X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jungle/N.W l AfterNoon

"There's a large force of Tainted in the jungle. I don't think the crystal has been recovered, so if we kill the Tainted, we can get it. Most of the Ragnarokans have been killed, so we'll mainly have to worry about the Tainted.", Jason said to Brooks as he reloaded his machine pistols.

Right after Jason spoke, he heard a whistle from the top of the wall. He knew that the Tainted couldn't whistle, but if that was the case, then there was only one explanation. Reacting quickly, Jason aimed both of his machine pistols up at the Tengu on the top of the wall, but right as he did so, the Tengu pointed at one of the walls, where many of the Tainted were killed. Despite the fact that the Tengu had killed the Tainted, Jason still kep his guard up, just in case. After the Tengu left, Jason turned his attention over to Brooks and spoke again.

"So, what shall we do? I could run into the jungle and try to retrieve the crystal if you want. We still have the scanner. It's cracked, but it can still work.", Jason said to Brooks as he kept his guard up, not wanting the group to get ambushed.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Jungle/N.W l AfterNoon

Kris stoped running as she heard the rustling of a tree ("I see you wonīt stop the chase, oh well, letīs test your suvival skills") she thought running through the jungle going to a more populated tainted wilderness. Even though she was passing close to the beasts, they just ignored her as her body was covered in the pheromone that camouflaged her smell from the creatures, but just in case she tried to not make too much eye contact with them.

Her poison crystal was still charging as she felt its energy slowly crossing her body, so she knew it would take little time to get it back on power. The tengu took some rocks as she ran and threw them to some tainted to anger them as she evaded their gazes. The creatures would get alerted and search for any threat close to them.

("I hope Seki has the real object and I a decoy, and my ammunition is dangerously low") the fox checked her quiver and saw that just two normal arrows and one flash arrow were her only projectiles. She kept running while alerting more and more tainted
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Jungle/N.W l AfterNoon

Brooks heard the whistle, and then saw the Tengu woman over head. Brooks quickly recognized the stolen armor. He didn't bother aiming his gun because an assassin would have attacked silently, and there wasn't any kind of poison gas in the air. That aside, following the Tengu may have released the hiding place of the who who originally stole that armor for her. Brooks would have to decided whether to chase her down or to go after the crystal that may not even be a crystal. He looked at Cooper, then at Jason, and after giving it a moment of thought he came up with a solution. "Cooper, Take that bike over there backto base, Rooky get on the back of the bike, if you see an enemy kill them on the spot. Jason, we're going after the crystal. Even if there's onlyy a 1% chance of it being a genuine antimatter crystal we can't allow the enemy to get it first."

"Yes sir!" Said both Cooper and the female infecta who was with them. The two of them left as they had been ordered with the woman in the seat behind Cooper. Brooks deployed a small suitcase like box on the ground in front of his feet. The box oppend itself to reveal a small surplus of ammunition. Jason had probably used quite a bit already, and he would need more if he wanted to fight a small army of the tainted creatures. "Get ready, this may be the most important mission of your life."

Comment

Jungle/N.W l Afternoon

A faint green glow appeared on Kris' knuckles telling her that the crystal was ready but still not at full capacity ("Just a bit more..") she thought while angering more tainted creatures as she sped her way on a more calm form so she wouldn't lose the pheromone cloak because of her still to come sweat

In a instant, the tengu stopped her run and saw a patch of mud. Not hesitating, the fox took the mud and covered her body as also taking pieces of flora to blend easier on her surroundings. Kris leaned on a tree while relaxing her heartbeat, slowly blending into the nature
          Last edited by Kristia; 05-07-2014, 11:59 AM.
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Jungle/N.W l Afternoon

Nisen pursued the fox tengu, watching curiously from above as she threw rocks at the tainted creatures. He wondered what purpose there was behind that, it merely made it more dangerous for herself. But strangely the tainted were ignoring her...That liquid, it must be hiding her presence somehow...!!! Just as this occurred to him as he jumped to another tree, he saw movement coming from the right in the corner of his eye, he instinctively jerked his head backwards while quickly releasing one of his knives from the sheath on his left wrist and threw it upwards to where his face had been.

