X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death Valely l Home Night

The tengu was humming lightly while dealing with her arrows, she was dealing with the pheromone and poison ones as her nose was classifying each of them, then came the bad odor of the mud and sweat ("I should have cleaned our armors first"¨) she thought wrinkling her nose at the smell.

Kris decided to start with Seki`s armor since it was already dismantled, but then caught something odd in the armor, between the many spikes was a little object, small enough to be almost unnoticeable to the human eye, but she wasn`t the average person "Hello there, enjoying the scenery?" she actually spoke to the camera and quickly crushed the small device.

Knowing there could be more, the fox looked at the armor ("This girl only wants this as an appearance, just look at all this spikes and forms to make this thing threatening"), soon she found all the ones she could and then did the same with her own armor, it was easier with hers since it was almost a second skin for the tengu, so any odd protuberance would be destroyed by her touch.
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

The Infecta Base. l Night

Brooks looked around the recreational area, only to find that Zero was no longer there. His next thought was to check his sleeping quarters. Brooks listened to Jason's idea and took it into consideration. As he started walking to Zero's room. "You're right, we need to deal with her sooner rather than later. However going in blind would be foolish. You're one of my best men, I'll let you lead the operation as you requested. However i don't want you seeking this infecta out until we have a better understanding of what she's capable of." Brooks stopped in the hallway on his way to Zero's sleeping quarters and looked back to Jason. "Since you're officially leading this mission now, i'll let you talk to Zero alone. I'll take the artifact you recovered to Cooper and get it checked out."

(Hello, since i don't think I've explained it yet here is what happened. Seki created the artifact recovered by Jason and Brooks and covered it in a substance which gives off a radiation similar to antimatter. The artifact itself, when turned on admits special pheromones that will send tainted creatures into a fit of mad rage. The artifact was used to draw in members of both sides to cause a big enough distraction for Seki and Kris to move in and take what they needed with as little resistance as possible. I had intended to have this explained by the end of the IC day but i forgot to put it in anywhere. I won't consider it meta if you make your character aware of this, since it was meant to be made obvious at the end of the day.)

Comment

Infecta Base | Night

Jason felt that he had a lot of gall to be so straightforward with Brooks about this mission, but he was happy and slightly relieved when Brooks handed the operation over to him. Brooks had entrusted this mission to him, and Jason would not let Brooks down.

"Thank you, Sir. I will get on that immediately.", Jason said to Brooks as he began to walk to Zero's room.

After about a minute of walking, Jason had made his way to Zero's sleeping quarters. Wasting no time at all, Jason knocked loud enough for the sound to travel into Zero's room.

*knock*
        *knock*
        *knock*

"Zero Zekai, may I have a moment of your time?", Jason asked after knocking.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Infecta Base: Zero's Room

As Zero was typing away, trying to figure out how to upgrade his gear, a knock came at his door. Someone was asking for him? That is new for him. Zero placed his computer down and went to the door and opened it. "Who is it?" He asks as he opens the door.

Sent by Tapatalk
          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Infecta Base | Night

Right after knocking on the door, Jason was now face-to-face with Zero. To be honest, Jason had not known very much about Zero. After all, there were many Infecta living in the base, so it was hard to keep track of them all. What Jason did know was that Zero was involved in the Infecta's military forces, evident by what he had witnessed today. Not only that, Jason also knew that he had lost someone during one of Ragnarok ' raids, only Jason did not know who. After Jason quickly collected his thoughts, he removed his helmet and spoke.

"Hello. My name is Jason Stone, and I am here to ask you some questions about today.", Jason calmly said to Zero.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

Infecta Base: Night

The guy introduced himself as Jason Stone. Zero has heard that name before, someone who is ranked much higher than he was. "I see, come in sir." He said as he gestures Jason to come in. Zero's room doesn't have much, a bed, nightstand, desk, chair and a small dresser. "Please take a seat." Zero said as he sits on his bed. "What is it you need from me sir?" He asks.

Sent by Tapatalk
              "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Infecta Base | Night

Jason followed Zero inside his sleeping quarters, and after Zero sat on his bead, Jason decided to sit in the chair near the desk. After all, Jason might be here for a little while. Once Jason sat and heard Zero's question, Jason anawered.

"Well, I was told by Brooks that your group was attacked today by an unknown hostile, a Tainted Infecta girl. Do you remember what happened? What did she do?", Jason calmly asked Zekai.
                sigpic

Comment

Zero thought back to the attack that happened to him and the rest of Ghost-1 earlier. "I don't know much sir. A large group of Tainted came out of nowhere and attacked us. During the fight, one clawed my right arm and other nearly broke a few of my left ribs. One of the commanders told me to leave and find Brooks and bring him back for backup and so I left." Zero explained his story.

"I'm still new to the military and I know that following a commanders orders us a must but I wanted to staying and fight..... but I stilled left." He said regretting leaving the fight. "If my system was only approved, I could've fought better." Zero mumbled to himself just barely audiable.

Zero then remembered something. "I did noticed that the Tainted was acting weirder than usual but that's all." Zero said finishing his report.

