X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KIASM Hangar

"STRIDER, the normal commercially available Arm Slave has the CMR of 3.8." Nitro answered. "Of course, it varies from model to model for professional fighters, but the average for non-Neuromotive system is 2.6, and Neuromotive 1.8."
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

KIASM Hangar

It seemed like he really didn't know who she was. Well, he would have to learn then. After he was done talking, Skari began to laugh. "That strategy of yours is only going to last one tournament if you plan to score high. Once you score high, everybody will want to know about your arm slave, and if you can't vanish in some way then you will probably have to tell people a thing or two. As for showing each others work. I guess that will work. I'll have to get a few more arm slaves over tough. It would be cheap if I only showed you the weak ones" she said. She then went silent for a few seconds before she began to talk again. "Hello dad, this is Skari. Yes I'm fine, the tournament won't start until a few days. I just wanted to ask you if you could bring a few more arm slaves over. I found a very interesting one here and we agreed to show our arm slaves to each other, but I feel it would be cheap to only show the weakest ones. Could you maybe bring of the Psychic Wing and the Warbear? Oh, not the Warbear, what about the Reaper then? Alright, thanks, love you, bye" she said while talking to her dad. Due to fact that she had technology imbedded into her body, she didn't need any device to contact others.

"Alright, it's fixed. Now you won't have to look at the boring Arm Slaves that I have to use for the tournament. It's only fair anyway. You bring something interesting and I bring something interesting. As for neural implants, that's only the most basic ones. I got that type when I was 15. The more advanced types requires you to have the nodes all over your body. Once you get it tough it's rather comfortable" she said.
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

KIASM Hangar

Jason smiled a little when he heard that his Arm Slave could match up to professional-grade Arm Slaves, especially considering how he had to make most of the parts from scratch. Jason knew that the tournament would be hard, but maybe there was hope for him yet.

"Well, it's good to see that there's hope for me yet. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to win, if I'm lucky.", Jason said to Nitro with a small smile.

Just then, the girl he was talking to began to speak to herself, or at least it looked that way at first. Jason knew that she was using an implant to talk with her father. Of course, Jason still found it to be somewhat impressive. How was it that the little implant would allow her to contact somebody? How did it connect with the rest of her brain? Based on what Jason already knew about technology, the implant wa probably hooked up to a group of neurons that activated the device then the person wanted to use it, almost like another brain function. The technology was pretty commonplace nowadays, but he was always impressed by how advanced it all was. After all, not many people knew about how the devices they used every day worked. They simply used them without thinking much about it.

"Well, it's only to get me by for this one match. I'm hoping that I will be able to afford better parts by then, maybe replace the Neuromotives of the Arm Slave with an LET system (light-based energy transfer system; a very high grade, cutting-edge Neuromotive system), instead of superconductors. The Arm Slave has the potential to be a great mech, but it's being held back by the materials and parts it's made out of. I suppose you could say that it is still a work in progress. As for the implants, I might go with that. It will probably reduce the synchronization time by... 54 percent.", Jason said to Skari.

"What's the Psychic Wing, Warbear, Reaper?", Jason asked Skari in a curious tone.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

KIASM Hanger

Zero bowed after Hector introduced himself. "If you will excuse me, I need to finsih up with my A.S." Zero said and went back to his A.S. "Sela! Lower the wire." Zero said in a raised voice. "Ok." Sela said and lowered the wire for him. Zero placed his right foot through the little triangle and was lifted up to the cockpit. Zero sat back down in it and continued working. "See, that didn't effect the calibration." Sela said as her image appeared. "Ok, you was right." Zero said smirking. "By the way." Sela said and Zero looked at her. "It seems that those two are entries in an upcoming tournament." Sela said pointing to her left with her right finger. Zero looked at the right monitor as Sela zoomed in on Jason and Skari. "Doesn't bother me, I'm not going to enter. I've just finished my training. Even though it was basic training. So all I want to do is get use to piloting this Blitzrizer." Zero said as he continues working. "That sounds reasonable. Let's finish this." Sela said and helps Zero finish the calibrating.

