Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I'll proceed. I'm trying to portray Revere as someone that you either take his deal or die.

And the sword concept, It'll be for a lot later. I would want to have one but I need to see how things play out first.

Comment

@Cucoo

I do have to warn you that if the sword comes into play in the time you would like, it will not stay a legendary sword.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
        @Cucoo

I do have to warn you that if the sword comes into play in the time you would like, it will not stay a legendary sword.
        How so?

Comment

@Cucoo

Legendary items normally have something that makes them legendary, right? So if you take away that thing then it won't be legendary anymore.

Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          you are not alone.

Comment

So if I understand correctly,

as an example, we could say what makes a "legendary sword" is the fact that it would be unobtainable (Like sword in the stone sort of deal...)
            But as soon as it's obtained, it's no longer the thing of legends?

Or maybe like the Master Sword in LoZ: WW
            It's the blade of evil's bane but as soon as you obtain it, it doesn't have that power anymore? (in WW you have to restore it's power, but when you obtain it, it doesn't have the power to repel evil.)

Which kind of makes it...pointless.

To me a Legendary sword is something that is told of in like fairytales and myths and whatnot but exists.
            Something mysterious and has only been depicted in art and seen by few but it's reputation is known.
            Like Excalibur.

Comment

@Cucoo

It's more like the LoZ idea, just that it will loose its power at one point. Once you remove the source of its power it will just be a normal weapon. In fact there is already such a artifact in the RP that gets its status as a legendary artifact from a very similar source.

Born in the light.
              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
              Keep Fighting.
              –Don't Forget.
              Always, somewhere,
              you are not alone.

Comment

So if it's like the WW concept, then it is known as a legendary weapon but it's source of its power has been already removed, but no one knows that.
                So when it's obtained it would be a normal sword and thus it's power needs to be restored?

Comment

@Cucoo

When I give it more tough, the first model you offered is also correct. Legendary is just a title we give to special swords. As they are special, many swords that are legendary also get famous. Thus if the original reason that they were popular disappears, it will still be a legendary sword, but it won't be the same legendary sword. Take the sword in the stone as you offered as a example. It is special because of three main reasons. 1, it's stuck in a stone that no one can get it out of. 2, It's said that only the true king of Britain can draw the sword from the stone. 3, it's famous. Now let's say that someone actually managed to pull it out of the sword. It will loose number one and number two instead becomes, it's the king's sword.

In this case tough the only real source of being a legendary sword is it's power. It's tales have been long forgotten and people no longer remember it. Do note however that when the sword is introduced, it will have it's power just fine. Along the RP tough, it will loose that power.
                  Born in the light.
                  Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                  Keep Fighting.
                  –Don't Forget.
                  Always, somewhere,
                  you are not alone.

Comment

So it has fallen from legend to myth and it will slowly become weaker

I can live with that.

As long as theres those that would recognize it, then I'll be happy.

So do you have one already planned out?

Comment

@Cucoo

Just read up on it a little more, I guess I was referring to a mythical sword. A legendary sword is another word for a well known sword. If you assume that Excalibur had no magic whatsoever (most likely the case) then it's a legendary sword. A sword know in history because of something it did (in this case being the sword of Arthur).

A mythical sword on the other hand is defined as a sword that have unusual properties. The Master Sword from LoZ is a good example of this. It is special, not because of it's history, but because of what it is. It is the bane of all evil.

Of course the lines are blurry and there may be times when a sword can be considered both legendary and mythical at the same time, but in this instance I was referring to a mythical sword. I can't promise that there will be many that will recognize the sword by it's look, but there may be people that recognize it because of it's power. As for my idea, I've already placed it on the map.Now it's just to go and get it.
                      Born in the light.
                      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                      Keep Fighting.
                      –Don't Forget.
                      Always, somewhere,
                      you are not alone.

Comment

Right...mythical and legendary...
                        their definitions do overlap depending on what definition ya use.

Anyway so what are the properties of this sword? Might give me a second objective so Revere will look for it depending on what it does.

Comment

@ Katrix
                          So after the discussion on the goddess' power, how much do you think it would tax for her to do a flash step?

Comment

@Wonder

I'd say that to completely tax her out. She would need to travel a distance roughly equal to one of the three lakes from Mattúr.
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

I assume that everyone is ready for the time-skip?
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

aye aye

Comment