that I mentioned.

As for running to a public place, they're near Skógur, aren't they?
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            someone is fighting for you.
                            –As long as you remember her,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

@Cucoo

You do realize you're making things much MUCH harder than they need to be. -_-;;;

Like I said before, their bulky armor makes them slow as hell. Not only that, they need to move their bulk across terrain that favors the lightweight. Revere has the advantage of mobility. Revere can run faster than a man in bulky armor.

As for the hovercars, can you please show us where it stated that they can fly? Last I remember, hovercars hover, not fly.

We are giving you the means to survive, but you are slapping them out of our hands. We are trying to make sure that Revere doesn't die. Simply giving up because of the enemy's radars is not going to save you. The checkmate is in your head. You're impeding yourself. The enemy's radars are pretty much infrared. It's pretty hard to track someone in a forest fire with infrared.

Trust us, things will be alright.
                              sigpic

Comment

@ Katrix

by my calculations, they're 8 hours away by foot.

@ S121

Now they were cruising trough the air trying to find the man they were looking for. Luckily they had lot's of gadgets to find a persons location. Withing about 30 minutes they had his location. Apparently he was passing by on one of the sides of Skógur. If they were fast enough they could maybe reach him before he would get too close to the town. This was what they went for. Within minutes they were hovering over his location.
                                And he was in the forest under a rock and tree niche. Therefore they must be above the forest.

Comment

Working...
                                X