Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinity Soul University: A Casual Magic RP (OOC)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait, so it's not technomancy? Crap, I should read more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

Man... My spelling is bad when I'm annoyed and in a rush...

@S121
      Like I said, it's a crazy idea that I had in my head but it's a reasonable one regardless. And besides, it wouldn't work without the information that we already set out. That telekinesis is a new magic. Like one that has only started appearing within the last few decades. And you know what else has spiked over the last few decades? Technology and science! Think about it! We have magic that can come from a variety of sources. The spirit within people themselves. The fire around them. The ground beneath their feet. We even have magic of the moon and the stars! Just think about it. If we don't have a direct technomancy (the manipulation of technology), then why not elements that derive from technology?

And besides, the way that you set out and describe how Jason uses telekinesis is definitely technological and scientific. Manipulating and moving substances from a variety of sizes and even to the atomic level? That is a combination of many levels of physics along with a good bunch of other sciences. Telekinesis is an example of a scientific and technologic element of magic. Even if telekinetics aren't aware of that fact.

@Lunasa
      Well, there is the possibility of technomancy. But I'm posing the question of, if technomancy doesn't exist, can there still be scientific magic?
      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Toaru Kagaku no Mahoutsukai?

Anyway, I believe that it's all a matter of opinion. My opinion is that some magicians say that magic works spiritually and you 'feel' the magic and that other magicians look at magic on a molecular level (fire magicians accelerating particles until they create a flame.) Either way works.
        Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Lunasa Prismriver; 04-29-2014, 04:33 PM.

Comment

@Lunasa
          That is certainly one way to look at it. And admittedly, that is how I've been thinking about magic when it comes down to it.
          Here's how I like to put it:

For characters like Trista, Kris, and several others; they take magic on a spiritual level. Channeling the magical power within them and releasing it. Using not their minds but their hearts. Their will, calmness, emotions, and inner spirit. Their soul. They become one with their element and let their souls guide them. They express their innerselves by turning their inner spirit into magic. The magic created is a part of them. An extension of their soul to which they use to perform their tasks.

And for other characters like Jason, Andril, and Amy; they treat magic like data. Processing it with their minds. Calculating and strategising. Using their guile, intellect, and brains to channel their magic. They are not outright shutting out their spirit doing this. But instead they use it as a variable in the numerous calculations when performing magic. They analyse and take magic down to the atomic and molecular level. They calculate the precise movement, force, energy, and momentum when moving particles with their magic. They control their power output not out of restraint but by calculating the exact required power. Nothing more. Nothing less. When given sufficient processable data, they can be highly dangerous.

These are two kinds of mages that I like to distinguish between: Soul Mages and Mind Mages.

Wow... I can perfectly explain my stance on Soul Mages and yet I hold back on explaining for Trista's magic. BIG TIME! F*ck... Why do I get so embarassed and withhold information about it? It's not helping me and it's not helping the plot.
          Last edited by Luna Pixu; 04-23-2014, 06:58 PM.
          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

@TRXD

Actually, Jason doesn't use calculations. He could use equations to better understand what he's doing but it's all mainly focus and willpower. He's willing the objects to move with his mind, and instead of grabbing the entire object with his mind, he's only grabbing tiny portions of the object, minimizing the amount of energy required to hold it. Think of it like him having multiple invisible hands. Instead of grabbing the entire object and all its mass, he's only grabbing it in multiple areas, making multiple telekinetic tethers to the object. This allows him to have more energy left over and allows the object's molecules to continue moving, all while being suspended in the air.

Of course, it could help him to learn advanced physics so that he could better understand his powers and expand them, but it's all in his mind, all dependent on his willpower, his focus. In a sense, his power is derived from his spirit, his will, from that driving force inside everyone. I would probably say that he would be using calculations and the like later on in the RP, when he becomes a more advanced Telekinetic.
            Last edited by S121; 04-23-2014, 07:21 PM.
            Originally posted by S121
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

@S121
              (I wonder how long it'll be until people realise that I'm not as serious as they think I am...)
              Oh, I can perfectly understand that. You see, I was using some harsh discrimination and using extremes to get my point across. Mind Mages or mages that eventually fall down that path aren't complete nerds or mathematician. Sometimes all it takes is some thought power or some brains. Mental focus rather than the alignment of one's soul. (Jesus, I'm shredding apart my Trista app and a good number of her posts without even trying...)

