X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honolulu - Hawaii - Raven and Reiko's Apartment | Noon

It was getting pretty late. It was already close to 12:00 in the afternoon, and Reiko despite having a cybernetic body still needs sleep due to the fact that her brain and nervous system is still in tact. As her alarm clock went off she woke up and accidentally smashed the clock she had brought with her due to her cybernetic body's increased strength. She looked at her clock and muttered. "God f***ing dammit... not another one..." She said as she yawned as she sat up in bed. "Hey Raven what time is-" Reiko asked as she looked at Raven's bed... it was completely empty. His bed was nicely made and straightened up. An obvious sign that Raven had gotten up and left the Apartment.

"Damn kid. He should know that he doesn't have to train while on vacation. He should at least" *yawns* "relax and take things easy like me..." She said as she shrugged her shoulders.

"Oh well if he's up I might as well get up and get ready for the day..." She said as she made her way to the shower. Something she still has to take care of is her cleanliness, and luckily her body is waterproof.

Comment

Honolulu - Hawaii

Nitro drove her silver hover car to the front of the shop where Zero was waiting for her. She rolled her windows down and gestured Zero to hop on.

KIASM lecture hall Zeta - Honolulu - Hawaii

"...and from that we can use the air pressure equation to determine the velocity of the Malachi Missile launched."

Professor Douglas Quinton is a chubby, old mathematics and physics professor in his 70s that teaches basic Robomatics: mathematics applied to Arm Slaves. While his lectures tended to lean towards boring side, his lecture hall was almost always halfway full.

Professor Quinton was wearing a large-sized Hawaiian shirt, white baggy shorts, and a brown sandals. An unsightly attire for such senile man like Professor Quinton, but somehow it suited him. He tended to carry around a donut with him.

"So..." Professor Quinton stopped in front of a young man, smacking his lips. "Mr. Stone, can you tell me, if the Malachi Missile's mass is 9.3 kilograms and the hydraulic force applied is 357.269 Meganewtons, what is the velocity of the missile when it strikes its' target?"
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

Jason was barely listening, due to the teacher having such a monotone voice. To be honest, Jason couldn't usually sit through these lectures, at least not without his mind wandering once or twice. Usually, it was about what he should add to his Arm Slave, or how to optimize and improve a particular system. Unfortunately for Jason, Professor Quinton might have caught on with Jason's wandering mind, possibly by how Jason had an almost glazed look in his eye. As soon as the question was asked, Jason snapped right out of his trance and back into reality. Luckily, he heard Professor Quinton, and knew what was being asked of him. Of course, Jason didn't waste any time in answering the question given to him and quickly said the answer.

"38,416,021.505 meters per second squared.", Jason quickly answered.

Just then, Jason began to think about his answer. Was it meters per second, or meters per second squared? Why didn't he think it through before answering? It was a little too late now, and he would get his answer soon enough.
        Last edited by S121; 02-27-2014, 11:22 AM.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Professor Quinton gave a faint smile before stepping away to grab another donut. "That was a trick question, Mr. Stone. We cannot find out the velocity of the object with just the mass and the force exerted on the object; we need acceleration."

He stopped to check the time: noon. Time to let the students be on their way.

"Be sure to prepare for your exam on basic kinetic physics next week." Professor Quinton advised as students filed out of the lecture hall, eager to leave the dormant class to get some lunch and excitement in their lives.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

Honolulu, Hawaii

Novitus walked down the streets in downtown Honolulu, her hands at her sides after putting her things at a temporary place she was staying here. Once she got her mech, she would move to the other isde of the island. She hoped there would be less people there, and cnsidering what it was like here, she believed she was right, for once.

She passed by Nitro's repair shop, and again, twitched when she saw the words 'arm slave'. Oh, she wished she could throttle whoever came up with that name. She always thought her AI and mech as equal to her, though whatever she tried, Nue simply kept calling her 'master'. Probably the base code she worked off of. Didn't matter though. As long as they didn't touch her precious mech.