10 Minutes Later.

Zero and Sela finished calibrating Blitzrizer's system. "Finally, it's done." Zero said reliefed as he leans back in the chair and the cable released from his right shoulder and back under the main console. "Good job Zero." Sela said congratulating Zero on finishing. "Thanks. Can you access Honolulu's information and find out where I'll be staying at?" Zero asks Sela exhausted. "Sure, one minute." Sela said and closed her eyes. Sela opened her eyes a minute later. "Weird, you don't have any registered resident data." Sela said confused. "Huh? What do you mean?" Zero asks as he sits up normally. "Even though the data on you being transfered to KIASM base, there's no data on you having a living area." Sela explained. "That is weird, I was told that it was all set up. What does it say about me here?" Zero asks. "Let's see, New recruit: Zero Zekai has permission to use the cafeteria, shower facilites and hanger for Arm Slave repair and maintenance. That's all it says." Sela said reading the info she pulled. Zero leaned his head back and closed his eyes to think. "If worse comes to worse, I can just sleep right here in the cockpit." He said keeping his position.

"That could work I guess." Sela said as she starts to blush. Zero opens his right eye and looks at Sela. "Why are you blushing?" Zero asks as he leans his head forward. "Well, this is where I go into a sleep like state so it would be like sleeping in the same room." Sela said in an embarrassing voice. "I guess that's true but an AI shouldn't be embarrassed by it." Zero said as he leans the chair back some into a resting postion. "I'm a bit tired so I'm going to rest some." Zero said as he lays down. "Ok. I'll shut down Blitzrizer for now." Sela said and after closing the cockpit door, Sela shut down Blitzrizer and Zero fell asleep. (Remember that Zero flew from Japan so his body thinks it's 14 hours ahead.)
          Last edited by Zekai; 03-01-2014, 07:03 PM.
          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Shipping Yard - Honolulu

Raven continued to run through the shipping yard as he kept searching for his Arm Slave.

Whoever was the pilot behind the other A.S that he just saw is also heading deeper into the shipping yard. "Dammit... I need to find the Arbalest..." He said as in the distance he saw it. A large navy blue container with a large Military insignia on the side of it. Raven saw this and he quickly sprinted off to it. As he got up close he then began to punch the code in on the electronic lock for the container.

Comment

Shipping Yard

Novitus didn't notice Raven, nor did he really care. All she cared about was the safety of her mech at the moment. She continued through the shipping yard, and was closing in on the end of the dock.

Then, Nue made a dinging sound in her ears.

"Ey, that hurts a little, you know." Novitus replied.

"We have company." Nue replied. Single human individual, at a large box to your left." Nue informed.

The mech turned in response, looking over to Raven.

"Well, at least there's someone here." Novitus said through the speakers of the mech, loud enough for Raven to hear. "Odd that a shipping yard like this is so empty, don't you think?"

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

KIASM Hangar

Skari didn't really like the approach that he took. Although as long as you couldn't see the upgrade it was generally fine. The problem was that many people that upgraded their arm slaves didn't make any effort to cover it up and make it look nice again. They would just slap the upgrades on it and be done with it. "That's a sneaky approach to take. You can tell people about your arm slave while at the same time lie without lying. How long can you keep it up tough? At one point there probably won't be anything left to upgrade" she said. She knew this herself. At one point there would be nothing left to upgrade to. He would simply have to wait, and that was the one thing he couldn't do with that approach.

When he mentioned the arm slaves however, he r face lit up. "They're arm slaves. The Reaper and the Psychic Wing will probably be released to the public in about 3-5 years. The Reaper is arm slave that specializes in taking out enemy weapon systems while the Psychic Wing is a arm slave that adjust it's movement for each enemy it fights. It got one of the best CMR's on the market right now. If you use it right, nothing will be able to hit you, but you will always be able to hit the enemy where it hurts. As for the Warbear, it's basically a war machine. Unlike the two others, it hit the market 5 years ago. It's probably one of the most deadly arm slaves in direct combat. Not more than that tough, but it's still deadly. I'll tell you more about them when they get here. I can't use any of them for the tournament because they aren't toned down enough and I don't want them to be less powerful than they can be. Hey, by the way, I still didn't get your name" she said.
                Born in the light.
                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                Keep Fighting.
                –Don't Forget.
                Always, somewhere,
                you are not alone.

Comment

KIASM

Hector simply listened. He chuckled and took another swig of beer.

"... So who of you are exited 'bout the upcoming tournament?"

Comment

KIASM Hangar

"No military or organization shares their greatest secrets on the spot. They usually reveal them at the proper time, either during a battle, or during the product's release. What I mean is that if you share all your secrets, people can plan for it, and they will anticipate and try to develop counters. I know that once I fight that the secret will be out, but by then, I won't have to worry about it. I know that my tactic has a one time use, it's just that I don't have enough experience to counter counters against my Arm Slave yet, so I need all the advantages I can get. After this tournament, I should have the experience needed to survive with no advantages."

