X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death Vally l Night

While being thrown to her own feet, Kris landed on her four limbs prepared to attack. She knew that the moko was better than the average, but facing both Seki and herself was almost a dead end for him.

Her nails glowing eerily green, the Tengu prepared to face the boy while checking on her partner
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Death Valley-Night

Nisen knew that he was in a disadvantage in a straight up fight, even excluding the fact that it was two on one. He mainly operated by taking down his targets before they could react, so he knew he had no chance of winning this fight, but that wasn't the goal anyway. As the Human charged at him, he continued speeding forward without slowing, as usual changing his colors as he moved so that he confused his opponents view of him, throwing off their aim slightly. He had already automatically drawn another blade from his back with his left hand after throwing the first two knives. But instead of drawing another blade, his right hand reached into his pouch at his waist. As the distance between him and the human closed, he threw what he held in his right hand into the air, causing the multitude of objects to scatter into seki's face as he dropped to the ground and ducked below the first blade, slashing upwards with the blade in his left hand, only to have to parried by seki's other blade as expected.

As he quickly rose to his feet again behind seki, he threw the blade held in his left hand behind him, using the wind crystal's speed to propel the blade to make it move almost as fast as a bullet. But he didn't throw it at either of the duo, instead it flew up into the air and sliced through a large branch of a tree. The branch then fell towards seki's head. After ensuring that the human was thus preoccupied, he quickly drew another blade with his left hand from his waist and reaching into the pouch with his right again, he dashed at the tengu. Throwing the objects he held in his right hand once again straight into the tengu's face, he jumped straight up above the tengu and slashed behind him as he landed behind the tengu.
      How many times can you die a day~?
      How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

Death Valley-Night

Everything went into slow motion as she saw both the oncoming small objects coming to her and the blade going for her back, yet she was calm. Using Seki's side arm she still held, Kris fired to the ground just in front of her to make the pieces of dirt and rock collide with the objects

The oncoming blade was the thing the tengu waited for, she waited for the right moment and quickly moved her left leg towards the moko's weapon, a small yet filled with poison blade appeared from the sole of the boot cclashing with the boy's weapon as the poison energy flew towards him at almost point blank range
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Death Valley-Night

Nisen was caught off guard by the blade that came from the tengu's boot, having expected his attack to be replied to with the tengu's claws. As a result he reacted a bit too slowly and got hit by some of the poison energy as he jumped backwards. He quickly threw more of the small objects at the tengu, adding three knives to the barrage that he threw in quick succession as he retreated. He quickly escaped into the trees and tried to put some distance between him and the duo before he was incapacitated by the poison.

As he jumped from tree to tree, Sonia's voice issued from his earpiece, "As expected, those two are too strong for you to fight straight up even in a one on one. After all, unlike you their crystals are used directly in combat, guess you will have to wait until the latest prototype which can actually channel your wind crystal directly in combat is ready before you challenge the likes of them again. We are ready at the rendezvous point but make sure to shake any pursuers before you come."

Comment

Death Valley-Night

Evading most of the objects, Kris moved with the last knive and caught it, yet the moment she glanced at the moko, he was already leaving ("Looks like he undertood that it was too dangerous to battle both Seki and I") she thought twirling the knive on her fingers and threw it to the moko´s direction.

Glancing back at her friend, the tengu only spoke "We better leave before anything else happens. That tainted humanoid is something I need to check, the tinted creatures followed his command" she glanced back at wherever the moko left

Spoiler:

Comment

Death Valley night

Seki watched the objects coming towards her face and acted accordingly. She bent backwards at first and then turned the simple motion into a full back flip, using nothing more than the strength in her feet an ankles. She caught herself in mid air while she was still upside down. Suspended in the air by her own blade which she stuck into the ground to meet his. With her one free hand the girl fired the one side arm she had held onto directly at the ground where the moko had been. He was a bit too quick however as the bullet missed. the next thing Seki knew a tree was falling from above her head. She had just enough time to charge her pistol with fire energy and shoot a round into the air, shattering the tree in an explosion of bark and ashes.

The events that followed happened rather quickly. The moko charged Seki's partner only to be thwarted by the poison within one of her blades. the moko then quickly tried to flee the battle, a movement which Seki would allow, but not without consequence. In his panic to get away, Seki was able to plant an object on the moko that was no larger than a ladybug. The item was purple and had been stuck to one of the back end of one of the moko's boots. It looked as if he stepped in something.

The white haired girl then turned to her tengu partner, nodding in agreement to her suggestion to leave. The next thing she said about the tainted controling creature left Seki a bit uneasy. "Have to admit, i really prefer controlling the tainted than having them work against me. Whatever that being was it needs to die as soon as possible. But i suppose we can leave that between Ragnarok and the other Infecta." Seki gathered her things and left with the Tengu quickly as they could. A long day finally ending.

Comment

Nearing Infect Base | Night

Jason was confused by what Brooks was saying. Who was "she", and what motives would "she" have? Whoever Brooks was referring to, it was clear to Jason that "she" was factionless, based on her actions today. Of course, that still left the question of who "she" was.

"Who is 'she'? Why would she do this?", Jason finally asked Brooks.
                Originally posted by S121
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

Death Valley-Night

Checking her armor for any damage, the Tengu sighed since there were nonly minor scratches "Nothing that only some rags can´t clean" she said more to herself as the duo headed to their home. She looked at her partner with mock scowl "You didn´t have to destroy my quiver, you know? I´m ok with the arrows, but quivers aren´t so easily crafted" she spoke with a pout even though her mask made it impossible to show.

("Not that I don´t have others in the stashes, but it is good to tease from time to time") Kris thought with some happiness.