She glanced at the hovercar Nitro was in as she passed.
            "Hovercars. How fancy." she thought to herself.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Jason gave a light frown as he realized his mistake, but it was too late for that. At least he wasn't going to be graded on it. Either way, he got it wrong, and that was all there was to it. As the other students gathered their things and began to leave, Jason did the same. Of course, while other people went out to eat lunch at the various restaurants and at the cafeteria, Jason would usually make his own lunch and go to the garage, where all the Arm Slaves were. Once there, he would work on his Arm Slave for a little bit, testing out new experimental functions and practicing before it was time to go to the next class. After Jason grabbed all of his things, he quickly walked out of the room and towards his destination.

Hangar - KIASM University - Hawaii | Noon

As Jason arrived within the hangar, he quickly walked over to where his Arm Slave was stored and looked up at the 35 foot behemoth. Standing before him was an Arm Slave that looked much different from all the other Arm Slaves. Instead of having a bulky exterior, this one had a more streamlined look. In fact, it looked like a large human covered in some kind of power armor. This was Jason's Arm Slave, PROMETHEUS. Built by Jason from the ground up, PROMETHEUS was the culmination of all Jason's knowledge on Arm Slaves and advanced Arm Slave design. It wasn't the fastest, the strongest, or even the toughest Arm Slave in the garage, but it was the most mobile, thanks to how it was created. After Jason arrived at his Arm Slave, he quickly unpacked his lunch and began to eat at a brisk pace. If Jason wanted to be able to adjust the calibration of the homing missiles in PROMETHEUS, then he would need the extra time.
              Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Honolulu - Nitrogen Repair

Zero got into the hovercraft. "Thank you once again Nitro-san. It's a good thing I saw a flier for the repair shop along the way." Zero said as he got in and buckled up.
                "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Honolulu - Hawaii

"Consider it a luck from the sky." Nitro muttered as she clicked a button. The sign of the shop turned from neon green OPEN into scarlet CLOSED.

I see tht you have guest, Master. Where shall we go? The smooth voice of Hanson the hover car's AI beeped.

KIASM hangar.

The hovercraft began gliding, floating about an inch or two up in the air as it headed for the destination.

Time elapsed... 7 minutes

KIASM Arm Slave Hangar

Time: 12:05 PM

"Here we are." Nitro announced as she parked her silver hover car in the staff-designated parking lot. Was she a mechanic here as well? She didn't seem nervous about parking here at all, so the possibilty of her not knowing where to park was nil. "Let's go find your Arm Slave, shall we?"

"So this was your Arm Slave?" A rugged man in a lab coat and glasses asked Jason as he entered the otherwise uninhabited hangar. He carried with him a cup of coffee, which, amplified by the man's bed hair and unshaved stubble of a beard, denoted his fatigue. "I've never seen this kind of design before. Very sleek, looks less blocky, it's probably really mobile, isn't it?"
                  Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 02-27-2014, 03:11 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

KIASM Arm Slave Hangar

In another part of the building was Novitus, who was heaidng towards the main hangars. Novitu's fingers paced back and forth, as if typing on some invisible keyboard, which meant she was anxious. She hated this part.

The people here always complicated things, when all she wanted was to get her mech and go. Hell, people had even asked for autographs once or twice. She hated that.

Eventually, she came to the right place, and made a smile. There it was. The HO-J00, created by Novitus herself. It's sleek black, and quite sharp edges shining in the bright overhead lights of the hangar. Made it look all the more sweet. It's large halberd like weapon rested in it's hand, along with it's several tentacle like SPEAR launchers, topped off with a trio of railguns and a large snake arm. That was her favorite.

"Nue, you there?" Novitus said calmly as she approached the large black mech. It's lights lit up in response to her words, and it's head looked down.

"Yes. You are right on time. Quite odd, considering you." the AI NUE responded.

"Oh, shut up. You and I both remember that time you got that battle calcuation a millisecond off." Novitus retorted with a know it all voice. "Almost cost us that tournament."