"Anyways, when there's nothing left to upgrade, I will be able to say that PROMETHEUS is finally completed."
                    , Jason explained to Sidna.

After Jason spoke, Sidna told him about her Arm Slaves. From what Jason could hear, her Arm Slaves were almost military-grade. Of course, all Arm Slaves were military-grade mechs, but her Arm Slave Warbear seemed to be made solely for combat, for war. as for the other two, one seemed to be a hit-and-run kind of Arm Slave, one that would hit and escape, while the other one seemed to disable the enemy before moving in. Right as Jason was about to speak, Skari asked for his name.

"My name is Jason. What's yours?", Jason asked Skari.
                    Originally posted by S121
                    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                    sigpic

Comment

Shipping Yard - Honolulu

As Raven was entering the code into the electronic lock he heard the pilot of the mech speak out to him. Stating how empty the Shipping Yard is. That fact is true... there was a surprising lack of people here. Probably they are on break today? Maybe they were busy elsewhere... Raven shook his head as he tried tried to keep his focus.

"I GREATLY DO APOLOGIZE, BUT I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF SOME IMPORTANT GOVERNMENT WORK!!!" Raven yelled out in a sort of bluff. Yeah he has to get his Arbalest's system's checked, and it is the first time he piloted the Arbalest for about a month. Other than that though... he has the day to himself.

After he entered the code into the electronic lock the large door on the container opened up, allowing Raven to slip inside. Once he was inside the interior of the container looked more like a small personal portable hangar for an A.S. There was even a pod for Raaven's A.S suit which he must wear, as well as the helmet he has to wear. Behind the pod was the ARBALEST in a sitting position with the cockpit on the back of the head wide open.

Raven walks over to the pod his suit and helmet is, and he begins to get changed into his pilot suit...

Comment

Shipping Yard

"You're lying through your teeth." Novitus pointed out. "Trust me, I know when somebody's lying."

Her mech ducked down, looking inside the container, lighting it up with a slightly red tint due to her mech's lights. To be honest, her mech looked quite threatening up close, with it's black and red color scheme.

"Nice mech." Novitus commented. "You make it, or...?"

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

KIASM Hangar

So it was true. The man that was apparently named Jason didn't recognize her. This annoyed her a little. Why didn't he know. Maybe if she gave him a few hints he would know. "So you really don't know? Who made that arm slave over there, what about that one or that one? Do you know" Skari said while at the same time pointing at several arm slaves that her parent company, Lumina Industries, had made. "I hope you know who this man is at least, if not, I've lost" she said while looking at Hyde. She then turned towards him and replied to him. "You know me, I'm always ready for a new tournament, but hey, you still didn't answer my question. Are you going to enter?" Skari asked. If he were going to enter, it meant that she had to begin to plan how to defeat him as quickly as possible. As far as she knew, he was one of the few that she could actually loose to.
                          Born in the light.
                          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                          Keep Fighting.
                          –Don't Forget.
                          Always, somewhere,
                          you are not alone.

Comment

Shipping Yard - Honolulu

Raven gritted his teeth when Novitus said she knew he was lying.

"To tell you the truth I am not really lying." Raven said as he put on his A.S pilot suit and helmet. "Myself and this Arm Slave are both with the Military." He said as he began to climb the ladder to his Arm Slave's cockpit. "The part I was lying about is that today is my day off, and all I really have to do is make sure everything is working perfectly. Other than that there is nothing else that is important." Raven continued with a deadpan tone as he buckled himself into the Arbalest's cockpit. Once he did a few wires and cables emerged from the back of the cockpit, with each cable hooking into different parts of his suit.

Once it was all ready Raven then activated the Arbalest... the locking mechanisms keeping the Arbalest secured in the container were released as the Arbalest slowly came to a stand.

"Also thanks... it was made by the Government specifically for me. Not to my recommendations though..."

Comment

Shipping Yard

"So I was still right." Novitus's mech rose back to it's full height, standing quite a bit taller than Raven's mech.

"So, what's your name, then?" Novitus asked.

"Or is that classified?" Novitus chuckled.

Comment

Shipping Yard - Honolulu

The size difference between the two Arm Slaves were quite obvious. Novitus's A.S stood a decent 9 ft taller than his. After the ARBALEST came to a full stand the walls of the container collapsed outwards onto the ground, allowing room for it to move.

"I guess you may have been correct. Anyways you may call me Raven. I can't specify anything else though. All I can say is that this mech I have is quite special. Now that I told you my name, why don't you tell me what your name is?"

Comment

Working...
                                X