Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinity Soul University: A Casual Magic RP (OOC)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 6th fire user, I'll update when app is accepted.

Sent by Phone using Tapatalk
    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Neo
      White hair, eye patch, red eyes... It's Laura Bodewig! Nah, I'm kidding. Or maybe I'm not.

Rachel - Daughter of a rich family yet wears casual and rebellious clothes and is a rebel. Is a half-blood.
      Trista - Daughter to a working class family that owns an ice cream parlour (Thanks, Wriggle...) yet wears formal clothes and never gets into trouble. Is a "mudblood". (Yes, I'm bringing Harry Potter terms into this.)
      I think I can see Rachel being a bit of a b*tch towards Trista. After all, they are almost complete opposites. Even in appearance, save for the hair.

I think I'll wait until this app is done before placing any kind judgement upon it.
      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@Lunasa

I think you are supposed to have room 302B and not 302A. 302A is for returning students.
        Born in the light.
        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
        Keep Fighting.
        –Don't Forget.
        Always, somewhere,
        someone is fighting for you.
        –As long as you remember her,
        you are not alone.

Comment

I'm back and TRXD, I finished the app for Rachel. Check it out when you can.

Comment

@Neo
            Oh my... A trouble maker and attention seeker. I am really liking this app and this character. So far, the only people that have come close to Rachel in terms of personality are SUSTIC's Drake and Katrix's Kyouko- I mean, Spira. I'm not sure on how well she'll be received and... What am I saying? She's a rebel and troublemaker! Of course, she isn't going to get a warm reception from staff and specific morality characters.
            All in all, she seems like a solid character and another one that is rather unique in the character listings. There is little I can say against this app apart from "don't go too wild with Rachel". I'm looking forward to seeing what she has to offer. Approved by TRXD
            Last edited by Luna Pixu; 02-22-2014, 03:22 PM.
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
            My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
            My NNID: OfficialTRXD
            Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

so for closure

@ SUS check a few pages back, I had a concept for a character that is just a rip from EG and slightly modified

But final thoughts on Morpheus for here?

Comment

@Cucoo

Eh... I like the character idea, but I also agree with TRXD in the fact that it's in a sort of grey area for me.

If you make an app and list his abilities, and weaknesses to his power then I will check it out and give you my final opinion. In fact that's kind of what apps are for. Making them, then getting opinions on it.

So just make an app then I will personally see.

Comment

...I made an app.

but the fact that doppelgangers are so unknown and people think them OP is curious to me.
                  I think them quite simplistic and actually balanced because of the fact they become you and therefore are you and thus the playing field is balanced because...your fighting yourself...
                  There's nothing OP about that.
                  Not even with the strategy of turning into someone else.
                  Yes, strategically it may be advantageous, but think about it: In terms of an RP, its someone else that's already been approved and must therefore be NOT OP.
                  He inherits all weaknesses and strengths of his current form.

anyway here's the app again and I copied in my discussion with TRXD

Name: Morpheus
                  Spoiler:

Race: Doppelganger

type of magic: ??? (Default is Dark art type - Able to phase into shadows to be unseen as well as drain a person's life force by touch)

[...]Like if he turned into Kiara, he adopts her appearance, physical traits, and water manipulation.

If he was in his "true form" or "Default form" then his "default ability" is dark arts type magic.

When I think "Dark" magic I think of things that would be considered used more for "malicious" purposes. Like Alchemy, life drain, binding spells. That sort of stuff.
                  Because his natural appearance is the form of someone else and not his "default" he won't be using it often.
                  He can turn into your physical appearance and adopt your abilities
                  He doesn't know what your thinking.

Think Dark Link.
                  Theoretically, what was supposed to be...
                  Dark Link fought Link with the same strengths...and the same weaknesses.

Link had to exploit your own weaknesses to win.
                  Take the same concept here.

He might have your strengths...but he also has your weaknesses.
                  And he does not know how you fight, as its still him that would be fighting.

Yes he would use strategies like what you mentioned with Trista in order to put himself at an advantage...but if you think about it...that's his only way of getting an upper hand. Aside from turning into someone that you would naturally be weak to.

Let me use Fire Emblem examples.

Let's say You are a knight in armor. You have high defense, low agility and resistance. Your natural enemies are mages (Resistance blocks magic...so low resistance means they're effective) and fast units (your low speed means you tend to miss fast units.

Morpheus turns into you, the knight.
                  It'll be a stand off of armor vs armor.
                  Now he could turn into a mage and deal more damage or turn into like a swordmaster and be able to evade your attacks.

Pro for mage: Damage
                  Con for mage: if you get hit, your dead due to mage low def.

Pro for swordmaster: Evade
                  Con: can't deal a lot of damage. and if you get hit your screwed.

That's the logic I'm looking at.

Luggage:
                  Basic supplies

Appearance:
                  N/A

Rarely does he ever appear in his "default" form:
                  Spoiler:

Combine this

with this

*Add large bat like wings*

Why did you come to the University?:
                  *Tying things together* Drawn to Kiara's Pocket Watch.

Bio: A mysterious entity that exists, by default, as others. His purpose is unknown, let alone his capabilities.
                  Well traveled and is actually wise to a certain degree, his cryptic speech tends to leave most confused.

Personality:
                  Retains a certain mysterious aspect. Never gives a direct answer.

Other: He's a Doppelganger. Expect him to look like someone else.

Theme:

Comment

@Cucoo

It's because of the fact that if he fights a fire mage, he can easily turn into a water mage. Basically, he would be able to dynamically change his magic type depending on the occasion, removing his need to be careful around certain people. He would be able to counter any magic type, given enough creativity.

That's the reason why selective "doppelganging" is OP. It's like playing Rock, Paper, Scissors, only you're allowed to change your hand after seeing the other person's choice.

Not unless he can only turn into the person he's fighting. At least make it that he's inexperienced with the copied magic. After all, we really were supposed to stick with just one magic type. I swear, people keep trying to find loopholes.

He doesn't have selective doppelganging, does he?
                    Last edited by S121; 02-22-2014, 03:59 PM.
                    Originally posted by S121
                    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                    sigpic

Comment

@Katrix

Oh did I put A? I must have not been paying attention. I'll fix that right now.

Comment

@ S121

how about this: he can change only if no one is looking.
                        Kinda like Wolf Link in LoZ: TP.

But he can phase into shadows as a scapegoat.

Comment

@Cucoo

Scapegoat?

Do you mean like a defensive maneuver?
                          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                          sigpic

Comment

yea

to just slip away.

Comment

@Cucoo

I have a feeling that he can use that to dynamically change his form, but if you do, at least make it that he's not a master of those abilities.

After all, it's not like he uses fire and water on a daily basis.
                              Last edited by S121; 02-22-2014, 04:39 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

right

because the only way he can know what ability you have is if he experimented anyway. Turning into someone doesn't come with an immediate knowledge of that person's abilities. That's just logic.

Comment

Working...
                                X