X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Wonder

Could you please actually find out where your character is? You have one post in Sjávar and the next one is what I assume is Yarras or maybe Throngur.
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

I'll edit the location. Is it the the Yarras Ryglaga border?

Comment

@Cucoo

I'll just say this now. Re-write that post. I told you before, stopping time magic like that is VERY dangerous as it will most certainly kill you. In addition to that, I usually dislike instant traveling, and the distance between Lake Thoka and Skógur is much more than just a day. A week at least if you are super efficient in addition to having a horse at least.
        Born in the light.
        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
        Keep Fighting.
        –Don't Forget.
        Always, somewhere,
        you are not alone.

Comment

two things then on my end:

scale on the map

and let's redo that entire battle.

It's not going the way I thought it was.

I'll start deleting.
          EDIT:
          Just delete your post #52 and then I'll post.
          Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-18-2014, 08:53 PM.

Comment

I'm just gonna assume it's called the Ryglaga Yarras Mountain border since I received no answer.........

Comment

Alright, a lot of new stuff. I forgot to mention, but I added pictures as reference to each location that I could find. I also added 2 new rules and a new section called magical limitations that give a good idea of what magic can do and what it can't do.

@Cucoo

Alright, I deleted the post

EDIT:

Oh and I aslo added the aproximate scale of the map

@Wonder

Sorry I've been kind of busy being sick and all that. As for the location, just call Ormur Mountain border near Yarras
              Last edited by Katrix; 02-19-2014, 07:35 PM.
              Born in the light.
              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
              Keep Fighting.
              –Don't Forget.
              Always, somewhere,
              you are not alone.

Comment

Ok here's how I want this next encounter to play out:

Revere kills all System agents and leaves Skari left for dead when she's just mortally wounded.

Azeruk can find her and thus

rumors can now spread about the swordsman that took on a small platoon of SYSTEM soldiers single handed

+10 Fear level
                +10 Wanted level

allows Revere and Selene to travel without too much headache for some time.

rinse and repeat for anything SYSTEM throws at him.

I want characters to fear him.

Only until they get smart and exploit his weakness shall I permit him to be "defeated"
                Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-19-2014, 08:45 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Except the fact that these are not mere SYSTEM agents, these are soldiers. The type fight at the line of war every day. You can't simply kill a soldier the same was as a agent. Taking out Skari is even harder. If he did defeat the whole platoon, there would be a lot of headache too. If it continued like this for much longer then SYSTEM might treat him like a separate nation, throwing a whole army at him. There is also the fact that back in the elven village, he was much stronger because of the focus.

I'll throw a few soldiers at him and see how he takes it. Does that sound good to you?
                  Born in the light.
                  Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                  Keep Fighting.
                  –Don't Forget.
                  Always, somewhere,
                  you are not alone.

Comment

part of me wants to point out that realistically that throwing an entire army at Revere would be 1) a waste of resources and money (unless SYSTEM's army is a slave army) and 2) would actually lead to him winning the psychological battle as people would realistically question why they are so intent on wasting those resources.

...but I feel like reality does not apply and I'm half expecting the laws of physics to be broken next with the way your attempting to limit the magic.

fine

ok looking at other options:

assuming Skari succeeds: what are the next series of events?

Comment

@Cucoo

Of course it would be a waste of resources and of course they won't do it that easily. It's more something like, "Hey, war is coming. If anyone sees this person, they are to assist backup and kill him."

As for the laws of magic, they have been there all the time, I just put it a little bit more into the open. Same with rule 8.

As for Skari, I never intend for her to succeed, that would be just boring. There are many ways a battle can end where neither party wins or loses. A outcome like this may be beneficial for one of the parties, but not as much as a victory. That was more what I was thinking in this instance.
                      Born in the light.
                      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                      Keep Fighting.
                      –Don't Forget.
                      Always, somewhere,
                      you are not alone.

Comment

Well there's no real options for Revere to defeat System in this battle since your pretty much saying that won't work.
                        Revere and Selene can't escape as SYSTEM can track them easily and they can't outrun them
                        Therefore: checkmate: I lose, you win: what happens next?

Comment

@Cucoo

SYSTEM tracks by using logic. In the case of the elven village, they knew there had been a murder there. Using that as a base, they searched the surrounding area and found a village. They searched the village and found a man having proof of meeting the suspect. This man described the man. The next thing they had to do was to find him.

Now here in the forest, something like that would be much harder. First of all, it's night making it so that as soon as he gets away from the flames, they can't see him. Secondly, they have no big leads on where he would go. The best they can do is to make guesses. Following them while they escape is not that easy either as the trees are quite dense.
                          Born in the light.
                          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                          Keep Fighting.
                          –Don't Forget.
                          Always, somewhere,
                          you are not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
                            Mattúr - 10 Hours later <Skari>

After a few hours of preparing, Skari was finally ready to depart towards the forest. During this time she had been granted permission to go into Endalausir Forest. She had also gotten clearance to use military forces. These were much more suited for battle than a normal SYSTEM agents. They were also using advanced technology in order to confuse their enemies as most people didn't have any knowledge about SYSTEM weapons. Now she all that remained was to make a plan to catch him. Although they had originally wanted him alive, they didn't care anymore. They had also been able to gather a little information about him as he had been working as a mercenary for them before.

Now they were cruising trough the air trying to find the man they were looking for. Luckily they had lot's of gadgets to find a persons location. Withing about 30 minutes they had his location. Apparently he was passing by on one of the sides of Skógur. If they were fast enough they could maybe reach him before he would get too close to the town. This was what they went for. Withing minutes they were hovering over his location.
                            Originally posted by Katrix View Post
                            Endalausir Forest - Near Skógur <Skari>

They knew where he was. They couldn't see him from the hover crafts, but they had other means to see him. After monitoring him for a while, they began shining giant flashlights towards him. Now he could no longer hide in the shadows as easily. Now they were just hoping that they would be able to end this as quick as possible. Of course that was most likely not the case. In a way tough, this was a very lucky moment for SYSTEM. By taking out this outlaw like this, it would strengthen their bond with the people of the forest.

Skari was looking down at Revere, this time they would not loose. She grabbed a microphone ad began talking. For normal people, it would seem like as if she was using some sort of sound magic to enhance her voice and strengthen it. "This is you last chance to give up and stop this before it gets any worse for you. We know who you are, we have data on you, we know all of your weak spots. So what will it be? Will you aknowledge that what you did was wrong and come with us, or do we have to take you by force?"
                            You need to work on continuity then.

Ok then lets start over if its logic and not devices

You forced me to go near Skogur town when reality I didn't want that.

I was intending him to take a wide berth around the town almost heading for the plains before going up to Lake Thoka.

like this

Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-20-2014, 06:28 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Things like temperature camera, smart microphone that picks up human breath and normal night cameras. All of which doesn't work very well during a forest fire. It's also very hard to use conventional methods during a forest fire. All he needs o do is to distract them for two seconds and run away without notice.

As for traveling to lake Thoka, i thought that was later this RP, not in the fresh start of it.
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

@ Katrix

still don't see how they can escape considering they're on foot. As soon as they clear the fire, they can't put enough distance. It's still Checkmate.

Comment

Working...
                                X