"Yes, you don't need to remind me." Nue responded.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

KIASM Arm Slave Hanger

Thanks to Nitro giving Zero a lift, he arrived at the base. "So this is KIASM?" Zero asks as he grabs his bag and exits the vehicle. Nitro offered to help find his Arm Slave. "Ok, let's see." He said and then reached into his bag and pulled out his info pad and turned it on. "Let's see, Hanger 10, Port 0. That is where it's suppose to be at." Zero said reading the pad, which is all in Japanese. "Lead the way Nitro-san. Oh, I forgot to introduce myself, Zekai Zero, wait, family name is last here, Zero Zekai." Zero said introducing himself.
                      "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Honolulu - Hawaii

After walking around in the city for some time, Skari got a little bit bored. Several days until the tournament. What was she going to do until then? There weren't any interesting stores around here, most of them looked like they were too old for her taste and those few that weren't too old looking she already knew all there was to know. The only place she really wanted to go to now was a place with lot's of arm slaves, but where could she find a place like that. Stores were already out of the question, so where? That's when she thought of it. Of course, she could visit the KIASM garage and look around there. If she was lucky she could maybe find something interesting there. If not, she could at least see how the models her parents made were being treated. She was bound to at least see a few that her parents had made. With that decision made, she quickly got on a taxi and headed towards KIASM.
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        someone is fighting for you.
                        –As long as you remember her,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

KIASM

Down at hanger 9 walking down the aisle was a grown man with a bottle in hand, walking casually with one hand in his jeans and a plaid shirt, buttoned only halfway to reveal some chest hair. The clinking of the spurs of the cowboy boots he was wearing could be faintly heard. He was whistling Ode To Joy.

"... Hoo, boy. Why is it such a long walk? Sure, I could've ridden down to Hangar 10 to go pick up JENKINS, but what fun would that be? Heheh, I just can't wait. It's gonna be good. I just hope Johnny gets there on time. Got ten minutes."

He continued walking and whistling.

Comment

KIASM A. S. Hangar

"Don't worry about those detail; I'm from Japan so I am familiar with difference between Oriental and Western cultures." Nitro dismissed Zero's trifle with a quick shrug. "Nice to meet you though, Zero- Ah here we are."

And there, standing before Zero and Nitro, was Zero's Arm Slave, Blitzrizer.
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

KIASM Hanger - Noon

Zero looks up at his A.S. "So this is Blitzrizer?" He asks as he looks at the pad. "Let's see, it says I need to sync with it. Ok, now to get to the cockpit." He said as he starts to head towards the stairs. "Oh, thank you Nitro-san." Zero said and bowed. He then proceeded to the cockpit. After climbing the stairs, he opens the cockpit and sits int the chair. "To sync, take the cable from under the main monitor and." Zero began reading. He looked under and pulled out a cable. He unwraps his right hand to reveal that its a mechanical hand. He takes off his hoodie and it reveals that his whole arm is mechanical. Zero connects the cable to his shoulder. While reading the pad, Zero starts typing on the keyboard that appeared. After he finishes, Blitzrizer starts humming. "There we go." He said and the cable retracted.

"So you're Zero, nice to meet you." A kind female voice said. Zero looks around. "Look at the monitor." The voice said. Zero looks at the monitor and sees a long, blue haired female. "Hello, you must be the AI for this A.S.?" Zero asks. "Yes, I'm the AI named Sela. I will be with you from now on." Sela said kindly. "Nice to meet you Sela. You're a nice AI I see." Zero said. "Yes. I see that you're a kind person too." Sela said and smiled. "Oh, when we sync, my AI system got copied into your arm so even if you're not in Blitzrizer, we can still communicate with each other." Sela explained. "I see." Zero said looking at his arm. "Don't worry, I'm not going to mention anything about your arm to anyone. After syncing, I've learned what it's about so don't worry." Sela said ensuring Zero. Zero closes his eyes. "I trust you Sela." He said then opens his eyes. Sela smiled. "Ok Sela, let's get this thing up and ready." Zero said ready to go. "Yes." Sela and they started to get to work.

Comment

KIASM

Suddenly, a whistling from behind Nitro could be heard.

"Look at that. Nice mech ya got there boy. I know they're called Arm Slaves, but I'm into old fashioned movies and such from hundreds of years ago. I especially like that one classic, Pacific Rim. Sure, it looks extremely primitive, but it's a real nice storyline."

He stopped talking then.

"-Oh yea, how could I forget, I didn't even ask introductions. What's yer name, lass? Son?" He said addressing both Nitro and Zero.

Comment

Working...
                                X