X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

I'm tempted on saying "then let Revere die", because you see so adamant on making your situation as hopeless as possible, but I'm going to offer another suggestion.

Did you try making Revere fly through the forest? He has gravity, so he can make himself fly. Better yet, since the hovercars rely on gravity to work, reverse the gravity in the hovercars. If need be, eject the gravity mages. fly up to their cars, and either increase the G-forces on the gravity mage's heart, or cut their heads off as they try to focus on keeping the car safe. Take one of the soldiers' guns and kill the people in the hovercar with it.

Instead of looking at all the things you can't do, look at all the things you can do.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

@ S121

I already suggested that Revere fights back, but that was shot down by Katrix

If Revere Fights back, he WILL kill everyone. He is not one to just kill a few and run. He will assure Selene's safety. If any one of those SYSTEM agents are left alive, that poses the ultimate risk for Revere.

The only reason he left Skari alive the first time was to give a warning.

She herself did not heed it.

Now Revere would show no mercy.

My hand is tied by Revere's nature.

He will kill all.

My suggestion was that he kills all and leaves Skari for dead when she isn't and have Azeruk find her.

That was shot down.
      Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-22-2014, 08:04 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

8 hours?! That wouldn't be near at all, would it? This is another reason why I didn't really want to give any absolute measurement of distance. In most areas, each pixel represents about 0.4 km. In Endalausir forest however, each pixel can represents all from 0.05 km to 5 km.

As for the hovercrafts(not cars), S121's suggestion could work. External forces are hard to use on them. If he instead got inside, he could much more easily use the hovercraft against them.
        Born in the light.
        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
        Keep Fighting.
        –Don't Forget.
        Always, somewhere,
        someone is fighting for you.
        –As long as you remember her,
        you are not alone.

Comment

@ Katrix

And that's what I was intending but you pretty much limited everything I could do. I was going to have Revere Launch himself at the hovercrafts and rip through the soldiers with an accelerated blade with his magic and the lethal precision that is Revere's skill.

But you told me I can't do that.

The red line is 100px long which means 40 km.

walking speed is about 2.5 mi/hr and I'm using this factoring in terrain.

thus 100 px or 40 km or about 24 mi is 9.6 hrs using that walking speed.
          Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-22-2014, 08:13 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

That line you just drew is like in the middle of Skógur and Máttur. Anything inside of the area where there aren't trees is considered near Skógur. I just didn't draw the trees there because it would be kind of hard to have trees and a city at the same place on the map. Quite litteraly, the trees never end. Only the actual dot is the city. As for the distance in Endalausir, did you even read what I said about distance. Due to his high knowledge level, I'm assuming that he have a pretty good idea of the forest. Assuming that he is on the very edge on the circle (worst case scenario) the distance between him and Skógur could be as little as 2.75 km and as much as 275 km. Again, as he have a high knowledge level in geography, he shouldn't have to travel that far. Even if he and SYSTEM soldiers had to run side by side at the exact same speed, he would still win tremendously because of that he know the forest better.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            you are not alone.

Comment

@ Katrix

But SYSTEM is above the forest.

No matter how fast he can run with Selene, they don't have to break a sweat.
              They just go over and track.

That is how they found him the first time, what's stopping them from doing it again?

Comment

@Cucoo

Then trick them to come down. Once they're down, they going to have a hard time coming back up, like I said before.
                Born in the light.
                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                Keep Fighting.
                –Don't Forget.
                Always, somewhere,
                you are not alone.

Comment

@ Katrix

Still, realistically that doesn't give Revere any time to escape.

By the time they get up again, they can easily speed to where he will be and track him.
                  The fire only goes so far.

Comment

@Cucoo

Didn't I say earlier that getting back up is hard? Once they're down there, they're stuck unless the hovercraft finds a good place to land and pick them up again.
                    Born in the light.
                    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                    Keep Fighting.
                    –Don't Forget.
                    Always, somewhere,
                    you are not alone.

Comment

Ok if that's the case then... how about I have Revere sabotage the hovercrafts completely but cutting key components with his blade accelerated by magic?

Comment

@Cucoo

I guess that would work, although "Key components" would most likely not like that and try to defend from the attack. You could try tough.
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

Last I checked
                          Fuel lines, Control panels, control cables, etc.
                          don't put up much of a fight.

If he moves fast enough via acceleration, it should be easy enough to evade SYSTEM agents' attacks and just cut into the hovercraft and be done with it.

Comment

@Cucoo

But things like cables aren't "Key components", are they? A key component would much more be what gives the hovercraft the energy it needs to say hover.
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

It can't hover if it can't be controlled.

Think of an airplane.

Short circuit a wire that leads to the computer that controls the engines, you loose control of the engines.
                              Can a plane fly without an engine? Not really. Especially if it doesn't have the wingspan to allow it to glide.

Hovercrafts don't have wings.

cut off the controls to the engines, knock out its capability to...well...hover.

Sure there's "fuel"
                              but there has to be something to control it.

Comment

@Cucoo

I once had a rule that said that one person could fill in what the other person would most likely reply in a post. Thank god I removed that rule. Let's stay with one hovercraft at a time okay. I said it was okay to sabotage them, but I never intended for everything to end in one single post.

Next, the is no such thing as short circuit (no fuel either). At least not that type of damage that you describe. The main systems in the hovercraft like hovering is controlled by humans. In some instances, harnessed would be a better word, but still, these are no mere machines.I did say they were bringing advanced technology into the field and I meant it. You don't have to modify your last post too much tough. The hovercraft still lost it's means to hover.
                                Born in the light.
                                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                                Keep Fighting.
                                –Don't Forget.
                                Always, somewhere,
                                you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X