Sent by Tapatalk

Comment

Infecta Base | Night

Much to Jason's disappointment, Zero knew nothing of the rogue Infecta, only of the Tainted. As Jason listened to Zero's story, he heard the new infantryman's remark, albeit barely. Most higher ranking officials would have either ignored or reprimanded Zero for it, but these words happened to interest Jason. Unlike many of the Infecta soldiers, Jason was one of the few that was directly involved in the maintanence and R&D of his armor; he was both a soldier and an engineer. In the back of hid mind, Jason knew that what he was about to do was unprofessional, but this was an opportunity to learn something, and possibly find someone to work with.

"Hm? What was that you said?", Jason inquisitively asked Zero.
                    sigpic

Comment

Jason asked Zero about what he just said. "The Tainted was acting unusual, like something was angering them, but that's all I was able to tell." He said looking down towards the floor.

Sent by Tapatalk

Comment

Infecta Base | Night

Jason was slightly confused about the miscommunication between Zero and him, but it at least served to reinforce what Jason already knew about the Tainted's behavior today. As for the miscommunication, Jason decided to correct it.

"Then it seems that the Tainted in your sector were behaving the same way. I appreciate the information you have given me, but I was actually talking about what you had said under your breath.", Jason said to Zero.
                        sigpic

Comment

Zero was surprised that Jason heard him, about his system. Zero was hesitant to talk about it but he looked over his left shoulder to his computer. After taking a deep breathe, Zero grabbed his computer and type a few things and then spun the monitor (suspecting that they have holographic monitors for computers).

"My weapon, the Eclipse Divider - 996: Black Knight has a special system which I named; The Cartridge System. By storing crystals power into cartidges or ammunition shells, it can increase the power of the user. The increase can vary from .5x to 10x the user's normal power, depending on the power stored in the cartridge. Of course there are a few issues, one can be that the boost in power can destroy the armor if not properly protect. The second is a feedback which can cause the crystal to overload and explode, releasing all the boosted power in an omni-directional blast. I've made a safety limit program so it can prevent going over the armor's limit. It can be turned off by either a Commander or one of the top officials, depending on the situation. The greatest feature is that it doesn't need just the user's crystal, you can load cartridges of other crystals' power and use their power for a short time. In the end, it is a booster system to help comeback to differance in our strength, since they have 3 antimatter crystals. I've testes it myself, but only went to 3x extra power. I've presented this to the R&D as well as the top officials but have been turned down 3 times. I'm planning on giving up on it if it doesn't get approved the next time I try. The R&D doesn't want to use a system made by a non-personal and a no-namer like me." Zero said as he explains his system.

Sent by Tapatalk

Comment

Infecta Base | Night

Jason carefully listened to Zero as he spoke about his system and couldn't help but smile about the similarities that one of his projects shared with Zero's.

"To be honest, I was working on something similar. Instead of charging up an external crystal, mine uses specialized crystal capacitors inside the crystal compartment that absorb any extra energy from the suit's crystal and stores it for later. This excess power can be used to either provide a quick boost in power for a very short amount of time, or can be used to unleash a shockwave, based on the crystal type. The only problem with mine us that it can only be used in short bursts before having to recharge. That, and the Capacitors can only store roughly 50% of the crystal's maximum power.", Jason explained to Zero.

"Now, you said that the guys down in R&D refused to use your system, but that doesn't mean that you can't personalize your armor to use your own system. Take my suit for example. It's not even standard issue, it's an old suit of power armor that the Army back on Earth used. It was mine before I became an Infecta, and all I did was modify it to be compatible with power crystals. Point is, they may not want to use your system, but that doesn't mean that you can't use it.", Jason said to Zero, assuring him that his system may still be implemented.
                            sigpic

Comment

Zero listened to Jason and heard that he has a similar system in his suit. "The this is is that I want to let other soldiers use it to help make up a difference in power but since I won't hand over the rights to clain the system to R&D, I've been forbidden to use it in battle. My suit already has the system installed into it, I did install it myself." Zero said as he minimizes the screen. "I am just a rookie after all so they can't trust my system." Zero said as he walks over to the table and opens one of the drawers. He takes out different types of ammunition. "All of these have stored Shadow crystal power in them, each giving a 2x boost." Zero said as he hands Jason some pistol ammo. "Take a look." He says as he places them into Jason's hand.

Sent by Tapatalk

Comment

Infecta Base | Night

Upon hearing that Zero was forbidden from using his system, Jason laughed.

"Really? R&D told you that? Trust me when I say this, R&D does not have the authority do something like that. QA does, and they are a completely different division. Even then, QA simply makes sure you won't blow yourself or others up.", Jason explained to Zero with a slight chuckle.

After Jason finished talking, Jason grabbed the magazines and carefully examined them. It seemed as if the magazine used some of the Infecta's newer technology, crystal power, to power the weapon. As he looked them over, he thought about all the technical possibilities of the technology, as well as how it might have worked.

"So what process allows this technology to work? Can you explain it?", Jason asked Zero.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X