Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinity Soul University: A Casual Magic RP (OOC)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@TRXD

Oh okay. That makes more sense. I thought it was more like a constant so it doesn't matter with the size of the magic. Only the amount of use (something Skari have lot's of).
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix
      Yeah. Of course, this is merely a concept of mine that has some unpolished areas to it. I can work on it further but don't expect too much.

@Isaac
      The concept of Astra looks very promising. If you can work it and revise your app with this in mind, I'm certain that it'll be accepted. Looks like Cygnus might be coming to this RP, hopefully.
      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Originally posted by TRXD View Post
        @S121 and Katrix
        It's very hard for me to percieve this but I'm going off three factors for magic use on top of the requirements that SUSTIC described. From how I see it, a magic user needs to keep three things in check when using magic.

1. Mana. The basic resource of magic for users. Everyone knows how it works and what it's like so I don't need to explain.
        2. Exhaustion. Magic users can get tired from overusing magic. This can lead to magic users struggling to use their magic or even overuse mana when performing magic. Exhaustion can be determined by the user's Exhaustion Factor and their overall health and fitness. The Exhaustion Factor is a scale of how easily exhausted a mage gets from performing magic. A higher exhaustion factor means the user becomes exhausted sooner. Mages usually train themselves extensively to lower this exhaustion factor. It is not possible to completely remove it but it can be reduced to a very small scale with great training and skill.
        3. Special Requirements. These vary from element to element and can be a variety of things. For Lunar mages, this is moonlight and the presence of the moon. For telekinetics, this is just focus and calmness. These requirements can also be non-specific and even overrule entry 1.

I can be wrong on this but it's what I've had in my head for quite a while. It could be disregarded as bollocks but it's what I've been going with. Not sure if you guys agree.
        This is accurate. I'm also working on making a list of all the special requirements.

Fire is a more energetic based element, and can be fueled by either anger and hate, or intense passion to get or do something.

Water is more calm and mellow, it requires a calm mind, and a strong will.

Ice is more cold, and solitary. A person who is naturally cold to others in terms of personality is bound to have a better time with this magic, while it's also true in the opposite direction. The more happy, and cheery one becomes the more beautiful, and focused their Ice Magic can be.

Lightning magic requires Focus, and brain power due to it's nature. It's a bit more technical in the sense that it is generally more accurate, and can be devastating in large doses. While in smaller doses it can still be effective to not even effective at all.

Rune Magic is slightly similar to Lightning magic in terms of the requirements. Almost anyone can learn Rune Magic, and in fact over the course I will be allowing some of the characters learn a few Rune Magic spells. What's needed is Knowledge of the Runes you are going to draw, and among other things large magic reserves. As actually activating the Runes takes magic. There are still downsides. Those with say fire magic can't learn water and ice type Rune spells and vice versa. Same goes with Light Magic, people with Light magic can't learn Rune Spells of any Dark type element and vice versa. However anyone no matter what happens can still learn the basic barrier, trapping, and healing Rune Spells due to those spells being neutral in terms of element.

Comment

Is it just me or does everyone but me have some kind of 'dark', solemn, or 'oh-pity-me' kind of backstory? Why can't we just be happy for chrissake?

Comment

I'm a tragedy writer

too much Shakespearean influence.

Comment

Allen's a dumbass enough. He's happy.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderweiss View Post
                Allen's a dumbass enough. He's happy.

Comment

@ Major

If I brought in a Fire emblem Awakening Character, oh you would love this guy

He's this swordsman that makes everything he does sound like some heroic narrative to the point where it's comedic.
                  "My sword hand hungers for battle!" sort of deal

He's by far one of the funniest characters...

...His backstory is he is from the future where the world is destroyed and he watched his parents and many allies die (his close friends survived.)

:3

Comment

Originally posted by Cucoo5 View Post
                    @ Major

If I brought in a Fire emblem Awakening Character, oh you would love this guy.
                    Well, I am big fan of people who brandish swords and other weaponry to compensate for disgraced pride, and I'm an even bigger fan of RPers who base characters off of swordsmen who have more blades than charisma! Ah, but my heart belongs to those who almost always use violence and threats to solve problems. You may think this is sarcasm, and you'd be right, but my current avatar is that of Juri Han, professional face-kicker and awesome chick-boxer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

who do you think Owain is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dESYrmcK8jw

And when you put these two jokers in the same room...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAhadV60ejE

Or these two...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09XrbOTTorg
                      Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-14-2014, 11:55 PM.

Comment

@Major
                        Erm... Extremely shy girl which I made known to have due sources from various media including Hanako. And now that Wriggle is adding more to the tragic story... Yeah... Sorry, Major-senpai but that isn't going to happen. At least not for me.

@Katrix
                        God damn it, you even copied Kyouko's backstory! I so love you and hate you right now. In brotherly way.
                        Last edited by Luna Pixu; 02-15-2014, 06:06 AM.
                        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

Revision of Cygnus' app to indicate that his attacks are not physically harmful.