The knife then buried itself into the body of the small tainted creature with sharp claws that had leap at him, killing it and sending it tumbling into the undergrowth. But the movements that Nisen had done to dodge the attack had unbalanced him and caused him to miss his target, instead he landed clumsily on a weaker branch then the one he aimed at. It managed to hold his weight despite the creaking, barely. So this is what she intended to do... The alert tainted creatures, were gathering around his tree after hearing the noise caused by his landing. Nisen stayed on his branch, he couldn't drop down into that horde, nor could he just jump to another tree, the branch he was on was too weak, it would snap under the extra pressure, he would need to climb to a stronger one first. Then he noticed that he couldn't spot the tengu. The tengu that he had easily spotted easily earlier was now nowhere to be seen, but she couldn't have disappeared from hie view in that short time he was distracted, so she must be hiding...maybe in ambush. Instead of climbing to another branch which would cause him to be exposed, he stayed there on his branch and drew his blades, one from his right wrist and a new one from a shoulder sheath, he also camouflaged himself such that others would have a hard time spotting his precise form even if they could tell his location, causing him to appear to the tainted below as a hazy figure that seemed to merge with the background, confusing them. He scanned his surroundings, alert for any movement, dismissing the tainted below him, right now they were the lesser danger, as long as he ignored them, they should leave him alone, he was probably trespassing in the earlier small tainted's territory when it attacked him. He did not bother looking for the tengu, she was the one who set up this situation, so she would make the first move, instead he watched for any small movements that was not of a natural cause, prepared to react to anything.
            How many times can you die a day~?
            How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

Jungle/N.W l AfterNoon

"Yes Sir. On it.", Jason said as he began to pull out the ammunition from the case and began to stick it to his armor.

Thanks to Jason's magnetism crystal, his armor had not only the normal magnetic holsters on his back and sides, but also along the entire surface of the armor. After placing the magazines onto his body, Jason unloaded both his 2 ZCX-S2 Machine Pistols and his XMA-38 Assault Rifle, and loaded the partially expended clips with extra bullets. After that, Jason quickly reloaded his weapons, placed them on his back and sides, and readied himself for the mission at hand.

"Okay, I'm ready. Is this an extermination, or are we making a run for the source?", Jason asked as he magnetically attached the cracked scanner onto his arm and pulled out his machine pistols.
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

(Time to actually post here)
                Jungle

Soane, after watching for a while, grew bored. The fact was that she needed to get out of here before she was discovered. She sat up, brushing leaves off her, as she readied her revolver and shortsword and began to move through the underbrush. A group of Tainted creatures were ahead. Another obstacle.

Soane burst from the brush, sending a shortsword cleanly through the skull of the first Tainted. The others turned and ran at her in response, which ended with the boom of gunshots, felling the creatures quickly and efficiently. Soane loaded two more bullets into her revolver, cleaning her shortsword of blood and sheathing it, though she kept the revolver by her side.

She needed to move fast, as howls and growls of Tainted, hearing the duo of gunshots, came from the distance. Soane cursed quietly to herself, and moved swiftly under the trees.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Infecta HQ - Infirmary: Noon

After resting up some, Zero decided to get out of bed. As he got up and started to leave, a male voice called out to him. Zero turned to his right and saw his commander. "Where are you going?" He asks. "You know I can't stand being around them and...... I'm going to see my sister." Zero said in an angry tone then went sad towards the end and left the Infirmary.

Infecta HQ - Cemetery: Noon (about 15 minutes later)

After getting dressed, still having bandages under his clothes and some visible, he went to a small flower shop and got a few flowers and went towards the cemetery. He then walked over to the civilian area and stopped in front of a grave that said "Kana Zekai". Zero cleaned the grave some and placed the flowers on the grave and takes his left knee and placing it on the ground. "Hey there sis, I would say I'm doing fine but well..... I'm a bit bandaged up right now." Zero said with a small joking sound in his voice and a small smile. "We still haven't found peace yet. The damn Ragnorokians are still attacking us." He said in a slight angry tone. "I know all you ever wanted was for everyone to get along but......" He said as he looks to the right a bit. "I can never get along with any Ragnorokian for taking you away from me, the last family member I had left." He said with his eyes closed. He then opens his eyes and looked back at the grave. Zero takes his right hand and reaches behind him into a small bag that he has attacked onto his belt and pulls out a crystal, a healing crystal that belonged to Kana. "You always cared about others and just wanted to help them." He said sadly as he looks at the crystal and starts to get teary eyed. "Kana, I know you don't want me to take revenge but I have to. I just won't feel right not doing it, I'm sorry." He said as he clenches the crystal and stands up afterwards. Zero places the crystal back into the bag. "I'll came back alive, I promise." He said and then started to walk away, heading towards the barracks.
                  Last edited by Zekai; 12-10-2014, 06:05 AM.
                  "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Jungle/N.W l Afternoon

