Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinity Soul University: A Casual Magic RP (OOC)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't really allow the use of actual guns. However guns that fire unconventional (and mostly non-lethal) ammo such as say bolts of magic can be allowed.

For example firearms, including bows, and crossbows can be allowed if they don't fire traditional ammo. If they fire like say non lethal, but still damaging bolts of magic (the type of magic bolt can vary from ice magic bolts, to light magic, and so and and so on.)

Guns that fire actually bullets of any kind are not allowed.

I still prefer the kind of magical firearm to be handguns, and bows or crossbows.

Comment

@Wriggle, TRXD, and SUSTIC

Just call them Danmaku bullets and leave it at that.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

@SUSTIC and Wriggle
        Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
        He is never quick to anger, and instead smiles and tries to stay away from trouble unless if it is to protect what he cares for.
        His personality does imply that he never kills or intends to bring harm. Non-lethal ammo will work for Cygnus. After all, Astra could just be magical projections created from the pistols and his magic. If Cygnus just sticks by non-lethality and never goes rogue (not that he would because of Trista), he should be fine.
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Oh boy even more science from Wriggle!

Types of Astra:

Astra: The most basic of all magic bullets that travels at 200 mph. Astra bullets are fired from Cygnus' two pistols, Altair and Vega (named after two stars with a tragic story behind.) They do not damage physically, but instead eats away at the target's magic source. It takes 30 or so Astra to deplete the mana source from ordinary students, 50 for regular RP characters, 80 to 200 for characters with originally high mana pool, like Lynne, Trista, or graduate students, and 300+ for teachers.

Astra - Helios: Fire elemental.

Astra - Selena: Ice elemental.

Astra - Jupiter: Lightning elemental.

Astra - Oort: Non-elemental bullets, similat to regular Astra, that travels slower than regular Astra but takes away mana twice as much.

Astra - Comet: Non-elemental Astra bullets that move twice as fast but deals half of the mana damage.

Astra - Supernova: Highly explosive Astra that, when striking a surface, works as a flash bang. Is entirely non-destructive.

Astra - Black Hole: Entirely black Astra bullets that slow the targets in addition to the mana damage.

Astra - Quasar: Entirely white Astra bullets that does the opposite: makes the targets faster for a short time.

These are just a few of many.

So they do not deal physical damage, but takes away mana or the magic energy. This makes Cygnus' guns non-lethal, but still damaging.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

Kind of ineresting. That does bring a question tough? What sorts of mana pools are there. For example, when I imagine Sinuda, I imagine her with smaller mana pools, but what makes up for it is that she have two separate mana pools for her different ways of thinking. Another example is that I see Skari as having a very tiny mana pool. How she makes up for this is that she is constantly using her magic too (static hair). In a way she uses passive magic and not active.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            someone is fighting for you.
            –As long as you remember her,
            you are not alone.

Comment

And this reminds me...

I realized I was cryptic with Kiara's Memento Pocket Watch

Because she is a Water Nymph, she has mastery over water *duh*

However she was cursed to being almost human so her abilities are less potent *barely*

But the Memento Pocket watch makes up for that by granting her (until I come up with another name I'll just steal this...) Shadowgift (Fire Emblem skill that allows a tome wielder to use dark magic)

So this simply adds to her water abilities giving them a dark elemental if she uses the pocket watch.
              It's like an elemental change of her abilities.

So it gives her access to things like basic alchemy and basic things like using blood as a compass to find the person the blood belongs to.
              And other things like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
                @Wriggle

Kind of ineresting. That does bring a question tough? What sorts of mana pools are there. For example, when I imagine Sinuda, I imagine her with smaller mana pools, but what makes up for it is that she have two separate mana pools for her different ways of thinking. Another example is that I see Skari as having a very tiny mana pool. How she makes up for this is that she is constantly using her magic too (static hair). In a way she uses passive magic and not active.
                @Wriggle and Katrix

Actually, that brings an interesting question for telekinesis users as well. Their ability relies more heavily on mental ability than just magic alone. What do we do about that?
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

By mana pool, I mean the source of magic the user draws the strength from to use their spells.

For Siduna's the case, the passive pool is not touched, only the active is.

For Jason's case, being shot would be like a minor headache that gets stronger as he gets hit more and more.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

@S121

That's in a way also a problem with Skari. As she uses most of her magic to constantly generate static electricity, in a way, she have a storage for magic, but in a way she does not.
                    Born in the light.
                    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                    Keep Fighting.
                    –Don't Forget.
                    Always, somewhere,
                    you are not alone.

Comment

@S121 and Katrix
                      It's very hard for me to percieve this but I'm going off three factors for magic use on top of the requirements that SUSTIC described. From how I see it, a magic user needs to keep three things in check when using magic.

1. Mana. The basic resource of magic for users. Everyone knows how it works and what it's like so I don't need to explain.
                      2. Exhaustion. Magic users can get tired from overusing magic. This can lead to magic users struggling to use their magic or even overuse mana when performing magic. Exhaustion can be determined by the user's Exhaustion Factor and their overall health and fitness. The Exhaustion Factor is a scale of how easily exhausted a mage gets from performing magic. A higher exhaustion factor means the user becomes exhausted sooner. Mages usually train themselves extensively to lower this exhaustion factor. It is not possible to completely remove it but it can be reduced to a very small scale with great training and skill.
                      3. Special Requirements. These vary from element to element and can be a variety of things. For Lunar mages, this is moonlight and the presence of the moon. For telekinetics, this is just focus and calmness. These requirements can also be non-specific and even overrule entry 1.

I can be wrong on this but it's what I've had in my head for quite a while. It could be disregarded as bollocks but it's what I've been going with. Not sure if you guys agree.
                      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

@TRXD

That actually sums up what I was thinking, only it's a little more organized.
                        sigpic

Comment

@TRXD

I would assume that Skari would have a very small exhaustion factor then as she is constantly using her magic. Like 24/7 constantly.
                          Born in the light.
                          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                          Keep Fighting.
                          –Don't Forget.
                          Always, somewhere,
                          you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

Not unless she relies on her mana and special requirement, mainly the special requirement.
                            sigpic

Comment

@S121

Well, the thing is that she uses electricity magic, which does not have any type of special requirement like that. At the same time she mainly uses static electricity which she generates over time suing her magic. The idea I had about her is that pretty much, her mana regeneration is pretty much equal to what she uses to produce the static electricity. When she have that static electricity, she can do two things with it. She can either discharge it using conventional methods or she could use magic to discharge it in a better way. If she did use magic however, she would use up some of the magic inside her tiny mana pool and it wont regenerate for a long time as she use all of that to produce her static electricity.

The thing is that I really need some way or another for this to work out as Skari have very few things that differentiate her originally, so I want to at least keep this here. One solution to this problem could be to have something that affects how the magic is used on a personal level.
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix
                                Originally posted by myself View Post
                                2. Exhaustion. Magic users can get tired from overusing magic.
                                No, I don't think Skari would have a very small exhaustion factor. She may be using her magic nonstop but I don't think it means her Exhaustion Factor is next to nothing. It may be smaller due to the nature of her magic and what she does but not really small. It's a vague term but to help, just imagine if you lived your life always walking. Never once stopping. Now this wouldn't cause you to get tired if you always walked. You'd get used to it and your body would know what's happening. Now, try to run. Your body will eventually get tired and wear out. This is the principle of Exhaustion Factor. It doesn't apply when doing occasional or very non-intensive magic but rather when you strain yourself like attempting to heal wounds or engaging in strenuous magical combat.

Comment

Working...
                                X