Cygnus Stallion - Cosmic Marksman
                          Spoiler:

Name: Cygnus Stallion

Race: Human...?

Bio: Born from a renowned family of astronomers, Cygnus has been always attached to the universe and what lies within. Gallant, charming, and witty, Cygnus can't stand the weak being oppressed by the strong. Thus, when he witnessed a prank on a poor little girl gone horribly wrong, he risked his life to save the girl from a blazing tower of flames... When he and the girl was only 9 years old.

That's how Cygnus and Trista met together. To Cygnus, Trista was the kindest and perhaps the most beautiful girl he ever met... And to Trista, Cygnus was her knight in shining armor. The two began calling each other friends, sharing bits of knowledge about themselves every day, hanging out at an ice cream shop that Trista's parents owned every day after school, gazing out into the starry night sky frequently... The friends and neighbors at school called the two "love-struck"...

The happiness for the two, however, did not last long. For reasons unknown to all except Trista, Cygnus disappeared from the face of the earth, not appearing in any CCTVs, photos, videos, or documents... Until now.

The stars, the nebulas, the galaxies... I know of the supernatural objects at the deepest reaches of the universe... And I can harness their powers, too. What can you do against the vast power of the space? - Cygnus to his enemies.

Magic type: Cosmokinesis. Harnessing the powers and characteristics of the different objects in the universe, he can imbue his guns to fire different bullets.

Luggage: Main thing to note is that Cygnus carries different guns, as he is a marksman. Aside from his usual wheeled carriage, he carries a suitcase, and inside it, there are two pistols: one black and one silver, and all the necessary parts for assembling a sniper rifle adorned with markings of the constellations used for divination: Scorpio, Leo, Sagittarius, and etcetra.

The pistols, with sleek rectangular design, are called Altair and Vega, utilize bullets dubbed Astra. The potential of Astra are limitless, but they have one drawback: they can only deal damage to the magical source of the target. No physical damage is dealt by Astra except for exhaustion if the target's source of magic is his physical energy.

Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
                          Types of Astra:

Astra: The most basic of all magic bullets that travels at 200 mph. Astra bullets are fired from Cygnus' two pistols, Altair and Vega (named after two stars with a tragic story behind.) They do not damage physically, but instead eats away at the target's magic source.

Spoiler: Sad Panda

Astra - Helios: Fire elemental.

Astra - Selena: Ice elemental.

Astra - Jupiter: Lightning elemental.

Astra - Oort: Non-elemental bullets, similat to regular Astra, that travels slower than regular Astra but takes away mana twice as much.

Astra - Comet: Non-elemental Astra bullets that move twice as fast but deals half of the mana damage.

Astra - Supernova: Highly explosive Astra that, when striking a surface, works as a flash bang. Is entirely non-destructive.

Astra - Black Hole: Entirely black Astra bullets that slow the targets in addition to the mana damage.

Astra - Quasar: Entirely white Astra bullets that does the opposite: makes the targets faster for a short time.

These are just a few of many.

Note that the "mana" is just a way for me to say the magic source. If the target's magic source is, say, an external battery or his/her own energy, then those are lost instead.
                          The rifle too uses Astra, but the sniper rifle's Astra moves a lot faster and has longer range, but deals relatively less mana damage.

The other thing to note is that Cygnus almost always wears his suits and, more importantly, his crisp white gloves. He wears it when he sleeps, when he eats, when he takes a bath... Some say he is germophobic, to which Cygnus denies, as he notes of the microbes living in some planets and moons like Mars, Io, and Europha.

Appearance:

Spoiler:

He stands at 6' 2".

Why did you come here: I possibly cannot say, says Cygnus.

Personality: Unlike a lot of shy, eccentric, or downright loner characters, Cygnus is kind to everyone. He is never quick to anger, and instead smiles and tries to stay away from trouble unless if it is to protect what he cares for. He is gallant, as expected from the son of a renowned family, and is charming, but not in a way Aeneas is. Cygnus is more... Refined in the way he speaks and acts, while Aeneas' charm comes from his expertise in being a Cassanova.

Other: Just because he can use energies from celestial bodies, that does not mean he can summon Black Holes or something.

Suggestions: None.

Theme:

Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 02-15-2014, 07:09 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle
                            After some reworking, this app looks like it's good to go. Of course, one can look at my prior post for my comments on it if they are looking for my own comments and notes on Cygnus.
                            Again, I cannot approve this app but if I could, then I would. Despite the whole character relations thing and the fact that I have been involved in the app's creation, Cygnus is a very solid character that does have a lot of potential if his story and character are structured correctly. Cannot actually approve the app but the app is approval-worthy

Comment

@Major

Well, that's kind of the character I have began to use. Fun fact, it all began with the ATWAG app where I saw a field named weakness. At the time I had no idea what to put there, but over time I learned that I enjoyed filling out this area.

It also helps me getting into the characters more and understand their psyche. It's also very easy to have the character grow in some form during the RP.
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              someone is fighting for you.
                              –As long as you remember her,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

Here's something for you guys.

TSU Character Application Archive