X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KIASM Hangar

"FINALLY! A student who actually understands what CMR is!" The rugged scientist sighed. He did seem pretty impressed, now to both Jason and his Arm Slave. "Well, seeing this design, I'd say the CMR is around 1.22, whereas the standard Arm Slave model, STRIDER, has the CMR of 3.4... But your mech's CMR is nowhere as low as some, if not most, of Professor Nitro's private works."
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

KIASM Hangar

Jason was a little confused how other Arm Slaves would be faster than his, but perhaps that was because Jason didn't mention how the AI increased his reaction time. Then again, it would be interesting to hear what the man had to say.

"How so?", Jason asked the man in a slightly curious tone.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

KIASM Hangar

"Well, it would be best if you heard from Professor Nitro in person-" The rugged scientist scratched beard, but then he heard Nitro say:

The name's Nitro.

"Oh there she is." The rugged man said in excitement, pointing at Nitro: the girl in blue hair that looked like a student. "Professor Nitro! Over here, please!"
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

KIASM Hanger

Zero hears someone calling for Nitro. "Pro.. Professor?" Zero asks shocked. "You didn't know? Professor Nitro is the best Arm Slave mechanic in the world. She can make and fix anything mechanical." Sela explained though Zero's arm. "I've heard the name before but didn't think about it until now." Zero said looking at his arm.
          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

KIASM Hangar

Jason looked over to Professor Nitro and saw a person that was truly different from all the others. The most unusual part about Professor Nitro was perhaps the fact that she looked like an anime character. Instead of a normal hair color, Nitro's hair was blue, and surprisingly, it looked natural. It was clear that Nitro was an Arm Slave mechanic, based on how fit she was. Perhaps it was from having to carry heavy parts and tools. After all, the average Arm Slave was about 30 feet tall, and the parts usually weighed around 100-800 pounds. Jason had heard about Professor Nitro before, but only bits and pieces. It was usually when Jason spent time in the hangar, testing out different systems and tweaking them. He heard that she was talented, but he honestly didn't know by how much.

"Hello.", Jason calmly greeted Nitro.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

KIASM Hangar

"Hey." Nitro gathered her index finger and her middle finger together and did a two-finger salute. "Oh, Raymond, you're a rare sight. How goes the Cinnabar Project?"

"Does it look like it's going great?" Raymond, the rugged scientist, grumbled and snickered. "Anyway, Professor Nitro, meet... Uh... This fine young man who created this Arm Slave by himself."

Nitro walked over closer to the Arm Slave to inspect the design, her miniscule height accentuated by the mecha's giant stature. "What material did you use for this Neuromotive?"
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

KIASM Hangar

Here was where Jason knew his weakness was. When Jason was building his Arm Slave, he didn't have unlimited resources and had to make compromises. How the Arm Slave delivered electricity to its parts was one of those compromises. He was trying to build one from scratch, but even then, he still could never find the right building materials. He knew what he wanted to build, it was just a matter of trying to find the right components for it. He just didn't have the resources for what he wanted.

"I was hoping for a light-based energy transfer system, but I had to settle with superconductors.", Jason admitted to Nitro.
                sigpic

Comment

KIASM Hangar

"Yeah, you want to at least use the P-Grid for a Neuromotive-system Arm Slaves." Nitro commented as she calculated. "Looks like somewhere around 12 meters..."

Nitro lightly tapped twice on the leg armor of the Arm Slave. The armor responded with muttled clunks in return.

"Multi-layered Titanium alloy... You know, recently the usage of Cryamics (Ceramic alloy plating cooled in liquid Nitrogen) is increasingly popular... But nothing beats Neosteel. Multi-layered Titanium works too, but I'm worried about the density."

After a quick calculation done in head, Nitro smiled at the result. "I'm impressed, kid. 1.25 CMR. Not even bad. Not even bad at all. This Arm Slave probably has the fastest reflex speed made by an amateur engineer." Why was it so weird to hear "kid" from a girl who looked younger than anyone in here?
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

KIASM Hangar

Jason knew that he was using fairly low-tech armor and wiring, but at least he made due with what he had.

"Well, Titanium was the best alternative, due to its resistance to heat, electricity, cold, corrosion, and its high strength-to-weight ratio. Unlike other stronger metals, it's ductile, so it won't shatter if hit hard enough. It's not the best metal out there, but despite its density, it's a very durable and reliable metal alloy.", Jason said, explaining his decision to use multi-layered Titanium Alloy armor.

In the end, Jason was happy to hear that despite the cutbacks he had to make, the Arm Slave was still a good Arm Slave, especially from someone who was experienced with them. Of course, Jason still had a question. This entire time, they had been talking about CMR, and Jason knew what that was, but he still didn't know what the average CMR of a professional-grade Arm Slave was. After a moment, Jason decided to ask Nitro his question.

"What is the average rating for a professional Arm Slave?", Jason asked in a curious tone.
                    Last edited by S121; 02-28-2014, 05:50 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

KIASM

The old man chuckled.

"Now THAT'S a rare sight! A man who made a mecha on his own! AND I get to meet the famous Nitro! Heheh, my lucky day. Well, I take it you're all interested in joining the upcoming tournament?"

He then slapped his forehead.

"Right, right, my name. Well, name's Hector Mercedes. But you might know me as 'Hyde.'"

Comment

Shipping Yard

"It's surprisngly empty here, considering what this place is." the mech's vision shifted back to the normal spectrum.

"Try not to destroy property this time. I still feel ashamed of that time with the ice cream truck and the crane." Nue reminded her.