I only included Jason rather more because of what I heard about Jason him from you rather than actually knowing. And... sh*t... I lost my train of thought. All this discuss on Soul Mages wants me to think more about how I'm RPing Trista on a deep scale and how much I feel I could have f*cked it all up.

Comment

@TRXD

I'm sorry about that. I didn't mean to screw up things.

Yea, I'm not sure I completely talked about how Jason's magic works, so that might have been a problem too. I only talked about it in Mumble.
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

Now I need to make a intro post for Serena, but I don't know what to post.

Comment

@Serene

Post whatever you want for an intro.

Sent by Tapatalk
                    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@S121
                      No. You didn't do anything wrong. If anything, I'm the only person to blame for this thought process. This thought regarding Trista has been existing since THE VERY BEGINNING of the RP. I only bring to light now because of my emerging desire to change things.

And I wish to start by actually getting my head down and stop holding back on my information on Trista's magic and herself in general. How I have to explain Trista's backstory in a way that I feel is right. But I don't know why I am unsatisfied or uncomfortable when I do get the incentive to explain. Could it be that I've let a fictional character (except Flandre ) get attached to me? That I've become too fond of a character? And that I do not wish to reveal information on it out of fear that it would be harmful to myself and them? If so, what is the problem? Or... what were the problems?

Oh...

People... I can't believe it... I can't believe what I've done... Why...? Why would I let myself do this?

Comment

@Zekai

I know I should post whatever I want. I just can't think of anything. I also need to think of which Dorm Room number she should have. Also Serena's element is Earth.

Comment

@TRXD

It's a mistake, and we all make them. It's nothing to beat yourself up about.

If you want, you can explain her magic process to us without revealing plot points. Just explain how it works, not why it works.
                          sigpic

Comment

@Everyone

Until I get back to Michigan, Katrix will be in charge of the Element User and Dorm Room lists.

Sent by Tapatalk
                            "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

You guys are are thinking a bit too hard. Remember in my example how INSIDE a house it was like a really low number of amibient tech, while the magic was a really high number? Your magicallists have been going about their lives just fine before and not noticing. This isn't something that appeared out of nowhere, rather, something that one guy noticed was there all along.

As far as the bus-ride goes, unless they're using magic and such to power the bus (And no gasoline/Electricity from the Engine, ect.) Then nothing should have gone wrong. Like I had said before, Aracanum goes into high end extreams because its in a steampunk setting, where the two forces can very easily be divided up.

As far as "Anything worked(Manufactured)" goes, I remember things like swords, random items, and other doodads didn't have a value for or toward Technology. A Passport, for example, didn't have a tech or magic value.

I only have the basic idea of what Andy does. He observes the Metaformation and is trying to make something of it. As for WHAT/HOW It does, I haven't even put that much thought into it. That's an avenune that the mods can play around with. All Andy wants do to is get quantitative data so he can get an idea of what to do with this "Stuff".

DON'T overthink it. Its a Forum RP, not a line of code in a game. Have it be what you feel it is. If you all think it shouldn't even be a reaction between Magic/Tech, then let me know, and I can adapt . The Important part is for us to have fun RPing with each other, not hashing out the miniature details of each character. Thats the line between "work" and "having fun". That pocket watch? No big deal at all, have it be a plot point. Lets throw andy for a loop while he's all like "Zomg look how this will react!..........huh....dat cant be right! *Headache for daaaaays*". In the future, it turns out that the watch is actually special for Reason "X" in how it was made/what it did/who it did it for and its amazing to both Andy and Girl-with-Watch-I-forgot-the-name-of-while-typing-this-example-and-couldn't-scroll-up-anymore-to-see-her-name-in-the-previous-posts.
                              I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

As the maiden left my presence, so too did my heart.

Comment

@Alayo

Alright, so now that that is finally fixed and gotten over, let's get that character into the RP. You might want to edit your post to do that.
                                Born in the light.
                                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                                Keep Fighting.
                                –Don't Forget.
                                Always, somewhere,
                                someone is fighting for you.
                                –As long as you remember her,
                                you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X