Kris breathing was almost non exisstent as her heartbeat was barely going and her body temperature was lowering to minimum safe levels, yet her senses and instincts were at full alert, she looked at how the tainted creatures went like crazy when they noticed a pressence that surely was her chaser. Soon a figure apeared on her view ("A ragnarokian.. Moko build and rather of small stature, but that doesnīt mean he is weak") she thought not moving at all

The tengu was thinking for three things, either go for an attack that could fail since the male chased her for quite a time making her assume he wasnīt a simple scout, get up and try to talk her way out of the situation that also was highly risky since he hasnīt tried to make contact with her. Her last choice and most possible to use was to stay on the same place totally hidden by the flora and its natural scents blurring her still almost nonexistent smell.

So Kris stood hidden waiting for the mokoīs action

Spoiler:

Comment

Jungle

Soane dashed through the jungle at a breakneck apce, slashing Tainted left and right as they tried to tail her. Tried. Three Tainted jumped her in front, along with two in the back. They launched all at once. Perfect. She leapt up into the air as the Tainted rushed in below.

She came down on the one right below her, the momentum sending it through the Tainted's skull as she pulled the revolver, firing a trio of bullets into the Tainted closest to her. She pulled out her blade and did rapid stabs in various, unexpected directions, catching the Tainted off-guard.

They came in faster and faster.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Jungle/N.W l AfterNoon aka RIGHT AFTER S1'S LAST POST

Brooks prepared himself the same as Jason was doing, loading his guns and stocking up on all the ammo he could hold, he didn't have the added benefit of holding ammunition to his armor since he wasn't using his magnitism crystal, but he had a pretty sweet trade off. Once Jason had finished prepperaitons he asked Brooks ""Okay, I'm ready. Is this an extermination, or are we making a run for the source?" Brooks didn't have to give it much thought and he replied with what he thought was the best strategy. "You're going to take that scanner and look for the cause of the radiation, I'll cover you while you recover the artifact in question." Brooks waited for Jason to lead the way as he was the one holding the scanner, that and you can't really cover a man if he's behind you. As he followed his fellow infecta into battle, he took the calm before the storm as his chance to send out one last order to HQ. He placed his communicator to turn it back on. He sent out a basic order for anyone at the base to ready a recovery helicopter, to pick up Jason and himself after the recovered the cause of the radiation, he specifically asked if anyone from Ghost 1 was able to take this mission as they were least likely to be shot down by the enemy.

(Note: i'm intentionally giving Zakai a chance to do something that he could do while injured. weather he takes the opportunity or not is up to him)

Comment

Jungle/N.W l AfterNoon

"Okay. Here we go.", Jason said as he stared at the jungle beyond and mentally prepared himself for battle.

He knew what lied beyond. Not only would they have to worry about a horde of Tainted, each one hellbent on ripping both him and Brooks to pieces, they also had to worry about the Ragnarokans. Surely the Ragnarokans would not risk the crystal falling into Infecta hands. Jason would bet that there had to be at least one Ragnarokan as insane as he and Brooks were, and if that was the case, every second counted. With that in mind, Jason sprinted forth at 60 mph, straight into the jungle.

As soon as Jason entered the jungle, a group of Tainted were already after both of them, intent on ripping them apart. Three of the Tainted approached Jason from the front, but were quickly gunned down as Jason opened fire with his machine pistols then rammed straight through them as he ran towards his destination.
                          sigpic

Comment

Jungle

Soane's teeth gritted as she cleaved through more and more Tainted with various extremely fast sweeping and stabbing attacks. She tossed the sword up, catching it rverse to how she had it, stabbing another tainted coming in from behind, while 2 more bullets rang out from her revolver. She was going to get overwhelmed, and soon, and she knew that.

"This is NOT my day." she said as she pulled the sword out from the Tainted's skull, and checked her revolver's cylinder. One bullet left.