Novitus sighed. "I still wonder who the hell parked an ice cream truck next to a crane in the first place, it's ridiculous." Novitus retorted.

"Doesn't matter. No crushed people or ice cream trucks. Or cranes. Or anything, really." Nue said, her voice a little annoyed.

"Fine. I'll just head deeper in and find the end of the dock so I can just go under the ocean." Novitus responded. "Or is that a little much for you, little nue?"

"Oh, shut up." Nue replied.

With that, the mech headed further into the shipping yard, looking for the end of the dock.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

KIASM Hangar

Skari listened to everything people had to say around her. While they were talking she also went over to the arm slave and began to study it. "That's quite a low CMR for a arm slave considering that you built it yourself. I'm currently working on a arm slave myself that's supposed to have a really low CMR. If it attains to goal I set for it, it will be able to go into the negative range. I doubt it will be possible tough. Currently the scientists working on it can't reduce it one bit. And let's not even talk about the base CMR. It's way to high anyway. Maybe the Psychic Wing would be a better match. If I left it in combat for a long enough time, I'm sure it could beat that CMR with ease" Skari said. Oh how she could wish she could use the Psychic Wing a little more.

After studying the arm slave for some time, she detached one of the electrical nodes that were attached to her and began to feel the arm slave with it. At the same time she also noticed another person standing here. Although she had no problem with the other people here, she didn't like to see him here. "Oh hey Hyde. I hope you're not going to participate. If you are then I'm going to need a more powerful arm slave. Something better than the Falcon that is my best bet at the moment" Skari said jokingly to Hyde. She then turned her attention to the pilot of this arm slave again. "What types of connection does this thing have? Does it have some sort of wireless or could this be used?" Skari asked as she detached the head of the electrical node that she as holding, revealing a big cable that went into her. If she was lucky, she could feel some of the arm slave's systems. Most likely it wouldn't work tough. The cable type she used was quite rare as it transferred so much information while the wireless interface would have to have support for her parts. But hey, it was worth asking.
                          Last edited by Katrix; 02-28-2014, 11:18 AM.
                          Born in the light.
                          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                          Keep Fighting.
                          –Don't Forget.
                          Always, somewhere,
                          someone is fighting for you.
                          –As long as you remember her,
                          you are not alone.

Comment

KIASM Hangar

Jason didn't know the average score for an Arm Slave, but what he did know was that the maximum score was 0. Any lower, and the Arm Slave would be reacting before it was even given a command. Of course, that wasmn't what bothered Jason. What bothered him was the fact that this girl was gathering information on his Arm Slave and would be entering into the tournament. Jason didn't think it was right for his opponent to have the advantage of extra intel. After all, he didn't know a thing about her Arm Slave.

"You know, it's bad form to examine the internals and software of another contestant's Arm Slave without letting them do the same, especially before a tournament. It gives the person an unfair advantage. That would give you intel while the other person would have none. You can do so after the tournament, but not before.", Jason calmly and politely said to Skari, yet still getting the message across that he was not comfortable with her scrutinizing it.

"You can't connect with it wirelessly. You need a direct connection, and you can only do it with the suit I made for it. It sticks a tiny needle and wire into the base of your skull and transfers your consciousness. That's the only way to pilot it.", Jason explained.
                            sigpic

Comment

KIASM Hangar

Apparently it didn't didn't have any way for her to connect to it. "That's sad. I guess I'll never be able to try this one then. Isn't a needle like that every time you want to use it a little bit annoying tough? Much better with a one time treatment" Skari said. At the same time she connected the wires the the electrical node and connected the electrical node to herself again. Apparently he didn't like to see her taking a look at his arm slave. "That's weird. Normally people love it when I take a look at their arm slave. You however seem to be annoyed by it. Besides, I'm sure to win this tournament anyway. That is of course if Hyde isn't going to participate. Then I might have to work a little bit more. Besides, how were I supposed to know that you were going to participate? Most other people here as far as I've heard isn't going to join. Lastly, I never said that you weren't allowed to look at my arm slave. Of course they still have to arrive, but when they do you are completely free to take a look" Skari said with a slightly angry voice. It was clear that she felt treated in a unfair way. And besides, did he not know her. Maybe he was one of those that didn't know too much about the outside world.
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              someone is fighting for you.
                              –As long as you remember her,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

KIASM Hangar

"It's not that I don't like you looking at my Arm Slave, it's just that I'm not comfortable with it being examined by you connecting to it. It's just that if you connect to it, then you would be able to learn all of its weaknesses and limits. In a battle, that information could mean the difference between victory and defeat. I'll admit, you had no clues to tell you that I was going to participate, and that's why I didn't get angry. If you are not overconfident and truly do have such an advantage, then I will need all the advantages I can get, and my advantage would be it being a mystery to others. After the tournament, you could see it's parameters. Maybe we can see each others' work.", Jason calmly explained to Skari.

Based on how Jason spoke, he was not angry or upset with her, just a little uncomfortable. He understood that she had a point about her not knowing that he was participating, but he knew that he also had a point. He could see that she was a little angry, but he was simply protecting some of his Arm Slave's secrets. After all, if somebody knew about how his Arm Slave worked, then they would be able to develop counters against it.

"Anyways, yes, it can get a little annoying, but I can't get a neural implant, can't afford something like that. From what I've heard, it requires them implanting nodes into different parts of your brain, then adding a tiny slot for the Arm Slave to hook up with the pilot., Jason explained.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X