Spoiler:

Comment

Death Valely l Home Night

The duo made it back to their base of opperations. Seki was both tired and feeling a little guilty from what her partner had just said. She was barely able to keep her eyes open at this point. but she was able to muster a few words as she crawled into her cot. "Sorry, I'll make you a knew one in the morning." The girl quickly fell asleep after that, not even bothering to remove her armor before sleeping.

The Infecta Base Night

Brooks and Jason had finally landed back home. "Who is 'she'? Why would she do this?" Jason asked Brooks. "One of our own, or rather she was. There are a few people on this planet who have given themselves to the taint. From what we can tell tainted crystals will gain power more easily. However i'm sure you remember what happened when a few of our men tried ejecting themselves with the stuff... According to the Recon unit, a human girl with a tainted crystal attacked them after luring them into a Trap. The only one who managed to escape was Zero. I wasn't going to bother with this girl but if what i'm thinking is correct, we'll need to take action soon." Brooks sighed, clearly not wanting to give the order for another Infecta's death. He exited the air craft and headed towards the recreation area.

Comment

Death Valely l Home Night

The tengu chuckled at the infecta's sudden nap, she carefully dealt with the outer parts of the pyromancer's armor si she could be comfirtable and covered the female with a blanket.

Kris then headed to her workshop, around the table were different materials, from powders of varied colors, tips with specific forms and vials with scents of many purposes and on the wall were many quivers, much to the archer's amusement. Taking off her helmet the yellow fox shook her head so the fur could breath ("Ok then, lets deal with the ammunition") the Tengu thought assembling an explosive arrow, there were many others to be built

Spoiler:

Comment

Infecta Base | Night

As Jason listened to Brooks, he couldn't help but feel angry, betrayed. One of their own kind was responsible for this mess, for the deaths of some of the Infecta's finest soldiers. Jason's grip tightened on his weapon as he thought about each soldier dying, that they died because of one tainted Infecta. If what Brooks said was true, then she had to be neutralized, or else she would kill again.

As Brooks left the aircraft, Jason quickly followed him as he stuck his rifle on his back.

"What should we do about this tainted Infecta? If she was capable of this, then there is no doubt in my mind that she'll kill again, maybe take out more of us in the future than how many she took today.", Jason said to Brooks as he walked beside him.
                        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                        sigpic

Comment

Death Valley-night

Nisen continued travelling through the trees, but his pace was slowed and his movements slightly unsteady. Sonia's voice came through his earpiece again, "The goal has been accomplished successfully. There are a few other things i need you to check up on but you need to recover first. Forget shaking off pursuers considering your current state you will not make it to the rendezvous point unless you come here straight." Nisen made a nodding motion again and enduring the effects of the poison, altered his path. He needed to restock too, he didn't quite fancy facing off against yet another enemy with his only three remaining knives.

Jungle-Private Ragnarokian ship

Sonia cut off the communication link to Nisen after relaying the message. She ran one final check on all the ships systems before setting the ship down in the clearing. Nisen had scouted out this place earlier and they had decided to make this their base of operations. It was a fair distance from both the infecta and ragnarokian bases and well hidden. After clearing all the procedures for setting down, she activated the ship's camouflage and turned back to the monitors. The center one still displayed Nisen's view as he unsteadily continued on. I did not want to antagonise any of the infecta so that if needed peaceful contact could be made in the future...luckily this infecta and the tengu that assaulted West Star seem to be unrelated to the main group of infecta. Sonia thought as she watched the feed that displayed kris and seki's home base. The objects Nisen had thrown earlier and managed to get a few stuck on kris and seki were the small cameras and microphones he had been planting around the infecta base earlier. Giving up on Nisen being able to track them and remain hidden, they decided to resort to this. Now we should be able to find out why they attacked West Star but...They let Nisen go too easily with no attempts to chase him... Sonia frowned, feeling slightly troubled.

Comment

The Infecta Base. l Night

As Jason and Brooks walked, Brooks had already been considering Jason's question before it was asked. He had been thinking about it for a while actually. "As it stands we don't have the knowledge to do anything. While taking her out would be the best option, we have no idea where she is or what dangers we would face if we attacked her. For now we need figure out exactly what happend today and hope it gives us some clue about what to do next.." Brooks stopped at the rec room and took a quick look around. He needed to find Cooper and Zero.
                            Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 12-09-2014, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Infecta Base: Night - Zero's Room.

After leaving his sister's grave, Zero went to his room to figure out what to do next. He sat on his bed with his back against the wall and was typing away on his computer while looking at his EC Divider blueprints. "If I can improve it, maybe I can....." He says to himself as he funnels through many different blueprints to figure out how to improve his gear.

Sent by Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Zekai; 12-10-2014, 06:24 AM.
                              "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Infecta Base | Night

Jason found it to be understandable that Brooks would want to stay on the defensive and recuperate from today's losses, but Jason felt that if they didn't gather intel immediately and try to find the rogue Infecta as soon as possible, the trail would quickly grow cold, leaving The Infecta with no means of finding her. With that in mind, Jason spoke again in the hopes that Brooks would assign him to the task.

Sir, I wish to personally spearhead the campaign to locate and neutralize the rogue Infecta. I am almost positive that we can find her before tomorrow night. Given how we have Zero as a survivor, we could figure out where the battle took place. With that information, we could use that battle as a 'tracking center' and calculate how far she would be from that center. Depending on her resources, she could merely reside within 200 miles from the battle. After that, it would merely be a matter of sending out the scouting drones. We would already know where to look, so the only thing left to do would be to fight her.

I also believe that I would be best qualified for the task of hunting her down and fighting her due to my magnetism power crystal and combat experience. Best case scenario, she won't be able to so much as touch me. Worst-case scenario, I retreat to one of the nearby outposts, where I can then relay my intel on her fighting capabilities."
                                , Jason said to Brooks, explaining his ideas to him.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X