"Which god damned me today?" she said, closing the cylinder and began stabbing into another Tainted.

Comment

??? - Lab

"You do realize that you don't have much more time..."
                              "I know." Starla responded to the other scientist that had spoken.
                              "The military wants a weapon. You said that the Golem will function as such as it is, correct?"
                              "Yes...but..."
                              "Starla, it's time to give up. You've been at this for days... Give them what they want."
                              "Just give them Nemesis? Just as some tool?"
                              "How many times have you tried to make a fully self-aware AI?"
                              "..."
                              "I know you think that having a military grade android that is self-aware would be better than not..."
                              "I don't want to make just a tool for destruction..."
                              "...I know...but, at this point, you're out of time. Give them what they want. Work on it later."
                              "..."
                              "Starla?"
                              "...Give me a moment...I...I have a plan..."
                              "...alright."
                              The man obliged with Starla's request and went out of the lab room. Once he had left, Starla turned to a humanoid figure that had semi-transparent parts that looked like the woman that flickered on the display earlier.
                              "Alright Nemesis... It's time to wake you up. But...I'm going to put one small little piece of programming into your main code. Hopefully it will work as I intended it to...and hopefully you will become more than 'just a weapon.' I pray... I pray that lives will be spared with this."
                              Starla then typed out the last piece of code into the computer and paused for a moment before pressing the enter key on the keyboard.
                              "...Nemesis...wake up."

Suddenly the eyes of the android girl opened with the press of the key.

Comment

Jungle/N.W l Afternoon

After a stretch of time with no movement other than from the restless tainted below him, he started considering ways of getting out of his current situation. The tengu had not attacked immediately despite his location being broadcasted by the tainted, this either meant she wished to avoid conflict or more likely, considering the chaos she wrecked at west star, waiting for a better opportunity. From what he had seen earlier, she did not have many arrows left to waste, and no matter how good of a shot she was, she knew nothing of his abilities, so taking the risk to shoot immediately just because his position was revealed was unnecessary. She was probably waiting for him to move out of his position and maybe attack once she saw an opening.

So he had to find a way to escape other than his earlier consideration of climbing to a stronger branch which would leave him vulnerable to attack. As he looked at the tainted creatures below him, he finally came up with the solution to his problem. Time to use her method to reveal my presence, to hide myself again... He adjusted his stance slightly and tightened his grip on his knives without making any visible movement. Once he had mentally mapped out a path, he activated his wind crystal and directed its power towards his boots using nearly unnoticeable finger movements. Then he moved in the one direction the tengu should not expect him to go. He dropped straight down among the tainted.

An instant after he landed softly in a crouch, before the tainted could react, he pushed off hard and ran at speeds approaching 60kph using his knives to cut any tainted creature he passed enraging them. He didn't slow down at all, kicking off the trunks of trees in order to change his path instead of slowing to turn. His extremely fast but random movements around that small area and leaving his scent all over the place, along with the wounds he inflicted, enraged the tainted further but caused them to become extremely confused. Soon the tainted were rampaging in random directions, and even began fighting among themselves. No one should be able to keep track of him among the confusing movements of the tainted as well as his own sheer speed. He also left barely any trace of his passage despite his speed, barely rustling the undergrowth, only causing the trees he kicked off of to shake. When he judged that he had caused a sufficient among of chaos such that anyone watching him would have lost track of him among the tainted, he ran straight up the trunk of a tree from the same direction the tengu had been headed, meaning even if she had somehow kept track of him, she wouldn't notice him ascend the tree due to the trunk blocking her view from wherever her position was.

As he reached a comfortable height, he jumped from tree to tree, gradually slowing down as his kinetic energy he was using to bounce from tree to tree was absorbed. So even if he was seen climbing the tree, they would be unable to keep track of which tree he ended up in, and if he wasn't seen, the rustling caused by his landings were near identical to the sound caused when he was kicking off trees while running on the ground. He finally stopped jumping as he landed on a comfortably thick branch with a similar view from the earlier branch he was trapped upon and immediately sprawled onto his stomach, looking towards the ground, watching for the reaction from the tengu as the commotion among the tainted grew.
                                Last edited by bookdragon2000; 05-14-2014, 08:54 AM.
                                How many times can you die a day~?
                                How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

Working...
                                X